10 Movies Added to HBO You Should be Watching RIGHT NOW!
Law & Order: SVU
BY LAW & ORDER: SVU #4 in TV
4.82 / 5 based on 11,176 Reviews
Top Questions See all 61 Q&A
Law & Order: SVU
- "(In my opinion) I watched my first episode about three years ago and I have probably seen every episode and still up to date with the current season." in 52 reviews
- "Something about these kind of shows keep me wondering what is next they have great story lines throughout the series also. " in 45 reviews
- "Law&Order is 1 of my favorite shows, I watch the reruns every day on TNT n USA, but never get tired of them..I love the actors and the crime drama." in 36 reviews
- "Only started watching this show in the last couple of years, but thanks to Netflix, I've seen every episode of all 16 seasons up to date." in 25 reviews
- "There was a period in my life that spanned about 3-5 years where I'd watch nothing but Law and Order SVU on the weekends and the new episodes during the week." in 22 reviews
"Law & Order: SVU" is a procedural with familiar characters, you-can-see-them-coming plot twists, and an emphasis on situation with just enough character development to keep you invested in the relationship dynamics without overshadowing the crime. It's gotten a bit predictable as the seasons go by, but "Law & Order: SVU" is a comfortable fit for a show that you can watch without paying close attention to. The zeitgesty, "ripped from the headlines" stories and tidbits about the law offer some welcome cultural context. Not a challenging show, but it's enjoyable TV for watching during my gym workouts, where it's often playing when I'm there, or while working on repetitive household chores.
Love this show i can just watch it over and over drives my family crazy how i can watch it none stop for hours
Each episode tops the next. After fifteen seasons, it is still enthralling and a thrill to watch Benson and the crew fight crime in NYC. Not as graphic as CSI, and I love that they show crimes from start to finish.
Every Tuesday and Sunday I get really excited, because USA will have a marathon of Law and Order: SVU episodes for me to watch. I started this show when I was in the 8th grade- I would watch with my parents. I was a bit young, but I felt I learned a lot of statistics, survival skills and news stories thanks to this show. Although they always say each episode is not based on a real life event, I love finding the roots of each episode to see the real case behind each story. This show has an amazing cast that is full of chemistry- the only bad thing is that Stabler left! The sibling-chemistry that was between him and Benson was amazing- not many actors can do that! This show is dramatic, funny, action-packed and heart wrenching at the same time. An hour of entertainment for everyone!
This is my favorite show. Olivia Benson has me hooked and coming back for more. I've seen every season.
Such a great show with a outstanding cast! They always have such great story lines. Wonderful writers.
This show is one of my all-time favorites. I really though after Stabler, Much, and the captain left that the show would take a dive, but I think it's managed to uphold its ratings pretty well.
This is such a good show. You can really connect with the characters and the plot takes some turns you might not see coming. I could watch a marathon of this show easily.
This show is so good it keeps my perspective in tact and is always coming out with new episodes
I love watching this show. I watch new episodes and I watch marathons. I find that you can watch the episodes over and over without getting bored.
Q & A
Who else is sad Stabler left the show?
Who's your favorite detective, past or present?
Have you been watching the show since Stabler's departure?
Who is your favorite A.D.A? I personally like Casey Novak the best. I love her sass and smarts.
Does anybody else miss stabler and hate olivia's new partner?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos