Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting PowderInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2018

BY LAURA MERCIER #1 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

A silky powder with a touch of sheer coverage to set makeup for long wear. Multiple award-winning. Cult favorite.

Sets makeup for long-lasting wear, without adding weight or texture. This "best in beauty" bestseller creates a modern matte finish with a touch of sheer coverage. Absorbs oil and reduces shine all day. Pros know why it's their favorite: the powder is a little denser than an average powder, providing super smooth, even application and blending. No-flashback formula means you'll look great in photos. Soft-focus effect subtly blurs the look of fine lines and imperfections. Doesn't settle into fine lines or pores and never looks cakey. Now in two shades, to offer a translucent finish for every skintone, from the fairest to the deepest.  The Original Translucent shade works best for fair to medium and tan skin tones while the new shade Translucent Medium Deep was designed to work best on medium deep to the very deepest skin tones, so every skin can enjoy a perfectly flawless, translucent finish.

Translucent: Perfect for Fair to Medium Skin tones

Translucent Medium Deep: Perfect for Medium Deep to the Deepest Skintones​

Research Results: 100% Love It

We shared Translucent Loose Setting Powder with women, and after 2 weeks, they raved:

• 100% said it's the key to long-lasting makeup, ensuring makeup lasts throughout the day.
  • 100% said it is lightweight.
  • 100% said it does not look cakey on skin.
  • 100% said it controls and reduces shine.
  • 97% said it absorbs excess oil.

Apply this powder with the Laura Mercier Velour Puff to create a soft, matte finish for a look that will last all day.

Usage:

Preparing the puff is key: press the VELOUR PUFF into the loose powder, then work the powder into the puff by folding and rubbing the halves together, or by tapping the powdered side vigorously on back of hand.

Gently press puff onto skin, using a rolling motion to "work" the powder in. (Around eyes, use SECRET BRIGHTENING POWDER FOR UNDER EYES.)

As with all Setting Powders, apply after any creamy formulas, including cream blush.

PRO TIP

When your entire makeup application is complete, including color, give your skin a velvety, finished look by using the POWDER BRUSH to apply Translucent Loose Setting Powder to sides of cheeks, center of forehead, nose, and tip of chin.

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Lauroyl Lysine, Propylparaben, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Butylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Methicone. May Contain/ Peut Contenir/(+/-): Ci 77007 (Ultramarines), Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides).

• Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder does this...8 Answers
  • Is this product good for people with oily skin?82 Answers
Aaliyah M.
Huntingtn Bch, CA
Review for: Translucent more...
Backstory: I bought this product because I was looking for something that would reduce the natural shine my skin has. It’s not particularly oily or anything but it has this shine that I don’t like since I prefer a matte finish. Unfortunately, I can’t use most mattifying products, like gels/primers, because I have uber-sensitive skin and they cause me to break out. I also don’t wear foundation so I needed a product that would work alone to reduce my shiny skin and this really does the trick. It is NOT incredibly mattifying but does reduce the amount of shine that I have. It minimizes the appearance of pores and makes my skin look more even and smooth, ESPECIALLY when my picture is taken. Flash can be my worst enemy and this product really minimizes my imperfections in pictures. Pros: Good value- you get a lot of product. This will last me forever. Very finely milled. Reduces shine. Works wonderfully with a primer underneath (for those that don’t wear foundation regularly). Works well with darker skin—although I’d be careful with putting too much on, because even though it’s translucent, it does change the appearance of your skin tone a tiny bit Cons: too much powder comes out—I wish the container was designed a little differently so that a measured amount of powder is released. Wish it gave a more matte look, but it’s meant to create a “soft-focus” appearance, which is nice also.
Rhonda M.
Review for: Loose Setting Powder - Translucent - Laura Mercier - Powder - Loose Setting Powder - 29g/1oz more...
When you open this up it is very clean and very cute. It is $38 for one ounce. Once that shock value wears off and you purchase it and use it, it claims you get velvety smooth look and feel to your face. I have been using this product about a year and a half. It advises you to use a sponge to apply the powder. I used the one it came with the first day. I’ve never used it since. I use my brush now. The powder is very fine. I apply it first of all on the places I put concealer. Then I put it where I plan on placing contour. It is very messy. It is so fine and when you are using it it does go everywhere. This is not a powder I travel with. A little bit of the powder does blend out pretty much on your whole face. I don’t look shiny at all when I wear it. It is translucent and you can most definitely see your foundation color after it’s applied. It makes me look bright all over. It is universal for all skin tones. It doesn’t make you look powdery or ashy and it doesn’t dry your face out. I honestly give this powder a 10 out of a 10.
Maureen A.
Houston
Review for: TRANSLUCENT MEDIUM DEEP - LEVELS 5-6 more...
This is by far my favorite powder it’s so soft and sets foundation so wonderfully without creasing! I have oily skin and so I have problems keeping foundations set for longer periods of time but this powder works magic with any type of foundation I wear and keeps oily skin at bay. The only qualm I have with this powder (specifically with the shades) is the translucent powder sometimes comes off a little ashy under the eyes and the medium/deep only works for all over the face if you are light to medium toned dark skin. For darker skin tones it is great for under eyes!
Krystie M.
Old Forge
Review for: TRANSLUCENT - LEVELS 1-4 more...
If I could give this more stars I would. The first time I used this I panicked, it applies almost white. I was super worried. Then, as I pressed it into my face, it just melted in and looked like second skin. It was amazing. Even if I bake with it, it always blends or brushes away perfectly. It’s remarkable. I’ve never had a problem with it settling into fine lines or creases, and I’m an oily girl. At the end of the day, I do notice some, but that’s anything I’ve ever used, due to my oils. Others have reported this making their under-eyes look older, but I’ve never had it happen to me. I also don’t bake that whole area, I only ever bake where I get really oily. And even that’s not all the time. (It really is an old practice, and for very extreme makeup in extreme conditions)
I’ve also never had any flashback. Unfortunately I’m in front of the camera, a lot. Stills, videos, live, recorded, natural light, fluorescent lighting, low light, near total darkness...this powder has performed flawlessly in all of them. I only wish I found it sooner, and that Ulta carried it. (Their points system just flat out crushes Sephora)
Added bonus: reapplying, while messy, doesn’t cake or look any differently than the rest of your face. (I actually prefer the loose to the pressed, even for touch-ups)
Katie C.
Early
Review for: TRANSLUCENT - LEVELS 1-4 more...
 This is the second non-drugstore powder that I've purchased and I am seriously wow'd. In my teens and 20's, I opted for cheap translucent Cover Girl like powders, but now mid way through my 30's I certainly wish I had forked the money out sooner for a superior product such as this. I makes a huge difference in the staying power of my foundation. Not only that but it helps keep my bottom waterline from drifting with a small amount under my lash line. It never settles into fine lines and it's slightly dense but has a lovely, soft feel to it. I want to purchase the matching velour puff but currently I'm using with a brush. I'm sold. This is now a must for my routine.  Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder
Jennifer C.
Tewksbury, MA
If you have never tried Laura Mercier’s setting powder, then you haven’t lived! Despite whether you love it or hate it, it’s one of those products that everyone has to try for themselves. It is the top selling setting powder on the market! Do I believe there are better powders on the market? I do. But that’s my own opinion and based off my needs and what I look for & want from my setting powder. For me personally, I feel like the Laura Mercier powder is just a tad bit heavier feeling compared to other powders I love. Even though I have oily skin, I do experience dryness around my nose, especially the nostril area, and I find that this powder tends to cake on a bit in that area, no matter if I apply it with a brush or beauty blender. It’s not a bad product by any means! Just for myself and what I have in my own collection, I find myself reaching for different powders more than this one.
Julia V.
San Francisco, CA
This product is so highly raved about, and for good reason. It’s excellent, my favorite setting powder. I don’t know how it does it, but its translucent loose powder formula is clearly superior to other brands. It’s expensive but Sephora has a mini version that will last a long time. I put this on after I finish my liquid foundation and concealer (before eyebrows, bronzer/contouring, blush, and highlight). It holds my concealer in place all day with minimal creasing and it allows my contour to glide right on my cheek bones without looking blocky. After applying this, my face feels like velvet. I love the mattifying effect. My face is dry sometimes because of drying topical acne medication, and even though I like the matte look mattifying products sometimes make my face look too dry. Not this one. It’s great and I will keep re-purchasing.
Katy F.
West Palm Beach
I think everybody loves this powder! Everybody loves this powder because it's an amazing translucent powder! It's as simple as that it is truly an amazing setting powder that's my number one favorite out of any! It sets my makeup all day and it does not get cakey or cracked it never looks overdone or anything. Another thing I love about it is that I can use it with a brush and I can't even get a damp Beauty sponge sometimes I even like to spray it with some mac Fix Plus and then dip it in the powder and then use it to set my makeup at kind of helps it to stay even longer. After moisturizer, primer, Foundation, concealer, cream highlight Contour that's a lot of layers of stuff to put on your face so the fact that this powder holds everything together without it ever getting cakey is amazing I just love it I can't say enough great things about it! 5 Stars 500 Stars LOL!
Jeri S.
Centereach, NY
Review for: Translucent more...
MY experience with the product:: I know EVERYONE absolutely raves about this setting powder...and it IS great....HOWEVER...it has Talc in it. Talc (for ME) can make powders look/feel very cakey and heavy. I so desperately wanted this powder to work for me, and be my holy grail...I was positive this powder would “save my face/foundation “ from the separation issues I have been having!....but alas did it the complete opposite.
I tend to have separation issues around my mouth and nose area, I also have creased and deep bagged under eyes...and this just settled into every nook, crease and cranny.
So I literally have an almost $40 powder that I will most likely never use.
I am 34yo and my skin has changed A LOT in the last 10years. I have major texture issues, deep laugh lines around my mouth and scowl RBF lines between my eyebrows/on forehead. I have sun damage and dark spots thanks to my weird obsession/need to pop pimples and blackheads...
My skin is DRY DRY DRY in some areas (between eyebrows, around my mouth area and sometimes my forehead) .

About the powder as a product::
The powder feels soft, and velvety when swatched/applied to the skin. There is ZERO flash back and can be used as a bake or setting powder...depending on your preferences.
Cassie M.
Framingham
Review for: TRANSLUCENT - LEVELS 1-4 more...
This product is honestly a staple in my life. i only have two settings powders that i feel are truly worth my money, and this is one of them!

This product is worth all the hype and amazing reviews.

My skin always looks natural and glow with this product. I get afraid of products that don't make my skin look matte, because i'm afraid that it will make my oily skin look greasy throughout the day. This product defies that. My skin look natural and healthy all day without looking over powdered.

i can't say enough good things about this product.

5/5 stars.

GO BUY IT NOW
Yomari R.
Perris, CA
Is this product good for people with oily skin?
Amber J.
Chesapeake, VA
Where can I find this product?
Mercedes R.
Yuma , AZ
I been wanting a new setting powder. How good is this on.
Taryn R.
Morganton, NC
Why is everyone always raving about this powder on YouTube? Is it really worth it?
Alex R.
Grand Rapids, MI
Currently I'm using the elf translucent powder but I've watched a lot of makeup tutorials that use this powder. I tend to have dryer skin. Does anyone with dry skin have any issues with this product?

back