Add a Photo

Photos (23)
DIANA C.
DIANA C.
Nottingham, MD

This show is sad and dark but compelling. The acting is superb and Mariska Hargetay doesn't disappoint. The stories have such a dark plots but they get the perpetrator in the end. There is a beginning, a middle, and an end to the stories. I appreciate the fact that they don't leave you hanging for weeks or leave a killer on the loose. Some of the stories are so sad but you keep watching. In the end the fact that the killer is found puts your mind at reat. I think people leave a little less innocent but may become more cautious as a result.
Caitlyn C.
Caitlyn C.
Frederick, MD

Basically this show can do no wrong. I believe it just started its 18th consecutive season on tV - that's crazy!! The core cast has more or less stayed the same throughout the show's run, while less essential cast members are phased in and out. The always changing cast allows for a freshness to stay with the show. They also frequently pull the plots from real life cases that stormed the media. Trust me, if you watch this show you will fall in love with Detective Olivia Benson and learn way more than you ever dreamed about police procedure.
Mackenzie B.
Mackenzie B.
Richmond, VA

Okay, we all wondered if there was life after Elliot Stabler and I can definitely say that Olivia Benson has it under control! The new cast took some getting used to, but now it feels as though we've known these characters for years. The most important development of all is Olivia's progress moving up through the ranks, leading her squad, and raising her son, Noah. She is a true advocate, both on the show and in real life via the Joyful Heart Foundation. I have not missed an episode of this show! Start it today - you won't regret it.
Aimee S.
Aimee S.

I love Law and Order SVU but I find myself only watching it at night when I cannot sleep and there are tons of reruns on. They have good actors and good acting but it is kind of repetitive. I basically keep it on for the background noise but I do like the show. I liked it a lot better when it first came out, but now I am more into NCIS, so I find that NCIS is a better alternative to this show. Law and Order SVU is definitely good to watch in the middle of the night because they play them one after another all night long usually.
Melissa B.
Melissa B.
Macomb, Mi

Exsiting makes you feel like your there part of it it doesn't look like it's fake when Alivia saves the little boy then takes him under her wing thinking the mom will get better then to much time go's by so she desides to Adoubt then they bring the mom back and she starts making friction now were not sure if Alivia can keep the little boy so sad it happens like that to often in the world someone come in to do good by the kid but rather let the kid be safe they put them back with the one that is abusing them so realallity
Paula C.
Paula C.
Lincoln, NE

This is a show that you can be as invested in as you want to be. While there are a few minor overarching plots, this series is very episodic. Some episodes are extremely well-written with great acting, while others seem very filler. It is hard to keep a show going for longer than 3-5 seasons with consistent, enjoyable episodes, but SVU has been on for 17 seasons now. I do wish that some of the episodes didn't rehash issues that have already played out in earlier seasons though. Overall, an enjoyable series to watch.
Ana M.
Ana M.

This is my probably my favorite show of all time, other than Friends. This isn't a very light-hearted show like Friends, so grab some dinner and a glass of wine and truly enjoy this show! It's amazing to see a show go on for 18 seasons and still be as amazing as this show is. Law & Order: SVU goes into the lives of Special Victims, which can range anywhere from those who are raped to young kids kidnapped. This show also captures the relationship between detectives and victims, as well as detective with his/her team.
Rawan H.
Rawan H.
Dearborn, MI

Hands down my favorite crime show. I grew up listening to Law & Order: SVU thanks to my grandfather, father, and uncle who were/are public safety officers. As I grew older and started to understand the issues in the show more I learned to appreciate the positive messages that the show often portrayed. Also, compared to other crime shows Law & Order: SVU has the most detailed plot lines for each show. I not only commend the actors for their amazing work, but also the writers and producers for such great content.
Ashley R.
Ashley R.
Portland, OR

FAVORITE SHOW!!!! I started this at season 12 on Netflix. Breezed through that up to the most recent season available on there, watched the most recent season on tv, and now have a subscription on HULU just to watch from the beginning. I love the story lines between the leading roles, and the story of every episode. It keeps my attention, which can be hard to do. An easy to binge watch show. They give the characters such realistic lives outside of their career that you end up feeling somewhat attached to them.
Elle T.
Elle T.

BEST SHOW EVER!!!!! The best of the best for me! Love the characters especially Benson. And their storyline is very interesting. And they do keep up with the trends and talk of today. (Was sad to see Amaro go though. ) I also like on how they sometimes do a crossover with the Chicago PD , Fire and Med.
This is my go-to rerun show when I'm bored or sad or whenever I just feel like watching something. I can never get tired of watching Law and Order : SVU.
I hope they keep on continuing the show!
Kudos to Wolf !
Virginia M.
Virginia M.

Who else is sad Stabler left the show?
Erica W.
Erica W.
Middletown, NY

Who's your favorite detective, past or present?
Helene H.
Helene H.

Have you been watching the show since Stabler's departure?
Kayla R.
Kayla R.

krystal m.
krystal m.
Westmont, IL

Does anybody else miss stabler and hate olivia's new partner?

Join Now