BY LAW & ORDER: SVU #8 in TV

• How is this show? Is it scary?8 Answers
  • Who else is sad Stabler left the show?70 Answers
Zoe F.
Royal Oak, MI
There was a time in my life where I had seen EVERY episode of Law & Order SVU and never missed a new one when they came on. After Chris Meloni (Elliot Stabler) departed from the show, I find that it just isn't as good anymore. I do love that they mimic everyday life and events that have actually happened, and the peak this show gives into the justice system is actually pretty accurate, but I find that since Meloni left, the acting isn't as good, and the cast doesn't seem as committed.
Lauren B.
North Adams, MA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Special Victims Unit has been a favorite of mine since the beginning. When Chris Meloni left, I was fearful it would go downhill, but it has stayed true to its original message. This show is totally not appropriate for children or those easily triggered, as it shows the lives of "sex crimes" detectives. I am a huge Mariska Hartigay fan. I love that she has taken her character and brought her to life with the Joyful Heart Foundation and her consistent outreach to sexual abuse victims.
Natalie B.
Allendale, MI
This is one of my all time favorite shows but i think they should but all the seasons on netflix, i literally am stopped in the middle and it's so frustrating.
Alex R.
Los Angeles, CA
There's a reason Law & Order is one of the longest running shows in television... and a major reason keeping the longtime franchise alive is SVU. Much more character development than the traditional Law & Order series, and not as obscure as Law & Order: Criminal Intent. Stories are often directly based on current headlines and less time is spent on courtroom procedure and instead on the more dramatic police work. Solid acting, solid writing, and a solid series all around.
Carisa P.
Arlington, TX
I started watching this program about 13 years ago. I had a surgical complication that has followed me and I spend many months at a time in the hospital, I would love watching the SVU marathons! Now I am all caught up (Thanks to Hulu) and watched any episodes I missed, plus some that I'd already seen. I am so excited for the fall premiere in the next week to see what they come up with next. The team is incredible together and there's always something interesting happening. I'm a huge fan!
Marissa D.
Who doesn't love a good mystery. I mean I can always predict who does what. So it's not like it's over the top, "OMG IT WAS HIM." Kind of reaction.. But, it does put you in a court room and I love shows like that. I'm currently watching How To Get Away With Murder, and that show is awesome! About a whole bunch of pre law students basically on a killing spree for their professor and they all have each others backs. Even if they want to turn on each other and have secrets..
Rachel T.
Reading, PA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I've been a huge fan of Law & Order SVU since the show started! My favorite character is of course Detective Olivia Benson and I'm pleased that Mariska is still on the show and that they're making new seasons. I am behind by at least one season, but I often watch the marathons they play on the USA channel and Netflix. This is a great show for people who are into solving crimes, but it's not for anyone with a weak stomach. It can often be upsetting depending on the storyline.
Deborah C.
Danville, IL
This is my go-to show for each day. I am always spending what time I have available as a mother. I love to watch the actors live out their lives on screen. It reminds me that everyone has troubles and good times in their lives. I just have to watch it every day. You should watch it too. You will enjoy the special insight into what it takes to be a special victim detective. I know that I would never be able to do it, because it takes a special kind of person to do this job.
Jennifer E.
Newport News, VA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
My favorite crime show!! Olivia Benson kicks some ass! Love seeing the bad guy/girl get caught and the victim get some peace. I was upset when Stabler left the show.
Jennie O.
A good procedural that pulls you in and makes you care about the regular characters. It can be a little disturbing sometimes, since the subject matter is pretty grim, but it's always handled tactfully and not in a tabloid exploitation sort of way. You can tell some of the story lines are "ripped from the headlines" as they say. But they never seem to completely adhere to the real story as we know it. Bottom line: entertaining and engaging, if you like dramas of this sort.
Virginia M.
Who else is sad Stabler left the show?
Erica W.
Middletown, NY
Who's your favorite detective, past or present?
Helene H.
Have you been watching the show since Stabler's departure?
Kayla R.
krystal m.
Westmont, IL
Does anybody else miss stabler and hate olivia's new partner?