Le Creuset 2 Qt Signature Round French Oven - Flame

by Le Creuset

LEC2307: Features: -Dutch oven-Material: Enameled Cast Iron-Round shape-Enhanced handles are 45pct larger, distributes the weight evenly and easier to grip when wearing oven mitts-Phenolic knob is oven safe to 480°F-Improved ergonomic knob, for easier grip, and now resistant up to 480 degrees-Lid traps heat and seals in flavor and moisture-Ideal to use when making soups, rice dishes, casseroles, roasts, quiches, one pot meals, baked recipes, desserts, cakes and breads-Refrigerator and freezer safe-Works well on all heat sources, including induction and oven safe-Dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended-Capacity: 2-Qt. Color/Finish: -Provides even heat distribution and superior heat retention; colorful exterior enamel resists chipping and cracking-Advanced sand-colored interior is durable, makes it easy to monitor food as it cooks to prevent burning or sticking. Dimensions: -Dimensions: 3.25" H x 7.13" W x 7.13" D. Warranty: -Lifetime limited warranty.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Le Creuset 2 Qt Signature Round French Oven - Flame!
Salisbury , MD
My absolute favorite! I have been gifted a few Le Creuset cookware items and I am constantly blown away by their versatility, durability, ease of cleaning, even cooking, and stylish look. This substantial French Oven is my go-to pot through out the week. It’s amazing in that you can go from cook top to oven and into the fridge with leftovers! I have run mine through the dishwasher and it has done well, but I prefer hand washing just in case. I have had it about a year now and even through use multiple times per week it has been totally durable!
Halfmoon
This is by far one of my all time favorite kitchen items! The ONLY downside is making sure not to use metal utensils while cooking with it, however a small purchase of silicone tongs and it's really not an issue. I love that I can brown things on the stovetop and throw it right in the oven to finish. I love the colors they come in and that they are dishwasher safe (although I typically hand wash mine).
DuBois
I actually have the 5.5 qt size in Flame. And what can I really say...? Le Creuset is the champion of dutch ovens! So versatile being able to go from stovetop to oven. I have fried chicken and green beans, made beef stew, marinara sauce, you name it. I love it so much I keep it out on the stove-top as display...the bright orange color looks great with my kitchen decor.
These dutch ovens are perfect - they last a really long time if you take care of them. I would just caution buyers to beware of using metal tools with them as they will scratch. Le Creuset products are expensive, but they should last a lifetime. I cook almost every day, so I felt it was worth the investment.
New York
Absolutely love this item. It felt like a luxury to buy (and it is), but I must say that every time I use it, I think, "This feels so nice to use." It just feels like a pleasure while you cook and I would wholeheartedly recommend it. Every soup, stew, meal I have made using this has turned out fantastic.
Thank you Le Creuset for making such a fantastic kitchen essential. I enjoy using this French oven to cook up my favorite meals, making homemade jam, prepping stews, and making homemade broths which all come out excellent! It’s my number one kitchen item!
Temecula, CA
This is my go to pen for braising and making stews. Well it takes a bit to get used to working with cast-iron, once you get the hang of it, the results are just amazing.
Northern Michigan
This is one of the best gifts I have ever received. I make everything from roasts, to bread, to pasta with garden tomatoes in it. I love it. It can go from the stovetop to the oven, and vice versa, it cleans miraculously well, it cooks even better. Once the pan heats up it is perfection, it does the most amazing thing when you deglaze the pan, it’s just an altogether amazing pan. Love it.
Silver Lake, OH
1,243 reviews
This is a fantastic Dutch oven that will last you for years. Because of its enamel exterior, this Dutch oven is washable, which is wonderful as a standard cast iron pan doesn't do well with water. As much as I would love to give this a 5 star rating, I can't since the retail price of it is so much money considering there are other enamel Dutch ovens on the market for a fraction of the cost. I love mine, but part of why I love it is that I was able to find it used. It's great and all, but I wouldn't spend $300 on it.
Bolingbrook, IL
This is one gorgeous dutch oven. I love it so much. Heavy duty and will likely last forever. Perfect coating. Beautiful color.

Looking for your answer?