BY LAW & ORDER: SVU #8 in TV

• How is this show? Is it scary?8 Answers
  • Who else is sad Stabler left the show?70 Answers
Jennifer B.
Plano, TX
I love this show--I have a bit of an obsession with crime dramas. Out of all of the crime dramas I watch, this is one of my favorites, for sure. I'm not sure why I like this show so much--my husband is creeped out by the "child molesters and rapists", but maybe I like it because people are fighting for the victims on this show.

I'm so glad that Olivia has stayed on the show, but I do miss Stabler a lot. I've had a hard time getting used to the new characters, though I think they're okay now.

I hope this show stays on the air for a long time.
wynne t.
I wasn't able to watch the show when the pilot aired but I always watch or catch up on the current ones and I love the show. The storylines are all very similar in that its usually about some kind of assault story but they way the characters develop and the drama and action and hard work put into the show is what makes it hard to stop watching. I love all of the characters too so that is a plus.
Abby H.
Marion, IN
Awesome show. A little humor (just like with the detectives since they spend so much time together) and a whole lot of crime and butt-kicking (figuratively--and Elliot's temper does get out of hand sometimes I suppose...). But it's such a great show--there's a reason it's been on for so long! You get pulled into the characters and soon enough, you've watched ten episodes without even realizing!
Haley R.
Good ol' Hulu has every episode of this series if you're looking for a new addiction. You might wonder if the show ever gets old with that many episodes, but it truly doesn't. No two cases, or episodes, are the same and you feel so involved your practically on the squad. All the characters seem like real, everyday people. And you fall in love and care for the main characters as they give their all in the detective show.
Jeni R.
Jacksonville
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I don't know about you but i always feel like an expert in crime after watching these shows. I'm always trying to solve the mystery before the end to see how close or right i was/am. I love this show and always love when new episodes come out. Ill even start at the beginning and binge watch to see keep myself up to date on the seasons and try to remember what happened or what was going on.
Nicole K.
Battle Ground, WA
I watch SVU marathons all the time on TV. What I love about this show is that they bring attention to such serious issues. Obviously the cases are fiction but they hit on some serious real life issues. This show isn't for the faint of heart because of the sensitive nature of the Special Victims Unit. Mariska Hargitay is phenomenal. She and the cast (past and present) do an amazing job!
Jaclyn S.
Manalapan, NJ
Everyone has that guilty obsession with a certain show. For me and almost all my friends, it's this one. It's that show that you feel crazy to be in love with, however you feel it and you do it anyway. Each episode is great in itself, you'll find episodes you love, and episodes that you just love to hate. Guest appearances are fantastic, and you eventually you only recognize actors you like if they've made an appearance on the show. It's hard hitting stuff, with a great cast and a perfect combination of backstory and investigation.
Brianna O.
Everett, WA
This is my addiction right here. I think I powered through so many seasons on Netflix within a week (then they took half the seasons off!) Episodes definitely have a formula of how they solve every mystery but sometimes change it up for episodes where there's more character development than the crime solving. Great guest stars and throws in episodes obviously themed by some headlining cases. Amazing character development and I love watching them all grow (and sometimes leave.) I need to catch up and probably go through another marathon.
Mandy C.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Literally the best cop show on the air. I have been watching this show since I was younger with my mom. I love watching re-runs on TV. There never seems to be a shortage of those. I haven't really watched too many of the newer episodes because it seems to be more story oriented, which isn't bad, it's just harder to keep up with. I'll always cherish the days where it was Benson/Stabler. <3
Kelsey N.
Macomb, MI
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I've been watching this show since I was in elementary school and I am now 23 years old. It is very intense and the subject matter is definitely a very sensitive subject which is what makes it a cut above the rest and stand out from other crime and cop shows. It's truly amazing and an inspiration to watch from the beginning and see how Olivia Benson has grown. How many shows can you name off the top of your head with a strong female as the commanding squad officer?
Virginia M.
Who else is sad Stabler left the show?
Erica W.
Middletown, NY
Who's your favorite detective, past or present?
Helene H.
Have you been watching the show since Stabler's departure?
Kayla R.
krystal m.
Westmont, IL
Does anybody else miss stabler and hate olivia's new partner?