BY LAPHROAIG WHISKY DISTILLERY

Kenny C.
Washington, DC
About me: I have collected and drank countless single malts for nearly a decade. I prefer Islays, Campbeltowns, and some Speysides. I gravitate toward smokey/peaty cask strength, non-chill filtered whiskies.

The Laphroaig CS is a strong whisky that is not for the novice whisky drinker. The batch number matters, as the flavor of each expression changes. The Batch 002 is my personal favorite: the smokey nose, peaty and sherry finish, but without all the iodine notes common in non-CS Laphroaigs. It's an absolute masterpiece. The Batch 003 is a close runner up. It's very similar with the signature smokey nose, but this one is a tad bit sweeter with a stronger sherry finish. I get hints of Christmas cake and salted caramel, which is wonderful.

However, the subsequent iterations of the CS expression (Batches 004 and 005, namely) fall short of Batches 002 and 003. The briney iodine notes return and they aren't as smokey. That said, Batches 006 and 007 are absolutely worth your while.
Heather H.
Lexington, KY
Laphroaig 10 year as well as Laphroaig quarter cask are by far my favorite scotch available on the market. The smell is an intoxicating moss, peaty, campfire smell that lingers long after the final sip has been taken. I love the way the fragrance has the ability to fill an entire room with just one pour without offending the nose. It doesn't have a sharp bite such as bourbon or whiskey, but allows the warmth to remain. Being a female, I love ordering this at bars and guys looking at me while they sip on a cosmo. Laphroaig straight up, with two ice cubes to chill just the slightest, or a tiny splash of water is all that one needs to bring this beauty to life.
Payal S.
Boston, MA
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
For single malt whiskeys, Laphroaig holds its own. It's up there with Glenlivet and Glenfiddich. The 10 year scotch is smooth and leaves a nice taste on your palate.
Ashleyy D.
Northridge , Ca
This has a very nice and smooth flavor. the undertones are very nice as well. great any way you drink it. i refer on the rocks but it's great either way.
This is my uncle's favorite. I enjoy the flavor compared to other scotch whiskey's it is smooth and has a depth that can be appreciated.
Jessica O.
Wildomar, CA
Charlotte M.
Sherman Oaks, CA
jan t.
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
Yes, yes, yes - give me all the smoke and earth you can fit into a whisky and make the fire water from Scotland, call it Laphroaig.
johanna G.
Pleasanton, CA
My husband loves this scotch. The second he opens it I know it. Strong smell of smoke. Great price.
Jamie P.
Clarksville, TN
Nice smooth flavor. As a new drinker, I've noticed the differences and really enjoy this one.
Jaclyn S.
Saint Robert, MO
Was not a fan of this. Tastes very earthy. Not worth paying for. Extremely dry.
Elizama M.