BY LAW & ORDER: SVU #9 in TV

• How is this show? Is it scary?8 Answers
  • Who else is sad Stabler left the show?70 Answers
Jay A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
If I could give it more stars I would. I love how raw this show is and how it deals with situations that happen in our society even of the outcome don't match real life. It shows part of both the investigations and the court side. Shows both victims who are attacked but also victims of being wrongfully accused which happens more than we think forever changing innocent people's lives. Very realistic show but I do prefer the earlier seasons than now because in the last five or so the show has shown too much of the cops personal lives which realistically wouldn't happen or at least not to the same cops.
Brittany P.
Corry, PA
Every Tuesday and Sunday I get really excited, because USA will have a marathon of Law and Order: SVU episodes for me to watch. I started this show when I was in the 8th grade- I would watch with my parents. I was a bit young, but I felt I learned a lot of statistics, survival skills and news stories thanks to this show. Although they always say each episode is not based on a real life event, I love finding the roots of each episode to see the real case behind each story. This show has an amazing cast that is full of chemistry- the only bad thing is that Stabler left! The sibling-chemistry that was between him and Benson was amazing- not many actors can do that! This show is dramatic, funny, action-packed and heart wrenching at the same time. An hour of entertainment for everyone!
Destiny H.
Bronx, NY
I feel like this show has been and still is doing an amazing job to really make people realize that things "special cases" (apparently I can't name those crimes but if you know the show you know what I'm talking about) are serious and they happen all the time. The show does a great job with getting rid of (rape culture) in the minds of at least some people. It really puts you in the perspective of these emotionally battered people and if it takes that to get some people on board with seeing these crimes as vile and horrific, then I am fine with it. Must watch for me!
NICOLE B.
Allons, TN
Guilty Pleasure show for all of us, this is something you can accidentally catch flipping through the channels and get sucked into a marathon. It's happened to me a time or twelve.
Mallory K.
Memphis, TN
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I used to love this show. I honestly was a loyal viewer for years. Then I was transferred to the PSU unit which enforces s*x offender registry laws. The show does get the horrific nature of crimes correct. I have personally been responsible for several offenders whose crimes are near identical to svu cases. But, it's not quite entertaining or pleasurable to watch when you see it in real life. The case resolutions on TV are just not how it works in the real world. This show gives unrealistic expectations with regards to investigation length, forensics, and sentencing expectations. I just can't watch it anymore.
Emma W.
Such an addicting and well-written show. It can be kind of scary at times, so maybe watch with friends if you get frightened easily. I would recommend this show to all my friends and family because it is just so damn addicting! Will be watching soon.
Ashley S.
Mccomb, MS
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is the most important show on television. It had changed so many lives. It has helped many survivors of abuse. Mariska has made a foundation to help people victims of abuse because of this show. It's so important to the survivors who watch it. It help seek medical help, it encourages people to report and seek medical help rather than hide in shame. It helps so many people heal. It's a blessing, it gives strength to all the survivors who watch it. I know survivors who can go on with their lives because of what that show has done for the world. NoMore and The Joyful Heart Foundation have kept people alive, even get closure. We always need SVU on air. As a comfort, or just to teach people who have never dealt with sexual assault before.
Pace D.
Van Nuys, CA
This show along with criminal minds special behavior analysis are my favorite shows !
Even tho they say they are not based on true stories it does open your eyes to realities ! You never know when this things could happen to you or if they happe to people closed to you.
I love this show! Specially Olivia Benson! <3 she just shows how strong a women can be and how hard she can work to accomplish her goals and how nothing can stop her! Her story on the show is just so inspiring ! I do believe someone out there has gone through what Olivia benson did !
eli a.
Law and Order: Special Victims Unit is one of the best . series out there. This show keeps you wanting more. Every episode is new, intense, and exciting. I could watch Law and Order: SVU all day and not get bored of it. The actors and actresses are really good at their job. They make every episode so real it can be scary sometimes. It gives you a sense of what actually happens in the real world. Also the story line of the show is a good one. If you have not seen any of the episodes, I would recommend you start watching now. You will not be disappointed.
LaTayia A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is my favorite law and order series. It's a little intense at times but it definitely opens up your eyes to see that things that happen in the show could happen in real life.
Virginia M.
Who else is sad Stabler left the show?
Erica W.
Middletown, NY
Who's your favorite detective, past or present?
Helene H.
Have you been watching the show since Stabler's departure?
Kayla R.
krystal m.
Westmont, IL
Does anybody else miss stabler and hate olivia's new partner?