Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting PowderInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2018

BY LAURA MERCIER #1 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

A silky powder with a touch of sheer coverage to set makeup for long wear. Multiple award-winning. Cult favorite.

Sets makeup for long-lasting wear, without adding weight or texture. This "best in beauty" bestseller creates a modern matte finish with a touch of sheer coverage. Absorbs oil and reduces shine all day. Pros know why it's their favorite: the powder is a little denser than an average powder, providing super smooth, even application and blending. No-flashback formula means you'll look great in photos. Soft-focus effect subtly blurs the look of fine lines and imperfections. Doesn't settle into fine lines or pores and never looks cakey. Now in two shades, to offer a translucent finish for every skintone, from the fairest to the deepest.  The Original Translucent shade works best for fair to medium and tan skin tones while the new shade Translucent Medium Deep was designed to work best on medium deep to the very deepest skin tones, so every skin can enjoy a perfectly flawless, translucent finish.

Translucent: Perfect for Fair to Medium Skin tones

Translucent Medium Deep: Perfect for Medium Deep to the Deepest Skintones​

Research Results: 100% Love It

We shared Translucent Loose Setting Powder with women, and after 2 weeks, they raved:

• 100% said it's the key to long-lasting makeup, ensuring makeup lasts throughout the day.
  • 100% said it is lightweight.
  • 100% said it does not look cakey on skin.
  • 100% said it controls and reduces shine.
  • 97% said it absorbs excess oil.

Apply this powder with the Laura Mercier Velour Puff to create a soft, matte finish for a look that will last all day.

Usage:

Preparing the puff is key: press the VELOUR PUFF into the loose powder, then work the powder into the puff by folding and rubbing the halves together, or by tapping the powdered side vigorously on back of hand.

Gently press puff onto skin, using a rolling motion to "work" the powder in. (Around eyes, use SECRET BRIGHTENING POWDER FOR UNDER EYES.)

As with all Setting Powders, apply after any creamy formulas, including cream blush.

PRO TIP

When your entire makeup application is complete, including color, give your skin a velvety, finished look by using the POWDER BRUSH to apply Translucent Loose Setting Powder to sides of cheeks, center of forehead, nose, and tip of chin.

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Lauroyl Lysine, Propylparaben, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Butylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Methicone. May Contain/ Peut Contenir/(+/-): Ci 77007 (Ultramarines), Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides).

• Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder does this...9 Answers
  • Is this product good for people with oily skin?84 Answers
Aaliyah M.
Huntingtn Bch, CA
Backstory: I bought this product because I was looking for something that would reduce the natural shine my skin has. It’s not particularly oily or anything but it has this shine that I don’t like since I prefer a matte finish. Unfortunately, I can’t use most mattifying products, like gels/primers, because I have uber-sensitive skin and they cause me to break out. I also don’t wear foundation so I needed a product that would work alone to reduce my shiny skin and this really does the trick. It is NOT incredibly mattifying but does reduce the amount of shine that I have. It minimizes the appearance of pores and makes my skin look more even and smooth, ESPECIALLY when my picture is taken. Flash can be my worst enemy and this product really minimizes my imperfections in pictures. Pros: Good value- you get a lot of product. This will last me forever. Very finely milled. Reduces shine. Works wonderfully with a primer underneath (for those that don’t wear foundation regularly). Works well with darker skin—although I’d be careful with putting too much on, because even though it’s translucent, it does change the appearance of your skin tone a tiny bit Cons: too much powder comes out—I wish the container was designed a little differently so that a measured amount of powder is released. Wish it gave a more matte look, but it’s meant to create a “soft-focus” appearance, which is nice also.
Rhonda M.
When you open this up it is very clean and very cute. It is $38 for one ounce. Once that shock value wears off and you purchase it and use it, it claims you get velvety smooth look and feel to your face. I have been using this product about a year and a half. It advises you to use a sponge to apply the powder. I used the one it came with the first day. I’ve never used it since. I use my brush now. The powder is very fine. I apply it first of all on the places I put concealer. Then I put it where I plan on placing contour. It is very messy. It is so fine and when you are using it it does go everywhere. This is not a powder I travel with. A little bit of the powder does blend out pretty much on your whole face. I don’t look shiny at all when I wear it. It is translucent and you can most definitely see your foundation color after it’s applied. It makes me look bright all over. It is universal for all skin tones. It doesn’t make you look powdery or ashy and it doesn’t dry your face out. I honestly give this powder a 10 out of a 10.
Morgan H.
Huntingdon Vy, PA
Review for: TRANSLUCENT - LEVELS 1-4 more...
This is by no means a bad translucent powder, but the matte finish on my dry skin is not flattering. There’s no SPF, but I didn’t expect it too. While it does keep makeup in place I wouldn’t purchase again because it’s just too drying for my skin type. I normally stay very far away from powders in general because they tend to cling and emphasize all the dryness my skin already has. And since I’m trying to avoid that at all costs, this powder just isn’t for me and my skin type. I do use this powder a ton on clients, (I’m a makeup artist) but I don’t like it on myself. I think if you have more combo/oily skin that you would probably love this like most people I know with more oily skin. But if you are dry like me, I have so many other loose powders that I like way more than this. Even have drugstore loose powders I like a lot better than this. I do typically go for more “glowy loose powder.” My current holy grail being Hourglass Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder. But for a more matte finish translucent powder, my go-to has been the a Thrive Causemetics Filtered Effects Soft Focus HD Setting Powder™. Both of these powders I tagged flattering my skin type much more than the LM one. So again, the LM is a great product for more oily skin and I’m sure some dry skin people love it too- just me personally, I’m not a fan of the way if makes my skin look and I’ve seen better makeup days when I’m not using this to set either my concealer or full face (extremely rare for me)
Maureen A.
Houston
Review for: TRANSLUCENT MEDIUM DEEP - LEVELS 5-6 more...
This is by far my favorite powder it’s so soft and sets foundation so wonderfully without creasing! I have oily skin and so I have problems keeping foundations set for longer periods of time but this powder works magic with any type of foundation I wear and keeps oily skin at bay. The only qualm I have with this powder (specifically with the shades) is the translucent powder sometimes comes off a little ashy under the eyes and the medium/deep only works for all over the face if you are light to medium toned dark skin. For darker skin tones it is great for under eyes!
Julia V.
San Francisco, CA
This product is so highly raved about, and for good reason. It’s excellent, my favorite setting powder. I don’t know how it does it, but its translucent loose powder formula is clearly superior to other brands. It’s expensive but Sephora has a mini version that will last a long time. I put this on after I finish my liquid foundation and concealer (before eyebrows, bronzer/contouring, blush, and highlight). It holds my concealer in place all day with minimal creasing and it allows my contour to glide right on my cheek bones without looking blocky. After applying this, my face feels like velvet. I love the mattifying effect. My face is dry sometimes because of drying topical acne medication, and even though I like the matte look mattifying products sometimes make my face look too dry. Not this one. It’s great and I will keep re-purchasing.
Katy F.
West Palm Beach
I think everybody loves this powder! Everybody loves this powder because it's an amazing translucent powder! It's as simple as that it is truly an amazing setting powder that's my number one favorite out of any! It sets my makeup all day and it does not get cakey or cracked it never looks overdone or anything. Another thing I love about it is that I can use it with a brush and I can't even get a damp Beauty sponge sometimes I even like to spray it with some mac Fix Plus and then dip it in the powder and then use it to set my makeup at kind of helps it to stay even longer. After moisturizer, primer, Foundation, concealer, cream highlight Contour that's a lot of layers of stuff to put on your face so the fact that this powder holds everything together without it ever getting cakey is amazing I just love it I can't say enough great things about it! 5 Stars 500 Stars LOL!
Jeri S.
Centereach, NY
MY experience with the product:: I know EVERYONE absolutely raves about this setting powder...and it IS great....HOWEVER...it has Talc in it. Talc (for ME) can make powders look/feel very cakey and heavy. I so desperately wanted this powder to work for me, and be my holy grail...I was positive this powder would “save my face/foundation “ from the separation issues I have been having!....but alas did it the complete opposite.
I tend to have separation issues around my mouth and nose area, I also have creased and deep bagged under eyes...and this just settled into every nook, crease and cranny.
So I literally have an almost $40 powder that I will most likely never use.
I am 34yo and my skin has changed A LOT in the last 10years. I have major texture issues, deep laugh lines around my mouth and scowl RBF lines between my eyebrows/on forehead. I have sun damage and dark spots thanks to my weird obsession/need to pop pimples and blackheads...
My skin is DRY DRY DRY in some areas (between eyebrows, around my mouth area and sometimes my forehead) .

