Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting PowderInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2018

BY LAURA MERCIER #2 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

A silky powder with a touch of sheer coverage to set makeup for long wear. Multiple award-winning. Cult favorite.

Sets makeup for long-lasting wear, without adding weight or texture. This "best in beauty" bestseller creates a modern matte finish with a touch of sheer coverage. Absorbs oil and reduces shine all day. Pros know why it's their favorite: the powder is a little denser than an average powder, providing super smooth, even application and blending. No-flashback formula means you'll look great in photos. Soft-focus effect subtly blurs the look of fine lines and imperfections. Doesn't settle into fine lines or pores and never looks cakey. Now in two shades, to offer a translucent finish for every skintone, from the fairest to the deepest.  The Original Translucent shade works best for fair to medium and tan skin tones while the new shade Translucent Medium Deep was designed to work best on medium deep to the very deepest skin tones, so every skin can enjoy a perfectly flawless, translucent finish.

Translucent: Perfect for Fair to Medium Skin tones

Translucent Medium Deep: Perfect for Medium Deep to the Deepest Skintones​

Research Results: 100% Love It

We shared Translucent Loose Setting Powder with women, and after 2 weeks, they raved:

• 100% said it's the key to long-lasting makeup, ensuring makeup lasts throughout the day.
  • 100% said it is lightweight.
  • 100% said it does not look cakey on skin.
  • 100% said it controls and reduces shine.
  • 97% said it absorbs excess oil.

Apply this powder with the Laura Mercier Velour Puff to create a soft, matte finish for a look that will last all day.

Usage:

Preparing the puff is key: press the VELOUR PUFF into the loose powder, then work the powder into the puff by folding and rubbing the halves together, or by tapping the powdered side vigorously on back of hand.

Gently press puff onto skin, using a rolling motion to "work" the powder in. (Around eyes, use SECRET BRIGHTENING POWDER FOR UNDER EYES.)

As with all Setting Powders, apply after any creamy formulas, including cream blush.

PRO TIP

When your entire makeup application is complete, including color, give your skin a velvety, finished look by using the POWDER BRUSH to apply Translucent Loose Setting Powder to sides of cheeks, center of forehead, nose, and tip of chin.

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Lauroyl Lysine, Propylparaben, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Butylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Methicone. May Contain/ Peut Contenir/(+/-): Ci 77007 (Ultramarines), Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides).

• Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder does this...10 Answers
  • Is this product good for people with oily skin?84 Answers
MARYMARGARETTE G.
Skokie, IL
Purchased at: Nordstrom
I have actually been using this powder for 37 years. I remember I had to go to Saks Fifth Avenue in Illinois at Old Orchard to buy it, as no one else carried Laura Mercier. I have no idea what made me try it in the first place. Back then there were like the Big 5, Estee lauder's, Lancome, Dior, Chanel, Clinique and that was about it, so whatever made me reach out to Laura Mercier I have no idea, but I'm so happy I did because from the moment I started using it I fell in love with it. I had been a Chanel girl for the last five years, all through college and for some reason I just preferred Laura Mercier on my skin and still do. That's not to say that I still don't love Chanel, cuz I do. I just love the translucent powder from Laura Mercier it's a V plus plus. Lots of love Gracie
Abby H.
Review for: TRANSLUCENT - LEVELS 1-4 more...
This picture is from after a full day of classes and a workout... (I don’t usually workout with makeup on.) Clearly, it kept my makeup up to par all day long.

This sucker is pricey, but it’s well worth the price. I got a mini version of this from influenster, and a little goes a very long way. That being said, I won’t be as upset to fork over $39 for the big container.

I’ve found this to be the only SETTING powder that doesn’t irritate my skin. I have sensitive, combo, acne-prone skin. No zits, no oiliness, no patchiness, NOTHING.

