BY LASH CARD

Enid M.
Staten Island, NY
I had received Lash Cards in a subscription and was so excited to try out cause sometimes let be honest you're applying mascara and there's a slip of the hand or wand or you just blink a little too hard and than you have mascara not only on your lashes but on your lids and on your under eyes. Not a good look. Well I thought this Lash Card was going to help me with that...no it didn't. It was so difficult to use. I made more of a mess. For mascara it's not a good product to use for but it still can be used for something else. I use it when I want to create a straight line for my shadow. Instead of putting tape on the corner of my eyes which can pull and tug when you have to remove it. All you have to do is hold the card close to the edge of your eye. Yes that also can be a hit or miss if you don't hold it steady but it won't give you more wrinkles. Would I go out and purchase it....no. Why go out and buy something that honestly can't use for what it's for and for what I can't use for I can just take one of my business cards and it will do the same thing.
Yulissa M.
Hackensack , NJ
Omgg i am so glad that someone has came up with this sort of thing because this is really useful especially for me because everytime I'm putting on mascara it ends up on my eyelid and ruins my eyeshadow but with this my life will be so much easier.
Rebecca O.
Fresno, CA
I received a sample package of Lash Cards in my February Ipsy bag. My initial thought was that they were something I would never purchase but I was interested in giving them a try. I just used them for the first time today and I was left rather unimpressed. While they function just fine and do prevent mascara from being smudged on the brow bone they aren't necessary. I did one eye with the Lash Card and one without and neither was any more "clumpy" than the other. I did multiple coats of mascara on both eyes to see if at some point there would be a difference but there wasn't. These could come in handy in situations where you don't have a steady hand such as during a commute or while traveling. They might also come in handy for people who have very long lashes and have issues with getting mascara on their eyelid or brow bone. The only reason I could think that I might ever use them is if I were doing makeup on someone else. I find it difficult to apply mascara on someone else and I think these would be perfect for that! However, the price point makes them unappealing to me. I wouldn't spend $6.99 for a 10 pack of disposable cards that don't make much of a difference (if any) in the way I apply my makeup isn't worth it to me. Take them or leave them. For some people they could be great but I personally won't be purchasing them again.
Nicole S.
Patterson, NY
I received this as a sample in one of my monthly sub boxes and I'm not feeling it. I understand that a lot of people have trouble apply mascara fully to their lashes while not disrupting their eye makeup... maybe I've been on the mascara wagon so many years that this doesn't pose an issue to me or maybe I just have a very steady hand (no likely), but this did me more harm than good. I held it above my lashes and used the mascara wand to wiggle the lashes up against the card... but when I removed the card, the mascara was everywhere. I thought maybe it was good for bottom lashes... since they are thin and sparse and harder to get to... but no, this pretty much made that worse, too. I think if you do a pretty good job applying mascara as is, then you should skip this. If you do have some troubles applying, consider using this product with a mascara that's on the dry side.
Stephane D.
The good of this product is that it does exactly what it is intended for. It is easy to use (once you have the technique figured out) and is very effective. So it should receive an A right? Wrong. This product is useful, helpful, effective and works every time, but can be easily made with a business card, card stock, or any other paper that has a little stability. Even scrap comp paper that is folded once or twice is just as effective so why would you pay money for it? It's harder to rate this product simply because it is a product that does exactly what it is made for. But it can be so easily made and cheapily made that I cannot resonably say that there would ever be any real need to purchase them. Nice if you want to look proffessional so if you are in the business, sure. I could see having this in your supplies. But as a home cosmetic user? Why bother?
Veronica E.
Norwich, CT
Ya so many of you say this is useless and you don't need it or you can use a business card which is fine. On the other hand if you do makeup on someone else it may not be so easy to do the mascara part. not only are you trying to not poke your client in the eye but you just spent the last 10 minutes perfecting the eye makeup on a bride or a prom princess and the last thing you want is to get mascara on those eyelids! So I would have to say that this is a great tool for makeup artist! It may not be needed for personal use but it does come in handy. For makeup artist it's great! My only complaint when I got this in my Beauty Army box and Ipsy bag was that it should have been made out of plastic so you could reuse but then again the company wouldn't make as much money off of them because you would not need to repurchase them! My advice to the makers of this product would be to sell and advertise on makeup artist supply stores! I believe makeup artist would purchase these for their kits. I know I will!
Shannon G.
San Diego, CA
I received a pack of these in an Ipsy Glambag. I have found that when applying mascara, they help me get all of the lashes I have trouble coating without it. I really love using these when I'm in a rush and don't want to chance getting mascara onto my eye makeup. It really leaves you with a clean look. I find you can use the card multiple times if you manipulate it well, turning it with the contour of your eye as you go. It's kind of a splurge item though, you can do the same thing with business cards or card stock if you take the time to cut them to your eye. It would have you money, but cost you time.
Elizabeth D.
La Quinta, CA
I received a sample of this product during Industry Night at YouTube LA during BeautyCon weekend.

I actually had been using it LIKE CRAZY on clients. I love how close you can get to the lashline and REALLY get in their lashes with the mascara! I wouldn't consider it "a must"; however, I do like the overall concept.

Since I used up the 2 samples I had, I actually switched over to the ELF Studio Mascara & Shadow Shield. I bought it for $3 at Target; however, if Lash Card came up with a washable/reusable solution for this card, I would definitely switch back to it.

Personally, I don't see the need to spend $6.99 for 10 cardboard cards when you can either use a regular business card or get a silicone product that will act as a barrier & you can just wash...
Dominika O.
Pittsburgh, PA
These lash cards are supposed to make sure that you don't get mascara all over your eyes, but they also work great for preventing the fallout from eyeshadow from getting all over your eye and are nice to put in a make-up bag for those times when a mirror is not easily accessible or you want your make-up to be perfect. L like them and think that they can be used multiple times, despite what the package says. My ultimate problem with them is that they are pretty much just a business card with an eye-shaped cutout in it. They're individually wrapped, which is nice I guess, but the company wants you to use 1 per make-up session and for $6.99 for a ten pack, I can't say that I'd buy them again. The three I got from Ipsy will last and they honestly are a clever thing to keep in a bag, but they're not worth the price.
Jocelyn D.
Like many other members, I received this in my February Ipsy Bag. Personally, I already have a foolproof method for preventing and removing mascara mistakes, so I didn't have a use for these. However, I realize that these are very valuable if you like to put your eyeshadow on before mascara and don't want to risk accidents. The best thing about these? They are a one time buy. These cards could honestly last one person such a long time! Each card has at least a month's worth of wear. And although a business card or playing card might be adequate, it won't be so seamlessly shaped to your eyes, which is a really nice benefit to these cards. I've also seen women use these cards to effectively press on their false lashes (much more hygienic than a finger!). So, don't let the naysayers scare you, give these a chance.
Blanca C.
Do you guys really need this? I found it pretty useless.
Robyn W.
Who got this in their ipsy My Glam bag?
Sal M.
Sugar Land, TX
Does it work?
Yahira T.
Well I use my not just for my lashes... I do use it for my eyeliner or eye shadow when I'm tired !! What other creative way you use your lash cards!!??
Amber C.
Annapolis, MD
Can't you do the same thing with a business card or index card?