BY LANEIGE #2 in Night Cream

The LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask is a revolutionary overnight mask with apricot and chestnut extracts that hydrate, brighten and purify fatigued skin overnight. Highly concentrated ionized mineral water and ceramides deliver intense doses of moisture to stressed skin while Aromatic Sleepscent™ technology - a unique combination of orange flower, rose and sandalwood - relaxes and rejuvenates you.

About LANEIGE:

Fall in love with LANEIGE.  A Korean Beauty blockbuster, LANEIGE is a global skincare company committed to achieving perfect, more radiant skin through Advanced Water Science™. Its products incorporate scientifically-engineered, skin-perfecting mineral water that is clinically proven to hydrate, protect and revitalize individual skin types. The result: healthy, glowing skin.

Reviews (2081)
  • "HELLO! My go-to holy grail for beautiful baby skin! I use this after face wash in the morning and at night. It provides the perfect hydration without leaving any sticky moisturizing residue (yuck!). A little pricey here in Canada & USA, but great price in Asia" in 282 reviews
  • "I love this product!!! I usually buy this product from one of the Amore stores. However, they get sold out pre easily...BUT not they are available at Target!! Yayyyy!!! I use this product once or twice a week before I go to sleep and wake up with soft and hydrate skin! I think its worth to buy to try it if you have dry skin like me." in 177 reviews
  • "I've been using Laneige product for over 4 years now and I'm always amazed by how my skin adore their skincare and cosmetic lines. I have very sensitive skin but never had I broken out or had any rashes from using Laneige! " in 111 reviews
ゆいmzk M.
Los Angeles
I have sensitive, acne prone, and dehydrated skin so when I saw this on Sephora advertised as a hydrating sleeping mask I was super excited and purchased it. My work place is extremely dry and my skin is an absolute mess when I come home from work so I hoped that this would help save it over night.
The texture is a light gel consistency and spreads smoothly over the face. When first applied it feels very hydrating and watery and I find that even when applying a thick layer, if you pat it into your skin the product absorbs quite well.
I'm almost finished with my tub, but I honestly don't see much of a difference between when I apply this and when I don't apply it. My skin is still dehydrated, maybe a little less than when I don't apply it but not enough of a difference to justify the price and an extra step in my skincare routine at night.
I rated it 3 stars because it didn't do anything bad - no new acne or breakouts but it didn't seem to do any good either. I don't care much for skincare that comes in tubs either so I don't reach for this very often and when I'm finally finished with the last bit that I have left I won't be repurchasing this product.
Ram C.
I love this. Usually I steer clear of ultra-hydrating overnight stuff out of fear of aggravating more oil in my skin, but this is a lovely gel-cream that cools my skin after application. The scent lingers for a short bit (and honestly, isn't very strong) and mixes well with my other nighttime skincare. Doesn't leave a greasy feeling on my face in the morning, just bouncy and soft.

I'm considering putting this in the fridge for summer to help with the heat and humidity.

And? Honestly I'm afraid this will never empty. Lol. You need so little for your face and neck I barely have made a dent in my container using it twice a week for several months now. A poor, unopened lavender edition sits in my cabinet, begging to be used (soon, my precious...).

If you want a similar, more budget-friendly version that is still within the ranges of K-beauty, I recommend the Tonymoly Panda`s Dream White Sleeping Pack 50g . Don't let the weird name fool you. Soothing and brightening mask. But I still prefer the laneige.
Christine N.
There is just something about K-Beauty where the formulations of their skincare are so sophisticated. This Laneige water sleeping mask is no different. I wasn’t expecting to like this as it has a slight but not overbearing fragrance and has blue color dye in it (what is fragrance and color doing in skincare?) but the results the next morning when I woke up were rather impressive.

I applied this overnight after I had done a rather intensive exfoliating facial (Drunk Elephant Baby Facial) which had left my skin a bit red and dry. This goes on light like a gel and feels super hydrating on contact without being heavy. When I woke up in the morning, my skin was calm, plump, hydrated and I had no irritation or breakouts. I also noticed that a few dry flaky patches on my face that I normally have and that none of my other moisturizers can relieve (including the likes of La Mer Cream, Dr. Jart’s Cicapair Cream and Ren EverCalm Rescue Mask) were completely smooth and hydrated when I woke up in the morning from this Laneige water sleeping mask.

