Add a Photo

#3 in TV
Photos (23)
paullette h.
paullette h.
I have been watching this show since it debuted on the original Law and Order. The writing has gotten more convaluted and sensationalized where it started off as a legitamite cop drama to now a over the top guilty pleasure. I love Marishka Hargitay and her character has developed into a great kick but broad but the rotating cast and unnecessary plot twists are giving this once well written drama into a cop soap opera. I'll continue to watch but I feel this series is on its last legs.
Nathalie C.
Nathalie C.
Brooklyn, NY
I gave this show 4 stars because I used to love the show seasons 1-12. I didn't like the direction the show was going after Elliot left, but I was still watching it but then when Olivia became capitan. I lost all interest in the show. It seems like Olivia has way to much on her plate. When capitan cragan was capitan he wasn't that much involve with the victims as Olivia is. That's the whole point of being a capitan you delegate. I still love the show tho. I only re watch season 1-12
Christine N.
Christine N.
Andover, NJ
A classic until the end of time! SVU is the best series of the bunch. The best cast, best stories, best everything. I'm going to be very depressed the day they stop airing on TV... thank God for internet. This show is the truth 1000%! I don't know anyone who doesn't enjoy this show any time they watch, nor have I met anyone who hasn't heard of this show, because it is that genius. I could watch for days! It's a must to have this on your list of shows! Hop on board if it's not!
Julia B.
Julia B.
Really great show. It is the longest-running Law & Order series, and one of the longest-running current shows on TV. Fantastic writers keep up with current events and use real life events to inspire episodes. The actors are great, and you come to love the main characters. With Law & Order: SVU being about the NYPD detectives' and legal system's dealings with sexually based offenses, it really brings awareness and attention to similar issues and cases that happen in real life.
Rachel T.
Rachel T.
Reading, PA
I've been a huge fan of Law & Order SVU since the show started! My favorite character is of course Detective Olivia Benson and I'm pleased that Mariska is still on the show and that they're making new seasons. I am behind by at least one season, but I often watch the marathons they play on the USA channel and Netflix. This is a great show for people who are into solving crimes, but it's not for anyone with a weak stomach. It can often be upsetting depending on the storyline.
Aimee W.
Aimee W.
Pop Culture Expert
Wow, I am like so in love with this show. I can say for 17 long season every show is still as great as the first. It is crazy how real these crimes are and makes you more aware. I have actually used some of the cases for from this show when I was in collage for ideas on projects like designing my won crime scenes for other classmates to try and solve. Liv is one of my favorite detectives and I am thrilled she has been on since the begining. I hope they keep this show going.
Deborah C.
Deborah C.
Danville, IL
This is my go-to show for each day. I am always spending what time I have available as a mother. I love to watch the actors live out their lives on screen. It reminds me that everyone has troubles and good times in their lives. I just have to watch it every day. You should watch it too. You will enjoy the special insight into what it takes to be a special victim detective. I know that I would never be able to do it, because it takes a special kind of person to do this job.
Eskarlet D.
Eskarlet D.
Jacksonville, FL
Been watching since season one , I believe they are in season 16 now. The show puts the detectives in such berating and heart breaking situations that you can not help but fall in love with all of them . The cast has changed for the most part with the exception of a few characters most notably sergeant benson who started as a newbie detective . Cast still win me over , even though the original cast will always have my heart . Good show if your passionate for women's rights
Alex R.
Alex R.
Los Angeles, CA
There's a reason Law & Order is one of the longest running shows in television... and a major reason keeping the longtime franchise alive is SVU. Much more character development than the traditional Law & Order series, and not as obscure as Law & Order: Criminal Intent. Stories are often directly based on current headlines and less time is spent on courtroom procedure and instead on the more dramatic police work. Solid acting, solid writing, and a solid series all around.
Marissa D.
Marissa D.
Who doesn't love a good mystery. I mean I can always predict who does what. So it's not like it's over the top, "OMG IT WAS HIM." Kind of reaction.. But, it does put you in a court room and I love shows like that. I'm currently watching How To Get Away With Murder, and that show is awesome! About a whole bunch of pre law students basically on a killing spree for their professor and they all have each others backs. Even if they want to turn on each other and have secrets..
Virginia M.
Virginia M.
Who else is sad Stabler left the show?
Erica W.
Erica W.
Middletown, NY
Who's your favorite detective, past or present?
Helene H.
Helene H.
Have you been watching the show since Stabler's departure?
Kayla R.
Kayla R.
krystal m.
krystal m.
Westmont, IL
Does anybody else miss stabler and hate olivia's new partner?