L'ANGE™ RIVAL Heat Shield

Turn up the heat, while dialing down damage with this botanical infused-thermal protection spray, expertly formulated for use with heat styling and our professional grade hot tools.

Paraben free.

THE INSIDE

Perk #1 - Hot off the press.
Your hot tool gadgets will glide effortlessly through hair, creating celeb-coveted shine and salon-status sexiness. Whether you play it straight with flat irons, boost body with blowouts, or twirl tresses around out L’ange beach-worthy wands, you’ll prep and protect tresses from being scorched, fried, frayed, and damaged, while getting all day, stay-put hold to your style.

Perk #2 – Keratin counts!
Get your keratin fix with this simple to use spray. The original protein-packed ingredient is infused into every droplet of this pro-grade, thermal protection potion to give your strands camera-ready glamour and gleam, while strengthening and supporting hair’s internal structure.

Perk #3 - The best UV protectant (and more) under the sun.
A slew of botanicals, such as calming chamomile, strand-smoothing safflower, and healing jojoba wonderfully integrated with lemongrass and powerhouse antioxidant vitamin E is like getting your daily dose of defense against environmental and lifestyle stressors, plus nourishment, conditioning, and reparative power – all in one super strand-saving spray. Count on keeping your color – and your hair.

Game Changers:

Jojoba Oil - A richly hydrating, fatty acid-infused botanical oil extracted from the nut of an indigenous American shrub, this sought-after, superb botanical oil is the only one whose compounds are nearly identical to those found in human skin oil. Because of its stark relativity, skin and hair drink it in, without being left greasy, matted, or weighed down. When jojoba is added to any hair product, it naturally removes excess sebum and debris, free follicles to produce new, healthy hair growth. Just a few drops added to strands save them from snapping and splitting, while leaving a protective coat.

Safflower Oil - Rich in both oleic and linoleic acids, including omega 6 fatty acids, safflower oil stimulates circulation to the scalp, promoting thick, healthy hair growth. Safflower oil also safeguards the scalp and follicles against damage, while strengthening hair structure.

Birch Extract - Extracted from the leaf and bark of the illustrious White Birch Tree, this antioxidant-enriched astringent helps free follicles of bacteria and scalp of inflammation. Its purifying properties contain high levels of triterpenes, which have been scientifically-proven to boost the beauty and vitality of hair and skin.

HOW TO

Spray all over hair before using heat-activated styling tools. To add volume at the base, lift hair and spray between layers. Caution: Flammable. Do not use near open flame or while smoking. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep out of reach of children.

INGREDIENTS

SD Alcohol 40-B/ Alcohol Denat., Water/Aqua/Eau, VP/VA Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Fragrance/Parfum, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Arctium Lappa (Burdock) Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Betula Alba Bark Extract, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Denatonium Benzoate, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Linalool.

L'ANGE™ RIVAL Heat Shield ? Do it work on all hair types
Is this heat shield as awesome as they say? I have the Lange wands, the dry shampoo, salt and sea spray, and the marula oil. I absolutely love their products, I’m just picky about heat shield. Is it sticky or make your hair oily? L'ANGE™ RIVAL Heat Shield
Is this product good? Does it really reduce damage?
Start your review of L'ANGE™ RIVAL Heat Shield!
Port Austin , MI
My hair is dry and super thick and using very little off this made my hair so greasy, I ended up giving it to my mom to try and it did the same for her. I could normally go almost a week without washing my hair but when ever I used this I looked greasy by the next day. It did make my hair super soft and it smells great. I would not recommend this to someone. But everyone’s hair is different.
Auburn / Damage, Dryness, Frizz / Dry, Kinky, Coarse
Longview
Favorite hair products EVER! Ive been straightening and curling my hair since i was 10. I have never used a heat shield until now. Since i purchased Lange heat shield i dont go without it. It keeps my hair silky and smooth, protects and also helps with any frizz. My hair seams to steaighten so much easier as well!. Highly reccomend any and all Lange products!
Saint Cloud , MN
I love l’ange this spray works well for me before I straighten my hair. But I noticed after using it I was staying at a hotel so maybe it was the hotel shampoo and conditioner but my hair was so ruined and crispy after :( I don’t know if I will be brave enough to continue this or continue putting heat on my hair
Platinum / Brittleness, Damage, Frizz / Straight, Thin, Color Treated
Way to pricey for a meh product. It can leave the hair feeling sticky while damp , it does help with heat but I don't see that much of a major difference on my hair, if they didn't have sale prices I would not purchase, although it does wonders on my son's long virgin hair. For my aging drier hair it's a no.
Black / Anti-Aging, Brittleness, Frizz / Dry, Wavy, Coarse
Alexandria , LA
I recommend this to everyone! The smell is a m a z i n g! I’m not sure whether it has some kindof hairspray-like ingredients in it but it definitely helps my hair hold waves when I need it to (which is WAY easier said than done for someone with straight, fine, thin hair like mine!). Highly recommend!
Platinum / Brassiness, Color Protection, Damage / Oily, Straight, Fine
This is an amazing product that keeps my hair silky and soft. It doesn't weigh it down and it smells amazing. Just a few spritz of this product and I feel like my hair isn't getting fried from the high temps I'm using to straighten or curl my hair. Will always buy.
Light Blonde / Color Protection, Damage, Frizz / Oily, Chemically Treated
Wickliffe, OH
This is the best heat protectant I have found for my hair. The price is reasonable, and a little goes a long way. I love how it helps cut down on blow drying time on my hair. I use a blow dryer, and flat iron quite often and it saves me from any damage they cause.
Dark Blonde / Brassiness, Covering grey hairs, Dryness / Oily, Straight, Wavy
Sandston, VA
I love L’ange and all of their products but this one is the most necessary! I use this on my hair before EVER crinoline or straightening my hair, it seals and protects my hair from the heat. This is a must have product and I will continue to buy.
Blonde / Color Protection, Curls, Damage / Normal, Wavy, Curly
Wurtsboro, NY
I stopped using any heat stylers in my hair almost a year ago, but when I was doing it  I used the Rival Heat Shield and it made my hair feel too stiff like I had hair spray on.  I do not use hair spray and hate that feeling, but it did smell good.
Benton Harbor , MI
This is by far the best heat shield I have ever used! The smell is fantastic (smells like watermelon jolly rancher to me) and it does not make the hair greasy like others that I have used. Will definitely continue to purchase this product.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Terre Haute
14 days ago
L'ANGE™ RIVAL Heat Shield ? Do it work on all hair types
Katelyn S. • 13 days ago
Yes it does!! It makes it super soft too, not oily at all.
Lexington , OH
8 months ago
Christina C. • 5 months ago
I liked the product ok. It left my hair extremely dry though. And my hair is already really dry. I won’t be purchasing it again.