BY LAURA MERCIER #21 in Face Primer

What it is:

15-hour longwearing, oil free liquid foundation with a matte finish and weightless medium to full coverage.

Details:

All the wear, all the coverage, without the weight. Laura’s longest wearing foundation of flawless full coverage and 15 hours of wear fused into one weightless formula. High-performance wear that’s sweat, humidity, water and transfer resistant. Colour stays true all day and won’t oxidize. Coated pigments glide on to create buildable medium to full colour that beautifully evens out skin tone and minimizes the look of pores and imperfections. Controls oil immediately and throughout the day. Matte finish is never dull, flat or cakey. Weightless texture looks, fits and feels like a second skin. Skin-fusion technology provides ultimate longwear with comfortable, breathable ease.

Medium to Full weightless coverage.

Matte finish.

Ideal for all skin types, especially normal to oily.

Formulation Details

Oil free. Fragrance-free. Non-comedogenic. Dermatologist-tested. Talc-free.

• Is there anybody as excited about this new voxbox as I am?! Like ...4 Answers
  • I want to try this!! I have oily skin does it dry down matte or i...4 Answers
  • Thoughts on Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Ultra-Longwear Foundati...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Sabrina D.
Sabrina D.
Review for: Creme
Hi guys! "Stick foundation person" here, sometimes even just tinted moisturizer and concealer, but I do love (and trust) the Laura Mercier brand so when Influenster sent me this to try (COMPLIMENTARY for my honest review) I was interested. I got the SHADE "1N1 Crème", it is a tad too light for me, but I was picking from online, but please be careful with the frosted bottle because this can alter the actual shade's appearance but once you get your perfect shade you'll get to enjoy all of these pros.
I am going to break this review down into the following sections: 1) Packaging 2) Consistency 3)Intensity 4) Wear 5) Final Thoughts
1) Packaging: Firstly, the packaging is glass, you can see and feel the sleek quality, as you'd expect with Mercier (and the price tag). It comes in a pump which is definitely sanitary, but what is great is that this pump doesn't restrict you to pushing out a full pump, you can do a half pump if you need so you don't waste too much product. For me personally, I like using as little as possible, when I get to coverage you'll understand why ;)The top is a nice touch, it is not pure black, there is a nice wood-esque pattern to it when you look closely. I like the attention to detail.
2) Consistency: from the very first pump you can tell that it is very liquidy, it does not come out in thick "globs" but more like drops. I tried the drip test on the back of my hand and it did not run down my hand but it did move slowly. On the face, it is very lightweight and has a "barely there" feeling.
3) Intensity: This is not a thick foundation, however it is very pigmented. For this reason I like to use probably a dime sized amount for my face. I use a dense buffing brush to buff it in for a flawless finish. For those who like to use beauty blenders, you'll probably want more product. Once on the face, the liquid disperses beautifully and it is on the higher end of medium coverage. Since I got a fair shade, I am actually able to use it as a concealer on my imperfections without have to use any other concealing product. It is buildable so if it does not cover any harsh blemishes in the first go, do try to layer it up.
4) Wear: This is marketed as an "Ultra-Longwear Foundation", so right off the bat, I knew I had to put this to the test. July 4th was that day. I put this on at noon, I live in Miami (aka 100 degrees + humidity), I did set it with Laura's famous translucent setting powder to lock it in. It truly stood the test of time from 12 o'clock noon to well after midnight and 1am. I was truly impressed by not only the lasting power but no oxidation (hallelujah!), did not budge/melt/get clammy. I kid you not when I say it looked absolutely *beautiful* in pictures, no flashback (keep in mind this is a really fair shade!), my skin looked airbrushed but not fake (because I apply lightly). I was blown away that it hadn't melted off or transferred. Also it is matte but does not leave your face "flat" if you know what I mean, there is a certain radiance to it.
5) Final thoughts: When I first got this I was definitely 50% skeptic 50% curious. It wasn't "Love At First Swatch" (as I like to call it) as I got a slightly lighter shade than my actual tone, but it was the test of time in my wearing section that really persuaded me that this was a 5-star foundation. All the claims in the product description are spot on, it is an Ultra-longwear foundation, is light on the skin, medium-full coverage, withstands humidity, etc. Thus far, I have no complaints.
All in all, I definitely recommend getting this for anyone who wants a buildable long lasting foundation with an amazing brand such as Laura Mercier.
-Sabrina
Rachel O.
Rachel O.
Akron, OH
Review for: Shell
