Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer Blurring

What it is:

New water-based, blurring primer that absorbs excess oil for a mattifying, soft-focus effect while extending wear of makeup.

What it does:

The silicone-free, breathable formula creates a soft-focus effect, while sealing in skincare and creating a protective barrier that extends makeup wear. Packed with skin-loving ingredients, the primer not only protects skin but is also good for skin. Infused with Microalgae and Blurring Powders, the primer conditions skin over time for improved look and texture and absorbs excess oil while providing a mattifying effect.

Has Anyone With Oily Skin Tried Out This Primer? Does It Minimize Pores, Give You A Flawless Makeup Application And Do Your Makeup last all Day Without Melting Off?
Is this primer good for moderate rosacea (skin redness)??
How do I get this primerin a vox box to review? I need to try a blurring effect primer please!
Start your review of Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer Blurring!
How would you rate this product?
Flushing, NY
Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer Blurring uploaded by ANGIE M.
Blur DREAMS!!! Bye bye pores👋🏻 A wonderful water-based primer and it does exactly what it’s intended to do; absorbs excess oil for a mattifying, soft-focus effect while extending wear of makeup. What more can an oily tzone ask for?? My skin looks beautiful, smooth, it’s very comfortable and beautifully breathable. Putting this on about 5 minutes after my skincare and it is sealed in!! And wow, it creates a protective barrier and sets the perfect canvas for makeup application, which extends the wear as well 😉. I definitely love it even without putting makeup on, it literally enhances the beauty of your natural skin. Awesome Ingredients pointed out: - Microalgae: Conditions skin over time for improved look and texture. - Blurring Powders: Provides a mattifying effect while optically blurring the appearance of pores and lines by diffusing light. - Glycerin: Attracts moisture to the skin so skin feels comfortable all day. -Free of sulfates SLS and SLES, parabens, and contains less than one percent of synthetic fragrances.
La Habra, CA
Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer Blurring uploaded by Natalie M.
I wanted to like this product but sadly we didn’t mesh well. I normally go for products that are dewy, hydrating and satin like but I was curious to try this out. I received it complimentary from Influenster. My skin is on the dryer side and has a little texture to it. I received a tip from one of my makeup live friends who has tried the before that in order to get the blurring effect you need to press the product into your skin and rub. I was thankful for this tip because it actually did work. It gave my skin a smooth silicone like feel that laid right on top of my textured skin and smoothed our the pores. it didn’t feel super dry or anything which my dry skin was grateful for. At this point I was super hopeful but my issue came when I try to make it work with foundation. No matter what foundation I tried and I try to couple, I could not get them to cooperate together. Even though my skin looked completely smooth before I put on the foundation, once the foundation was applied it actually emphasized my pores and sunk into them. Which as a result made them super noticeable! I never had this issue with any of these foundations before using different primers or even if I don’t use a primer at all. I just came to the conclusion that this product and my skin type are not meant to be. However, I did find it pretty funny though that the one thing it claims to do is the opposite result that I got. lol. I hope it works out for others but for me it was definitely a no go so I can’t recommend. I do really love the packaging of this. It’s nice and minimalistic, classy looking and very functional.
Grand Isle, VT
Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer Blurring uploaded by Miranda B.
Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer Blurring uploaded by Miranda B.
So for a blurring primer this one is great! It made my skin look good and definitely helped hide and blur out my pores. First photo is with just moisurizor and the primer, second one is a few hours later with my foundation and everything. It does get rid of shine and my face felt smooth after applying it. It dried in quickly which I loved because I could apply my foundation as soon as I applied the primer,no need to wait. I feel like it sort of sat on my skin which is fine and for me the point if your trying to blur pores, that it fills them in up to the surface so foundation doesn't sit in them. My foundation stayed looking great for hours, it didn't move around at all. I did set it with powder after applying but I do that with every primer and foundation I use. I'd say it's in my top 3 or 4 primers and I would actually purchase this it when I run out. There are not alot of primers I'd actually buy because I have so many and they seem to last a while. This is one I would definitely recommend trying though. If you have larger pores or oily skin or just want a smoother skin tone this is the one to try!
joliet, IL
Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer Blurring uploaded by Brittany K.
after reciveving #complimentary #voxbox from #influenster & #lauramercier so excited to try it out! the blurring primer was my fav! it is a little tacky but man did my foundation look so good with it! formula is good packaing is good overall i will definatly be using this more often knowing the tricks it does ! absoulty loved it esp 12 hours of wear my makeup stillllll looked great not cakey! Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer Blurring. thank you @influenster and @lauramercier for giving me the opportunity to test a wonderful new product! #conplimentaryvoxboxLaura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer Blurring
Snellville, GA
Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer Blurring uploaded by Ashley C.
