BY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

League of Legends
  • "When I first started playing his game I had no idea what I was doing, but since I had friends who helped me get started I continued playing afterwards, Ive now been playing for a bit over 2 years and I love and hate this game." in 17 reviews
  • "It's actually really fun and not that hard of a game to grasp, though it does take time to familiarize yourself with champions and how to use them to your advantage." in 15 reviews
  • "Though since ARAM came out it's all I have been playing, I love playing and learning new champions, and It seems there is less toxic players there." in 12 reviews
  • "League has a pretty big learning curve though, so don't think you'll get good overnight; think maybe a year to see a big improvement. " in 12 reviews
  • "The community is relatively hostile towards new players trying to learn the many different items, play styles, roles, characters." in 10 reviews
Renee S.
Avella, PA
I’ve been playing this game for years (since the end of season 2). I love how you can play a champion in so many different ways. There’s so many champions to choose from! Their artwork is always beautiful (and sucks me into buying). However I do wish that there was more than just one map. I know there’s aram and a 3v3 map but it would be nice to play regular games on a few more maps. When I first started playing the community was very nice and chill. Nowadays I can’t stand it. As soon as I get into a game I just mute my team because they’re either fighting with each other or just acting stupid. It’s hard to just try to play for fun on the game anymore.
Regine P.
Riverside, CA
I have a love hate for league and it's probably because I suck at it really bad. However I still continue to play it, but only if I'm playing with a group of friends so they won't let me die. There's a lot to learn in this game and I'm still learning a lot of things. As frustrating as it is, it's still pretty fun.
Ashley F.
Alpharetta, GA
As a PC preferred gamer this is on the top of my list. You get to hone in on skills of many different champions each with their own strengths and weaknesses. My main roles are top or adc, but with random select I have master every position. I also love the folklore behind each champion.
Courtney S.
I began playing this game within the last year and I've fallen in love. It's a combination of mechanical skill and intelligence to think out your and your teams next move. Sure you'll run into people who have toxic attitudes, but that's what the reporting and mute features are for. There is no shortage of champions to select from, game modes, roles to play, and even fun skins to outfit your selected champs in. This game is as free, or as expensive as you want it to be.
Amber N.
Fort Bragg, NC
I have played this game probably more than any game I’ve ever tried. It’s super fun and I like the actual game, and all the champions and skins. I do wish the league environment was less toxic towards woman though.
Brittany M.
Indiana, PA
This is my all time favorite game ever!! So addicting. It’s free to play but you know you’ll want to buys skins ;p Since the game has been out so long it can take a while to get into it but so worth it. I’ve met so many awesome people on here! They are some of my best friends! The community isn’t as bad as people joke about.
Jessica D.
Westbrook, ME
I have a really intense love-hate relationship with the game League of Legends.

I really like the gameplay style and probably my favorite part about the whole game is the character designs and the lore. They put so much work into creating the universe of their game and I really commend that!!

My problem unfortunately comes in with actually playing the game. This game has one of the most incredibly toxic player bases I've ever experienced. It's pretty much impossible for me to learn to play different roles or different characters in the game because any time I don't play that great people threaten to report me for feeding and say some of the most rude and vulgar things I've ever seen in any video game. It's pretty much at the point now that even though I WANT to play this game because I find it fun and interesting, I won't play it because the community is so hard to deal with. The only way to play this game and have a good time is if you are already in a group of friends and not playing on your own.
Christine D.
Waipahu, HI
Definitely one of my favorite game! My boyfriend introduced me to this game and I immediately got hooked with it. It's free to play and if you want to be a little extra with your champions (like me :D ) that's the only time you're gonna have to spend money on this game. The goal on this game is simple but you gotta work  hard to destroy the enemy's nexus. It's fun that there's a lot of champions that you can try and that's how you get to know which champion and lane fits you best. The community of this game however is not the best. I've encountered some really rude and mean players, and just flaming and blaming their teammates the entire game but I try not to get affected with it. Toxic people will always be toxic. Good thing there's a mute button in the game. On the brighter side, I met some really cool people on this game as well and we became friends instantly. :) To me, I personally love this game even if there's a lot of changes lately. I still play it until now and I'd still support this game in the future.
Rhyan S.
San Jose, CA
League of Legends is one of the biggest names in the multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) genre. The player teams up and battles in a 5 vs 5 fight in a vast battle arena. Teamwork is key in winning every battle, and making a reputation for yourself. With new content being released nearly every week, it's no wonder League of Legends has become such a phenomenon in the online gaming community. The best part? It's free.

Very rarely are there any good free to play online multiplayer games. With games like World of Warcraft which require a monthly subscription, gamers tend to lean towards something that requires no cash at all. There are certain in-game items that could be purchased with real money (skins, champs, boosts, etc.), but League of Legends can be played without spending a single penny.

As I stated before, new content is constantly being added, and that includes new champions to choose from to join the battle. This adds variety, balance, and something new, keeping the game fresh for veterans and newcomers alike.

The MOBA genre involves two teams--each consisting of five players--trying to get to the opposing team's base and destroy it. With intense fighting, there are many different types of champions to play as: melee bruisers, ranged carries, casters, tanks, and many more. While the online matchmaking is flawed, there is always room to make the best of a horrible situation, and come back for an amazing win. The game is always changing, and no two playthroughs are ever alike.

If you want to try something new and unique, League of Legends is the right way to get into the MOBA genre. Played by many and enjoyed by all, League of Legends makes for an intense, action-packed game that can be picked up and played within hours. Overall, League of Legends continues to be an iconic online game, with an ever-growing community and fan-base, as well as evolving gameplay, and making it so that no two games played are alike. The tide of battle can change within seconds, so good luck, and have fun with League of Legends.
Eliza R.
Gamer Expert Level 1
Great game if you have a full team and turn off /all chat. Otherwise...maybe just mute people from the beginning. I love playing and have made some great friends, don't get me wrong. But I have also been called horrible, terrible things by other players.

I just stopped playing unless I have a group of friends. And I almost only play ARAM or whatever rotating mode is available that weekend.
Stenn C.
Massillon, OH
Who is your favorite champion?
Zachary M.
Somerset, KY
How do you like to play? As support, jungle, etc?
Iris M.
Favorite champion and skin?
Mary Z.
Which game mode is your favorite to play? (Dominion, ARAM, Normal, Ranked, Coop)
Charlotte Z.