I haven't had this product long and it is already in my top 3 favorite foundations ever. This foundation lives up to everything it promises, which is a huge deal. I have tried various foundations searching for the "holy grail" and Flawless Fusion is a strong competitor. I received this product in 1C1, Shell, which was considered a cool tone. This is my only real disappointment with the product, the cool tone felt a little warm and I wish I had chosen a neutral tone. I received this product free in a voxbox and was unable to sample the shades in person before receiving. This shade is great for me in the summer but in the winter I may prefer one of the neutral shades instead. Previously, I was using Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup, because I had heard a lot of hype about it but after trying Flawless Fusion I'm not sure I would go back. I am so pleased with how quick and easy this stuff is to apply. This foundation goes on like a dream. This stuff is truly fuss free and that is my absolute favorite part about it. The coverage is basically full and doesn’t need much building. I also noticed, as described, it sets fast. I love that it does that! So much less messy and I am not smearing it all over while trying to complete the rest of my look. It saves a lot of time and effort to have quick and easy coverage. For some reason though I had a little trouble with this foundation separating on my nose but otherwise the wear was even and smooth. With a little building and some translucent powder I was able to get the product to settle nicely on my nose as well. The coverage of this foundation is nice. I would say its medium to full but honestly there were only a few spots like the apples of my cheeks and my nose that I had to build up a little. The rest of my face was one and done and I love how easy this foundation made my routine. I have normal to dry skin and when using this foundation my face was the perfect balance. This foundation did not smudge, patch, or sweat off within reason. I would say this is a matte finish foundation that works well with normal to dry skin. I was pleased with the hydration of this product. My second day trying Flawless Fusion I wore it to an outdoor function where I would be in and out of the water and in the heat all day long and my look stayed in place. I completed my look with the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder and it worked wonders. By the end of the day I didn’t feel like my face looked patchy or too oily. It also seemed to stay on well. I was very satisfied with the wear of this foundation. The packaging of this foundation is one of the better ones I’ve tried. The applicator is awesome and mess free. I love that this design prevents me from getting foundation everywhere it shouldn't be. The pump feature is always appreciated and the bottle is gorgeous and sleek, which is an added bonus. Overall, I felt that this product was one of the best foundations I’ve ever tried. I love that my look stays in place all day and that I can pair it with the translucent loose setting powder for extra staying power and touch ups throughout the day. This foundation preforms wonderfully in the summer months. When my complimentary bottle runs out, I will be purchasing another one, just maybe in a more neutral shade for the winter. Check out my complete look in the photos!
Paige B.
Paige B.
Review for: Vanille
I received foundation Vanillé 1N2 complimentary from Influenster (amazing- I ️ Influenster) and have really been liking it! The foundation I've used for the last 6 months is the Kat Von D Lock It. The Laura Mercier is not as much coverage as the Kat Von D, but I don't think it's supposed to be.
This foundation is light and creamy- and goes on the skin beautifully. My favorite part is that it's SO blendable and builadable. I have some hormonal acne on my lower jaw area and it was so easy to conceal and then layer the Laura Mercier on top.
Because I chose the shade online, it is a little light for my skin but that's no problem because I just bronzed it up and it's perfect. The pigment also warmed up after about 10 minutes on my skin.
The foundation itself is pretty medium coverage but that's perfect for summer. My skin feels like it can breathe, and it isn't cakey looking at all.
My one criticism of the product is that the wear isn't as long as I'd like it to be. It lasted about 5ish hours on my face completely, and then I noticed that the coverage in my problem areas was significantly less than when I first put it on.
I'm honestly super satisfied with the product and am so glad I have a foundation to wear on hot summer days where I don't feel like my skin is suffocating under a thick goop.
Darian J.
Darian J.
Gardner, KS
Review for: Creme
I LOVE LAURA MERCIER'S FLAWLESS FUSION FOUNDATION. I'm using the shade 1N1 Creme and it matches my skin tone perfectly right now(I'm super pale but right now I have a little bit of a tan). This is a lightweight, long wearing medium to full coverage liquid foundation with a matte coverage.This foundation is pretty pigmented and feels like silk on your skin. I like that there are more than a few shades to choose from so everybody is able to try it out! I was using the hourglass stick foundation but it was a little heavy for summer where the Flawless Fusion foundation is SOO much lighter it doesn't feel heavy at all. I have oily combo. skin this foundation didn't slide around my face/transfer or make my oiliness look awful. I would definitely say if you have oily skin and you're looking for something that is going to stay in place all day I would try this foundation. This foundation will work for dry skin too but it could stick to some dry patches, I would recommend mixing a little moisturizer in it for dry skin.This foundation does dry pretty fast so I would blend it into your skin as you apply it. It looks very flawless on, I just love it! This lasted all day on my face without separating, I did bake and set my face with Laura Mercier's translucent finishing powder and it looks so flawless and smooth in photos! I did receive this complimentary from Influenster and Laura Mercier but all opinions I promise I've formed myself.
Christine S.
Christine S.
Los Angeles, CA
Review for: Buff
I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! 5 out of 5, 100/100, 10 OUT OF 10 in my book. Now, let's talk about why.

