L'ANGE™ RIVAL Heat Shield

Turn up the heat, while dialing down damage with this botanical infused-thermal protection spray, expertly formulated for use with heat styling and our professional grade hot tools.

Paraben free.

THE INSIDE

Perk #1 - Hot off the press.
Your hot tool gadgets will glide effortlessly through hair, creating celeb-coveted shine and salon-status sexiness. Whether you play it straight with flat irons, boost body with blowouts, or twirl tresses around out L’ange beach-worthy wands, you’ll prep and protect tresses from being scorched, fried, frayed, and damaged, while getting all day, stay-put hold to your style.

Perk #2 – Keratin counts!
Get your keratin fix with this simple to use spray. The original protein-packed ingredient is infused into every droplet of this pro-grade, thermal protection potion to give your strands camera-ready glamour and gleam, while strengthening and supporting hair’s internal structure.

Perk #3 - The best UV protectant (and more) under the sun.
A slew of botanicals, such as calming chamomile, strand-smoothing safflower, and healing jojoba wonderfully integrated with lemongrass and powerhouse antioxidant vitamin E is like getting your daily dose of defense against environmental and lifestyle stressors, plus nourishment, conditioning, and reparative power – all in one super strand-saving spray. Count on keeping your color – and your hair.

Game Changers:

Jojoba Oil - A richly hydrating, fatty acid-infused botanical oil extracted from the nut of an indigenous American shrub, this sought-after, superb botanical oil is the only one whose compounds are nearly identical to those found in human skin oil. Because of its stark relativity, skin and hair drink it in, without being left greasy, matted, or weighed down. When jojoba is added to any hair product, it naturally removes excess sebum and debris, free follicles to produce new, healthy hair growth. Just a few drops added to strands save them from snapping and splitting, while leaving a protective coat.

Safflower Oil - Rich in both oleic and linoleic acids, including omega 6 fatty acids, safflower oil stimulates circulation to the scalp, promoting thick, healthy hair growth. Safflower oil also safeguards the scalp and follicles against damage, while strengthening hair structure.

Birch Extract - Extracted from the leaf and bark of the illustrious White Birch Tree, this antioxidant-enriched astringent helps free follicles of bacteria and scalp of inflammation. Its purifying properties contain high levels of triterpenes, which have been scientifically-proven to boost the beauty and vitality of hair and skin.

HOW TO

Spray all over hair before using heat-activated styling tools. To add volume at the base, lift hair and spray between layers. Caution: Flammable. Do not use near open flame or while smoking. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep out of reach of children.

INGREDIENTS

SD Alcohol 40-B/ Alcohol Denat., Water/Aqua/Eau, VP/VA Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Fragrance/Parfum, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Arctium Lappa (Burdock) Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Betula Alba Bark Extract, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Denatonium Benzoate, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Linalool.

L'ANGE™ RIVAL Heat Shield ? Do it work on all hair types
Is this heat shield as awesome as they say? I have the Lange wands, the dry shampoo, salt and sea spray, and the marula oil. I absolutely love their products, I’m just picky about heat shield. Is it sticky or make your hair oily? L'ANGE™ RIVAL Heat Shield
Is this product good? Does it really reduce damage?
Start your review of L'ANGE™ RIVAL Heat Shield!
This product smells heavenly! I didn't use to use a heat shield, but since I've been using this product I've seen a difference. I highly recommend this product! They also have travel size bottles of the heat shield which is so convienent for traveling! It's worth the money!
Las Vegas, NV
This is such a great product. I bought a few products when they had the $9 sale and I’m so glad I gave in. This spray has really protected my hair whenever I curl it. I’m not sure about the blow drying since I always air dry my hair to avoid too much heat. To me it kind of smells like hair spray which can be a little strong but it does go away. I would definitely recommend this.
Dark Brown / Brittleness, Color Protection, Damage / Dry, Straight, Thin
Blue Springs
I want to love this heat spray but it feels so sticky to me. It kind of makes my hair feel a bit tacky after I use it. I don’t spray a lot but I still get the sticky feeling you get from a bad hairspray. I adore all my other hair care products from L’ange but to be honest I’m only continuing to use this because I’m cheap and I don’t want to waste my money. We will see how long I stick with that last statement before I go buy a different brands heat shield. I am glad I didn’t pay full price for this
Dark Brown / Anti-Aging, Brittleness, Color Protection / Dry, Oily, Wavy
Sugar Land, TX
This product is a life changer for me. I’ve tried multiple heat protectant sprays and didn’t think they were as affective as this one. The heat shield truly works and protects hair from getting damaged. L’ange always has amazing sales so the product is affordable as well. Personally, I am not a big fan of the scent of the product but that won’t stop me from continuing to purchase this product because it truly works!
Black / Color Protection, Damage, Frizz / Dry, Wavy, Chemically Treated
Moses lake, WA
I do like this product. It doesn’t smell great, like chemically smell, but I’ve heard others say it smells like the ocean... so big difference I think. I use it daily. It doesn’t weigh down your hair or make it gummy like some others do. It’s pretty light weight for sure. I still notice split ends even after using this and my Kenra spray. But very good price for product! Purchased many of them on my own.
Medium Brown / Brittleness, Damage, Dandruff / Oily, Wavy, Fine
Worcester, MA
I love all L'ANGE Products. This one is no different. I love the smell and how fine the mist itself is so it doesnt weigh down my hair. I will continue to purchase from this brand. They often have $9 haircare sales so I recommend waiting for then to make a purchase otherwise you spend quite a bit on very small products. Though you dont need much so they last a while.
Columbus, OH
This product smells amazing, has kept my hair from being overly damaged. Normally I would have to cut it every 4-5 months because the split ends and damage would be so bad, however since I've been using the heat shield when I do my hair, it's been over 7 months since I've gotten my hair cut and it still looks good! It smells fantastic and does its job.
64451
I like the heat shield, but hate the texture it gives my hair. Sometime I prefer no texture. I want a sleek look and this gives it more body than I want, but other than it really is nice for my hair. I have used better heat protectors but this is a good one. I would buy it again. When they have their 9.00 sale. I would not pay full price for it.
Dark Brown / Color Protection, Dandruff, Dry Scalp / Dry, Normal, Straight
Payson
I like this product because the idea of it is great and that if you want more volume it helps with that and hold as well. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 was because of the way it sprays. I personally don’t like how it makes my hair “wet” at first. It does dry fast and It still does its job and I will continue to use it!
Hayward
Have used this about a week and have noticed great differences about my hair. It’s less limp it’s more shiney it looks healthier and feels softer and smoother. I am using a few other of this ranges products so unsure if it’s solely down to this one alone. I use with the leave in conditioner the posh serum and the satin nectar serum
Dark Brown / Brittleness, Damage, Dandruff / Dry, Wavy, Coarse
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Terre Haute
6 days ago
L'ANGE™ RIVAL Heat Shield ? Do it work on all hair types
Katelyn S. • 5 days ago
Yes it does!! It makes it super soft too, not oily at all.
Lexington , OH
7 months ago
Christina C. • 4 months ago
I liked the product ok. It left my hair extremely dry though. And my hair is already really dry. I won’t be purchasing it again.