LAURA MERCIER! You have a life long customer as long as you carry this product. I HAVE NEVER, put a blurring primer on and can instantly tell the difference in my skin and ACTUALLY see the difference with no foundation on. I AM SHOOK AND IN LOVE. It’s very easy to apply, very lightweight and held my foundation all day. Even with dry skin, a lot of blurring primers will make my skin dry and make my foundation crack and this didn’t do that at all. I could seriously throw this primer on and leave my house it made me feel THAT GOOD about my skin. I’m seriously just amazed. In the pictures with this review, the side of my face the primer is on corresponds with the hand I’m holding it in. In the picture without me holding them it’s labeled “R”. This is the picture that got me. THE ABSOLUTE DIFFERENCE EVEN WITHOUT FOUNDATION IS AMAZING. I’m just shook, and in love. You go Laura mercier. Keep doing the thing. I will be buying this. Thank you Influenster and Laura mercier for sending me this product, I could not be more grateful.
Louisville, KY
Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer Blurring uploaded by Jenn C.
I’ve had acne since I was young and it’s left me with some acne scars. Finding a primer that helps my foundation hide them has been really hard. But the Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Blurring Primer is amazing! I can even wear it alone and it makes me skin look incredible. But when I pair it with a good medium to full coverage foundation, like Too Faced Born This Way or Smashbox Studio Skin, my skin looks flawless. I’ve also used it with a sheer BB cream and gotten wonderful results as well. It’s a water based primer, which means you’ll want to use it with a water based foundation. And letting it sit for 5 minutes really helps it set into your skin. Another great thing is that it hasn’t irritated my skin at all. No new breakouts, no new dry spots. The price point is the same as other high end primers, but this one is well worth the money. A little truly goes a long way. It glides over the skin and actually allows me to use less foundation than normal and still gain the full look. I would 110% recommend giving this a try.
Lutz, FL
I really loved this primer! I’ve tried a couple of primers in the past, but they’ve either led to breakouts or just not been worth the bother. I did not experience breakouts from using this product, which is probably because it’s silicone-free. However, this primer looked and felt as nice on my skin as a silicone primer that I had tried previously but had to discontinue using because the other silicone primer DID lead to breakouts. This blurring primer really creates a nice canvas for your foundation or even just a tinted setting powder which is what I paired it with one day. My skin looked very smooth with it and it paired really nicely with my sheer foundation, and kept it looking great all day! I do tend to have problems with shininess throughout the day but didn’t notice that problem when using this primer. All-in-all, I think this is a primer that’s definitely worth checking out! Especially if you liked the look and feel of silicone primers but they didn’t work well with your sensitive or acne-prone skin.
Bloomington, IL
I bought this yesterday because I was in Ulta and had heard good things about this primer, so I decided to try it out on my hand. I was so impressed by the visible blurring effect that I had to purchase it. In my opinion, this primer blows all the other blurring primers out of the water, in terms of blurring effect. It really smooths out your skin and blurs pores and has a mattifying effect. I am rating this five stars on my first impressions and use of this primer and will update this if I have any issues, but so far, it is one of the best primers I have tried and I have tried A LOT. When I am having a good skin day, I can't wait to use this to just blur imperfections and skip foundation. It really is that effective and I love that it is water-based, because most of my foundations are as well. Recently I have been loving TATCHA The Silk Canvas Filter Finish Protective Primer , but this does a much better job at blurring. I still love the tatcha primer, but this surprisingly beats it.
Columbus, OH
Quite honestly, I didn’t expect to like this one. But after trying it, this is the clear winner and I will be switching my primers. I was a little turned off at first when I put it on and it left a white dusty residue on my face. Mainly in my eyebrows and in some places I didn’t rub in well enough. I was slightly annoyed but rubbed it in some more and moved on. As the day went on I realized that my face felt great. My skin felt smooth and looked even. Then to make things better, I realized at the end of the day spots on my face that normally were breaking out were starting to clear up! The uneven skin on my temples was also clearing up. I always thought my face needed more hydration, but turns out it needed less. This absorbs all the oils on my face to give me a clean look all day. I can wear this both by itself, and underneath my makeup. It’s a win-win. Love it! *I received this product for free*
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer Blurring uploaded by Annie N.
I have normal-to-dry skin, and definitely needed to use moisturizer before putting this primer on. This product didn’t feel drying; but it doesn’t have either the oily layer that I’m used to from hourglass or smashbox, nor does it feel hydrating like the Hydrating version or smashbox’s primerizer. But aside from that, I felt like my makeup has applied as well as other primers including LM’s hydrating primer, and I haven’t noticed makeup settling into any fine lines on my face.
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Orange Park, FL
a month ago
How does Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer Blurring compare to other blurring primers ?
ANGIE M. • 24 days ago
Honestly, majority of blurring primers are very similar and give a similar effect, it’s definitely up to preference. BUT, the main difference I noticed is Laura Mercier Blurring Canvas is Silicone Free, when the majority of blurring primers tend to contain Silicone😉
a month ago
Jenn C. • 25 days ago
The primer is water based, so it’s gonna have best results with a water based foundation. Luckily, the foundation you’re asking about is water based 😊