First off, this foundation (my shade being Buff) is full coverage, which is right up my alley. I may not have a lot of blemishes or scarring on my skin, BUT I definitely do have uneven skin tone (lots of redness in those cheeks) so I like to even everything out with a full coverage product.

What I also LOVE about this foundation is that it is super light-weight, meaning it is my go-to summer foundation. I love warmer weather, but when summer comes around, I sweat A LOT. So, because of warmer weather and beautiful sunshine, I need a foundation that will not only go on flawlessly, but will also stay on all day long without smearing or smudging or caking up due to all that sweat.

Another bonus to this foundation is that it not only is light-weight, but it also goes on matte. There is nothing I hate more in summer than using a foundation that makes me look like a highlighted, shimmery, wet summer goddess (BECAUSE I SWEAT I NEED MATTE EVERYTHING). Everyone loves highlight, but only in the places we specifically want highlighted (AMIRITE).

Last, but definitely not least, I loved this product because it perfectly matches me. Look at the photo above: my face with the foundation perfectly matches my neck with nothing on it. I was sold on this product as soon as I took the photos and realized my skin has never looked so flawless!!
Victoria B.
Victoria B.
Frisco, TX
Half Face Makeup Review.
👈Left Side: No Foundation
👉Right Side: Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Ultra-Longwear Foundation (3N2) Honey

🤝🤝THANK YOU:🤝🤝
Thankful to have received this complimentary products from Influenster - the highly talked about new Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Ultra-Longwear Foundation. The foundation is currently available in 20 fully fused Shades exclusively at Sephora and www.LauraMercier.com. I wear (3N2) Honey and top it off with the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder.

💋💋BACKGROUND:💋💋
I usually wear full coverage, long lasting foundations such as Estee Lauder Double Wear and L'oreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundations. I have oily skin and always have issues with foundations lasting and have trouble finding a good buildable formula that doesn’t look cakey.

