Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer Hydrating

What it is:

New lightweight, water-based primer that promotes long-term moisture recovery while extending wear of makeup.

What it does:

The silicone-free, breathable formula infuses moisture into the skin, keeping skin feeling fresh all day while creating a protective barrier that extends makeup wear. Packed with skin-loving ingredients, the primer not only protects skin but is also good for skin. Olive Extract visibly smooths and locks in hydration while Marine Hydra Botanicals replenish skin and promote long term moisture recovery.

Would you recommend this product for dry skin ❓ Is it comedogenic ❓ Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer Hydrating Thanks in advance ♥
How long does it keep the makeup in place for?
is primer good for oily skins
Start your review of Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer Hydrating!
How would you rate this product?
Flushing , NY
I LOVE how my skin looks and feels with this on and with or without makeup. I used a pea size amount for my face, and applied ‘Blurring Canvas’ on my t-zone, since this particular one [Hydrating Canvas] is more suited for the Dry Skin Type. left my face feeling comfortable, soft, breathable with that needed protective barrier. Only reason I gave 4 stars simply because it didn’t do much for my pores, but that’s to be expected from a silicone-free primer. It’s also more as moisturizer, but different from their ‘original hydrating primer’ however it is didid nothing for my pores which is to be expected from a primer that does not contain silicones/silica. However, don’t underestimate the skin loving ingredients in this baby which has non-comedonal properties, meaning that it will not clog pores or contribute to the development of acne. This primer moisturizer protects the skin and is good for skin. Also take note, this is a ‘water based’ primer so using a water based foundation is recommended. MY SKIN TYPE: Dehydrated + Combination - Dehydrated: Skin tends to not have enough water, and dehydration is caused by many external factors, the most common being weather, environment, diet, and caffeine consumption, all of which can result in the diminishing of water content within the skin. - Combination: Skin is simply a mix of oily and dry areas on different parts of your face e.g., having oily skin in some areas of your face usually tends to be with the t-zone (forehead, nose, and chin), and dry skin in other areas (outer edges). HIGHLIGHTED INGREDIENTS: - Glycerin, helps attract moisture to your skin keeping it absorbed so skin feels comfortable - Olive Extract, helps smooth the look of your skin while locking in that needed hydration. - Marine Hydra Botanicals, nurtures your skin, promoting long term moisture recovery. PARABEN FREE SULFATE FREE FRAGRANCE FREE SILICONE FREE
Corona, CA
Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer Hydrating uploaded by Oriesa W.
Got this as a sample from my voxbox off influenster. Personally I have dry skin myself but tends to get a little bit oily at certain spots throughout a long day.. sometimes it might actually be because of my makeup I tend to use dewy like cc cushions and such. I used this primer for the past week and can honestly say my makeup held on longer than usual throughout my shift and stayed relatively well hydrated throughout. I don’t think it made my face oily but gave it a nice glow throughout the day :)
Downingtown, PA
Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer Hydrating uploaded by Carolyn W.
I was in the market for a new primer when inflenster sent me this and I am so very thankful because I love it. I’ve used this every makeup application since I’ve gotten it. It adds a nice subtle glow and helps my skin appear smoother. It helps even out my texture and makes my makeup last all day. I love that it has no scent as well. It is light weight and I love that it’s silicone free. It doesn’t feel like it’s sliding all over my face. It really soaks in. This water based primer works well for my combo skin and doesn’t break it out. Overall, I would probably buy this at full price and size when I run out.
Modesto, CA
Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer Hydrating uploaded by Luelue H.
I love this hydrating primer so far! It makes my skin so soft and hydrated. I slept with it overnight and woke up so refreshed and my face was so soft! I’ve also worn it under makeup and it keeps my face from being overly dry and my makeup literally last all day and until morning! Yes I wore my makeup to bed , but to be fair I had to wake up at 4:30am for a big test. So I needed my sleep🤷🏻‍♀️Mini Liquid Lipsticks SetHuda Beauty #Fauxfilter Foundation Custard 220NMorphe Morphe X Manny MUA Glam PaletteFenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter
Pomona, CA
Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer Hydrating uploaded by Marelyn M.
I was actually pretty nervous trying out the complimentary #LauraMercier #HydratingPrimer I received from Influenster. Mostly because I have really bad combo skin, so a mattifying primer (like the Laura Mercier Blurring Primer-love it!) is usually a must for my skin. Consistency wise the hydrating primer is a little more watery to the touch- not in a bad way just for comparison between the Hydrating primer and Blurring primer. It’s not sticky or greasy either, so those are extra points. Went on smoothly on my skin, and definitely makes my skin feel good. Like the first sip of water early in the morning kind of feel lol. After applying full face make up I’m totally in love. My skin doesn’t look bad at all given (as I’ve mentioned) that my face is just ridiculously oily. If anything my fave feels really light weight. Highly recommend this one as well.
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
This primer was good! I have normal/combination skin and i definitely felt like it kept my skin moisturized. However, it might have been too moisturized for my liking. I think this product would work amazingly for people with dry skin. I still enjoyed this primer though! I like applying it under foundation or even just on its own. It does a great job at hydrating and making the skin look fresh and healthy. It feels very light on my face and blends beautifully. It helped my foundation glide on seamlessly, which i love. I was worried it would emphasize my skin texture but it didnt do that at all. My skin looked very healthy after application, which i love! My only con is that I it seemed to make my skin a little more oily by the end of the day but again, this is probably because i have normal/combination skin, not dry.  Overall, this is a great product to create a great canvas for foundation and to keep your skin hydrated all day. I did receive this product complimentary for testing purposes but all opinions are my own.
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer Hydrating uploaded by Jenai S.
Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer Hydrating uploaded by Jenai S.
This product felt very luxurious on the skin. I have really dry skin and when I used it, it made my skin feel very moisturized and dewy. It definitely gives you a healthy glow if you are struggling with dull skin! Also, my makeup lasted all day. I did not give it the full 5 stars only because it is a bit pricey for the size!
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer Hydrating uploaded by Annie N.
The primers I’ve tried usually leaves an oily layer on my face, which I thought was important in order for my foundation to settle into the creases on my face. So when I first tried this product, it felt more like smashbox’s primerizer, and I was unsure how well this will work. I checked the mirror halfway thru the day at work and after I got home, and no foundation creases on my face!!! I love that this primer is light, hydrating, absorbent, & doesn’t leave an oily film on my hand like other primers that I always needed to wash off or wipe with a tissue between my makeup steps. It covers foundation better than all the primers I have tried, so highly highly recommend to anyone with normal-to-dry skin! ☝🏻
Yorba Linda, CA
In my teens and early 20s, my skin was always oily, so I avoided hydrating products like the plague. However my skin has become much drier into my mid-20s, particularly on my nose, making my makeup look cake-y. When I first tried Laura Mercier’s Pure Canvas Hydrating Primer, I was instantly worried. It was so hydrating that I thought it was impossible for my makeup to stay put over it throughout the day. However, it has been a godsend in the super dry Southern California climate. The primer hydrates my skin more than any moisturizer I’ve tried, and keeps my makeup look flawless all day long. The price is comparable to other higher-end primers and a little bit of product goes a long way, so I’m sure this will last me a long time. Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product from Influenster in return for my honest feedback.
Hawthorne, CA
Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer Hydrating uploaded by Yatese T.
I am thinking about trying this on its own. Or with a regular setting spray instead of matte. In this photo it was after a few hours. It is hydrating but not greasy. I do use powder under eye nose and cupids bow. I did use lots of it. I do not think my matte spray did this justice I need to try it with a regular spray and less powder.
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
6 days ago
Janelle M. • a day ago
I’ve been using it for a couple weeks. Hasn’t broken me out yet.