I have also used the K-Beauty Glow Recipe Watermelon Sleeping Mask (also with fragrance and pink coloring) and I would say that one is exfoliating and will pill on the skin both while you are sleeping and when you wake up in the morning. The Laneige sleeping mask is just hydrating and there is no pilling for a less messy overnight masking experience. I like to pair the Laneige face sleeping mask with their lip sleeping mask which is also bomb.
Kelly M.
This is a really nice moisturizer. It's very thin and light weight, so it absorbs very quickly. The "water" part of the name is very accurate, because it feels as lightweight and thin as water when you apply it. This is my first time purchasing and using a moisturizer. I wouldn't call it a sleeping mask, because it absorbs almost immediately. Sleeping mask would have thicker texture and stay in place, so it absorbs all through the night. It's nice but I like other moisturizers better that are much cheaper.
Jessica L.
I am in love with this stuff. I use Differin every night, so sometimes my skin can be a little sensitive. Other moisturizers I have tried burned my skin upon application (e.g. Neutrogena Hydroboost, Simple Skin Quench Sleeping Cream, Cerave Skin Renewing Night Cream, just to name a few...) Laneige has never burned my skin. It goes on smoothly, sinks right into my skin with no sticky feel, and smells heavenly. I can apply layers of it to my face without it ever feeling heavy. My skin feels so good after application. It soothes my skin and has never broken me out. My only (previous) complaint was that sometimes I felt like it didn’t hydrate enough. It absorbed so quickly that i felt like i didn’t have any moisturizer on at all. That all changed for me today though... I was browsing the Laneige website and I purchased the new Lavender scented sleeping mask (which I am insanely excited for...) While reading the directions, I noticed that you are supposed to apply the sleeping mask OVER your normal night time moisturizer at night... I had just been using the product by itself. Lo and behold, problem solved. I used the sleeping mask over my moisturizer tonight. It still absorbed just as quickly with no sticky after feel, and my skin felt more moisturized than it did when using the mask alone. I will continue to buy this product. The price point ($25) isn’t a deal breaker. Although of course I would prefer to spend less, I have not found another moisturizer that soothes my sensitive skin like this does.
Corey M.
I got this as a sample and I was skeptical because I feel like a lot of products promise hydration and brightening but not that many deliver. But after just one use I was honestly blown away. My skin definitely feels more moisturized but the brightening effect was really what impressed me. I woke up and couldnt believe how much more even and luminous my skin looked. I generally have somewhat dull, congested skin and I struggle with makeup just sitting on top of my skin but after using this, my foundation melts into my pores and I feel like my face glows. I don't love using highlighters but I havent found anything that gives that same kind of "lit from within" look - this does!!! You dont need much at all either - I got a sample packet but I have already gotten three full uses out of it and I think I can probably get at least one more. For $25 this is totally worth it, I will definitely be purchasing the full size. The only tiny con is that it can sometimes feel a little tacky when you first apply it, which I didn't love because I like my skin to feel clean before bed. But once it dried down that sticky feeling went away and I didnt notice it anymore.
Jessica T.
San Diego, CA
I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!

My friend introduced me to this a while back and I've fallen in love. I would always wake up int he morning with weird dry patches of skin, but ever since I started using the Laniege Water Sleeping Mask, my skin is super moisturized and supple! And trust, a little goes a LONG way. I literally just have to apply less than a dime sized of product and my entire face feels so hydrated.

I even use a tiny bit to moisturize my face before applying make up and it does wonders! Yes, it might be a little bit pricey, BUT since you only need a little bit each time you use it, a small jar lasts me quite a while.

Highly, highly recommend!
Kat J.
San Antonio, TX
I am a hugeeeeeeee fan of LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask , so when I saw a kit at Sephora where I got a deluxe size of that with a deluxe size of this Water Sleeping Mask, I just knew I had to get it,...

Unfortunately, I felt like this overnight face mask paled in comparison to the lip mask. It was good, it just didn’t WOW me. This product claims to recharge your dehydrated skin while you sleep,... Formulated with highly concentrated Hydro Ionized Mineral Water to deliver high doses of moisture to stressed parched skin; infused with orange flower, rose, and sandalwood to relax and comfort; while apricot and evening primrose extracts brighten and purify fatigued skin. “The result: skin looks and feels radiant, refreshed, and soft so you wake up with soft, glowing skin.”

I didn’t feel like my results lived up to the claims. My face was hydrated, sure,... But it wasn’t brightened or radiant. I didn’t have that glow that I was expecting. It was very pleasant to use and had a very nice feeling on my skin, but it wasn’t a game-changer for me.

I enjoyed using this Water Sleeping Mask and will gladly use up the jar I have, but I will not be repurchasing.
Kristen C.
Newark, DE
This stuff looks like an innocuous moisturizer gel but it's amazing! Smooth it on at night ( you don't need a ton) and it sinks in overnight, leaving you with hydrated, glowing skin in the morning! I have combination skin, and this works amazing on both areas! It doesn't interfere with my other skincare, either! It's like your skin gets a cool drink of water all night. It sinks in super quick with. I residue or sticky feeling. It's awesome. I have a deluxe sample I'm working through and I'll be purchasing a full size when I'm done with this! And saving the smaller container to refill for travel!
Sandra D.
I've received samples of the Laneige Water Sleeping Mask from a few of my KBeauty subscriptions. And while I agree Laneige is a truly powerful brand, I don't think this sleeping mask out performs others that I've tried. In fact, that's why I haven't purchased a full size yet. Don't get me wrong, it smells GREAT and does wonderful things for my skin. I love how soft and plump my skin feels the morning after applying this mask. But, I've found more effective sleeping mask packs that don't break my skin out like this one seems to do sometimes. I have dry/flaky skin with the occasional breakouts. This mask sometimes causes a new breakout within 48 hours of use.
chante B.
I've haven't hit to try the sleeping mask yet and I'm wondering... does it dry leaving your skin feeling tight at all?? Or make you itchy from having something left on your skin? Thanks for any answers!;)
Cheryl C.
Henderson , NV
I received a sample of this and I just started using it. Has anyone used this product before? Have you seen a difference in your skin?
. ..
Los Angeles, CA
Im looking for a good night cream but that wouldn't leave me oily because i already have oily skin what do you girls recommend me ? & thnk u
Shannon C.
Cumberland, RI
Is this worth it for the price?
Sarah Y.
Nashville, TN
Can this be used on normal to oily skin types?