Laura Mercier Invisible Pressed Setting Powder uploaded by Sonya K.

BY LAURA MERCIER #89 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

Invisible Pressed Setting Powder - Universal

• How does this compare to the loose powder? I would love to try th...2 Answers
  • Is this the same as the translucent setting powder? Or is there a...1 Answers
  • Is this as great as the loose powder? 2 Answers
Meah S.
Chalmette, LA
I got this as a deluxe sample recently with my points and I've been testing it out long enough now to decide it simply doesn't hold up throughout the day. The only way I can describe the consistency is flour, like actual flour. It looks ok at first but as the day goes on just ends up looking cakey. I have drugstore setting powders that do a much better job, as well as higher end powders that out-perform this. Glad I got a chance to test it out in just the sample size.
Chari C.
Limerick , ME
I love Laura Mercier powder to set my make up and the loose powder to set my under eye area. This is my holy grail powder. Sometimes I mix it with a bit of a colored powder so it doesn't come off as ashy on my skin tone. During the winter though I don't really have that problem. My skin is oily but this helps keep everything where it is supposed to be. I love this powder and will continue to buy it every time I run out.
Mary C.
Hinsdale, IL
I LOVE the loose powder but not loving the pressed powder.

I find this product makes my makeup look patchy and even gives a white cast. I keep this in my purse for oily touch ups..But I'm not happy when I use it. It does make my oils go away..But I am left with foundation that looks like foundation and flakey:(. Better off just using a tissue to blot!

I should return it...
Alison S.
Saint Louis, MO
I use this powder sparingly in my t-zone before applying foundation or concealer. Just pat it on with the sponge and then use a brush to remove any excess. It helps keep my face makeup on all day and looking great. I would recommend it. I also of course use a tiny bit to set my makeup when I'm done.
Elaine C.
I've tried on many different translucent powders and seem to be always coming back to this one. A lot of the other ones I have used usually flashes back, but this one does not. It's great for baking your face, and setting your makeup, and trying to minimize oil, and looking like a grease ball.
Adele T.
Houma, LA
I give this powder a five stars because I am constantly using it to powder my nose when in need it's really convenient to have when you're on the go in the quality is absolutely amazing I usually get it from Sephora and out of all the powders that I've used this one is definitely my favorite
Sarah R.
Las Vegas, NV
This is the perfect on-the-go touch up powder. Soft, silky powder takes away shine and leaves my skin looking smoother and not cakey. I generally use a brush to apply after tapping off excess. Sleek, simple packaging is easy to throw in your purse but be careful, the powder is a bit fragile!
Paula O.
This has become a staple in my make up routine. Whenever I want to set my make up I use this powder with a brush. I primarily use it under my eyes and it prevents my under eye concealer from moving throughout the day I also apply this when I feel like I'm getting a little shiny
melissa c.
Lexington, KY
This is the holy grail of setting powders, it leaves skin silky and it's the best setting powder on the market. It's a must have! I have aging skin so this item stands the test of stay power during the day without settling into fine lines and wrinkles. I truly love this.
Nicole H.
Conover, NC
This setting powder is magic. It's so smooth and velvety in the compact, and I've been using it for months now without even a small dent in the powder. I prefer my own brush to the puff that comes with it, but a very small amount goes a long way to controlling shininess.
Kelli A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this as great as the loose powder?
Armela T.
Beauty Junkie Expert
How does this compare to the loose powder? I would love to try this!!!!
Trish H.
Dillsburg, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this the same as the loose powder? I get there's less product here but is the formula the same?
Esmeralda M.
Is this the same as the translucent setting powder? Or is there a difference, I want to get this one but I want to make sure that it's the same as the loose powder.