BY LAURA MERCIER

A 12-hour wear, photo-ready foundation for a flawless, natural-looking finish. The moisturizing, long-wear formula blends seamlessly onto skin, hiding even hard-to-cover imperfections. Intensely pigmented, it provides full-coverage, feels comfortable on the skin, and increases the skin's luminosity and radiance. It's infused with a silk protein blend to help retain and deliver moisture to normal to dry skin, leaving a photo-ready finish that's perfectly photogenic for video, photography, and special events. "A woman should feel flawless every day, whether she is dropping her kids off at school or getting ready for a black tie event. Whether you're seeking an oil-free formula with a natural matte finish or a moisturizing formula with a luminous finish, Silk Creme Photo Edition Foundations will give you the confidence of a photo-ready, flawless finish whatever the occasion." Laura Mercier

• I think i should try this once😍😍😍 because i have really bad dry s...1 Answers
  • Is this a good foundation for dry skin? 2 Answers
  • I have tried expensive brands before but does anyone like this br...5 Answers
Melodie S.
Melodie S.
Saratoga , CA
Review for: Sand Beige
A few months ago I was getting ready for a trip to vegas with my girlfriends and was looking for a foundation that wouldn’t melt in the heat and also wouldn’t break me out. I headed to Sephora and took home two samples of foundation to test in Vegas; Laura Mercier silk creme and Makeup Forever oil-free foundation. Once in Vegas, there was no competition. The Laura Mercier silk-creme lasted longer and felt better on my skin than the Makeup Forever. While I liked the Makeup forever foundation, the Silk-creme won me over and here’s why: Its silky texture, oil absorbing formula and 12-hr long wear performance is magical. A little goes a LONG way with impressive coverage. It’s silicone base sets to a powder-like finish that isn’t too slick or drying and doesn’t feel the least bit thick or heavy. My favorite part about it is that its so pigmented and blends so flawlessly into the skin for an incredible natural looking finish, and never made me break out! Whenever I wore it out in the humidity, I felt like I wasn't even wearing foundation. I did set my foundation with a translucent powder from NYX, which greatly helped with Shine control. Overall, I would highly recommend this foundation, especially if you’re in the market for something that will hold up in humid, hot environments!
Delete Comment
Angelica D.
Angelica D.
Everett, MA
OBSESSED WITH THIS FOUNDATION! Literally started wearing it six years ago and have experimented with other brands the past could years but I always come back to this favorite. I was wary once it was repackaged and I heard it was reformulated as well. I have to say I was surprised how much I still loved it when I picked it up at the beginning of this year. I've always been the color rose ivory and it still has not changed. It does an amazing job of covering up any redness and discoloration on my face. It gives me a nice canvas and evens everything on my face out. I get so many compliments on my skin and how flawless it looks and it's all thanks to this foundation! It stays on all day and I never feel it looks cakey. I do have to say I buy the oil free version but the moisturizing one is good on people who tend to be really dry. I work as a color artist at Sephora and it is my favorite full coverage foundation to match clients to.
Lianne R.
Lianne R.
N Hollywood, CA
My Sephora makeup artist might have been wrong on giving me this. I'm combo/oily skin and he said I was more dry, which is something I've never been told. I figured with aging my skin has changed and maybe it's more dry. Anyway, I loved the coverage and the smoothness of the foundation. I didn't like that it had a scent because I have sensitive skin and I break out with scented items (which I did). By the 3rd/4th hour my face was melting off. It looked like I ran a marathon in 100 deg weather. I think this makeup is way too moisturizing for my skin type. Definitely not good on combo/oily skin. This foundation is probably perfect for dry skin.
Lynn T.
Lynn T.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Oh boy yes very silky! Glides on smoothly and makes my skin look velvety. This line isn't a great color match for me so I have to mix in abut of other foundation. Usually I'll add a matte foundation to give my foundation a longer staying power. So that brings me to one other con, this foundation does wipe off and need a good amount of setting powder. I'm going to look into if there's a matching foundation powder so I do touch up and mattify through out the day
Sara H.
Sara H.
South Orange, NJ
Obsessed with the Silk Creme Moisturizing foundation by Laura Mercier. It is a full coverage foundation so if you prefer less coverage or something lighter either blend it with a gel creme (I do this for days I want a little less) or purchase the tint foundation. I have been using this foundation for 5+ years and I will continue using it. It doesn't clog my pores or smudge and looks great on my skin.
Yaneth M.
Yaneth M.
Review for: Cashew Beige
This matte foundation does what is is supposed to, it stays matte. It's usually sold at $48 at Sephora, but it is honestly a great buy. It comes in many shades, and stays put all day, even on hot days. Make sure to shake it before using it, and apply it with a brush for better coverage. Finish the look with a translucent setting powder. You will not regret it, one of the best foundations out there!
Shoua L.
Shoua L.
San Lorenzo , CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I use the oil free one. I don't know why I ever ventured away from this foundation. a little goes a long way. Some foundations make me look dirty at the end of day but this foundation stays on looking flawless. It's one of the very few that make my skin look amazing even after a long 9 hour shift. I have combo skin and this is one of my top faves
Lloraley A.
Lloraley A.
Santa Ana, CA
I currently own this foundation and I absolute love it! It gives you a flawless finish but it looks like your skin but better. It is a thicker foundation so you only need very little. I apply it with my fingers then go over it with a beauty blender to pick up any excess foundation. I would definitely purchase this again.
sobia h.
sobia h.
Bartlett, IL
Beauty Junkie Expert
i cannot rave about this product enough!! i love it! it is smooth and prevents shine and hydrates! i have oily skin with tight dry patches and this foundation gives me a flawless skin finish, no caking or full coverage look for the full coverage it provides! its a bit expensive but it lasts me forever!
Monet H.
Monet H.
Review for: Pecan
By far the best foundation I have ever used. The Laura Mercier foundation is full coverage but not heavy. It illuminates the skin but does not leave it too shiny. The foundation blends well with your hands, a brush or a beauty blender. I recommend using a primer bc of how silky the formula is.
Charmonique R.
Charmonique R.
carbondale, il
I have tried expensive brands before but does anyone like this brand ? I want something that lasts long and doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup
Kaitlyn M.
Kaitlyn M.
Mountain pine, AR
Beauty Junkie Expert
Oh I'd love to try this! Full coverage?
Kendal S.
Kendal S.
Grand Forks, ND
Beauty Junkie Expert
I need a foundation for dry skin, would this one be a good one that won't cling to dry patches?
Is this a good foundation for dry skin?
Jordan W.
Jordan W.
I have wanted to try this but haven't had the money!! Is it worth trying??