About the powder as a product::
The powder feels soft, and velvety when swatched/applied to the skin. There is ZERO flash back and can be used as a bake or setting powder...depending on your preferences.
Jazmin L.
Littleton, CO
Translucent Loose Setting Powder locks in makeup for long-lasting wear, without adding weight or texture. This is a silky powder with a touch of sheer coverage to set your makeup for a lasting wear. It has a matte finish with a touch of sheer coverage, while it absorbs oil and reduces shine all day. The powder is a little denser than an average powder, providing super smooth, even application and blending. There is no-flashback, which means you'll look great in photos, and it creates a soft-focus effect to subtly blur the look of fine lines and imperfections. It claims that it will not settle into fine lines or pores and never looks cakey.

I purchased this product since every beauty guru claims it to be the best translucent setting powder. It’s a great setting powder because it does absorb all my oils but it doesn’t stop my under eyes from creasing, plus it makes my makeup look cakey. Nonetheless, these truly translucent shades work on all skin tones—from the fairest to the deepest.
yvette s.
Overland Park, KS
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder is a tinted loose talc-based powder. The formula provides very light coverage and controls shine with the addition of corn starch

This setting powder is a cult favorite, award winning product. It’s also the #1 selling setting powder at Sephora.

So, let’s talk about what a setting powder even is. The purpose of this product is to SET your makeup without adding any heavy coverage or color to your skin. If you suffer from combination skin, like mine which is both oily and dry, this product is perfect for you. I usually just blend this in with a makeup brush or use a beauty blender to conceal under my eyes and highlight my forehead. The product comes with a petite puff, but I prefer using a makeup brush to effectively blend the powder into my skin.
Franki R.
Rivesville, WV
This is one of my HOLY GRAIL products!! I do have combination to oily skin so I do use a lot of powder. I am also an avid face baker and this powder is PERFECT for that use. I have many powders that I seem to only use certain ones on certain areas of the face. The Laura Mercier powder is one of my few powders that I think works GREAT anyway and anywhere you use it. I had always purchased the Translucent #1, which seems to have a slight more yellowish tint- but this last time I purchased the Translucent #2- which isn’t a darker shade, but it has a more pinkish undertone and as a fair skinned women, I think I like it even better. This powder isn’t the cheapest and you can find other powders that can do a similar job, but I definitely think it is a product worth splurging on.Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder
Yomari R.
Perris , CA
Is this product good for people with oily skin?
Amber J.
Chesapeake, VA
Where can I find this product?
Mercedes R.
Yuma , AZ
I been wanting a new setting powder. How good is this on.
Taryn R.
Morganton, NC
Why is everyone always raving about this powder on YouTube? Is it really worth it?
Alex R.
Grand Rapids, MI
Currently I'm using the elf translucent powder but I've watched a lot of makeup tutorials that use this powder. I tend to have dryer skin. Does anyone with dry skin have any issues with this product?

Sephora