Add a Photo

Photos (23)
Nona B.
Nona B.
Hobart, OK
I have never one been that big of a fan of the original Law & Order. I would watch it for time to time and it was an alright show but never really had anything jump out at me to make it one of my can't miss shows. Then this show came on. I watched this show when it premiered back in 1999 and was impressed from the get go. Sure it followed the basic premise of it's original cousin but was much more loose on it's format and execution. Some episodes hardly ever involve the court room at all where the original week in week out follows a distinct pattern. First half hour is the law then the next is the order. This show although does sometimes follow the same pattern like i mentioned it is much more loose in how it executes it. Mariska Hartigay is excellent as her portrayal of Det. Olivia Benson. The whole cast as a whole is magnificent. Now I know a lot of people will disagree with me that this show is in no way better than the original but for me it is. It has given me something that the original never did.
Tiffany H.
Tiffany H.
Love this show. Been watching since practically the beginning. Dropped my score to a 4 because the last few seasons have dragged a bit. If I wasn't an avid fan and just started tuning in, I'm not sure if it would be a show I would pick up. I think what really set it apart from other crime procedurals was its cast because they had a lot of chemistry and were entertaining. Even when they changed cast members after Stabler, one of the main stars, left, it was still okay, but now that it's been so many years, the cast seems to be rotating so often that it's difficult to really get invested. It does make me sad, but unless they get some new ideas (the stories aren't even that interesting anymore) to breathe some life into SVU, I think it might be time to let go.

The best part of the show though? The "dUN dUNNNN" sound at the beginning during the opening sequence! You can't watch the show and not "sing along" to that part! Classic SVU. If they got rid of that, I'd quit for sure!
Evelyn L.
Evelyn L.
San Diego, CA
First: And there is only one reason why I don't say that about CI(Criminal Intent) and that is because they do not offer D'Onofrio's partner, Katherine Erbe, some juicier involvement. Otherwise, I believe that both SVU and CI are the best in crime shows on TV.
CSI/CSI Miami has nothing on the wonderful grittiness, the compelling stories and the fabulous acting in both programs.
After every show, I let the breath I have been holding since the beginning of the hour. This programs pulls me through the ringer in so many ways not always mentioned, the legal implications of decisions made by the police, captains, the doctor, forensics, the ADAs, legal counsels and that horribly bitchy Judge Petrofsky.
Some of the stories contain conventional crime stories, but more than is normally frequent, the stories contain rather important issues, moral, psychological and legal.
So many good shows, this is the best crime show on TV
amanda b.
amanda b.
Englewood, FL
I just love this show. I don't get to watch a lot of TV during the day and in the afternoon the kids are watching their cartoons. So around 9pm I can finally watch TV and I can always count on Law & order SUV being on. I just think Stabler and Olivia and Ice-T make a great team on this show. It always leaves me in suspense and I'm wondering who the Killer is or what's going to happen next. it just keeps me entertained and I don't want to change the channel because I want it to hurry up and come back on. I've never watched one show that was boring. I can watch rerun after rerun and still be entertained. I will be a sad, sad, girl when they stop running this show. I will say I like the older episodes more than I do the new season it's on right now I like Olivia being the boss but I like her more as the detective with Stabler on the older shows they had a great connection on the show.
Tory S.
Tory S.
Saint Paul, MN
Sept. 24, 2016, 3:16 p.m.
Review for: Law & Order: SVU
STOP EVERYTHING YOU ARE DOING AND WATCH THIS! This is the most binge worthy show in the history of the universe. I know I have seen every episode multiple times and I end up watching it every time I get sick. I like to turn it on when I work from home since it isn't a complex show where you have to pay close attention. It is a great show to pop on when you want to watch something but you don't want to commit to a heavy plot line. I cannot say enough good things about this show. I would say that the subject matter can be triggering and as a woman and mother it has been hard to watch a handful of the episodes. However, I think the show does such a good job of educating viewers about the complex issues of assault in a nonthreatening way that I don't feel "heavy" or sad after watching it even though the subject matter is a little intense.
Magdarlie D.
Magdarlie D.
Sept. 25, 2016, 9:52 p.m.

Ashley S.
Ashley S.
Sept. 24, 2016, 12:22 a.m.
Review for: Law & Order: SVU
By far the best show in the entire world. I don't watch much of the new episodes ever since Christopher Meloni (Detective Elliot Stabler) left the show a few years back. He and Mariska Hargitay (Detective Olivia Benson) were the best partners on the show and I loved them on the show together. The Captain, DA's, and the other detectives are all wonderful as well. They all just go along so smoothly together. I'm thankful for the reruns that play all the time. I can watch the same episode over and over and not get tired of it. It is real-life situations that happen every day and that's why I admire the show so much. I'm hoping that Elliot returns in the new seasons at some point, that would be amazing!!!
Natalya K.
Natalya K.
Folsom, CA
This has to be my absolute favorite show ever. I've watched every single episode and I still watch re-runs and binge-watch often. Although the topics are hard to watch sometimes, they are real world scenarios that we must be aware of. We live in such a little bubble sometimes that we need reminding at how cruel people are and also be reminded of those who work hard to catch the criminals and bring justice to the victims. I love all the characters and watching them grow through the seasons. Mariska Hargitay is amazing and I love that she directs now. I highly recommend this show to anyone who can handle tough subjects and who wants a suspenseful and entertaining time.
Megan T.
Megan T.
When I was a kid I never understood why my mom loved this show so much. Now that I've grown up, I totally get it now! The stories are so intriguing, the acting (even by extras) is A+, the crime scenes are convincing; the worst thing about the show is the commercials! I could binge watch this show all the time. Olivia Benson (Mariska Hargitay) is such a great role model for women everywhere, both on and off camera. Not only is the show entertaining, it also reminds viewers of good ethics and is very thought provoking. My boyfriend, family and I like to play a little game where we guess throughout the show sleep committed the crime and how. ;) I highly recommend!
Jessie H.
Jessie H.
Centerville, OH
I have been watching SVU for the last 10 seasons. I have reminders set in my phone to make sure I never miss a new episode airing. I binge watch marathons of SVU which at one time not long ago could be found pretty much daily on some channel or another. I have seen every episode at least twice but more like 10 times. I CANNOT wait until season 18 premiers. Wouldn't recommend for anyone under the age of 16 or anyone that is sensitive to the story lines in this show. I am 33 and some episodes are hard to watch (the Jeffrey Lewis episodes were almost unbearable and will not re watch these episodes), so keep that in mind when watching or allowing minors to watch.
Virginia M.
Virginia M.
Who else is sad Stabler left the show?
Erica W.
Erica W.
Middletown, NY
Who's your favorite detective, past or present?
Helene H.
Helene H.
Have you been watching the show since Stabler's departure?
Kayla R.
Kayla R.
krystal m.
krystal m.
Westmont, IL
Does anybody else miss stabler and hate olivia's new partner?