• How is this show? Is it scary?8 Answers
  • Who else is sad Stabler left the show?70 Answers
Heather G.
Galax, VA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Law and order svu is one the best TV show I have ever watched. It is suspenseful you never know what the detective and victims will get into to. I have watched about every episodes a bunch of times they never get old or boring.
Mariah S.
Terre Haute, IN
Im not a big fan of the other Law and Orders, but I love Law and Order: SVU. Ive watched every episode in the first 17 seasons and love the characters. My favorites are Elliot Stabler (Who has left the show) and Olivia Benson, these two made a perfect partnership. Its really hard to turn away from this show because each show is different while still carrying the story line of the main characters throughout it and sheds light on some super controversial topics and issues that are important in the real world. If you've never watched this show its mainly about Special Victims (hence SVu) , these crimes range from homicide, sexual assault, and abuse. As much as we dont like to think about these things happening in the real world, they do, and I think this show helps shed light on how to help and treat victims and showing victims that they are not alone and can stand up to their abusers and get the justice they deserve and have their voice heard and give them their power back that some feel they lose when abused. This show also shows that woman and children arent only victims, that men can be too and that the crimes can happen to people weather they are gay, bi, or straight. I just personally think this show does an amazing job shedding light on topics that most are ashamed to speak out on or that some people still dont understand the severity of or what constitutes as a crime. I would recommend this show to anyone and cant wait to watch season 18!
Vivian S.
Harlingen, TX
Me gusta, muestra esa parte de la ley que se involucra con los casos mas dificiles y que se vuelve en ocasion vulnerable, que es empatico con las victimas y expone casos muy reales de la perversa mente humana y sus parafilias.
Megan G.
Tiltonsville, OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I love this show! I used to watch it all the time and I would continue watching it now, if I had the time. I love any detective show. It has very good actors with good storylines. I really suggest watching this show.
Amanda H.
Out of all the law and order shows, SVU is my favorite. It has me hooked from the time the episodes starts to finish. The plots are great and original. Always look forward to this show.
Kelly S.
Sacramento, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I think I've seen every episode of this I used to watch this on a daily basis every episode leaves you wondering it's thrilling there's Mysteries and crimes to be solved and people it's serious
Kara E.
La Mirada , CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I have seen all of them, except the ones that are currently airing this year. I own every set for each of the 13 years and I watch them instead of movies.

The cast is outstanding and one believes he or she is living the story with them. They are hot, meaty, with compassion and powerful involvement in the stories they tell and this is very engaging.

Mariska Hargitay is a standout and she and her fellow NYPD brothers/sisters make this show a real grit, "this is what life is that we don't see", show. I don't recommend it for the squeamish because it is SVU - they deal with sensitive social and domestic issues. It is real to life, what happens that people need to know about, and it never gets old. The writers are creative about how the stories evolve and there are only one or two out of the entire series that I found distasteful. I recommend it if you like watching the people who fight crime - real life type of situations and the outcomes that result.
Tori R.
Shelbyville, IN
Best show out there!! Such a classic! I can’t recall one episode that was at all boring! Such a powerful show with a strong message for everyone. It’s like they pick the actors based on serious training. Every actor is a powerhouse and delivers such a great show each episode!
sarah B.
McAlpin, FL
"In the criminal justice system, sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit. These are their stories."

This hard-hitting and emotional companion series from Law & Order franchise chronicles the life and crimes of the elite Special Victims Unit of the New York Police Department.
Special Victims Unit carries the brand name Law & Order, the newer program has established a strong and unique identity. It has proved itself as a hit in its own right. In the 2002-2003 and 2003-2004 seasons, the series broke into the Top 20.
Allie G.
Louisville, KY
I have seriously been watching this show since I was in middle or high school. I LOVE this show! Definitely watch the older episodes, so you can figure out who Stabler is and the relationship Benson and Stabler had. While it's still one of my favorite shows, the last season or two aren't as good as they use to be. I'd say its about time for the show to give up, but is still one of my all-time favorites. You'll see a lot of guest appearances and a lot of the characters show up as new characters later on. It's really entertaining and a great crime show. If you're not familiar with Domestic Violence or rape, it will really open your eyes and teach you the truth!
Virginia M.
Who else is sad Stabler left the show?
Erica W.
Middletown, NY
Who's your favorite detective, past or present?
Helene H.
Have you been watching the show since Stabler's departure?
Kayla R.
krystal m.
Westmont, IL
Does anybody else miss stabler and hate olivia's new partner?