BY LAURA MERCIER #3 in Face Primer

Unlike traditional primers that are overloaded with silicone smoothers, Laura Mercier™ Primers are water-based and include a minimal concentration of the lightest silicones. That's why they feel fresh and lightweight, and why they work as well as they do. In addition, they create an invisible "buffer" for your skin, with an antioxidant vitamin complex that helps protect skin against harmful, aging effects of the environment.

Natural Finish

Our most universal primer, it gives skin a natural finish, with invisible coverage. The lightweight, creamy, water-based gel is ideal for all skin types.

Formulation Details

• help! I am in need of a foundation primer that actually w...5 Answers
  • What foundation and concealer do you pair this primer wit...1 Answers
  • Which hydrating primer Laura Mercier Foundation Primer o...2 Answers
Laura Mercier Foundation Primer
  • "i love a good primer, and this one is definitely one of my top winners. it doesn't matter what type of skin you have this primer does it all. i suffer from dry skin so a matte prime does not help me in any way. so when i tried this one it just made my skin look amazing before i put makeup on." in 170 reviews
  • "i have the smaller size in this and i went through it like no tomorrow! one thing is that even if you use a little bit it goes quite quick, but also contridicting myself a little as if you use a little product it goes a long way on your face. it feels hydrating and fresh once applied and its tacky which is what a good primer should be to be enabled to stick your foundation to it! i dont think oily skin users would love it so much but im dry and i love it & highly recommend it!" in 65 reviews
  • "A little goes a long way with this product!" in 1 review
  • "I find myself using less foundation and all you need is a little bit." in 1 review
  • "highly recommend this and the radiance primer." in 1 review
Audrey N.
Van Wert, OH
This primer is very different from the primers I have been using. I had been using green color correcting primer for months prior to testing this and I will say it does a lot more for hading my acne than my previous primer did. This is a gel-type consistency and a little goes a long way! It is cooling on the skin and feels nice. This makes my makeup stick on to my face without budging! Definitely has proven to work well in these recent hot summer days! Giving 4 stars instead of 5 because it does not absolutely prevent my oily skin from showing throughout the day and I have noticed my makeup has oxidized more throughout the day when wearing this product. I do have very oily skin, so if you have dry skin this product would likely work great! I would purchase this item and this is my favorite primer I have tried so far!
Bre R.
stoneboro pa
Hands down my all time favorite primer. 38$ for the bigger tube, 22 I do believe for the small one(this is the one I purchase) I think it has a good price, the primer lasts forever! I received a deluxe sample for free from Sephora like three months ago and I still have it (it’s only 15ml, half the size of the 22$ tube) bought another (22$) tube for when this sample finally runs out! A little goes a long way, i always seem to use too much. After applying it seems to feel thick and “tacky” but honestly makes such a difference. I can use cheap foundation & this primer just seems to make it look amazing! Never cakey, always ends up with a smooth “naturally shiny” looking finish. Although I use other primers this will forever be my go to & in my collection!
karen P.
San Jose , CA
This is a fantastic primer! I don’t usually buy primers because I find them expensive and I’m not sure if they actually do what they claim. However, I received this for free in a recent Voxbox and I absolutely love it. I’ve been using it daily to prep my skin before applying my makeup and I really do feel that is makes my makeup apply smoother and look nicer. This pairs great with the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer but also works amazing with any other foundation you use. I’ve used it under my Bareminerals powder foundation and it looks great. This primer is great for normal to oily skin. The packaging is great and you get a lot for your money. It lasts a very long time and I would highly recommend this primer if you are looking to try a new one.
Tarah L.
FEELS AMAZING ON SKIN.
SO refreshing and hydrating on my skin. Smells fresh and calming like a spa treatment (if that makes sense). Helps lock in moisture under foundation so that at the end of the day your skin looks refreshed and healthy after removing makeup.

