BY LAW & ORDER: SVU #5 in TV

• How is this show? Is it scary?8 Answers
  • Who else is sad Stabler left the show?70 Answers
Lisa A.
I am not a fan of the other Law and Order series. The cast did not appeal to me, nor did the set up of the show. I did not like how the episodes progressed, but SVU has always been one of my favorite shows. I love all of the original cast members because of the chemistry they had with each other and how wonderfully the portrayed their roles. Mariska Hargitay is one of my girl crushes, so I love that she's still on the show, but now that the characters that I love are gone, the show doesn't really have the same elements that I fell in love with. The show is dramatic and I love how they address crimes and issues. However, I do not enjoy the newer seasons.
Chela G.
One of the best dramas on TV! There's a reason that everyone seems to enjoy this show and won't change the channel if an episode comes on. For die hard fans like me, it's great that multiple channels air reruns and host marathons. They're constantly keeping the content of their new episodes relevant and often have storylines that are ripped from the headlines. It's a sad topic overall, but it's best not to hide sensitive topics. There are a lot of lessons to be learned from episodes and can inform the viewers of real life problems all while keeping the entertainment factor. 10 out of 10 would recommend to anyone who enjoys drama series.
Katherine L.
When i say SVU is the only thing that keeps me going sometimes I am not kidding guys. I love all of the characters in the house end of the show goes into their lives so that they're actually personable and not someone that you really can't relate to. The story lines are excellent too. It could be because they're based on true stories that are out of the news but in my opinion those are usually the most unbelievable scenarios you could ever imagine so I think this show really has a handle on what people want to know about and watch, but at the same time want to really see how another human being is going to get through it. Kudos SVU!
Linda A.
Ogden, UT
I don't know what it is about this program. I've been watching it for years and I imagine I'll watch it into the future. I also watch the other Law and Order shows and the CSI spin offs. Maybe the intrigue comes from the fact that the stories are based on true stories that makes them so compelling. The acting is good and the ensemble starts to feel like family after a while. The characters are warm and human. They are good people doing a very emotionally difficult and demanding job. As long as the writing continues to be good and the stories interesting, I guess I'll keep watching...even occasionally binge watching!
Lindsy H.
Green Cove Springs, FL
DON'T EVEN TEMPT ME...THIS SHOW IS LITERALLY LIFE. I CANNOT GO ONE SINGLE DAY OF MY EXSITENCE WITHOUT WATCHING IT. LITERALLY...EVERY DAY I WATCH IT. MARISKA HARGITAY IS MY QUEEN AND SHE SLAYS SO HARD. I'VE MET HER TWICE AND SHE'S JUST THE SWEETEST PERSON ON THE PLANET. I HAVE THOROUGHLY ENJOYED THE PAST 18 YEARS AND CANNOT WAIT TO SEE HOW THE REST OF THIS SEASON UNFOLDS. IF THIS SHOW WERE EVER TO BE CANCELLED I THINK I WOULD LITERALLY DIE. THERE ARE SO MANY MORE THINGS I CAN SAY ABOUT THIS SHOW BECAUSE I'M CLINICALLY OBSESSED BUT YOU JUST HAVE TO WATCH FOR YOURSELF, BUT BE CAREFUL BECUASE THEN YOU'LL END UP LIKE ME.
Crystal R.
Torrance
This show is just spectacular. Whether it's fictional or not it shows you the ways of the world and how people can be. There's some who can be so cruel and there's others who are so nice and sweet. It also shows you to appreciate what you have. Especially if it's a family member or close friend, it shows to spend as much time with them as possible. And to say 'I love you' every moment you have with them. Nothing in life is always garenteed so appreciate what you have now but always hope for more. This shows brings all types of emotions together even ones you've never felt or knew existed. It's worth the watch.
Mallory K.
Memphis, TN
Pop Culture Expert
I used to love this show. I honestly was a loyal viewer for years. Then I was transferred to the PSU unit which enforces s*x offender registry laws. The show does get the horrific nature of crimes correct. I have personally been responsible for several offenders whose crimes are near identical to svu cases. But, it's not quite entertaining or pleasurable to watch when you see it in real life. The case resolutions on TV are just not how it works in the real world. This show gives unrealistic expectations with regards to investigation length, forensics, and sentencing expectations. I just can't watch it anymore.
Sandra C.
Omaha, NE
It's still a good show, but I miss Chris Meloni's "Eliot Stabler." Besides the show's losing a great character, his departure seems to have resulted in "Olivia Benson"'s being given even more preachy lines about the scourge of sual assault. "None of this is your fault" has become as inevitable and as mind numbingly frequent as the Miranda warning. I do understand and appreciate Mariska Hargitay's desire to use her show to keep the issue of rap in the public consciousness. I've just had my fill of the increasingly gratuitous preachiness in what is otherwise a terrific show that's certainly met the test of time
Kimberly J.
Rienzi, MS
My family loves this show. It is entertaining and educational in the sense that it shows you things that can and do happen in real life. I feel like the episodes are loosely based on real life situations and real life documented cases. I always make sure to talk with my son and/or daughter afterwards, if a particular show is about someone close to their age. We discuss The things that happened and ways to prevent all The bad negative things. I love the actors on the show, especially Mariska Hargitay. She's boss! And I'm glad that it shows the women being in the position that she's in. I really love the show.
Jay A.
Pop Culture Expert
If I could give it more stars I would. I love how raw this show is and how it deals with situations that happen in our society even of the outcome don't match real life. It shows part of both the investigations and the court side. Shows both victims who are attacked but also victims of being wrongfully accused which happens more than we think forever changing innocent people's lives. Very realistic show but I do prefer the earlier seasons than now because in the last five or so the show has shown too much of the cops personal lives which realistically wouldn't happen or at least not to the same cops.
Virginia M.
Who else is sad Stabler left the show?
Erica W.
Middletown, NY
Who's your favorite detective, past or present?
Helene H.
Have you been watching the show since Stabler's departure?
Kayla R.
krystal m.
Westmont, IL
Does anybody else miss stabler and hate olivia's new partner?