10 colors available

BY LAURA MERCIER #80 in Liquid Foundation

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer, 1.7 oz. Beauty Shop by Category - Makeup see more...

• help! I am in need of a foundation primer that actually works and d...4 Answers
  • Which is better Laura Mercier Foundation Primer or BareMinerals Pri...2 Answers
  • Does this product cover freckles?1 Answers
  • "highly recommend this and the radiance primer." in 1 review
  • "I find myself using less foundation and all you need is a little bit." in 1 review
  • "A little goes a long way with this product!" in 1 review
  • "Because the tinted moisturizer did break me out and didn't make my skin look flawless I probably will not repurchase this primer." in 1 review
  • "Really smooth and natural looking for a lasting effect. " in 1 review
Tony C.
Tony C.
I really liked this primer at first because of how moisturizing it is and how it prepped my skin. I found it somewhat helped with my makeup lasting too.

The issue I had was the smell. I wasn't too fond of it. Also, the price of this was not justifiable for me. It kind of made me oily later on. I already have oily skin, but this primer stopped helping with my makeup lasting. I think the way it made my face really moisturized didn't help with the lasting power. It felt too heavy and I needed a lighter moisturizing primer, which I have found already for a much cheaper price!

I still think this is a decent product, but I'd recommend this to normal/dry skin. Always try it out in store or get a sample first though just to be safe because $36 for a primer is a lot!
Katie C.
Katie C.
Washington
This is my absolute FAVORITE primer of all time that I have discovered so far. After applying it to my face, even before I put my foundation on after my face takes a complete 360° in texture, color, and judging by the looks of it! This primer makes my face have a natural glow, which I had a huge trouble finding until I found this! I definitely recommend this for anyone. I have noticed a huge change in the quality of my makeup even after 12 hours my makeup foundation is still in tact. I also love the face that ever since I've been using Laura mercier, my acne has tremendously approved!
Courtney S.
Courtney S.
Mahwah, NJ
I have oily, sensitive skin so I can be very picky with my face primers. I ordered this one on a whim during the Sephora VIB sale and have been using it consistently for a few weeks now. It applies much like a lotion, does not have that slick silicone feel to it, which I appreciate. But what really impressed me was how well it extended the wear time of my makeup. Usually around hour 6 at work, my makeup begins to break down but I came home after an 8.5 hour shift and my makeup still looked great. I definitely recommend for people with combo to oily skin.
Tyler C.
Tyler C.
Los Angeles, CA
This is honestly one of the best primers I've ever used. I was a huge fan of the SmashBox photo finish and the Maybelline baby face primers for their textures, but this feels like a really light moisturizer. Also, I have oily skin so it really helps that this is oil-free. After you put it on, it feels a little bit thicker and sticky and then it dries a bit. Perfect for any type of foundation. Definitely fills in my huge pores in my t-zone. Love love love!
Kristen H.
Kristen H.
Charlotte, NC
Review for: Hydrating
I use nothing but Laura Mercier products. Over the years I tried everything when it came to makeup, so many products cause me to break out or made my skin look orange; Laura Mercier is worth every penny. I always use the foundation primer when I know I am going to have to wear a ton of make-up. When I am just running around town I swear by her tinted moisturizer, nothing else and I always get complimented on how fresh my skin looks. A must buy
Hannah G.
Hannah G.
Agoura Hills, CA
Absolutely love this primer I've been using it for many years now. It is super hydrating and feels super light on the skin which is so rare to have in a hydrating primer. I have extremely dry skin and this primer is excellent for my skin without having to layer on the cakey creams. I would definitely recommend this product to anybody who has dry skin and wants a nice lightweight primer. Definitely worth the pick up.
Melissa M.
Melissa M.
Union, NJ
This product is okay. I find that it does not cover up my pores as much as I'd like it to, it feels a bit sticky, and leaves my skin oily, but I still do use it if I need some extra moisture or if I don't have any other primers to use. It does leave the foundation looking smooth, but because of my skin type, I just don't think it's suited for me. It would probably be better for someone with dryer skin.
Elizabeth N.
Elizabeth N.
Danbury, CT
Review for: Hydrating
I liked this primer, but it is nothing to write home about. It was nice and hydrating, and is good for those with acne prone skin, as I didn't break out. But my makeup did melt off around the 4-5 hour mark, cueing me to blot. It didn't prevent any melting (but I don't believe that is the purpose of the product, so I can't hold that against the primer).
I wouldn't repurchase, but I'm glad I tried it!
Winnie T.
Winnie T.
Flushing, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Prior to using this foundation primer, I didn't use anything else before my foundation. Someone at Sephora had recommended this because of Laura Mercier's quality - began using it and it has improved the overall look of my skin when I use those this primer and foundation. It does a great job in making sure that your skin looks smooth and even - and it also feels great when you put it on!
Alexandra S.
Alexandra S.
Franklin, WI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've used this product for several years now I do love it but my next primer once finished with my current tube will definitely be at Laura's radiance foundation primer. I'm hoping by using this I will achieve the glowing look that makes your makeup look flawless without having to use additional products, such as powders...which can get a little 'cakey' looking. Less is more, I HOPE!!
Natalie C.
Natalie C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
How good is this product? Does it compare to a more affordable primer?
McKenzie M.
McKenzie M.
Atlanta, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
My friends rave about this product. Does it work for dry skin?
MISHA S.
MISHA S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am looking for a primer that eliminates blemishes. Is this a good one?
Kristine E.
Kristine E.
Terrace, BC
Heather S.
Heather S.
Ankeny, IA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Do you use this every time?