💄💄FINAL THOUGHTS:💄💄
Overall Very Pleased – I recommend it! in using this product I immediately realized how extremely lightweight the product was and still provided me with full coverage. I found it best applied with a foundation brush because of the liquidy consistency; a beauty blender will definitely soak up a lot of the product. The foundation is very buildable and the finish looks like health REAL SKIN so it is great for both an everyday look and a full face. I topped it off with the TLSP and it lasted me about 10 hours.
Amanda M.
Amanda M.
Frankln Frnce, OH
Review for: Macadamia, Buff
I received a sample of this from Sephora with an online order I had placed. The delux sample was in the color BUFF. I really liked it a lot but was maybe a tad bit to dark . I bought this in the color Macadamia. That color to me seemed to light. I did mix the two colors together for a perfect color match!! There is so many good things to say about this product! A few negatives but overall I would purchase again! The pros being yes, it is full coverage . Very buildable. Yes it dries to a matte finish. Blends well (with a brush) now a few negatives, it was a little drying . You have to work this product in the certain area immediately. If not it will dry!! I used this foundation with a beauty blender and immediately said I'm taking this back! It was horrible, clung to dry and patchy afeas so badly! I read online to not use a beauty blender but to use a brush. It was such a difference it was amazing!! This is an honest review and I did not receive this product for sample purposes. This was a purchased out of pocket. Yes I would recommend but be sure to use the right applicator, being a brush and not a beauty blender etc. be sure to prime good bc of the dryness.
Katie S.
Katie S.
Corona, CA
Review for: Macadamia
I like this, but I don't absolutely love it yet.  I have normal combination skin, and find this to be very drying.  The finish is definitely matte, but a more demi-matte and on first application looks absolutely beautiful.  But it doesn't wear as well as I would hope, and I've tried multiple primers with it as well as multiple powders where I do get oily.  From far away the foundation looks great, and it photographs nicely without any flashback.  But up close, my skin looks dry and aged.  My husband insists that this foundation makes me look 15 years older.  Eeek.  I started mixing it with the Complexion Rescue tinted moisturizer from Bare Minerals and it did help with the dryness, but I STILL look super dry after a few hours.  I put straight oil on my face, followed by a heavy moisturizer and then the Too Faced Hangover RX primer and I'm looking like a desert.  I really want to make this work for me because it matches so perfectly, but I can't see this working for dry or normal skin.  But then where I am oily it breaks down.  It's just very odd.  Maybe my expectations are too high, but I keep comparing it to my Estee Lauder Double Wear and I still think that is a better foundation over all.
Keren T.
Keren T.
Portland, OR
Review for: Macadamia
I received this foundation to review and although the color was a little light, I really liked it! It gave me good coverage and stayed matte all day. My skin type is normal to dry with an oily t-zone. There were definitely a couple of drawbacks though. The biggest one is the dry time. This stuff dries quick so you need to work super fast. Also you need to definitely get it right the first time because this isn't buildable foundation. I tried adding a second layer and ended up with a blotchy mess because it's jus picked up the first layer. I applied it with a damp a beauty blender on to skin that had been moisturized and sprayed with fix+. I also would not recommend this for dry skin. My skin looked quite textured where it is the driest but it worked wonders for my t-zone. (Usually have trouble with foundation sliding off my nose) I would definitely recommend this for oily to normal skin. Unless your skin is textured and dry, this should work well. My skin looked flawless.

#complimentary #contest #flawlessfusion @influenster @lauramercier @sephora
Emily D.
Emily D.
Louisville, KY
Review for: Linen
I'm so happy I got this complementary from influenster!

This product does as it advertises: medium to full coverage, long lasting and matte finish.

I've used it when I was going to be outside in the heat/humidity and it stayed matte and didn't smudge or wear off. I would highly recommend the splurge on this foundation if you want a long lasting one. It's also very buildable so you can get fuller coverage if needed.

My only note is that I probably should have chosen a shade lighter (downside to picking shades online and not in-person), but it blends nicely and is a bit darker for summer tan.

Edit: I had been using this by unscrewing the top completely (thinking that's how it was supposed to be), until the other day I discovered there big top will pop off and there's a pump... much cleaner application. I'm only slightly embarrassed I didn't notice sooner.
Lauline G.
Lauline G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
While I love light foundations (i.e. Too Faced Born this Way foundation & Urban Decay One & Done Color Perfector or a good BB cream) I need something that has medium to full coverage. Does this foundation have that coverage yet feel light on the skin at the same time?
Keely J.
Keely J.
Phoenix, AZ
Beauty Junkie Expert
How is this foundation for dry skin? How is the coverage?
Whitney S.
Whitney S.
Lascassas , TN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I want to try this!! I have oily skin does it dry down matte or is it a dewy finish?
shawna c.
shawna c.
Orlando, FL
Is there anybody as excited about this new voxbox as I am?! Like 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍
Jessica R.
Jessica R.
Pineville, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this work well for oily skin? Do I have to use a primer? How about acne-prone skin? Aging?