FEEL and LOOK: This product provides a healthy, dewy glow under foundation. However, I've never had any issues with it making my foundation look too shiny or glossy. It dries just a little bit tacky to help your foundation stay in place all day. I've also never had any skin irritation from using this product, in fact, it feels very cooling when you initially apply it.

10/10 would recommend.
Annie M.
I typically don’t wear a foundation primer, but tried this
product as part of the Laura Mercier Influenster campaign.  That said; I will definitely use it on occasions when I’m either applying a full face of makeup or looking for an
especially long wear.  What I loved about this product is that it went on super light –like a gel moisturizer – and left
my skin feeling hydrated and looking even.
It provided a slight tackiness, which a good foundation primer should
do, to create a base for the rest of my makeup.
I did notice my makeup stay on longer (look fresher) throughout the
entire day – so it definitely works! However, for someone with oily skin, I would suggest potentially skipping
moisturizer (or seeking a very light one) if being worn beneath this product as
I did start to feel a bit oily as the day  progressed.
D U.
Oviedo, FL
I have been using this primer with my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and setting it with my translucent powder and I'm  extremely pleased with how long my makeup last!  I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. But my opinion on this product is strictly my own. A little goes a very long way with this product so I know it will last me for a while. I also want to add that this does not leave a silicone residue that most primers do instead it is a little bit tacky which I feel is the reason my foundation is staying on all day, event after school, work and the gym!
Taylor Q.
Ooltewah, TN
This is a very different kind of primer than the ones I normally used, so I’ll just say what I liked and did not like. I liked that it was hydrating, added some shimmer, and little bit goes a long way with this product. However, if you have textured skin, all this product will do is accentuate your pores. It’s a good primer in the way that is helps create a moist barrier for applying foundation on top, but doesn’t hide or fill any pore enlargement. My mom actually gave me her tube of this because she didn’t like it. I found that it works great as an eyeshadow and under eye primer though because those are places where pores tend to be a lot less noticeable anyways.
Jessica M.
Cincinnati, OH
This primer boasts an ingredient list more akin to a serum, so that softens the $38 price tag, but may not be worth the extra dough if your main reason for using a primer is to soften the appearance of fine lines and pores.

While this primer does a great job of soothing skin and adding enough moisture to help makeup glide on easily, it does not have the pore-smoothing and mattifying capabilities of a silicone based primer. If you’re looking for a hydration boost that won’t slip around under your makeup, this may be an option, but for most people, your daily moisturizer can do all of the same things.
Hailee R.
Clinton, UT
I have sensitive, acne prone, oily skin.. and I have a hard time trying to find a foundation primer that is 1. Light 2. Won’t break me out 3. Won’t make my foundation look cakey. 4 isn’t sticky!! This foundation primer is so awesome. It’s gel based and a little goes a long way! When I put it on my skin it made me feel so hydrated and dried down fast. My foundation applied like a dream and lasted me a good 12 hours with only 1 touch up in 100° Utah weather. I feel like to get the best results from this you should rub it into your skin and then let it sit for about 5 mins.
Shyanne C.
Nacogdoches, TX
I find that stickier primers tend to work a little better and this has no stick to it. It did help my makeup stay on when I have used it, but I also used a setting spray. But every time I put it on it feels more like a moisturizer or something just to prep my skin before applying makeup. The texture of it kind of scares me because it feels like my makeup could literally slide right off of it, but it doesn’t do that I promise. It’s not oily either if that’s something you worry about. I would recommend if you’re doing a light look, it will give your face a slight glow, but don’t depend on it for those long work days or long nights out.
Natalie C.
How good is this product? Does it compare to a more affordable primer?
Kristine E.
Terrace, BC
Mimi E.
Hermosa Beach , CA
help! I am in need of a foundation primer that actually works and doesn't break me out! I have very sensitive skin! I have heard a few good things about the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer and I wondered what everyone's thoughts were or if you can suggest something else! Thanks!
McKenzie M.
Atlanta, GA
My friends rave about this product. Does it work for dry skin?
Heather S.
Ankeny, IA
Do you use this every time?

back