Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting PowderInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

BY LAURA MERCIER #1 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

A silky powder with a touch of sheer coverage to set makeup for long wear. Multiple award-winning. Cult favorite.

Sets makeup for long-lasting wear, without adding weight or texture. This "best in beauty" bestseller creates a modern matte finish with a touch of sheer coverage. Absorbs oil and reduces shine all day. Pros know why it's their favorite: the powder is a little denser than an average powder, providing super smooth, even application and blending. No-flashback formula means you'll look great in photos. Soft-focus effect subtly blurs the look of fine lines and imperfections. Doesn't settle into fine lines or pores and never looks cakey. Now in two shades, to offer a translucent finish for every skintone, from the fairest to the deepest.  The Original Translucent shade works best for fair to medium and tan skin tones while the new shade Translucent Medium Deep was designed to work best on medium deep to the very deepest skin tones, so every skin can enjoy a perfectly flawless, translucent finish.

Translucent: Perfect for Fair to Medium Skin tones

Translucent Medium Deep: Perfect for Medium Deep to the Deepest Skintones

Research Results: 100% Love It

We shared Translucent Loose Setting Powder with women, and after 2 weeks, they raved:

• 100% said it's the key to long-lasting makeup, ensuring makeup lasts throughout the day.
  • 100% said it is lightweight.
  • 100% said it does not look cakey on skin.
  • 100% said it controls and reduces shine.
  • 97% said it absorbs excess oil.

Apply this powder with the Laura Mercier Velour Puff to create a soft, matte finish for a look that will last all day.

• Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder does this leave y...5 Answers
  • Is this product good for people with oily skin?73 Answers
  • Is it the best setting powder??12 Answers
Q&A (2043)
Buy on Sephora*
Lacee L.
Gonzales , LA
This product gets so much hype on Youtube, but with good reason. It took me awhile to find use for this product because I have oily skin. First of all, this powder is by Laura Mercier and retails for about $38. The price is a little steep for one ounce of product. It comes in a screw canister made of a durable plastic. There are holes for the product to come out. This kind of packaging is very well-done and is much less of a mess than the Coty Airspun powder. Most people use this to set their makeup after applying foundation, but I have tried that a few times. It does not provide enough oil control for me, so I found another use for it. I find the finish very lovely and desirable...almost flawless, but after a few hours, I must blot. I use it BEFORE I apply foundation. I use such a small amount with a large powder blush and it gives a nice surface for my foundation to cling onto. I also use oil-control primer on my t-zone. After applying foundation, I set it with my Rimmel Stay Matte setting powder. Combining these two products has helped my makeup last so much longer and keep my oil at bay. In other words, I enjoy this powder very much and will continue to purchase. A little bit goes a long way, so there's no need to use too much. Use less to save money because this stuff is not cheap.
Kala S.
Hands down, one of the best beauty products that I have ever purchased. I heard the rave about this product for months before I decided to buy, but it was well worth the money. This powder sets my face so well that I never have to worry about my face getting oily or my makeup wearing off, even on the hottest days. With this, I can use any cream product that I want to and achieve flawless results. I really think I could apply dollar store foundation to my face and it would look better than a high end product after I set it with this powder. This is also the only thing that keeps my under eye concealer from creasing. There are so many uses for this and that's why I love it. I have worn it all day on multiple occasions, and I would definitely say it will last 12+ hours. I have tried other setting powders and they didn't work nearly as good, not to mention they all smelled of pure silicone, while this one has no smell. I would recommend to all makeup lovers & will definitely repurchase.
Natacha G.
Review for: Translucent
Pros: It will set your face. It will make you look airbrushed when you first apply it. It will matte-ify you. You can use a brush. You can use a beauty blender. It is scent-free and easy to apply. It does not impart a colour even onto the palest NC15 face. YouTube "gurus" love it. It will set your under-eye concealer. Cons: The packaging is awkward and can be messy. Whatever you do, don't expose all of the holes! AHH product everywhere! After looking flawless and airbrushed for 15 minutes, if you are an oil slick like I am, as your pores secrete their grossness your face will start to resemble chunky cake batter. Your previously flawless, childlike under-eye area will look creased and crepe-y no matter how sparingly you applied the powder, and you will basically look rough. Really rough. And old.
Works best on oily skin, if your skin is drier, I would pass and look for something like the RCMA powder or NYC powder which is a lot cheaper.
Priscilla S.
Rochester, NY
This is - hands down - the best setting powder for people (like me) that have 1. Oily skin, 2. Dark under eye circles (sets concealer perfectly) and 3. Don't enjoy being constantly concerned about their makeup falling off their face. I find the biggest significance when it comes to Laura's loose setting powder is in the technique.. The thing that I like best is the powderpuff that comes with this particular size (0.33 oz) and packaging. Although you can purchase one separately, it's not the same size. This one is smaller and fits into the smaller parts of your face (under eyes , around nose, chin, etc)! Also this size is not too big to carry around, if you would rather opt out of having Laura's translucent pressed compact for those lunch break refreshments... Not to mention, it can get heavy on the pocket book too! Also while Laura Mercier may be a bit costly, they are also doing the body good - not just making it look so! :-)
Jessica E.
San Diego, CA
I have mixed feelings about this powder. It works great to help brighten up the face with it being so translucent and light. The powder itself is extremely smooth and lightweight. It's probably one of the softest powders I've ever felt. It is long lasting and keeps my makeup in place all day though sometimes I find that it looks patchy and I don't know why. I've tried using it with a beauty blender (baking) and with a brush and sometimes it doesn't settle right and can ruin my make up. Another draw back is the packaging. While it is simple and pretty, the container is comes in doesn't work to well to keep it contained. Not matter what, every time I open it, powder flies everywhere! The only reason I bought the powder was because the hype around it. It is a good powder and I will use up what I have left of it for sure, but I don't think I will be repurchasing it in the future.
Lauren B.
Dover, DE
I'm going to go against the Majority rule here but this powder did not work for me! It is known as a "holy grail" product in the makeup community, and when I ran out of my Cover FX Illuminating setting powder (which is amazing btw) I headed to Sephora to pick this up. You get 1 oz for $38.00 which in my opinion, is a lot of bang for your buck. I've had it about two weeks, I've tried it with My Sigma, Sephora And Morphe brushes and I've come to the conclusion I just don't like it!! I'm pale, and even though it's transculcent It messes up the color of my Estée Lauder foundation. It makes my skin color look.. OFF. I've tried patting, buffing, swirling it on.. And nothing works. I'm sure it works for others but Pale girls maybe not so much. Bummed out about this. I'm getting the Kat Von D powder maybe that will work.
Alicia M.
Weston, FL
Review for: Translucent
I purchased this way before the hype but let me the one to tell you that yes, yes, yes, the hype is real. This powder is a must have for me. Whether you want to bake or just set your makeup with a powder, you can’t go wrong with the Laura Mercier translucent powder. It’s oil absorbing, reduces shine, and has a sheer coverage. An oily girls dream come true.

