BY LASKO #13 in Fans

The 42" Wind Curve Platinum with Remote Control and Fresh Air Ionizer is a top performer. This tall, gracefully sleek fan complements your d cor while adding cooling comfort to home or office. With three speed settings, and a wide-area oscillation feature, it efficiently provides a gentle breeze throughout a room. Loaded with convenient features, the fan includes a multifunction remote control that stores in a recess in the back, a fresh air ionizer, adjustable louvers in the front grill to control the direction of the air stream, a 7 -hour energy-saving timer, and an easy-carry handle for portability. High-Reaching Tower Design for Maximum Air Delivery. see more...

Buy on Kmart
Rey S.
Rey S.
I have owned the Lasko Wind Curve Platinum for roughly 2 years. I use it EVERY day, I love this thing! I do have a couple of qualms with it unfortunately... First and foremost, if you plan to use it next to your bed at night and you have a tall bed, you are better off with something a bit more off the ground. Having said that, I have found a stand for the fan that works perfectly, I really do love this fan!

Secondly, having owned this fan for quite a while, it has begun to make a new noise after being left on for prolonged periods of time, granted I have had it for about 2 years and it just started.

As far as all of the bells and whistles go... because I use the fan by the bed or near my in room sofa/recliner, it is rare when I use the remote included with the fan, I simply leave the remote in the designated slot in the handle behind the fan. I have yet to replace the batteries in the remote and it still seems to work.

The Timer function; as stated above, I tend to leave the fan on for prolonged periods of time... I think I've used the timer once.

The oscillating feature; THIS is GREAT! as stated before, I use this fan near my bed. At a distance of 4&1/2 feet away, it covers my body from head to toe, I am 5'10". At this distance I can feel the fan's breeze on low.

The Air Ionizer; Not really sure if this is a gimmick or not. I can't tell a difference whether it is turned on or not.

Vy N.
Vy N.
This isn't as noisy as most fans or say ac I've owned. It spins around nicely and gives me a lot of cool air. The remote is so convenient to use. It's also very sleek inside of a fan. I would totally buy this over a fan! Worth your money.
Hope B.
Hope B.
Hemet, CA
Lasko wind curve Platinum fan is pretty cool I think it could be a lot more air in a small room it does great works well
aptil t.
aptil t.
Shenandoah, VA
Decorator Expert
Whats so great about these?