Add a Photo

#7 in TV
Photos (23)
Megan T.
Megan T.

When I was a kid I never understood why my mom loved this show so much. Now that I've grown up, I totally get it now! The stories are so intriguing, the acting (even by extras) is A+, the crime scenes are convincing; the worst thing about the show is the commercials! I could binge watch this show all the time. Olivia Benson (Mariska Hargitay) is such a great role model for women everywhere, both on and off camera. Not only is the show entertaining, it also reminds viewers of good ethics and is very thought provoking. My boyfriend, family and I like to play a little game where we guess throughout the show sleep committed the crime and how. ;) I highly recommend!
Jessie H.
Jessie H.
Centerville, OH

I have been watching SVU for the last 10 seasons. I have reminders set in my phone to make sure I never miss a new episode airing. I binge watch marathons of SVU which at one time not long ago could be found pretty much daily on some channel or another. I have seen every episode at least twice but more like 10 times. I CANNOT wait until season 18 premiers. Wouldn't recommend for anyone under the age of 16 or anyone that is sensitive to the story lines in this show. I am 33 and some episodes are hard to watch (the Jeffrey Lewis episodes were almost unbearable and will not re watch these episodes), so keep that in mind when watching or allowing minors to watch.
Lisa A.
Lisa A.

I am not a fan of the other Law and Order series. The cast did not appeal to me, nor did the set up of the show. I did not like how the episodes progressed, but SVU has always been one of my favorite shows. I love all of the original cast members because of the chemistry they had with each other and how wonderfully the portrayed their roles. Mariska Hargitay is one of my girl crushes, so I love that she's still on the show, but now that the characters that I love are gone, the show doesn't really have the same elements that I fell in love with. The show is dramatic and I love how they address crimes and issues. However, I do not enjoy the newer seasons.
Chela G.
Chela G.

One of the best dramas on TV! There's a reason that everyone seems to enjoy this show and won't change the channel if an episode comes on. For die hard fans like me, it's great that multiple channels air reruns and host marathons. They're constantly keeping the content of their new episodes relevant and often have storylines that are ripped from the headlines. It's a sad topic overall, but it's best not to hide sensitive topics. There are a lot of lessons to be learned from episodes and can inform the viewers of real life problems all while keeping the entertainment factor. 10 out of 10 would recommend to anyone who enjoys drama series.
Katherine L.
Katherine L.

When i say SVU is the only thing that keeps me going sometimes I am not kidding guys. I love all of the characters in the house end of the show goes into their lives so that they're actually personable and not someone that you really can't relate to. The story lines are excellent too. It could be because they're based on true stories that are out of the news but in my opinion those are usually the most unbelievable scenarios you could ever imagine so I think this show really has a handle on what people want to know about and watch, but at the same time want to really see how another human being is going to get through it. Kudos SVU!
Lindsy H.
Lindsy H.
Green Cove Springs, FL

DON'T EVEN TEMPT ME...THIS SHOW IS LITERALLY LIFE. I CANNOT GO ONE SINGLE DAY OF MY EXSITENCE WITHOUT WATCHING IT. LITERALLY...EVERY DAY I WATCH IT. MARISKA HARGITAY IS MY QUEEN AND SHE SLAYS SO HARD. I'VE MET HER TWICE AND SHE'S JUST THE SWEETEST PERSON ON THE PLANET. I HAVE THOROUGHLY ENJOYED THE PAST 18 YEARS AND CANNOT WAIT TO SEE HOW THE REST OF THIS SEASON UNFOLDS. IF THIS SHOW WERE EVER TO BE CANCELLED I THINK I WOULD LITERALLY DIE. THERE ARE SO MANY MORE THINGS I CAN SAY ABOUT THIS SHOW BECAUSE I'M CLINICALLY OBSESSED BUT YOU JUST HAVE TO WATCH FOR YOURSELF, BUT BE CAREFUL BECUASE THEN YOU'LL END UP LIKE ME.
Linda A.
Linda A.
Ogden, UT

I don't know what it is about this program. I've been watching it for years and I imagine I'll watch it into the future. I also watch the other Law and Order shows and the CSI spin offs. Maybe the intrigue comes from the fact that the stories are based on true stories that makes them so compelling. The acting is good and the ensemble starts to feel like family after a while. The characters are warm and human. They are good people doing a very emotionally difficult and demanding job. As long as the writing continues to be good and the stories interesting, I guess I'll keep watching...even occasionally binge watching!
Mallory K.
Mallory K.
Memphis, TN

I used to love this show. I honestly was a loyal viewer for years. Then I was transferred to the PSU unit which enforces s*x offender registry laws. The show does get the horrific nature of crimes correct. I have personally been responsible for several offenders whose crimes are near identical to svu cases. But, it's not quite entertaining or pleasurable to watch when you see it in real life. The case resolutions on TV are just not how it works in the real world. This show gives unrealistic expectations with regards to investigation length, forensics, and sentencing expectations. I just can't watch it anymore.
Crystal R.
Crystal R.
Torrance

This show is just spectacular. Whether it's fictional or not it shows you the ways of the world and how people can be. There's some who can be so cruel and there's others who are so nice and sweet. It also shows you to appreciate what you have. Especially if it's a family member or close friend, it shows to spend as much time with them as possible. And to say 'I love you' every moment you have with them. Nothing in life is always garenteed so appreciate what you have now but always hope for more. This shows brings all types of emotions together even ones you've never felt or knew existed. It's worth the watch.
Sandra C.
Sandra C.
Omaha, NE

It's still a good show, but I miss Chris Meloni's "Eliot Stabler." Besides the show's losing a great character, his departure seems to have resulted in "Olivia Benson"'s being given even more preachy lines about the scourge of sual assault. "None of this is your fault" has become as inevitable and as mind numbingly frequent as the Miranda warning. I do understand and appreciate Mariska Hargitay's desire to use her show to keep the issue of rap in the public consciousness. I've just had my fill of the increasingly gratuitous preachiness in what is otherwise a terrific show that's certainly met the test of time
Virginia M.
Virginia M.

Who else is sad Stabler left the show?
Erica W.
Erica W.
Middletown, NY

Who's your favorite detective, past or present?
Helene H.
Helene H.

Have you been watching the show since Stabler's departure?
Kayla R.
Kayla R.

krystal m.
krystal m.
Westmont, IL

Does anybody else miss stabler and hate olivia's new partner?

Join Now