It’s very light, doesn’t emphasize my pores, or make me look cakey. I don’t really use this to set my makeup during the winter months, because my skin tends to be on the dry side. But I always use it to bake and set my under eye area and it makes me look so flawless. During the warmer months I tend to get much oiler and this powder is a life saver. If you’re an oily girl, this is definitely holy grail material.
Elizabeth G.
Hialeah, FL
I loved this setting powder because of how well it set my makeup and left me looking matte the entire day(and I live in Florida where it is super humid). I apply this with a makeup sponge which makes it a lot easier to use compared to a powder brush. It can be a little messy but since it is essentially colorless, it doesn't leave any stain on your clothes or floor if it spills. My only major con with this product was the packaging! For some reason the plastic border would break apart and eventually the whole thing broke and a lot of product would spill without me noticing. I felt like a lot of product was wasted due to the design of the product. I will probably repurchase this but in the travel size so I am less likely to waste product.
Crystal P.
Albuquerque , NM
This powder is MAGIC! I was late to the game and didn't purchase this until April of this year. The price tag was enough to keep me from getting it every time I thought about buying it. I finally bit the bullet and purchased it. I don't know why or how I kept so long from using this but, I'm never using another setting powder again. This stuff is perfect. I'm not a fan of translucent setting powders because I always end up with a white cast and it makes my skin so matte that it brings out my fine lines. This doesn't do EITHER of that. It's super silky soft and doesn't leave a white cast behind at all. There is never an issue of it settling into fine lines either. I'm in love. I pray they never discontinue this. I'd be heartbroken.
Carrie W.
Oakland, CA
This really is the best of the best when it comes to loose powder. It has a super-fine texture and never looks cakey. It does a fantastic job at combatting shine and keeping your make up looking fresh. It does not clog pores at all and it really does extend the life of your makeup throughout the day.

I really like the translucent shade because, unlike most powders out there, it really is translucent. It doesn't give your face a whiter look . . . it really is virtually invisible.

The coolest part about this is that you get A LOT of powder for your money, so it's well worth it.

This powder gives your face a beautiful, natural finish. It lets your complexion shine through and keeps oils at bay.

A very excellent buy!
Yomari R.
Perris , CA
Is this product good for people with oily skin?
Amber J.
Chesapeake, VA
Where can I find this product?
Mercedes R.
Yuma, AZ
I been wanting a new setting powder. How good is this on.
Taryn R.
Morganton, NC
Why is everyone always raving about this powder on YouTube? Is it really worth it?
Alex R.
Grand Rapids , MI
Currently I'm using the elf translucent powder but I've watched a lot of makeup tutorials that use this powder. I tend to have dryer skin. Does anyone with dry skin have any issues with this product?