Laura Mercier Shine Control Pressed Setting Powder uploaded by KookHee K.Laura Mercier Shine Control Pressed Setting Powder uploaded by Thisgurldoesitall T.Laura Mercier Shine Control Pressed Setting Powder uploaded by Eliza H.

BY LAURA MERCIER #95 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

Oil-free, oil-controlling, ultra-sheer setting powder minimizes shine and visible breakthrough with a naturally derived Shine Control Complex. Subtle mint green tint helps tone down redness. Makeup stays fresh, flawless, and shine-free.

• Full Matte Finish
  • Delivers our most matte finish. Transparent shade works on all skin tones.
  • Soft-Focus Effect for a More Flawless Look

Like all Laura Mercier Setting Powders, it has a soft-focus effect that subtly blurs the look of fine lines and imperfections. Doesn't settle into fine lines or pores and never looks cakey.

Formulation Details:

• Oil-free
  • Formulated without talc
  • Formulated without fragrance
  • Non-comedogenic
  • Dermatologist tested

The compact includes a double-sided applicator.

• Ethylhexyl Palmitate
  • Sodium Metabisulfate

May Contain:

• Mica (CI 77019)
  • Iron Oxides (CI 77492)
  • Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)

• looking for a setting powder. How is this product with fl...1 Answers
Camille B.
Palmer Lake , CO
I bought this item on a whim because I have heard wonderful things about Laura Mercier powder. Unfortunately, I did not have a good experience with this one. I tried it with several different primers, foundations, and concealers, so I do feel the product itself was at fault. First off, It's difficult to get the powder out of the container. I do normally buy loose powder because baking works wonders for me, and its hard to get that much product onto a sponge or brushed when it is pressed, but regardless it's difficult to get any out at all. Certainly not buttery or smooth. I have quite oily skin. I cannot go out of the house without setting my makeup. This did absolutely nothing for my skin. It applies very patchy, pulling up makeup and leaving a gross cakey uneven mess behind. I first tried applying it with the sponge and trying to scoop up enough powder to dab it onto the skin without tampering with my face makeup. This did not work AT ALL. Applying it with a powder brush worked slightly better, but it still left patchy marks and moved my concealer. It's pretty much impossible to bake with this because if you push the powder into your skin, it WILL pick your layer of face makeup. Finally, I tried squishing the pressed powder and making my own form of loose powder, and then applying with a sponge again. This worked the best, but still hardly worked at all. I do not notice a difference in redness in the slightest. I applied it over blush to test it out, and there was no difference in color. After about 2 hours, this powder isn't even on my face anymore, and my face is an oily mess. When I tried to "touch it up", it only made matters worse, picking up even more foundation and overall just making my skin look disgusting. The amount of powder I had to crush up just to bake at all was at least 1/8 of the product. After hearing such great things about this brand, and spending 36 dollars on a minimal amount of product, I expected great things, and I was really disappointed. I understand my skin is not the same as others, nobodies skin is the same...but this product was marketed towards those with oily skin and claimed to "control shine," and in regards to that, it is one of the worst products I have EVER used. The packaging is nice though...lol. Sorry Laura Mercier, this is a complete fail.
Mim A.
One of my favourite things about this powder is that it looks great in photos! If you struggle with oily, shiny skin I highly, highly recommend this powder. It works best to absolutely mattify when applied with a dense, soft powder brush or a sponge like the one it comes with. If you don't want an entirely matte look you can always dust it on lighter with a fluffy brush.
Edgar G.
West Chicago, IL
MY GO TO FOR SURE! I have VERY oily skin, especially on my forehead. I was recommended this by a friend and fell in love instantly. Do not let the green tint scare you away, just make sure not to add too much to your face. If you do, you may come off a little white. I use a simple brush that I purchased at Target to apply it, as I am not a big fan of sponges. I use it every day, all day long. It doesnt last an entire day unfortunately. So you will have to reapply at least once by night time. Seeing that my biggest problem is my oily forehead, shine does attract my receding hair line. So this helps SO MUCH to take attention away from my little issue! I HIGHLY recommend it.
Shasha S.
I loveeee this product.
Its long lasting and finshing is amazing.
I love this top most brand.
This is one of my favorites brands and with reasonable price.
It gives soft texture on skin.
I would definitely recommend this product and brand too.
Its better to search for offers before buying.
Have different shades of color for different skin tones.
I like to visit above stores only to buy this and find offers.
It gives fantastic look for party and for simple makeup also.
It would be too nice if there are some small samples to try before we buy.
Shade is just awesome on my skin and hope for others too.
It has matte texture.
I would definitely buy More n more n more...
I love trying new products and samples tooooooo.
Its bestiest best product I have ever used...
malisa p.
Fort Irwin, CA
This is a good luxury powder for the face. I use to set my under eyes with this on the go and take away shine on my Nose when I was out during the day. This powder does need to be set or else it can look a bit too heavy but I think on oily skinned girls this would work beautifully.
Christina M.
Austin, TX
It’s nice but I don’t love the applicator. It’s a bit expensive for what you get. It’s easy to take with you and good for travel, but i will save my money for the loose setting powered and go for something cheaper as far as pressed powder goes.
Laura D.
This powder is a god send sets your foundation in place with no flashback. Really good for setting cream products as well. I would highly recommend this product for any oily or combo skin ladies. Easy for those who can’t handle loose powder.
Emily K.
Frenchburg , KY
I love this powder. It’s really controls the shine on my face but doesn’t dry my skin out like so many other powders have. It’s super easy to apply and leaves a very natural look. I would definitely recommend this to others for purchase!
Richa P.
Old Hickory, TN
I love this powered so much. It’s so great for oily skin and helps mattify the skin. I use it a lot on my t zone since I tend to get really oily there and it’s great it stays in all day long. It’s so light weight l can barley feel it on face!
Bree S.
I love using this at the end of my makeup routine because it prevents my foundation from smearing away and leaves almost a smooth finish to a dewy look. Good for all skin types and helps minimize the appearance of small pores.
Vanessa C.
west warwick, ri
looking for a setting powder. How is this product with flash photography, does it leave any residue?