BY LAW & ORDER: SVU #8 in TV

• How is this show? Is it scary?8 Answers
  • Who else is sad Stabler left the show?70 Answers
Matea G.
POMONA, CA
I watched every single episode. You can say that together with Criminal Minds this is my favorite TV show! Love it! Great stories, great actors! Thank God Netflix has it so I can rewatch it from time to time! lol
Elizabeth I.
Washington, DC
One of my favorite shows ever and I think one of the best ones out there. Mariska Harigitay knocks it out of the park week after week, and the other actors aren't so bad either (in other words they are all incredibly talented). The gritty realism in this show is what draws me in. SVU tackles tough issues and in it's 14+ years I can barely think of a time they have victim-blamed or promoted harmful ideas. The subjects are difficult and it's not for the light of heart (rape, child abuse, & violent murders are not everybody's cup of tea). There are continuing threads, but the best thing about SVU is you can watch a random episode and still enjoy it. Nothing better on a lazy Sunday than to casually watch one of those ubiquitous USA marathons. If you want to see badass detectives with perfect hair nailing rapists and murderers then this is the show for you. (Personally, the fact that most of the crimes are solved and the bad guy put away in a 45 minute span is what makes this show escapist fantasy for me)
kara w.
Denton, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
My all time favorite show! I've seen most of the episodes 5 times or more. Never gets old. Im so glad the have a new season. I watch whenever the new episodes come out!
Nichelle B.
Jamaica, NY
This show is a classic! I can watch the same episodes over and over again. the mystery of everything is amazing! I love this show. this is my favorite law & order really & it's scary to think that these things actually happen in life.
Yolanda S.
Waco
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
YES LOVE ME SOME LAW AND ORDER ON OF MY FAVORITE T.V. SHOWS I LOVE ALL THE LAW SND ORDERS SHOW IT'S EXTICTE AND HAVE MEANING BEHINE IT AND OUR FAMILY'S ENJOY THE SHOW AND GLAD YOU CAN WATCH IT ANY TIME OF THE DAY AND NIGHT LOVE MY LAW AND ORDER
Tiffany H.
Love this show. Been watching since practically the beginning. Dropped my score to a 4 because the last few seasons have dragged a bit. If I wasn't an avid fan and just started tuning in, I'm not sure if it would be a show I would pick up. I think what really set it apart from other crime procedurals was its cast because they had a lot of chemistry and were entertaining. Even when they changed cast members after Stabler, one of the main stars, left, it was still okay, but now that it's been so many years, the cast seems to be rotating so often that it's difficult to really get invested. It does make me sad, but unless they get some new ideas (the stories aren't even that interesting anymore) to breathe some life into SVU, I think it might be time to let go.

The best part of the show though? The "dUN dUNNNN" sound at the beginning during the opening sequence! You can't watch the show and not "sing along" to that part! Classic SVU. If they got rid of that, I'd quit for sure!
Ashley S.
By far the best show in the entire world. I don't watch much of the new episodes ever since Christopher Meloni (Detective Elliot Stabler) left the show a few years back. He and Mariska Hargitay (Detective Olivia Benson) were the best partners on the show and I loved them on the show together. The Captain, DA's, and the other detectives are all wonderful as well. They all just go along so smoothly together. I'm thankful for the reruns that play all the time. I can watch the same episode over and over and not get tired of it. It is real-life situations that happen every day and that's why I admire the show so much. I'm hoping that Elliot returns in the new seasons at some point, that would be amazing!!!
Alicia E.
Skokie, IL
Favorite show! I like that they incorporate ideas that are relevant to today's society, and each episode is always something to think about. I think this is the best of the "Law and Order" franchise and it's a classic show.
Chrissy R.
Ocoee, FL
If I could give 10 stars I would! Omg best show hands down! Although I miss Elliot and wanted him and Olivia together so bad!!!! This show does not compare to the others! This is the kind of show I binge watch on days off!
Kt H.
Baltimore, MD
My favorite show, forever and ever. Mariska Hargitay is incredible as Olivia Benson, and I love that there are always cameos from other television series or movies.
Virginia M.
Who else is sad Stabler left the show?
Erica W.
Middletown, NY
Who's your favorite detective, past or present?
Helene H.
Have you been watching the show since Stabler's departure?
Kayla R.
krystal m.
Westmont, IL
Does anybody else miss stabler and hate olivia's new partner?