Add a Photo

Photos (23)
Leah C.
Leah C.
W Burlington, IA

Come on... Law and Order... This is a classic! Who doesn't like Law and Order? lol .... Well The SVU particularly I watch regularly. I think some people may find it too disturbing but it represents real things that go on in the world and the pursuit and struggle of helping the victims and trying to obtain justice in a world full of injustice. Though so heartbreaking at times gives you hope that there are real heros out there in our real world fighting for those who need to be fought for!
Jandi W.
Jandi W.
Oskaloosa, IA

I will NEVER not watch this show. SVU is a staple show in my household. I have watched every episode at least once, and all of them in order from the 1st season to the most current season. I even have a dog named Benson, after Olivia Benson. This show provides a family bonding aspect for my family. We have had so many great adult conversations about topics that are brought to attention in the series. I can't help but LOVE this show and I will continue watching until they cancel the show.
Zoe F.
Zoe F.
Royal Oak, MI

There was a time in my life where I had seen EVERY episode of Law & Order SVU and never missed a new one when they came on. After Chris Meloni (Elliot Stabler) departed from the show, I find that it just isn't as good anymore. I do love that they mimic everyday life and events that have actually happened, and the peak this show gives into the justice system is actually pretty accurate, but I find that since Meloni left, the acting isn't as good, and the cast doesn't seem as committed.
Lauren B.
Lauren B.
North Adams, MA

Special Victims Unit has been a favorite of mine since the beginning. When Chris Meloni left, I was fearful it would go downhill, but it has stayed true to its original message. This show is totally not appropriate for children or those easily triggered, as it shows the lives of "sex crimes" detectives. I am a huge Mariska Hartigay fan. I love that she has taken her character and brought her to life with the Joyful Heart Foundation and her consistent outreach to sexual abuse victims.
paullette h.
paullette h.

I have been watching this show since it debuted on the original Law and Order. The writing has gotten more convaluted and sensationalized where it started off as a legitamite cop drama to now a over the top guilty pleasure. I love Marishka Hargitay and her character has developed into a great kick but broad but the rotating cast and unnecessary plot twists are giving this once well written drama into a cop soap opera. I'll continue to watch but I feel this series is on its last legs.
Nathalie C.
Nathalie C.
Brooklyn, NY

I gave this show 4 stars because I used to love the show seasons 1-12. I didn't like the direction the show was going after Elliot left, but I was still watching it but then when Olivia became capitan. I lost all interest in the show. It seems like Olivia has way to much on her plate. When capitan cragan was capitan he wasn't that much involve with the victims as Olivia is. That's the whole point of being a capitan you delegate. I still love the show tho. I only re watch season 1-12
Kristen K.
Kristen K.
Glen Rock, NJ

One of my FAVORITE shows of ALL time. I am so addicted. I have seen every single episode on multiple occasions and always watch the marathons on TV. The acting is amazing. I am addicted to many crime shows but this one is by far my favorite. It has taught me so much about the Criminal Justice system and has even taught me to be more aware of my surroundings. I love SVU! I have tried watching the other Law & Orders and I do not care for them much, SVU is much more entertaining!
Christine N.
Christine N.
Andover , NJ

A classic until the end of time! SVU is the best series of the bunch. The best cast, best stories, best everything. I'm going to be very depressed the day they stop airing on TV... thank God for internet. This show is the truth 1000%! I don't know anyone who doesn't enjoy this show any time they watch, nor have I met anyone who hasn't heard of this show, because it is that genius. I could watch for days! It's a must to have this on your list of shows! Hop on board if it's not!
Julia B.
Julia B.

Really great show. It is the longest-running Law & Order series, and one of the longest-running current shows on TV. Fantastic writers keep up with current events and use real life events to inspire episodes. The actors are great, and you come to love the main characters. With Law & Order: SVU being about the NYPD detectives' and legal system's dealings with sexually based offenses, it really brings awareness and attention to similar issues and cases that happen in real life.
Rachel T.
Rachel T.
Reading, PA

I've been a huge fan of Law & Order SVU since the show started! My favorite character is of course Detective Olivia Benson and I'm pleased that Mariska is still on the show and that they're making new seasons. I am behind by at least one season, but I often watch the marathons they play on the USA channel and Netflix. This is a great show for people who are into solving crimes, but it's not for anyone with a weak stomach. It can often be upsetting depending on the storyline.
Virginia M.
Virginia M.

Who else is sad Stabler left the show?
Erica W.
Erica W.
Middletown, NY

Who's your favorite detective, past or present?
Helene H.
Helene H.

Have you been watching the show since Stabler's departure?
Kayla R.
Kayla R.

krystal m.
krystal m.
Westmont, IL

Does anybody else miss stabler and hate olivia's new partner?

Join Now