Laphroaig Single Malt Whiskey  uploaded by Sybil Y.Laphroaig Single Malt Whiskey  uploaded by Sybil Y.

BY LAPHROAIG SINGLE MALT WHISKEY

• Very smokey single malt. Not recommended for inexperienced scotch...1 Answers
  • I've never had this brand. Is it an import 5 Answers
  • What is it best mixed with?7 Answers
Mary T.
Madison, MS
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
This is like drinking liquid charcoal. How you read that sentence is up to you - if you like smokey whisky, look no further than this Scottish masterpiece. If smokey whisky is not your think, run away fast, because this burns like the devil. You don't whisky of much better quality of this regardless of your feel on the smokiness often though.
Paul G.
Antioch, TN
If you are a fan of the Islay region Scotch, then you'll love this one. This one is a peat monster. It's not for beginners to Scotch or for those who don't like a strong taste. Very smokey taste from start to finish. If however you are in the mood for that distinct Islay taste and want to stay under $60, you need to give this one a try.
Cait H.
All whiskey's are not created equal. One sip of Laphroaig and this is something that will be abundantly clear to you. Whether you prefer to drink it straight, or maybe something a little more tame like a Whiskey ginger, it has the perfect amount of kick with a smooth finish that really elevates it to another level. You will be disappointed in yourself once you realize what you've been missing out on.
Brenna G.
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
It's an acquired taste. The first time I had it my nose could hardly handle it, but the next time I enjoyed it. If you add a dash of water it completely alters the flavor, very very nice.
Berkeley K.
Alpine, AZ
I was introduced to Laphroaig while on an assignment to the Northwest last year. One night while eating dinner at a local pub the bartender overheard me mention that I like scotch that has a strong peat flavor to it. He climbed on his ladder to the top shelf of his collection and brought down a dusty green bottle. I was leary at first but the face that he made as he poured me a dram said I was in for a winner. The smell that came to my nose at first sniff was an even stronger indicator.

I find Laphroaig is best neat; no water, no ice, and room temperature. This scotch has a warm and rich flavor with a buttery texture on my tongue; no burn going down but doesn't go down like water either. The color is a lovely gold that I have never seen in any other scotch, even of older vintage or higher shelf.
Philip F.
One of my favorite Whiskys! Fantastic peat flavor!
As you can see my dog loves it too!
If you ever go to Islay you need to go to the distillery.
This is truly a classic Islay malt, but it is not for a first time whisky drinker!
James J.
Bend, OR
Having recently visited Islay (home to 8 single malt distilleries including Laphroaig) and taken the distillery tour- Laphroaig has a special place in my heart. The 10 year old is a great introduction into Islay malts. Peaty, Smoky (which are two different flavors but are famous in Islay Whiskeys) flavors mix well with an oaked bravado that many don't look for in European Whiskey but are found more in American Bourbons. If you like Laphroaig- try out Lagavullin and Ardbeg next!
Sybil Y.
Oakland, CA
If you like smokey peat and salty Islay air - this is it for you. There is no other perfect stereo-type of what Islay single malt should be than Laphroaig.
It's smooth, and super peaty. Not sweet at all, and it has a very long finish. Strong scent. everyone in the room will know if you're sipping on Laphroaig.
The 10 yr is very affordable for a single malt, and very drinkable. The Cask strength is a bit pricier, and definitely stronger.
Heather S.
Laphroaig is a robust scotch, which sets it apart from other scotches. I actually don't really prefer this scotch but my fiance LOVES it. What I do like about this scotch is that it's complex and different. Everyone I've talked to that's tried it comes up with unique flavors that they taste...leather, rubber bands, bacon, brine, sea gulls armpits... like I said unique. That being said don't be scared of this scotch! You should definitely try it if you get a chance!
Catherine B.
Natchitoches, LA
I never thought I'd like a whiskey so strong, but after a tasting a my local Renaissance fair, I fell in love with this. It's very, very peat-y and smokey, but that just adds to the flavor. Unlike Highland Park (which my friend compared to a Christmas ham), Laphroiag's smokey flavor isn't combined with nearly as much spice.

I can only hope to find it again so I can squirrel some away for future sips at the end of a long day.
Lisa S.
What could you mix with this?
Amanda K.
Philadelphia, PA
What is it best mixed with?
Sybil Y.
Oakland, CA
If you like peat, what other scotches would you recommend? I think Bruichladdich Peat is wonderful too!
Donna N. Jeff T.
Kittanning, PA
I've never had this brand. Is it an import
Jellyace V.
Pasig
Will it jive with cola or ginnger ale?