BY LAW & ORDER: SVU #8 in TV

• Who else is sad Stabler left the show?70 Answers
Jennifer R.
Tampa, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This show has been going on for over half of my lifetime. I first discovered this show when I was like 10 years old watching TV with my grandma. I loved it then and I love it now. I'm not gonna say it's the best show for children, as many of the topics revolve around rape, but has taught me a lot about humans, how they operate, and the judicial system. Although I studied psychology in college, this show definitely swayed me towards the criminology route. (Olivia is bae.)
Licheska H.
SVU is definitely one of my top MUST watch shows! I'm still mad Stabler left but what can u do. This show is gritty, it reals you in with story lines similar to what's on the headlines today, you can't help but hate the villains and get emotionally attached to the victims and the cast. In real life the laws are not always designed to help the victim or keep them safe. Sometimes it actually helps the criminal and this show is as close to real as it gets.
Missy F.
I love Law & Order: SVU. I have never missed a single episode. It's addicting. I love the crimes that the write has brought onto the show. They're so life like. Every situation can happen to just about anyone. I love the actors/actresses. They play their roll like professionals, as if they were real life police. I have to admit, that some shows are heartfelt, and do bring tears to my eyes, 'cause I'd never want to see anyone have to live through the kind of situations they roleplay. But, I do think it's a must watch show, especially if you love law enforcement shows.
Victoria Q.
Somerville, MA
So bad it's good! This procedural drama has been on for over a decade, and has undergone a few changes since the beginning. Some things always stay the same - Mariska Hargitay as Olivia Benson, Ice-T as Finn Tutuola, lots of horrible crime - but other things change. I still miss Stabler, and the previously heavy & gritty crimes seem almost comical now with the number of one-liners. But I can't stop myself from binge-watching now and again, so here we are.
Kristina C.
Detroit, MI
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This show has always been engaging, despite the horrors that go on. The characters are all interesting and you fall in love with them. A lot of the episodes are well written and will keep you on the edge of your seat. Sometimes I even yell at the screen when I see 'Dick Wolf' appear after episodes that end with suspense or something crazy happening! It's harder to watch now that I have a little one, but it's still good.
Michelae H.
Indianapolis, IN
SVU is my favorite Law & Order series. It's my favorite crime series, period. The acting is solid, and SVU has a strong cast. I like how the show isn't glamorous or sexy. The content is very heavy, and can be triggering for some viewers. It focuses on very deviant crimes, and I appreciate that SVU discusses topics that are often overlooked. It focuses on survivors and victims of heinous crime, and justice top priority.
Camesha D.
There is no other show that I can sit and watch a marathon of on a weekly basis. Law & Order: SVU is my all time FAVORITE show! The acting is amazing. The story lines are like no other show I have ever watched. I always recommend this show to my friends. My favorite part of the show is the very beginning. I love to see how the show begins one way, then all the twists and turns lead to an awesome ending! I pray this show honestly never ends!!!
Leah Z.
Potomac, MD
I love this show so much. I started out just binge watching it on USA (because they do play it basically all day on USA). But then I kept seeing repeats so i began to watch it on netflix. But when i finished all those seasons i watched the rest. It is a very interesting crime show about crime in New York. It isn't too much of anything you cant handle. If you are a child under 13 I suggest a paren't be with you thought.
Paige B.
Park City, KY
I have(at 17 years old) watched this show for as long as I can remember. It has literally been running for most of my life, and that in itself should tell you how great a show it is(would've been cancelled a LONG time ago if ratings weren't supporting it). I love how each episode is unique and it's so nice for those days when you're really sick and they have a marathon running. You can just curl up and be a couch potato for a day with some good quality entertainment. I've loved watching the storyline grow just as much as the main focus of each episode. Definitely recommended.
Stephanie M.
I have literally watched every single episode of this show. Yes that means the 15+ season of it. I am addicted and never get sick of this show! I love the actors and the stories are so intense and really get you hooked to watch every episode. I love that each episode is different so you don't need to watch them in order. Only a few here and there are linked together. But they are just so creative and great shows.
Virginia M.
Who else is sad Stabler left the show?
Erica W.
Middletown, NY
Who's your favorite detective, past or present?
Helene H.
Have you been watching the show since Stabler's departure?
Kayla R.
krystal m.
Westmont, IL
Does anybody else miss stabler and hate olivia's new partner?