BY LAURA MERCIER

A long-wearing, highly pigmented, moisturizing lip color with a satin-matte finish. Velour Lovers Lip Colour's innovative, matte lipstick fuses delicate mattifying powders with moisturizing mango butter. It provides lips with a sensorial application experience that creates a smooth, velvety texture. Just a single swipe lasts all day without drying or leaving lips feeling chapped. It is formulated Without: - Sulfates This product is dermatologist tested and is free of talc and silicone. see more...

• Is it a drying type of matte?2 Answers
  • Are these very expensive? How well does the color last?1 Answers
  • Does this lipstick have a glossy finish or more on the matte side ?3 Answers
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Review for: Sensual
This lipstick is decent. I probably wouldn't have picked it out as a purchase for myself but I received a half size in my fall 2017 Sephora Give Me More Lip set. I received it in the color sensual which is a bit deceiving. It looks like it would be darker than it is but it's actually pretty light like a true nude pink that looks completely different on a pale or light girl as it completely washes you out. But there's other colors to choose from the collection so I don't hold thie against it at all.
The formula is ok. Not anything to write home about but pretty decent and definitely could be a choice for a daily wear lipstick. It goes on a bit thick and very creamy which is all preference whether you like that or not but its not especially moisturizing and feels a bit dry. It kind of brings lines out more than it should. It does last a while and is very pigmented with a velvet type finish. I do like it and would wear it but probably wouldn't pay full price for it.
I think you wouldn't necessarily be disappointed with it but probably could find way better for the price so thats my recommendation.
Joanne C.
Lee, ME
Review for: Laura Mercier Velour Lovers Lip Colour Happy 0.12 oz/ 3.6 g
I got this in my PLAY! Box and I am by no means much of a makeup wearer. If I do wear a lipstick I go for a nude. However this lipstick is PHENOMENAL. Beyond words. It's my lips but better. WAY FREAKING BETTER. I can't find the words to express to you the beauty and joy this brings me. It's got a light "the shoes from wizard of oz" sparkle, but in a sensual way. One swipe: that's all. For all day. It still feels bare, which is great because I hate smothering lipsticks. The color is just a beautiful enhancement of my own lips. It's truly a feminine experience. Once in a woman's life she finds that lipstick that makes her feel whole, no matter what is happening that little tube brings her world into focus and she is a woman. Bare faced, crying, naked, or done up, out on the town with her troop or nailing an interview. That tube of lipstick in that precise shade has made her feel like a true woman. This is my lipstick. I am 35 and I have found the one.
Alivia M.
Riverside, CA
Review for: Devotion
Love this lip color, it’s not a dry matte but it’s not a satin or a creme either. It’s really pretty and super wearable. I like to put this on the outer edge of my lips and take a lighter nude shade on my inner lip and make a pretty pink ombré effect. (The picture is just the lip color, no liner or any other lipstick) Laura Mercier Velour Lovers Lip Colour

((Edit: this is in the shade Devotion))
Marie G.
Astoria, NY
Review for: Laura Mercier Velour Lovers Lip Colour Happy 0.12 oz/ 3.6 g
I received this in my Sephora Play box and I have mixed feelings. On one hand, the color is really beautiful and I love the finish (and I'm usually a matte fanatic). On the other hand, the formula is very drying. The first time I tested it out, it got a bit crumbly on my lips. Then I tried it again immediately after putting on lip balm, and it worked out much better. So I'm not in love with the formula, but there was a quick fix to it. It stayed on for a few hours.
Erin M.
San Jose, CA
Review for: Laura Mercier Velour Lovers Lip Colour Happy 0.12 oz/ 3.6 g
I like this lip color. It is a pretty berry shade that looks good with fair skin and pink undertones. It is unique in that it also incorporates glitter into the formula. The shade goes on a bit thick, but you don't feel the glitter on your lips. The wear was pretty good with minimal transfer, but it dried my lips out a lot. Also the glitter really isn't that wearable for everyday. I can see myself breaking it out for special parties like Christmas or New Years.
Jill C.
Brick, NJ
Review for: Devotion
This was a gorgeous formula lipcolor! Creamy, moisturizing and super pigmented. The shade I have, Devotion, is a medium toned rosy pink that looks beautiful on my skin tone. I believe it would look great on any skin tone! It was super hydrating and didn't feel like I had anything on my lips when I wore it. It was also easy to apply without needing any lip liner. I'm looking forward to trying more shades from this line because it was so nice!
Madee M.
Jackson , MS
Review for: Other
All Laura Mercier products have blown me away with their quality. For a long time I associated the brand with older women but maybe my mom was just really hip. The colors have gradually become more versatile and on trend.
Ariel S.
Sheridan, WY
Review for: Sensual
I think this is the worst highend L lipstick I have ever used the color pay off is not great at all and the pigmentation is terrible I would Never repurchase it drugstore lipsticks are way better than this
Carly W.
Sabin, MN
Review for: Laura Mercier Velour Lovers Lip Colour Happy 0.12 oz/ 3.6 g
I'll admit, when I first opened my Sephora Play box and saw Laura Mercier, I was excited, and then I saw the color and instantly thought I'd give this to a friend. I decided to just give it a try and am so glad I kept it! It feels and looks great on and it pairs perfectly with my Tarte lip paint in Birthday Suit.
Hannah H.
CORDELE, GA
Review for: Laura Mercier Velour Lovers Lip Colour Thrill
Mine was in the color happy. It's highly pigmented yet moisturizing lip color with a satiny yet matte metallic finish! Super creamy, it smudges just a little so be careful. Not as long lasting as other products i have tried, but still a nice color and texture.
Nazneen S.
Olney, MD
Does this lipstick have a glossy finish or more on the matte side ?
Valerie D.
Moreno Valley , CA
Is it a drying type of matte?
Katherine G.
Bolton, Lancashire
Are these matte or semi-matte?
Whitley A.
Melbourne, FL
Are these very expensive? How well does the color last?
Christina S.
MOUNT PEARL, NL
Anyone tried this? The colors are so beautiful! Reviews?