Add a Photo

Ashley C.
Ashley C.
Timonium, MD
Pop Culture Expert
I'm addicted to SVU! More so the older seasons which still feature 'Elliott Stabler' played by Christopher Meloni.

Some episodes are sad, others are packed with anxiety and 9 out of ten times the Manhattan SVU squad always saves the day. I find most of the stories interesting but if you get unsettled by theses types of crimes I don't recommend this show for you.

The newer seasons are alright but I think it lost a little something with newer cast and also I don't like focusing so much on 'Olivia Benson's' life but other than that it's still a pretty good show.
Samantha M.
Samantha M.
Arcadia, CA
Sept. 22, 2016, 11:18 p.m.
Review for: Law & Order: SVU
Law and Order: SVU is an amazing show with amazing leads! I absolutely love Benson and Stabler even if Stabler isn't there anymore. I think law and order is one of the best crime series on television. I used to stay up just to watch it at night and recently I binged watched it when some channel had an SVU marathon. It's in its 18th season and even though I haven't watched it in its entirety and don't necessarily keep up to date with it, I'm always engrossed in the episodes I watch and I recommend SVU to people when I talk about some of my favorite shows.
eli a.
eli a.
Law and Order: Special Victims Unit is one of the best . series out there. This show keeps you wanting more. Every episode is new, intense, and exciting. I could watch Law and Order: SVU all day and not get bored of it. The actors and actresses are really good at their job. They make every episode so real it can be scary sometimes. It gives you a sense of what actually happens in the real world. Also the story line of the show is a good one. If you have not seen any of the episodes, I would recommend you start watching now. You will not be disappointed.
Pace D.
Pace D.
Van Nuys, CA
This show along with criminal minds special behavior analysis are my favorite shows !
Even tho they say they are not based on true stories it does open your eyes to realities ! You never know when this things could happen to you or if they happe to people closed to you.
I love this show! Specially Olivia Benson! <3 she just shows how strong a women can be and how hard she can work to accomplish her goals and how nothing can stop her! Her story on the show is just so inspiring ! I do believe someone out there has gone through what Olivia benson did !
Andrea N.
Andrea N.
Louisville, KY
Amazing show! Has been in the air for a very long time and it never gets dull or repetitive! It is fiction but the events are all things that happen daily in our world. It is suspense, emotional, romantic, touching, nerve racking, funny and relatable all at the same time it is a all around great show! I watch marathons when the season isn't new on air and I keep track of when the new season is to start when it has started I never miss a episode and I watch it every day even if it is a episode Ive seen ten times! A amazing show that never gets old!
Jennifer W.
Jennifer W.
Athens, AL
This show seriously is just as great as it was 17 years ago, maybe even better. I thought after Christopher Meloni (Detective Stabler) left that I would never watch the show again, and that it would go down the drain. Nope. I never stopped watching it and am still just as hooked today as I ever was. The actors are all amazing, Mariska Hargitay being my absolute favorite now that Chris is gone. I 1000% recommend this show. Each episode draws you in and is always something new and relevant. I haven't missed an episode in years. Keep em coming!
Caitlyn C.
Caitlyn C.
Frederick, MD
Sept. 24, 2016, 12:19 p.m.
Review for: Law & Order: SVU
Basically this show can do no wrong. I believe it just started its 18th consecutive season on tV - that's crazy!! The core cast has more or less stayed the same throughout the show's run, while less essential cast members are phased in and out. The always changing cast allows for a freshness to stay with the show. They also frequently pull the plots from real life cases that stormed the media. Trust me, if you watch this show you will fall in love with Detective Olivia Benson and learn way more than you ever dreamed about police procedure.
DIANA C.
DIANA C.
Nottingham, MD
This show is sad and dark but compelling. The acting is superb and Mariska Hargetay doesn't disappoint. The stories have such a dark plots but they get the perpetrator in the end. There is a beginning, a middle, and an end to the stories. I appreciate the fact that they don't leave you hanging for weeks or leave a killer on the loose. Some of the stories are so sad but you keep watching. In the end the fact that the killer is found puts your mind at reat. I think people leave a little less innocent but may become more cautious as a result.
Mackenzie B.
Mackenzie B.
Richmond, VA
Okay, we all wondered if there was life after Elliot Stabler and I can definitely say that Olivia Benson has it under control! The new cast took some getting used to, but now it feels as though we've known these characters for years. The most important development of all is Olivia's progress moving up through the ranks, leading her squad, and raising her son, Noah. She is a true advocate, both on the show and in real life via the Joyful Heart Foundation. I have not missed an episode of this show! Start it today - you won't regret it.
Aimee S.
Aimee S.
I love Law and Order SVU but I find myself only watching it at night when I cannot sleep and there are tons of reruns on. They have good actors and good acting but it is kind of repetitive. I basically keep it on for the background noise but I do like the show. I liked it a lot better when it first came out, but now I am more into NCIS, so I find that NCIS is a better alternative to this show. Law and Order SVU is definitely good to watch in the middle of the night because they play them one after another all night long usually.
Virginia M.
Virginia M.
Who else is sad Stabler left the show?
Erica W.
Erica W.
Middletown, NY
Who's your favorite detective, past or present?
Helene H.
Helene H.
Have you been watching the show since Stabler's departure?
Kayla R.
Kayla R.
krystal m.
krystal m.
Westmont, IL
Does anybody else miss stabler and hate olivia's new partner?