Add a Photo

Photos (23)
Cheryl M.
Cheryl M.
Scarborough, Ontario

I have been watching SVU for God only knows how many years. It's the same formulaic crime, drama show that has been done time and time again. Why do I love it so much? You fall in love with the characters, especially Olivia. I love that she's a bad ass, independent woman who takes her job very seriously. They sometimes pull storylines right from real headlines, but change a few details in order for them not to get sued. It's become a bit tired, but I'll still watch it because I want to see what happens to the characters.
Ana M.
Ana M.

This is my probably my favorite show of all time, other than Friends. This isn't a very light-hearted show like Friends, so grab some dinner and a glass of wine and truly enjoy this show! It's amazing to see a show go on for 18 seasons and still be as amazing as this show is. Law & Order: SVU goes into the lives of Special Victims, which can range anywhere from those who are raped to young kids kidnapped. This show also captures the relationship between detectives and victims, as well as detective with his/her team.
Paula C.
Paula C.
Lincoln, NE

This is a show that you can be as invested in as you want to be. While there are a few minor overarching plots, this series is very episodic. Some episodes are extremely well-written with great acting, while others seem very filler. It is hard to keep a show going for longer than 3-5 seasons with consistent, enjoyable episodes, but SVU has been on for 17 seasons now. I do wish that some of the episodes didn't rehash issues that have already played out in earlier seasons though. Overall, an enjoyable series to watch.
Rawan H.
Rawan H.
Dearborn, MI

Hands down my favorite crime show. I grew up listening to Law & Order: SVU thanks to my grandfather, father, and uncle who were/are public safety officers. As I grew older and started to understand the issues in the show more I learned to appreciate the positive messages that the show often portrayed. Also, compared to other crime shows Law & Order: SVU has the most detailed plot lines for each show. I not only commend the actors for their amazing work, but also the writers and producers for such great content.
Ashley R.
Ashley R.
Portland, OR

FAVORITE SHOW!!!! I started this at season 12 on Netflix. Breezed through that up to the most recent season available on there, watched the most recent season on tv, and now have a subscription on HULU just to watch from the beginning. I love the story lines between the leading roles, and the story of every episode. It keeps my attention, which can be hard to do. An easy to binge watch show. They give the characters such realistic lives outside of their career that you end up feeling somewhat attached to them.
Elle T.
Elle T.

BEST SHOW EVER!!!!! The best of the best for me! Love the characters especially Benson. And their storyline is very interesting. And they do keep up with the trends and talk of today. (Was sad to see Amaro go though. ) I also like on how they sometimes do a crossover with the Chicago PD , Fire and Med.
This is my go-to rerun show when I'm bored or sad or whenever I just feel like watching something. I can never get tired of watching Law and Order : SVU.
I hope they keep on continuing the show!
Kudos to Wolf !
Marissa G.
Marissa G.
Scotland

This is my all time favorite TV show!!!!!
I absolutely love Mariska Hargitay who plays Olivia Benson. She is such an incredible actor and has been doing the show for almost 17 years! I'm super excited that the show has been renewed for season 18 and I can't wait for it to return. I watch it every week and never get bored of it, I am invested with every single episode. Recommend this show to anyone and everyone regardless of their interests, fabulous cast and crew! Thank you Wolf for such a brilliant show!
Lu H.
Lu H.
Murfreesboro, TN

One of my absolute favorite shows! Amazing that it's been on this long and is able to have a gripping story line with each episode. I can watch this show for hours on end over and over. Each character feels like part of the family and when we lose a character I literally cry. Even with the loss of some of the main characters the show has been able to thrive and keep me continuing to watch. There so many shows out that have police or investigation themes and this is the only one that my entire family loves.
Sabina C.
Sabina C.

THIS HAS BEEN MY FAVOURITE SHOW SINCE I WAS IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL!!! I cannot stop watching it!! The cases are taken from many real life cases that are current and in the media and the characters are all highly loveable and engaging! Detective Olivia Benson played by the stunning Mariska Hargitay has been my idol since I was a kid. The relationships between all the characters and seeing their struggles makes me feel like I've grown with them. I would probably have a mental breakdown if this show ever ended.
Alison Q.
Alison Q.
N Chesterfld, VA

SVU is another one of my favorite tv shows, I love cop & thrill shows & this has that and more. Very suspenseful, once you get hooked you will not want to stop. I have watched reruns multiple times & still can't get tired of the same episode. its like no matter how many times you watch it you still get a sense of thrill like you've never seen it before. #1 TV SHOW ON MY LIST. if you haven't watched it i recommend you get yourself a netflix and start from episode one because you don't want to miss anything
Virginia M.
Virginia M.

Who else is sad Stabler left the show?
Erica W.
Erica W.
Middletown, NY

Who's your favorite detective, past or present?
Helene H.
Helene H.

Have you been watching the show since Stabler's departure?
Kayla R.
Kayla R.

krystal m.
krystal m.
Westmont, IL

Does anybody else miss stabler and hate olivia's new partner?

Join Now