BY LAW & ORDER: SVU #5 in TV

• How is this show? Is it scary?8 Answers
  • Who else is sad Stabler left the show?70 Answers
Ashley K.
Clermont, FL
My all-time favorite show. The storyline is vague enough to where you don't have to watch them in order, but detailed enough to where you get invested in the characters.
Kara E.
La Mirada, CA
I have seen all of them, except the ones that are currently airing this year. I own every set for each of the 13 years and I watch them instead of movies.

The cast is outstanding and one believes he or she is living the story with them. They are hot, meaty, with compassion and powerful involvement in the stories they tell and this is very engaging.

Mariska Hargitay is a standout and she and her fellow NYPD brothers/sisters make this show a real grit, "this is what life is that we don't see", show. I don't recommend it for the squeamish because it is SVU - they deal with sensitive social and domestic issues. It is real to life, what happens that people need to know about, and it never gets old. The writers are creative about how the stories evolve and there are only one or two out of the entire series that I found distasteful. I recommend it if you like watching the people who fight crime - real life type of situations and the outcomes that result.
sarah B.
McAlpin, FL
"In the criminal justice system, sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit. These are their stories."

This hard-hitting and emotional companion series from Law & Order franchise chronicles the life and crimes of the elite Special Victims Unit of the New York Police Department.
Special Victims Unit carries the brand name Law & Order, the newer program has established a strong and unique identity. It has proved itself as a hit in its own right. In the 2002-2003 and 2003-2004 seasons, the series broke into the Top 20.
Antonia M.
escanaba, MI
when people tell me they dont watch SVU, i judge them. i havent had cable in a few years, and realized ive missed a lot of newer episodes, so i decided it was time to take advantage that Hulu had every season and binge watch from the beginning. best idea ever! it never gets old, even when youve seen most of them. and the acting is superb honestly. also, after having seen so many other shows now, its fun pointing out all the guest stars that were just starting out, and now star in big hits like shameless and OITNB (literally everyone from those 2 alone)
Vane G.
Hialeah, FL
This drama series sometimes is hard to watch. The storylines
are strong at times, and similar everyday events that you hear happening on
the news. The episodes that involves kids kill me. I used to watch this show late
at night when there was nothing else to watch when I was in high school and my
son was little. It would be so addicting. I love Mariska Hartigay character Det. Olivia Benson,
she plays a big role on the team and with the victims helping them through
their cases. The entire cast does a great job solving the cases and working
together.
Sarah K.
Clinton Twp, MI
Love this show. Have been watching since day one! It always keeps you entertained and wanting more. Recently my husband and i have been going back and re-watching them and have noticed that a lot of big stars now have made guest appearances which is pretty cool. Things have changed over the season, cast have come and gone but I still think its a great show. Even after you have watched it 100 times, we still get into it and its a great background show to have when you have nothing else to watch. I also really like how they have news topics that they talk about in the show as well. It has different takes on it and it shows the sides to the stories that you mat not have thought of.
Sydney H.
Kansas City, MO
This is another show I watch anytime it's on tv. I feel that it has initiated conversations in households that was probably a subject that would have been avoided otherwise. Mariska Hartigay is such an amazing actress and really expresses her passion on helping other not just on the show, but in her real life too. Some of the episodes are tough to watch, but usually it has a happy ending. I don't even know what season they are on now, but this is a great binge worthy show.
Rose T.
Minneapolis, MN
I don't like many TV shows, but this Law and Order: SVU is one of my faves. The characters all have depth and are extremely developed; combine this with the talent of the actors and you have some incredibly lovable and relatable characters on your hands. I also love how the show addressed sexual assault and domestic violence, especially in newer episodes dealing with legal changes, politics, and sexual violence faced by members of the LGBTQ+ community. It's actually quite a political show that tackles some tricky and important topics in our society today, and it does so in an engaging and entertaining way.
Amanda R.
I have been watching this show since episode 1. Benson and Stabler got me through many tough situations, and made me wish that all law enforcement was as good at dealing with victims as they were. Detective Munch and his dry sense of humor are endearing. I really enjoy how they twist things from the headlines to make it totally surprising every week. I would recommend this show to people who enjoy watching justice.
Ashley L.
 I am actually watching it right now as we speak I really do like how every time is a different thing it's very suspenseful and a lot of stuff the real cops actually have to deal with but I love detective  benson and Stabler and  actually like all of the characters  and if it was anybody else  I probably would not be interested in watching as much as I am now
Virginia M.
Who else is sad Stabler left the show?
Erica W.
Middletown, NY
Who's your favorite detective, past or present?
Helene H.
Have you been watching the show since Stabler's departure?
Kayla R.
krystal m.
Westmont, IL
Does anybody else miss stabler and hate olivia's new partner?