BY LAW & ORDER: SVU #8 in TV

• How is this show? Is it scary?8 Answers
  • Who else is sad Stabler left the show?70 Answers
Florence J.
This is such an amazing show. it's suspenseful and draws you into the crime. The actors are great and I enjoy watching episode after episode. I will continue to love this show!
Sydney R.
Armidale, NSW
This is a great show! Mariska Hargitay (Detective Olivia Benson) and Christopher Meloni (Detective Elliot Stabler) are great for the 2 parts and work so well together. The cases are based on real cases and if I didn't know they are all actors I'd say it was real.

I have learned a lot about law and all that from the show. There was an episode about FAS (Fetal Alcoholic Syndrome) which became my topic for my health project. In general, I learned about law and prosecution and it is a great show to watch! 5 stars, 2 thumbs up, EXCELLENT!
Chantelle I.
This is one of my favorite TV series. It's exciting, emotional and reflects some of the realities of real-life society. They're not difficult to follow, since each episode is a different case. If you do watch episodes randomly, you'll be okay since it's not required that you follow the series in order (although it's recommended because there are side stories that do go in sequential order, per season). The cast changes rather often, but the main characters such as Mariska Hargitay are always there! I highly recommend this TV show!!
Marissa G.
Scotland
This is my all time favorite TV show!!!!!
I absolutely love Mariska Hargitay who plays Olivia Benson. She is such an incredible actor and has been doing the show for almost 17 years! I'm super excited that the show has been renewed for season 18 and I can't wait for it to return. I watch it every week and never get bored of it, I am invested with every single episode. Recommend this show to anyone and everyone regardless of their interests, fabulous cast and crew! Thank you Wolf for such a brilliant show!
Jobelle E.
Metro Manila, Philippines
This show has been on for sooooo long. The cinematography does not change even if the episode has been shot the last 5 years which is both good and bad. Good cause it retains its "personality" or signature. Bad cause it just makes me think I am watching a re-run.

I love that the characters are not just stiff cops but shows their personality.

It is sort of depressing to watch especially cases where in kids are involved.

If you like this Criminal Minds or CSI would also be in your list (I guess)
Magalys v.
Law & Order: is focused almost exclusively on the detectives of the police Special Victims Unit of the Police of the City of New York. As the series progresses additional secondary characters as allies detectives Attorney's office and the New York County Medical Examiner added. Typical episodes show the detectives and his colleagues, while investigating and prosecuting crimes of a sexual nature.
Laara C.
There was about a 2 month period that if I had any free time, I would be in bed, surrounded with snacks, watching Law and Order. I hate to admit that this show became like my best friend for a while, I'd come home from a long day at work and I'd know it would be there waiting for me. No spoilers but it took me two days to watch the very last episode because it is so intense, I kept having to pause it and walk away to calm down because it just gets to you. Honestly the best show, especially for a crime show. I feel like most crime shows don't let you connect as deeply with the characters as this one does, so honestly it's a brilliant piece of work.
Cheryl M.
Toronto, WY
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I have been watching SVU for God only knows how many years. It's the same formulaic crime, drama show that has been done time and time again. Why do I love it so much? You fall in love with the characters, especially Olivia. I love that she's a bad ass, independent woman who takes her job very seriously. They sometimes pull storylines right from real headlines, but change a few details in order for them not to get sued. It's become a bit tired, but I'll still watch it because I want to see what happens to the characters.
Julie B.
Peterborough, ON
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is a really good TV crime drama. The actors are excellent and the story lines are really thought provoking and dramatic. Although some episodes can be disturbing because it deals with such perverse and twisted crimes, it also brings to light some serious topics that need to be addressed in today's society in a very powerful and positive way. It doesn't shy away from these topics but instead confronts them and brings them to the forefront. This is a really excellent TV show for a mature audience.
Alahni F.
Australia
think it is such an AWSOME show I love all of them I think they should make a movie and combine all of the law & order and SVU and major case I would love to see Mariska naked she is still hot and one or two of the female DA's but I wouldn't care if they didn't just would love to see a movie but with all the same actors I hate it when they make a movie from a tv show and try amd use famous actors its not the same like miami vice movie that sucked should have been Don Johnson and Philip Michel Tomas any way hope some dose make a movie or at least bring back the show
Virginia M.
Who else is sad Stabler left the show?
Erica W.
Middletown, NY
Who's your favorite detective, past or present?
Helene H.
Have you been watching the show since Stabler's departure?
Kayla R.
krystal m.
Westmont, IL
Does anybody else miss stabler and hate olivia's new partner?