Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past Video Game

Travel through the Light and Dark Worlds in this classic Zelda adventure. Return to an age of magic and heroes! When an evil magician named Agahnim begins kidnapping young maidens in Hyrule in a quest to break the imprisoning seal on Ganon, a young boy named Link is called upon to stop him. Link must venture into twisting mazes, dungeons, palaces and shadowy forests as he searches for the maidens and Princess Zelda. Traversing both Light and Dark Worlds, he must navigate eight dark dungeons, fighting evil enemies and huge bosses. Help our hero prevent Ganon and Agahnim from shattering Hyrule forever. Whether you are a young knight, a heroine-in-training or a seasoned warrior, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past will delight!

Is this a good game? I've never played before.
Is this the original Zelda?
Would you play this again??
Start your review of Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past Video Game!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“Who hasn't played Zelda games especially the Zelda games from back then for the Super Nintendo and older Nintendo game consoles where just simply the best zelda games ever...” in reviews
“The storyline is great, the world is huge and full of exciting dungeons and adventures, and it is one of the best games for SNES.I love all the Zelda games.” in reviews
“this was one of the first video games i ever played as a child and hands down one of the best games in the legend of zelda series” in reviews
“Then you're thrown into a parellel "shadow" world for another seven dungeons and a fully thought out story line.” in reviews
“I loved playing this as a kid and remember how much fun it was trying to navigate through and figure everything out.” in reviews
When it comes down to top down Zelda games I would say that this is the best one. The original NES game was great but this one surpasses it in every way. The graphics are vivid and the combat is top notch. I would recommend this game to anyone who plays video games. It is a classic in every way possible.
I loved this game! I couldn't stop playing it once I picked it up. The detail in this game is just amazing. Well worth the money spent and I love the additional content you can purchase. You definitely get your money back in time invested, totally worth buying.
This game holds up to any criticism as it's aged. I was able to play it recently and it blew me away with how inventive it was with level design and start telling. I would say that this is the perfect entry point into the Legend of Zelda franchise and can introduce you to the many amazing stories it has to offer
Shrewsbury, MA
This is one of my favorite Zelda games of all time. It was the first one I ever played and it’s still enjoyable today. It still holds up well today and I recommend everyone play A Link to the Past.
67601
Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past Video Game uploaded by eric T.
Purchased at: Amazon
One of the best in the series! One game to always go back too. Hard to find now a days but easy enough to pick up play. You can never beat the classics. It is downloadable through the nintendo e shop.
Seattle, WA
Zelda as a series has held up over the years, but this is probably the first that was truly great. Yes, the original is a classic and was groundbreaking, but LttP? It was flawless. First off, there are alternate dimensions. I remember playing this for the first time and having no idea what was going on. Everything looks different. The soundtrack is different. And these changes mixed seemlessly into the plot. Ocarina gets credit for bringing you back and forth in time. Well LttP started that whole idea by bringing you between the light and dark worlds. This is one of the few games I've played multiple times. It's so good, and it holds up so we'll. Yes, the graphics are dated, but the gameplay and storyline make this a timeless classic.
Waynesburg, KY
One of my favorite games and one of the first video games that got me hooked and turned me into a gamer. When it came out the graphics we're great and the storyline was good as well. You can't call yourself a gamer if you never played Zelda on Super NES.
BATTLE CREEK, MI
Gamer Expert Level 1
This game is a classic. I loved this game when growing up. I used to think it was very challenging, now it seems so simple. I have great memories of playing this game. The storyline was good and it was pretty advanced for it's time. I would recommend.
Bloomington, MN
This is my favorite game and, in my opinion, the best game ever made. I've played it from beginning to end at least three dozen times, which if that's not replay-ability I don't know what is. If nothing else it's the best Zelda game I've played. The story is great, the gameplay is simple to master, and the game is challenging. Every time I've beat the game I get the same sense of accomplishment as I did the first time I beat it 23 years ago. It's something that I've wasted a ton of my life on and have zero regrets about. Give it a try.
Bergenfield, NJ
Ahhhh the good old days! I was a Zelda fan from way back and I think that this was probably the best game in the whole series. Simple to master but tricky to beat; one of the better early RPG offerings in my opinion. I must have replayed it at least a dozen times and would still do it again, if I had access to it!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...