Please buy if you enjoy your makeup lasting all day long. You won’t regret the purchase!
Quyen N.
Moreno Valley
Review for: TRANSLUCENT - LEVELS 1-4 more...
For anyone who loves baking. This is a very great translucent powder to add to your makeup bag. It helps with oily skin and definitely passed the flash test if anyone is wondering. Use a sponge to apply this powder to where you want to set your makeup, usually the under eyes, leave it on for about 5-10 mins, sweep it away with a brush and your makeup is set. This helped my skin stayed matte and dry the whole day since I have very oily skin. Would recommend this. The only reason I’m giving this a 4 star is because of its price. But other than that it is an amazing product. <3
morgan B.
McDonough , GA
Review for: TRANSLUCENT - LEVELS 1-4 more...
You know whats not fun? When people hype up expensive make up brands for no reason. I have used Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder for about a year and it cost 8$ however, since everyone was still hyping up laura mercier translucent setting powder, I decided to splurge. Was it worth the splurge of 39$ for 1 oz of powder? Absolutely not, I would say it works just as good as Coty does. Which at a price point of 8$ or 39$ and they work almost the same, of course it’s ridiculous to spend 31$ just for a brand name.
Ana L.
Staten Island
Review for: TRANSLUCENT - LEVELS 1-4 more...
Laura’s powder is a classic . It’s the powder I go to when I want something safe and reliable . It’s definitely a good powder I just feel as if there are a few better powders out there . It smooths out my under eye so nicely , It’s just a little dry all over my face . If you have oily skin this would be great at controlling your oils , however drier skin types can use this but is not the optimal powder for you. Additionally, the powder is pricy although you do get a lot of product ( 1 fluid ounce )
Aaliyah M.
Huntingtn Bch, CA
Backstory: I bought this product because I was looking for something that would reduce the natural shine my skin has. It’s not particularly oily or anything but it has this shine that I don’t like since I prefer a matte finish. Unfortunately, I can’t use most mattifying products, like gels/primers, because I have uber-sensitive skin and they cause me to break out. I also don’t wear foundation so I needed a product that would work alone to reduce my shiny skin and this really does the trick. It is NOT incredibly mattifying but does reduce the amount of shine that I have. It minimizes the appearance of pores and makes my skin look more even and smooth, ESPECIALLY when my picture is taken. Flash can be my worst enemy and this product really minimizes my imperfections in pictures. Pros: Good value- you get a lot of product. This will last me forever. Very finely milled. Reduces shine. Works wonderfully with a primer underneath (for those that don’t wear foundation regularly). Works well with darker skin—although I’d be careful with putting too much on, because even though it’s translucent, it does change the appearance of your skin tone a tiny bit Cons: too much powder comes out—I wish the container was designed a little differently so that a measured amount of powder is released. Wish it gave a more matte look, but it’s meant to create a “soft-focus” appearance, which is nice also.
Parichehr K.
Eugene , OR
Review for: TRANSLUCENT - LEVELS 1-4 more...
This worked really well. I like the way it smooches my makeup and perfects it after applying. The only thing that is a bit annoying is the application. After putting on a face full of makeup, I don’t really want to dab it with a powder and then smooth it out with a brush. There are really good makeup setting sprays now that achieve the same with much easier application. But overall, I really liked it in that achieves the same results as a setting spray, just the application is annoying.
Jackie R.
Purchased at: Sephora
This is the best setting powder I've ever encountered. It's truly translucent, leaving no hint of color in the skin. It's milled so finely that it seems to glide over and into every skin surface giving the appearance of perfection. It sets my under eye concealer like a dream and has no detectable fragrance (which I love).

I find that a little goes a very long way with this product which helps make it feel even more with the price.
Jessica A.
South Gate
Review for: TRANSLUCENT - LEVELS 1-4 more...
I really love this powder. It sets really well. I first tried it with the small one and i loved it. I use it with a small puff pad or whatever it is called. It doesnt give flashback or atleast not thag i know of. It is light weight. Recently i started to get some dryness from it but because my face has been very dry lately. But before that i wouldnt at all. I just need to remoisturize my face but besides that i love it. I use it to set under the eye and on my forehead and nose and chin and then i just use it with a brush loosely on my whole face.
Rhonda M.
Charlotte, NC
When you open this up it is very clean and very cute. It is $38 for one ounce. Once that shock value wears off and you purchase it and use it, it claims you get velvety smooth look and feel to your face. I have been using this product about a year and a half. It advises you to use a sponge to apply the powder. I used the one it came with the first day. I’ve never used it since. I use my brush now. The powder is very fine. I apply it first of all on the places I put concealer. Then I put it where I plan on placing contour. It is very messy. It is so fine and when you are using it it does go everywhere. This is not a powder I travel with. A little bit of the powder does blend out pretty much on your whole face. I don’t look shiny at all when I wear it. It is translucent and you can most definitely see your foundation color after it’s applied. It makes me look bright all over. It is universal for all skin tones. It doesn’t make you look powdery or ashy and it doesn’t dry your face out. I honestly give this powder a 10 out of a 10.
Yomari R.
Perris , CA
Is this product good for people with oily skin?
Amber t.
virginia beach
Where can I find this product?
Mercedes R.
Yuma, AZ
I been wanting a new setting powder. How good is this on.
Taryn R.
Morganton, NC
Why is everyone always raving about this powder on YouTube? Is it really worth it?
Alex R.
Grand Rapids, MI
Currently I'm using the elf translucent powder but I've watched a lot of makeup tutorials that use this powder. I tend to have dryer skin. Does anyone with dry skin have any issues with this product?

Sephora