Laphroaig Single Malt Whiskey  uploaded by Sybil Y.Laphroaig Single Malt Whiskey  uploaded by Sybil Y.

BY LAPHROAIG SINGLE MALT WHISKEY #84 in Whiskey

• Very smokey single malt. Not recommended for inexperienced scotch...1 Answers
  • I've never had this brand. Is it an import 5 Answers
  • What is it best mixed with?7 Answers
Mary T.
Oxford, MS
Happy Hour Expert
This is like drinking liquid charcoal. How you read that sentence is up to you - if you like smokey whisky, look no further than this Scottish masterpiece. If smokey whisky is not your think, run away fast, because this burns like the devil. You don't whisky of much better quality of this regardless of your feel on the smokiness often though.
Paul G.
Antioch, TN
If you are a fan of the Islay region Scotch, then you'll love this one. This one is a peat monster. It's not for beginners to Scotch or for those who don't like a strong taste. Very smokey taste from start to finish. If however you are in the mood for that distinct Islay taste and want to stay under $60, you need to give this one a try.
Sonia G.
Fort Lee, NJ
This is my husband's favorite bottle of scotch, we first tried it in a cocktail at a jazz bat and the smokiness won his heart and we have had it in the apartment ever since. If you aren't a scotch fan I would not recommend starting with this one at all
Cait H.
All whiskey's are not created equal. One sip of Laphroaig and this is something that will be abundantly clear to you. Whether you prefer to drink it straight, or maybe something a little more tame like a Whiskey ginger, it has the perfect amount of kick with a smooth finish that really elevates it to another level. You will be disappointed in yourself once you realize what you've been missing out on.
Brenna G.
It's an acquired taste. The first time I had it my nose could hardly handle it, but the next time I enjoyed it. If you add a dash of water it completely alters the flavor, very very nice.
Nathan C.
The ten year old expression of Laphroaig is the quintessential Islay whiskey. Strong, bold, peaty, smoky, manly. I like drinking whiskeys neat, but you can also make some great smokey cocktails with Laphroaig 10 year-old.
Philip F.
One of my favorite Whiskys! Fantastic peat flavor!
As you can see my dog loves it too!
If you ever go to Islay you need to go to the distillery.
This is truly a classic Islay malt, but it is not for a first time whisky drinker!
Chelsea D.
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm not the biggest scotch drinker but for whatever reason, Laphroaig appeals to my senses. I love its peaty and briney flavor, served neat. The best part is that it's too smokey and strong for others, so they don't steal your drink!
Yusbreili G.
Salty and completely smoky. It is an absolutely wonderful nose and flavor. My favorite whisky hands down. It tastes and smells like a campfire. King of he peated whiskeys in my opinion.
Peter W.
Fort Collins, CO
One of my favorites! It's like having a liquid campfire in your mouth. It's definitely not for everyone though. For the price, it's a very good scotch.
Lisa S.
What could you mix with this?
Amanda K.
Philadelphia, PA
What is it best mixed with?
Sybil Y.
Oakland, CA
If you like peat, what other scotches would you recommend? I think Bruichladdich Peat is wonderful too!
Donna N. Jeff T.
Kittanning, PA
I've never had this brand. Is it an import
Jellyace V.
Pasig
Will it jive with cola or ginnger ale?