Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting PowderInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner

BY LAURA MERCIER #1 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

A silky powder with a touch of sheer coverage to set makeup for long wear. Multiple award-winning. Cult favorite.

Sets makeup for long-lasting wear, without adding weight or texture. This "best in beauty" bestseller creates a modern matte finish with a touch of sheer coverage. Absorbs oil and reduces shine all day. Pros know why it's their favorite: the powder is a little denser than an average powder, providing super smooth, even application and blending. No-flashback formula means you'll look great in photos. Soft-focus effect subtly blurs the look of fine lines and imperfections. Doesn't settle into fine lines or pores and never looks cakey. Now in two shades, to offer a translucent finish for every skintone, from the fairest to the deepest.  The Original Translucent shade works best for fair to medium and tan skin tones while the new shade Translucent Medium Deep was designed to work best on medium deep to the very deepest skin tones, so every skin can enjoy a perfectly flawless, translucent finish.

Translucent: Perfect for Fair to Medium Skin tones

Translucent Medium Deep: Perfect for Medium Deep to the Deepest Skintones

Research Results: 100% Love It

We shared Translucent Loose Setting Powder with women, and after 2 weeks, they raved:

• 100% said it's the key to long-lasting makeup, ensuring makeup lasts throughout the day.
  • 100% said it is lightweight.
  • 100% said it does not look cakey on skin.
  • 100% said it controls and reduces shine.
  • 97% said it absorbs excess oil.

Apply this powder with the Laura Mercier Velour Puff to create a soft, matte finish for a look that will last all day.

