BY LAURA GELLER

Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten Beauty Shop by Category - Makeup see more...

• I love her blushes! Does her foundation apply just as well?2 Answers
  • Can a darker shade be used as a contour or bronzer? 1 Answers
  • Is this a highlighter? Looks like one but not sure2 Answers
Stephanie R.
Stephanie R.
I have a very porcelain complexion and I only use any Fondation to make my skin an even color, I have some light variations so I just want to even them out.
I have tried dozens of liquid and powder foundations and I was never satisfied with the look.

4 years ago I decided to order a Laura Gellar tsv inn QVC. When it arrived I knew I was in love with the eye shadows and the lipsticks, I was expecting the powder foundation (called balance and brighten).
How wrong I was! The powder is a solid that is swirled with color correction shades mixed in. It's applied with a brush giving me the control to put on as many layers that I need. For my skin I only need 1 thin layer and my skin looks perfect. I have used nothing else since finding Balance and Brighten.
It costs more than the drug store brand, and it's worth it. 1 compact of it lasts me more than 8 months.
Chloe H.
Chloe H.
Royal Oak, MI
This is seriously the only pressed powder makeup I'll use as a foundation (and works as a coverup) it covers all my flaws and I have pretty bad acne prone skin. Layering it definitely helps and make sure you use a primer with it, I really like pairing it with this pore vanishing stick I've been using but can't remember which brand it is at the moment, it came in a recent voxbox though. The formula is silky smooth but a lot comes off onto the brush unlike some pressed powders that I find really challenging to apply without digging into them. My only complaint is that it doesn't last as long as others that I use and it's pretty pricey, if I had lots of mula to blow I would pick it up in bulk though lol.
Meagan W.
Meagan W.
Argyle, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I'm not a big fan of powder foundations. My skin is oily, and I much prefer liquid foundations. I was given this in a set with Laura Geller mascara, blush, and lip gloss and am always willing to give new products a chance. The shade I tried was the one that is slightly darker than the lightest shade. It gave very sheer coverage and when I tried to build the coverage, my face ended up darker than my neck (and then my neck darker than my chest when I blended it downward), which as we all know is not a good look. Also, my concealer didn't blend as well on top of this foundation as it does with liquid foundations. This is not the right base for me.
Samantha C.
Samantha C.
Santa Maria, CA
I tried this foundation after I fought with myself for the price. I had tried other mineral powder foundations and was looking for one without a heavy feel to it. I purchased through QVC (sometimes it's a today special value or on easy pay). I love the lightweight feel. I purchased it in medium and have not felt like it was too dark or too light. It evens my skin tone and brightens a little blush and eye shadow and I am out the door. It does last a long time a little goes a long way. I am almost done and I am sad that I will need to buy another one. I use it everyday and I have not experienced any breaking of the powder.
Kambria M.
Kambria M.
Bellingham, WA
The best powder I've ever tried! (and I've tried a lot if powders) First of all, porcelain is actually a porcelain color! It's the only powder I've found that actually works for my pale skin. The texture is very soft and smooth, Nd not powdery at all. I've never noticed this powder kick up product when putting a brush into the pan. This powder stays put, sets makeup super well and doesn't get oily or exaggerate dry patches. Its kiterally the perfect powder. There's also a TON of product. You'll not run out any time soon after purchasing it. Worth the splurge!
Emerald G.
Emerald G.
Pomona , CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is the ONLY face powder I've used for the last 2 years!! Since it's a baked cream the texture is not dusty or flaky. Application is so smooth and I love that the pigments are swirled it gives you a naturally radiant even finish I've never gotten so many compliments on my skin before I started using this . I'm in the color Tan for reference I'm a Mac NC42. I got one for my sister since I love it so much and she fell in love she isn't really a "powder" type of girl and she loves this swept over her foundation.
Lisa C.
Lisa C.
I've tried more foundation brands than I can even count and this is by far my favorite of any I have tried. It looks so natural but also provides full coverage when applied with the retractable Laura Geller brush used with the brush almost closed so that just the tips of the bristles show (and I have rosacea and red spots). If just applied with a regular unretracted brush, it applies more like a powder than a foundation. Also, I have dry skin and this does not accentuate the dryness at all. Love, Love, Love!
Jolene M.
Jolene M.
springfield, IL
I am a true porcelain complexion and I have a hard time finding products that are not too yellow on me. This product is lightweight but don't let that fool you the coverage is excellent and evens out skin tones. I love how it gives me a dewy glow. I would highly recommend trying Balance-n-Bright if you haven't tried any of the other Laura Geller products, but I'll warn you I haven't found one that I have not like. I love them all!
Jackie J.
Jackie J.
Falls Church, VA
AN ABSOLUTE STAPLE! I adore Laura Geller's products, but especially this foundation powder. The marbled colors in the powder help it to blend perfectly with your skin. I usually get the medium and it can transition well from summer to winter for me. If I'm getting a little darker, I pair it with the Laura Geller bronzer to darken it up.
Got this in medium in the So Scrumptious Medium kit. I didn't like this at all! I applied it over the Laura Geller Spackle in Champagne & it just looked very powdery. It was also very hard to pick up on the brush. I didn't feel like it looked natural nor did it blend into my skin! BOO! I had high hopes for you Laura Geller. :(
Shannon M.
Shannon M.
sumner, WA
I've been dying to try this but I'm worried about how it looks after applied. Is it dry and flaky?
Mandy L.
Mandy L.
Janesville, WI
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this a highlighter? Looks like one but not sure
Kristina  B.
Kristina B.
Fort Frances , ON
Beauty Junkie Expert
My skin tone is 2y02 or 1y01 which shade of this would be best?
Susanna R.
Susanna R.
Kalamazoo, MI
Can you use this to set make-up too? Is it more translucent or brightening?
Skye S.
Skye S.
Sylacauga, AL
Anyone else get super oily with this? It seems to fade through out the day on me I've tried 2 primers so far no luck