BY LAURA MERCIER #18 in Face Primer

Unlike traditional primers that are overloaded with silicone smoothers, Laura Mercier™ Primers are water-based and include a minimal concentration of the lightest silicones. That's why they feel fresh and lightweight, and why they work as well as they do. In addition, they create an invisible "buffer" for your skin, with an antioxidant vitamin complex that helps protect skin against harmful, aging effects of the environment.

Natural Finish

Our most universal primer, it gives skin a natural finish, with invisible coverage. The lightweight, creamy, water-based gel is ideal for all skin types.

Formulation Details

• help! I am in need of a foundation primer that actually w...4 Answers
  • Which hydrating primer Laura Mercier Foundation Primer o...2 Answers
  • Which is better Laura Mercier Foundation Primer or bareMi...2 Answers
Laura Mercier Foundation Primer
  • "i love a good primer, and this one is definitely one of my top winners. it doesn't matter what type of skin you have this primer does it all. i suffer from dry skin so a matte prime does not help me in any way. so when i tried this one it just made my skin look amazing before i put makeup on." in 170 reviews
  • "i have the smaller size in this and i went through it like no tomorrow! one thing is that even if you use a little bit it goes quite quick, but also contridicting myself a little as if you use a little product it goes a long way on your face. it feels hydrating and fresh once applied and its tacky which is what a good primer should be to be enabled to stick your foundation to it! i dont think oily skin users would love it so much but im dry and i love it & highly recommend it!" in 65 reviews
  • "A little goes a long way with this product!" in 1 review
  • "I find myself using less foundation and all you need is a little bit." in 1 review
  • "highly recommend this and the radiance primer." in 1 review
Bre R.
Sandy lake, PA
Hands down my all time favorite primer. 38$ for the bigger tube, 22 I do believe for the small one(this is the one I purchase) I think it has a good price, the primer lasts forever! I received a deluxe sample for free from Sephora like three months ago and I still have it (it’s only 15ml, half the size of the 22$ tube) bought another (22$) tube for when this sample finally runs out! A little goes a long way, i always seem to use too much. After applying it seems to feel thick and “tacky” but honestly makes such a difference. I can use cheap foundation & this primer just seems to make it look amazing! Never cakey, always ends up with a smooth “naturally shiny” looking finish. Although I use other primers this will forever be my go to & in my collection!
Berneta A.
Whistler , BC
I tried this primer a really long time ago and while I really wanted to like it I couldn’t because it did react with my sensitive acne prone skin. Laura Mercier cosmetics are really good and my mother gave me a sample that she got if this. I think the first thing that I noticed was that it didn’t really do much visibly to smooth out any of my pores or improve the appearance of my skin which is what other primers I’ve used does for me. Its also a gel so it’s very different from any primer that I’ve used before and I noticed that I started getting bumps in my t zone area. I probably should have done a little patch test to see of how my skin reacted instead of slathering this all over my face. If you have sensitive skin I would highly recommend that you learn from what I did!
Shae R.
Atlanta
This is hands down the BEST primer for my mostly dry/combination skin. I have been on an emotional primer rollercoaster with trying to top this- and I just can’t. It leaves your skin hydrated and holds makeup perfectly without it looking cracked or greasy. I legit had to tweet an apology to Laura Mercier cosmetics for cheating in their brand- I love it so much!
tahnea e.
I cannot even begin to tell you how incredible this primer is. I have dry skin & have tried several drugstore and high end ones and nothing has suited me more. It keeps my makeup on for hours at an end without retouching. Its perfect for giving you a dewy look and yet doesn't make you oily. Little definitely goes a long way, I use such a tiny bit and I'm sorted! I highly recommend this primer & have bought another full sized one as a back up!
grace t.
S Kingstown, RI
This is by far the best primer I’ve used! I have used benefit, Milani, NYX, elf, and Tarte primers and they just didn’t work for my dry skin. I have really dry skin so I love that it feels almost like a moisturizer. It’s hydrating and makes my makeup last longer! It works well with all of the foundations I like to use! I personally invest in face make up, I know that the price tag is a little steep but it’s with the money to me!
Bernadette M.
Concord, CA
I used this in my 20's recommended by a make up artist,  I did't know there was better product out there and never tried to find anything better.  When I was younger I though well this is pricy it must be good.  I ended using this for a year.   This is probably my most disliked primer.  Sorry.  The makeup artist claimed it to be hydrating for my skin through out the day and it would just look super oily. I was going through blotting paper like crazy.  At the time I had super oily skin too.  She also said it would make my make up last,  fail.  Half way through the day I would start to see it break up around my oily zones.  It also doesnt melt into your skin quick.  Using the laura mercier primer and tinted moisturizer together was a hot mess.  It felt greasy.  Dont bother with this product.  There are better ones out there!
Mahi V.
Silver Spring, MD
I really like this primer, it’s hydrating and although it doesn’t claim to be radiant, it ends up making my skin look fresh and glowing. My foundation sits nicely on top and the primer doesn’t disturb the foundation or any other products over it. A little pricey so I would recommend trying a sample beforehand, but if you do go with be full size, you won’t be disappointed, especially if you have dry to Combination skin.
Sarah H.
Yorktown, VA
I don’t necessarily feel that this helps keep my foundation on longer, but I LOVE it for adding extra radiance to my face. My skin is dry and dull and this makes a noticeable difference. It’s water-based so it doesn’t have any pesky silicones, which makes it a great product for acne prone skin. Sometimes I’ll even wear this on its own when I want a “no makeup” look.
Karina M.
Want a little sparkle while starting off your look? The shimmer in the Laura Mercier primers is the dewy glow every makeup lover needs to give just that extra boost of glow to their skin. Whether you are exhausted after a long night out or just want a bit more glow one day, it’s especially great on those days when your skin needs a little extra pick-me-up.
Jennifer E.
Ravena, NY
Laura Mercier products are always amazing. They just do it right no matter what they make. Is primer I got a sample of while I was at Sephora and it made my Foundation that not only look amazing but stay on all day without creasing, separating, or flaking off.
Natalie C.
How good is this product? Does it compare to a more affordable primer?
Heather S.
Ankeny, IA
Do you use this every time?
Kristine E.
Terrace, BC
MISHA S.
I am looking for a primer that eliminates blemishes. Is this a good one?
McKenzie M.
Atlanta, GA
My friends rave about this product. Does it work for dry skin?