• Is this product good for people with oily skin?70 Answers
  • Are there any dupes for this product ? Because it's really expensive5 Answers
  • What is so special about this translucent powder? I'm curious to kn...1 Answers
Q&A (1918)
Buy on Sephora*
Lacee L.
Lacee L.
gonzales, LA
This product gets so much hype on Youtube, but with good reason. It took me awhile to find use for this product because I have oily skin. First of all, this powder is by Laura Mercier and retails for about $38. The price is a little steep for one ounce of product. It comes in a screw canister made of a durable plastic. There are holes for the product to come out. This kind of packaging is very well-done and is much less of a mess than the Coty Airspun powder. Most people use this to set their makeup after applying foundation, but I have tried that a few times. It does not provide enough oil control for me, so I found another use for it. I find the finish very lovely and desirable...almost flawless, but after a few hours, I must blot. I use it BEFORE I apply foundation. I use such a small amount with a large powder blush and it gives a nice surface for my foundation to cling onto. I also use oil-control primer on my t-zone. After applying foundation, I set it with my Rimmel Stay Matte setting powder. Combining these two products has helped my makeup last so much longer and keep my oil at bay. In other words, I enjoy this powder very much and will continue to purchase. A little bit goes a long way, so there's no need to use too much. Use less to save money because this stuff is not cheap.
Sandy S.
Sandy S.
Love, love love! I've been on a hunt for the perfect setting powder for sooo long. I wanted something colorless, smooth and finely milled, and not full of silica that will ruin your flash photos. This stuff is great. I this is probably 3 times the price of the setting powders I've used in the past, but it's definitely worth it. It doesn't leave any color or chalkiness (it may on dark skin, not sure), it's super smooth and finely milled, and leaves a perfect finish to your foundation, or concealer, or just a bare face. It's great for under your eyes to set your concealer too. If you get the LM Undercover Pot concealer duo, this is the powder that it comes with, so that's further evidence that it's great for setting under eye concealer. This stuff stays put, helps your foundation stay put, controls oil, doesn't stick to dry patches, and just really is a great finishing touch to your makeup. I will buy again, though it won't be for a long time since you get a ton of product which makes the price not hurt so much. The packaging is sturdy and functions very well. The sifter doesn't have huge holes and the holes are just the right size to get out the perfect amount. And then you have the big lid to get the powder on your brush or puff just the way you like it. It may be too big for travel,
Kala D.
Kala D.
Hands down, one of the best beauty products that I have ever purchased. I heard the rave about this product for months before I decided to buy, but it was well worth the money. This powder sets my face so well that I never have to worry about my face getting oily or my makeup wearing off, even on the hottest days. With this, I can use any cream product that I want to and achieve flawless results. I really think I could apply dollar store foundation to my face and it would look better than a high end product after I set it with this powder. This is also the only thing that keeps my under eye concealer from creasing. There are so many uses for this and that's why I love it. I have worn it all day on multiple occasions, and I would definitely say it will last 12+ hours. I have tried other setting powders and they didn't work nearly as good, not to mention they all smelled of pure silicone, while this one has no smell. I would recommend to all makeup lovers & will definitely repurchase.
Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
I usually don't fall for the makeup type that comes from youtube but after hearing from plenty of people with oily skin, large pores and aging skin that they had a regimen that worked to keep my makeup on my face and looking flawless I had to give it a shot so I purchased this, the porefessional, urban decay all nighter spray and foundation and used them all. Not only did this powder sink into lines and baggy eyes I didn't even know I had but it made me look like a powdery ghost even though I applied with my $54 kabuki brush that blends great. I tried applying fix plus with a beauty blender on top of the powder and using barely any product but it still happened. The only reason im giving it three stars is because it did perfect and blur my skin a bit all by itself or on top of primer. If it wasn't for the other things I can't stand it would be a light foundation replacement but it's not for me and my problems. Not to mention it didn't make my makeup last longer when I tested it.
Djenaba B.
Djenaba B.
Brooklyn, NY
Review for: Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder
So this will be my first and final setting powder. Not sure how you can try this and want to try anything else. I've never used setting powder before but the more I get into makeup the more I learn about how and different ways I can do my makeup and look flawless. In my learning process I learned the different uses of setting powder and went on a hunt for a good setting powder and the one I kept coming across was Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder. At first I opposed because I didn't want to spend $38 on a single product which I felt was pretty pricey and figured maybe there are some that are similar for a cheaper price. Now I'm a WOC so there isn't much powders out there that compliment our skin so it was pretty hard finding dupes. One day I said what the hell and bought and I have to say it is the best $38 I've spent. I only use this product to set my under eye concealer and sometimes other parts of my face when I want to control my oily T-zone.
Natacha G.
Natacha G.
Review for: Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder
Pros: It will set your face. It will make you look airbrushed when you first apply it. It will matte-ify you. You can use a brush. You can use a beauty blender. It is scent-free and easy to apply. It does not impart a colour even onto the palest NC15 face. YouTube "gurus" love it. It will set your under-eye concealer. Cons: The packaging is awkward and can be messy. Whatever you do, don't expose all of the holes! AHH product everywhere! After looking flawless and airbrushed for 15 minutes, if you are an oil slick like I am, as your pores secrete their grossness your face will start to resemble chunky cake batter. Your previously flawless, childlike under-eye area will look creased and crepe-y no matter how sparingly you applied the powder, and you will basically look rough. Really rough. And old.
Works best on oily skin, if your skin is drier, I would pass and look for something like the RCMA powder or NYC powder which is a lot cheaper.
Priscilla S.
Priscilla S.
Rochester, NY
This is - hands down - the best setting powder for people (like me) that have 1. Oily skin, 2. Dark under eye circles (sets concealer perfectly) and 3. Don't enjoy being constantly concerned about their makeup falling off their face. I find the biggest significance when it comes to Laura's loose setting powder is in the technique.. The thing that I like best is the powderpuff that comes with this particular size (0.33 oz) and packaging. Although you can purchase one separately, it's not the same size. This one is smaller and fits into the smaller parts of your face (under eyes , around nose, chin, etc)! Also this size is not too big to carry around, if you would rather opt out of having Laura's translucent pressed compact for those lunch break refreshments... Not to mention, it can get heavy on the pocket book too! Also while Laura Mercier may be a bit costly, they are also doing the body good - not just making it look so! :-)
My Beautiful Flaws ..
My Beautiful Flaws ..
Collierville , TN
Several months ago I was on the hunt for the perfect translucent powder, one that I could use to set my undereye makeup but also use on my face. I purchased around 8 different powders, including this one. I tested each one every day and honestly couldn't find anything that compared to the beautiful finish that the Laura Mercier powder provided. Let's start with the basics... it isn't cakey, and that's important because there's nothing worse than the look of having a heavy, cakey powder sitting on your face that everyone can clearly see. It blends beautifully and gives my overall makeup look a flawless finish. It doesn't change the color of my favorite makeup products. That's important because I want my favorite blush color to appear true to color. Finally, it lasts all day and keeps my makeup in place. Yes, I highly recommend this product. You can't go wrong with this choice!
Jessica E.
Jessica E.
San Diego, CA
I have mixed feelings about this powder. It works great to help brighten up the face with it being so translucent and light. The powder itself is extremely smooth and lightweight. It's probably one of the softest powders I've ever felt. It is long lasting and keeps my makeup in place all day though sometimes I find that it looks patchy and I don't know why. I've tried using it with a beauty blender (baking) and with a brush and sometimes it doesn't settle right and can ruin my make up. Another draw back is the packaging. While it is simple and pretty, the container is comes in doesn't work to well to keep it contained. Not matter what, every time I open it, powder flies everywhere! The only reason I bought the powder was because the hype around it. It is a good powder and I will use up what I have left of it for sure, but I don't think I will be repurchasing it in the future.
Lauren B.
Lauren B.
Dover, DE
I'm going to go against the Majority rule here but this powder did not work for me! It is known as a "holy grail" product in the makeup community, and when I ran out of my Cover FX Illuminating setting powder (which is amazing btw) I headed to Sephora to pick this up. You get 1 oz for $38.00 which in my opinion, is a lot of bang for your buck. I've had it about two weeks, I've tried it with My Sigma, Sephora And Morphe brushes and I've come to the conclusion I just don't like it!! I'm pale, and even though it's transculcent It messes up the color of my Estée Lauder foundation. It makes my skin color look.. OFF. I've tried patting, buffing, swirling it on.. And nothing works. I'm sure it works for others but Pale girls maybe not so much. Bummed out about this. I'm getting the Kat Von D powder maybe that will work.
Yomari R.
Yomari R.
Perris , CA
Is this product good for people with oily skin?
Amber J.
Amber J.
Jacksonville, FL
Where can I find this product?
Mercedes R.
Mercedes R.
Yuma, AZ
I been wanting a new setting powder. How good is this on.
Alex R.
Alex R.
Grand Rapids, MI
Currently I'm using the elf translucent powder but I've watched a lot of makeup tutorials that use this powder. I tend to have dryer skin. Does anyone with dry skin have any issues with this product?
Taryn R.
Taryn R.
Morganton, NC
Why is everyone always raving about this powder on YouTube? Is it really worth it?