BY LAURA MERCIER

!Sorry, this product has been discontinued. See Updated Version.

Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation, 1.18 oz. Beauty Shop by Category - Makeup

• I have extremely oily skin and am wondering if anyone who experie...1 Answers
  • I've always wanted to use this because I've heard how amazing it ...1 Answers
  • How good does this really work? I want it to be smooth on my face...2 Answers
Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation
  • "I have normal to dry skin, and don;t usually get oily in my t-sone (just a little) and this is does get a little too hsiny in my forehead." in 3 reviews
  • "My new favorite foundation and I have tried all the high end brands and this gives the driest of skin a dewy glow all day and great coverage." in 2 reviews
  • "I have tried many foundations high end and drug store." in 1 review
  • "It's highly pigmented which is great because you only need the smallest amount each application." in 1 review
  • "It is really moisturizing but doesn't feel heavy, and you can get a lot of mileage out of it because a little goes a long way. " in 1 review
Stephanie H.
North Hills, CA
For someone with extremely dry skin, I 10000% recommend! I have super dry skin that is sensitive and gets dry patches during the winter, so foundations are tricky for me because they can emphasize dry patches easily. This foundation is super moisturizing and full coverage, like seriously full coverage. I'm not someone that needs all the coverage, so I don't wear this everyday. If you need to cover a lot though, I imagine this would be perfect for you. If makes you look so flawless! Although full coverage, it feels really nice and relatively light on the face. It sets to a very luminous natural skin finish. Not matte at all, but not exactly dewy either. It definitely looks like you have makeup on your face, but it looks so damn good and flawless.

This line of silk creme foundation expanded and now there are a lot more colors available, as well!
Nicole K.
Toms River, NJ
I love this foundation. For anyone with dry skin, this foundation is a life saver. Years ago when I was on the prescription medication accutane for my acne, this was the only foundation I could use and look human. My skin was so dry and patchy even after I finished the accutane if I used anything else, it would exaggerate the dry patches too the point I looked like a reptile. This foundation has a beautiful skin like finish. Not too dewy. I would say more of a satin finish. It covers beautifully. Definitely a medium coverage foundation. I apply it with a dampened beauty blender for an even more flawless finish. I took one star off because I wish it lasted longer throughout the day, especially for the high price tag. Over all though I would recommend. Definitely use a primer.
Alex M.
Massapequa, NY
This is seriously one of my favorite products of all time. I love a full face of makeup but in the summer it's nice to have a lighter coverage with some SPF-especially if you'll be out in the sun or getting sweaty. This is a product that if you don't have time to do your entire face you could totally just apply this sparingly for a little natural looking coverage. I currently have the oil free formula and I'm considering trying the other formula on my next purchase. My only complaint is that I am very fair and the lightest shade (porcelain) still oxidizes a little darker than I'd like.
Allison E.
Woodlake, CA
This is one of my top favorites! I have normal/dry skin and it works AMAZING! Because it's a creme consistency it is on the thicker side but it fills in fine lines and pores. The finish is dewy but it does not leave your face cakey or oily. If you are very fair most likely you will not find a color. When I am at my fairest tone, I cannot find one because they don't carry such a light shade. A little goes a long way. You don't have to you so much product but if you want a full coverage it is totally buildable. I highly recommend this foundation for anybody!
Yaneth M.
I'm the type of girl who buys foundation every three months, it's not because I use makeup all the time, it's mostly because with time the foundations consistency changes. While this product does cover most discolorations I would not recommend it for anyone with dark scars. Other than that it's great for the first times one uses it, if you happen to have a combination between oily and dry skin, you'll notice that after sometime of using this product some areas will appear drier than others.
Paola V.
. I loved the thick consistency of the foundation and it always gave me a flawless, glowy finish that I can't seem to replicate. I also found that the foundation stayed flawless on my skin all day, didn't separate on the skin or get oily in the T-zone, or oxidize too much throughout the day. I've tried the new foundation in both formulas several times, and I find that it takes way more product to deliver the same finish and it does not last as long.
Jessica C.
MAPLE VALLEY, WA
For years I wore MACs Studio Sculpt. That is until I tried Laura Mercier's Silk Creme Foundation. The formula is extremely moisturizing. The foundation goes on evenly and blends well when applied via hand, brush or a damp beauty blender. A little bit goes a long way! You can apply a minimal amount to even out your skin tone or build to full coverage. You can combine the foundation with other brands concealers, cream blushes, etc easily.
Sarah H.
If you are looking for a flawless full coverage foundation, THIS is for YOU! Perfect for picture taking, a night out on the town, or anytime you want a full coverage. A little of this foundation goes a long way, so a tube lasts you a long time. Price is hefty, but worth the flawless finish this foundation will give you. It's not a completely matte finish, you glow a little, but it isn't greasy either.
Ana C.
Review for: Hazelnut Beige
I used this foundation for a very long time! It was my holy grail makeup product. But then I took a break to try something new and when I came back to this product, I found that they had changed the formula a little bit. It made my face look like I had such a thick layer of foundation on. I would be willing to repurchase this only because I used it for so long and would love to give this another try.
Abigail A.
My first high end foundation! I have very oily skin and this is just perfect because it gives me a matte finish. I also have lots of acne scars and this gives me the full coverage that I am looking for. A little of this will go a long way so this product will last you a very long time. Would recommend this to people who have oily-combination skin, not so much for people with dry skin.
Jasmine D.
Newport, KY
How is the coverage?
Selene E.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've been contemplating if I should try this out or not. I'm very pale; any suggestions? Coverage?
Cassandra R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've never worn foundation before. Is this a good one? I have an oily tZone. And I like the natural look...
Angel S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have a problem with foundations looking fake and cakey on me even if I don't use a lot of product. Will this do that too? The worst part is around my nose.... I have combination skin: dry cheeks and oily t-zone
Nargis A.
Westminster, SC
Does this provide a heavier coverage & similar formula to the tinted moisturizer?