BY LAW & ORDER: SVU #3 in TV

• How is this show? Is it scary?6 Answers
  • Is anyone else super upset that Benson and Stabler never got together?9 Answers
  • Does anybody else miss stabler and hate olivia's new partner?30 Answers
Caitlyn B.
Caitlyn B.
Dublin, GA
Pop Culture Expert
This is one of my favorite crime shows on tv, though recently I haven't been so impressed with the political propaganda littering the newest seasons. Plus, without Elliot or Amaro, the show isn't quite as interesting. Olivia is now the captain, and therefore not really involved with the crime investigations. All the things I loved about the show have changed, so I don't watch any of the newer episodes.

I do quite enjoy watching older seasons of the show on Hulu and when they rerun them on USA network.
Shannon B.
Shannon B.
The show always has you on the edge of your seat. I personally like watching it to try and figure out who the killer is before they find out. The acting is amazing and the actors are amazing as well. I however do not like that they left Christopher Meloni go as him playing Stabler and his partnership with Olivia made the show what made me fall in love with it. I would definitely recommend it to those that like crime shows; but not those that can get a little upset by certain scenes (rape suggestive).
Stephanie W.
Stephanie W.
Chipley, FL
The longest running series speaks for itself. The show is always fresh and mimics events and stories covered by national news except with a saddle twist. The series creates shows based on actual events but adds their own angles and twists so they are the same as the national stories but different at the same time. The character's are original and the actors are fantastic. I love that the shows are focused on the specific case of the hour and not deeply covering the personal lives of the characters.
Ny B.
Ny B.
As a long-running network television drama series, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit has consistently delivered riveting plot themes, compelling story lines, and characters that always manage to draw me in.

Now on Season 18, I would tell anyone, "It's not too late to start watching!" L&O: SVU's iconic style of "snatched-from-the-headlines" screenwriting gives the show an on-going freshness, edge, and relevance.

I can't wait to see what they deliver this season!

~nynynef
photo cred: eonline.com
Carisa P.
Carisa P.
Arlington, TX
I started watching this program about 13 years ago. I had a surgical complication that has followed me and I spend many months at a time in the hospital, I would love watching the SVU marathons! Now I am all caught up (Thanks to Hulu) and watched any episodes I missed, plus some that I'd already seen. I am so excited for the fall premiere in the next week to see what they come up with next. The team is incredible together and there's always something interesting happening. I'm a huge fan!
Mary E.
Mary E.
Corning, OH
I love love love this awesome show.! I watch every episode n season of criminal intent as well as the SUV collection..they r just great mystery, who submit shows, and always keep me guessing. Plus I just love watching criminal law shows, always have ..I go way back to the Perry Mason, Matlock, and Beretta, those types of shows..but the law n order series is my favorite Ever. .! Always something new, entertaining, just enough drama and a great cast of characters n guest star appearances..!
Jandi W.
Jandi W.
Oskaloosa, IA
I will NEVER not watch this show. SVU is a staple show in my household. I have watched every episode at least once, and all of them in order from the 1st season to the most current season. I even have a dog named Benson, after Olivia Benson. This show provides a family bonding aspect for my family. We have had so many great adult conversations about topics that are brought to attention in the series. I can't help but LOVE this show and I will continue watching until they cancel the show.
Leah C.
Leah C.
W Burlington, IA
Pop Culture Expert
Come on... Law and Order... This is a classic! Who doesn't like Law and Order? lol .... Well The SVU particularly I watch regularly. I think some people may find it too disturbing but it represents real things that go on in the world and the pursuit and struggle of helping the victims and trying to obtain justice in a world full of injustice. Though so heartbreaking at times gives you hope that there are real heros out there in our real world fighting for those who need to be fought for!
Zoe F.
Zoe F.
Royal Oak, MI
There was a time in my life where I had seen EVERY episode of Law & Order SVU and never missed a new one when they came on. After Chris Meloni (Elliot Stabler) departed from the show, I find that it just isn't as good anymore. I do love that they mimic everyday life and events that have actually happened, and the peak this show gives into the justice system is actually pretty accurate, but I find that since Meloni left, the acting isn't as good, and the cast doesn't seem as committed.
Lauren B.
Lauren B.
North Adams, MA
Pop Culture Expert
Special Victims Unit has been a favorite of mine since the beginning. When Chris Meloni left, I was fearful it would go downhill, but it has stayed true to its original message. This show is totally not appropriate for children or those easily triggered, as it shows the lives of "sex crimes" detectives. I am a huge Mariska Hartigay fan. I love that she has taken her character and brought her to life with the Joyful Heart Foundation and her consistent outreach to sexual abuse victims.
Virginia M.
Virginia M.
Who else is sad Stabler left the show?
Erica W.
Erica W.
Middletown, NY
Who's your favorite detective, past or present?
Helene H.
Helene H.
Have you been watching the show since Stabler's departure?
Kayla R.
Kayla R.
krystal m.
krystal m.
Westmont, IL
Does anybody else miss stabler and hate olivia's new partner?