Add a Photo

#3 in TV
Photos (23)
Christy K.
Christy K.
Sept. 27, 2016, 12:40 p.m.
Review for: Law & Order: SVU
This is the most binge worthy show in the history of the universe. I know I have seen every episode multiple times and I end up watching it every time I get sick. Even when they changed cast members after Stabler, one of the main stars, left, it was still okay, but now that it's been so many years, the cast seems to be rotating so often that it's difficult to really get invested. It does make me sad, but unless they get some new ideas (the stories aren't even that interesting anymore) to breathe some life into SVU, I think it might be time to let go.
Sydney R.
Sydney R.
Armidale, NSW
Sept. 25, 2016, 6:56 a.m.
Review for: Law & Order: SVU
This is a great show! Mariska Hargitay (Detective Olivia Benson) and Christopher Meloni (Detective Elliot Stabler) are great for the 2 parts and work so well together. The cases are based on real cases and if I didn't know they are all actors I'd say it was real.

I have learned a lot about law and all that from the show. There was an episode about FAS (Fetal Alcoholic Syndrome) which became my topic for my health project. In general, I learned about law and prosecution and it is a great show to watch! 5 stars, 2 thumbs up, EXCELLENT!
Chantelle I.
Chantelle I.
This is one of my favorite TV series. It's exciting, emotional and reflects some of the realities of real-life society. They're not difficult to follow, since each episode is a different case. If you do watch episodes randomly, you'll be okay since it's not required that you follow the series in order (although it's recommended because there are side stories that do go in sequential order, per season). The cast changes rather often, but the main characters such as Mariska Hargitay are always there! I highly recommend this TV show!!
Cheryl M.
Cheryl M.
Scarborough, ON
Sept. 25, 2016, 7:57 p.m.
Review for: Law & Order: SVU
I have been watching SVU for God only knows how many years. It's the same formulaic crime, drama show that has been done time and time again. Why do I love it so much? You fall in love with the characters, especially Olivia. I love that she's a bad ass, independent woman who takes her job very seriously. They sometimes pull storylines right from real headlines, but change a few details in order for them not to get sued. It's become a bit tired, but I'll still watch it because I want to see what happens to the characters.
Marissa G.
Marissa G.
Scotland
This is my all time favorite TV show!!!!!
I absolutely love Mariska Hargitay who plays Olivia Benson. She is such an incredible actor and has been doing the show for almost 17 years! I'm super excited that the show has been renewed for season 18 and I can't wait for it to return. I watch it every week and never get bored of it, I am invested with every single episode. Recommend this show to anyone and everyone regardless of their interests, fabulous cast and crew! Thank you Wolf for such a brilliant show!
Sabina C.
Sabina C.
THIS HAS BEEN MY FAVOURITE SHOW SINCE I WAS IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL!!! I cannot stop watching it!! The cases are taken from many real life cases that are current and in the media and the characters are all highly loveable and engaging! Detective Olivia Benson played by the stunning Mariska Hargitay has been my idol since I was a kid. The relationships between all the characters and seeing their struggles makes me feel like I've grown with them. I would probably have a mental breakdown if this show ever ended.
Julie B.
Julie B.
Peterborough, ON
This is a really good TV crime drama. The actors are excellent and the story lines are really thought provoking and dramatic. Although some episodes can be disturbing because it deals with such perverse and twisted crimes, it also brings to light some serious topics that need to be addressed in today's society in a very powerful and positive way. It doesn't shy away from these topics but instead confronts them and brings them to the forefront. This is a really excellent TV show for a mature audience.
Jobelle J.
Jobelle J.
Metro Manila, Philippines
This show has been on for sooooo long. The cinematography does not change even if the episode has been shot the last 5 years which is both good and bad. Good cause it retains its "personality" or signature. Bad cause it just makes me think I am watching a re-run.

I love that the characters are not just stiff cops but shows their personality.

It is sort of depressing to watch especially cases where in kids are involved.

If you like this Criminal Minds or CSI would also be in your list (I guess)
Amanda N.
Amanda N.
birmingham, West midlands
I have been a fan if this series for 3 years now.Its a fantastic show dealing with some very upsetting issues at times.The characters in the show are well rounded,solid characters and i find myself fascinated by their lives.
This is an excellent, thought provoking show and i would highly recommend it.
My favourite character in the show is Detective Olivia Benson,she is a good role model to women today as she is strong,independant and refuses to compromise her integrity.
Oswaldo R.
Oswaldo R.
Absolutely love this show! Mariska Hargitay is an excellent female role model, and she plays a strong character that's relatable. I love that you can just pick up and enjoy an episode of any of the Law & Order shows without knowing a lot about the back story. This show is an excellent advocate to the public as well about the importance of getting justice for victims of sexual abuse and assault. The writing is excellent and the acting is great!
Virginia M.
Virginia M.
Who else is sad Stabler left the show?
Erica W.
Erica W.
Middletown, NY
Who's your favorite detective, past or present?
Helene H.
Helene H.
Have you been watching the show since Stabler's departure?
Kayla R.
Kayla R.
krystal m.
krystal m.
Westmont, IL
Does anybody else miss stabler and hate olivia's new partner?