BY LAW & ORDER: SVU #6 in TV

• Who else is sad Stabler left the show?70 Answers
Mallory K.
Memphis, TN
Pop Culture Expert
I used to love this show. I honestly was a loyal viewer for years. Then I was transferred to the PSU unit which enforces s*x offender registry laws. The show does get the horrific nature of crimes correct. I have personally been responsible for several offenders whose crimes are near identical to svu cases. But, it's not quite entertaining or pleasurable to watch when you see it in real life. The case resolutions on TV are just not how it works in the real world. This show gives unrealistic expectations with regards to investigation length, forensics, and sentencing expectations. I just can't watch it anymore.
Emma W.
Such an addicting and well-written show. It can be kind of scary at times, so maybe watch with friends if you get frightened easily. I would recommend this show to all my friends and family because it is just so damn addicting! Will be watching soon.
Ashley S.
Mccomb, MS
Pop Culture Expert
This is the most important show on television. It had changed so many lives. It has helped many survivors of abuse. Mariska has made a foundation to help people victims of abuse because of this show. It's so important to the survivors who watch it. It help seek medical help, it encourages people to report and seek medical help rather than hide in shame. It helps so many people heal. It's a blessing, it gives strength to all the survivors who watch it. I know survivors who can go on with their lives because of what that show has done for the world. NoMore and The Joyful Heart Foundation have kept people alive, even get closure. We always need SVU on air. As a comfort, or just to teach people who have never dealt with sexual assault before.
LaTayia A.
This is my favorite law and order series. It's a little intense at times but it definitely opens up your eyes to see that things that happen in the show could happen in real life.
Pace D.
Van Nuys, CA
This show along with criminal minds special behavior analysis are my favorite shows !
Even tho they say they are not based on true stories it does open your eyes to realities ! You never know when this things could happen to you or if they happe to people closed to you.
I love this show! Specially Olivia Benson! <3 she just shows how strong a women can be and how hard she can work to accomplish her goals and how nothing can stop her! Her story on the show is just so inspiring ! I do believe someone out there has gone through what Olivia benson did !
eli a.
Law and Order: Special Victims Unit is one of the best . series out there. This show keeps you wanting more. Every episode is new, intense, and exciting. I could watch Law and Order: SVU all day and not get bored of it. The actors and actresses are really good at their job. They make every episode so real it can be scary sometimes. It gives you a sense of what actually happens in the real world. Also the story line of the show is a good one. If you have not seen any of the episodes, I would recommend you start watching now. You will not be disappointed.
Ashley C.
Timonium, MD
Pop Culture Expert
I'm addicted to SVU! More so the older seasons which still feature 'Elliott Stabler' played by Christopher Meloni.

Some episodes are sad, others are packed with anxiety and 9 out of ten times the Manhattan SVU squad always saves the day. I find most of the stories interesting but if you get unsettled by theses types of crimes I don't recommend this show for you.

The newer seasons are alright but I think it lost a little something with newer cast and also I don't like focusing so much on 'Olivia Benson's' life but other than that it's still a pretty good show.
DIANA C.
Nottingham, MD
This show is sad and dark but compelling. The acting is superb and Mariska Hargetay doesn't disappoint. The stories have such a dark plots but they get the perpetrator in the end. There is a beginning, a middle, and an end to the stories. I appreciate the fact that they don't leave you hanging for weeks or leave a killer on the loose. Some of the stories are so sad but you keep watching. In the end the fact that the killer is found puts your mind at reat. I think people leave a little less innocent but may become more cautious as a result.
Jennifer W.
Athens, AL
This show seriously is just as great as it was 17 years ago, maybe even better. I thought after Christopher Meloni (Detective Stabler) left that I would never watch the show again, and that it would go down the drain. Nope. I never stopped watching it and am still just as hooked today as I ever was. The actors are all amazing, Mariska Hargitay being my absolute favorite now that Chris is gone. I 1000% recommend this show. Each episode draws you in and is always something new and relevant. I haven't missed an episode in years. Keep em coming!
Caitlyn C.
Frederick, MD
Basically this show can do no wrong. I believe it just started its 18th consecutive season on tV - that's crazy!! The core cast has more or less stayed the same throughout the show's run, while less essential cast members are phased in and out. The always changing cast allows for a freshness to stay with the show. They also frequently pull the plots from real life cases that stormed the media. Trust me, if you watch this show you will fall in love with Detective Olivia Benson and learn way more than you ever dreamed about police procedure.
Virginia M.
Who else is sad Stabler left the show?
Erica W.
Middletown, NY
Who's your favorite detective, past or present?
Helene H.
Have you been watching the show since Stabler's departure?
Kayla R.
krystal m.
Westmont, IL
Does anybody else miss stabler and hate olivia's new partner?