- "When I first started playing his game I had no idea what I was doing, but since I had friends who helped me get started I continued playing afterwards, Ive now been playing for a bit over 2 years and I love and hate this game." in 17 reviews
- "It's actually really fun and not that hard of a game to grasp, though it does take time to familiarize yourself with champions and how to use them to your advantage." in 15 reviews
- "Though since ARAM came out it's all I have been playing, I love playing and learning new champions, and It seems there is less toxic players there." in 12 reviews
- "League has a pretty big learning curve though, so don't think you'll get good overnight; think maybe a year to see a big improvement. " in 12 reviews
- "The community is relatively hostile towards new players trying to learn the many different items, play styles, roles, characters." in 10 reviews
I really like the gameplay style and probably my favorite part about the whole game is the character designs and the lore. They put so much work into creating the universe of their game and I really commend that!!
My problem unfortunately comes in with actually playing the game. This game has one of the most incredibly toxic player bases I've ever experienced. It's pretty much impossible for me to learn to play different roles or different characters in the game because any time I don't play that great people threaten to report me for feeding and say some of the most rude and vulgar things I've ever seen in any video game. It's pretty much at the point now that even though I WANT to play this game because I find it fun and interesting, I won't play it because the community is so hard to deal with. The only way to play this game and have a good time is if you are already in a group of friends and not playing on your own.
Very rarely are there any good free to play online multiplayer games. With games like World of Warcraft which require a monthly subscription, gamers tend to lean towards something that requires no cash at all. There are certain in-game items that could be purchased with real money (skins, champs, boosts, etc.), but League of Legends can be played without spending a single penny.
As I stated before, new content is constantly being added, and that includes new champions to choose from to join the battle. This adds variety, balance, and something new, keeping the game fresh for veterans and newcomers alike.
The MOBA genre involves two teams--each consisting of five players--trying to get to the opposing team's base and destroy it. With intense fighting, there are many different types of champions to play as: melee bruisers, ranged carries, casters, tanks, and many more. While the online matchmaking is flawed, there is always room to make the best of a horrible situation, and come back for an amazing win. The game is always changing, and no two playthroughs are ever alike.
If you want to try something new and unique, League of Legends is the right way to get into the MOBA genre. Played by many and enjoyed by all, League of Legends makes for an intense, action-packed game that can be picked up and played within hours. Overall, League of Legends continues to be an iconic online game, with an ever-growing community and fan-base, as well as evolving gameplay, and making it so that no two games played are alike. The tide of battle can change within seconds, so good luck, and have fun with League of Legends.
I just stopped playing unless I have a group of friends. And I almost only play ARAM or whatever rotating mode is available that weekend.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos