BY LANCÔME #4 in Liquid Foundation

An oil free, longwearing, natural matte foundation that creates a velvety-smooth complexion for up to 24 hours. Available in 40 medium to full coverage, buildable shades.

This foundation was made for those ultra-long days that you do not have the time to retouch your makeup. Formulated with color-true NAI pigments, it maintains your skin’s pH level so that color stays put all day long, without caking or creasing. Plus, it’s infused with perlite and silica to ensure that excessive oils are absorbed, leaving behind a shine-free velvety matte complexion.

It took the Lancôme labs 8 years of research to develop this expert formula. The scientists wanted to ensure that they could accurately encapsulate the diversity of skin tones throughout the world and ensure a true-to-life match. As a result, we are proud to say that anyone can find their perfect match with Teint Idole Ultra Wear.

How To Use:

Step 1
Prep your complexion with our oil-free, La Base Pro primer for longer wearing makeup and a smoother canvas.

Step 2 (Optional)
To address concerns such as dark circles, discoloration & rosacea, dab a pea-sized amount of Teint Idole Ultra Wear Camouflage Corrector onto the problem area.

Step 3
Apply Teint Idole with the Lancôme foundation brush #2 or your favorite makeup tool. When using a foundation brush, lightly feather the product, starting where there is the most discoloration and blend outward.

Pro Tip:
For a dewier, freshly plumped look, add a few drops of Genifique Advanced Youth Activating Serum to the foundation, mix it and apply as needed!

Shades 520 Suede – 560 Suede
WATER, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, NYLON-12, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL DENAT., CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, PEG-20, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, GLYCERIN, SILICA, ALUMINA, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, TOCOPHEROL, METHYLPARABEN, PHENOXYETHANOL, BUTYLPARABEN

[+/- MAY CONTAIN TITANIUM DIOXIDE IRON OXIDES]

Shades 090 Ivoire – 510 Suede
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS
OCTINOXATE 2.9970%

COSMETIC INGREDIENTS
WATER, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, ALCOHOL DENAT., ISODODECANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ACRYLATES/POLYTRIMETHYLSILOXYMETHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, NYLON-12, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ISOHEXADECANE, SILICA, PERLITE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, BHT, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE

MAY CONTAIN
TITANIUM DIOXIDE
IRON OXIDES

Nicole A.
Baltimore
Review for: 100 Ivoire N more...
First, let me start by saying I am very critical of foundations. I expect them to perform and live up to the claims for the product. I usually try samples of products before I purchase them but I was in the market for a more natural/matte foundation that provided more coverage and lasted longer than my normal, every day foundations (tinted moisturizers or Mac Face and Body). I had not previously had much luck with matte foundations and was excited to try this out so I finally bit the bullet and purchased this. After using this, I am still searching for that perfect, more matte foundation as this was not it. I was expecting more. It wasn't bad by any means but it was not great either. The claims indicate that it is a medium coverage designed for all skin types with a matte finish. I did like the coverage. I would agree that is a medium coverage when applied with a brush. You can achieve lighter coverage using a beauty blender or sheering it out with a moisturizer. I did find that this is long-lasting but my skin ended up looking pretty dry by the end of the day, particularly around my nose and forehead. It also feels a bit heavy on my skin as the day goes on. I can tell that I am wearing a foundation and it feels like it is just sitting on my skin. I wouldn't recommend using a silicone primer or mattifying primer underneath as this could exaggerate the feeling and look of dryness. I had better results when I used a moisturizer only or moisturizing primer. The finish is nice. It's not too matte - more of a natural matte which is what I was looking for. But as I mentioned above, by the end of the day, it does look more dry and appears more matte. I have better results when I mix this with other products or foundations. The lasting power may not be quite as long, but it doesn't appear as dry over the course of the day. I also like to mix it with a little illuminator like the MAC strobe cream. This also helps with the appearance of dryness. I prefer a beauty blender to apply this - it looks smoother and has a more natural finish. You do get better coverage with the brush and more of a matte finish. Overall, I will keep playing with this but at this point, I do not think I will be repurchasing.
Hannah W.
This is a fantastic foundation for pale ladies like myself. And no, I don't mean your typical pale... I'm talking about "lives in Alaska without any sunlight half the year and when I do I just burn" level paleness. I used to reach for Revlon ColorStay, however, as I approach 30, Revlon ColorStay no longer works with my skin and has started to look rather cakey.

Lancome's ultra long wear foundation has medium coverage and always looks natural. The only thing I've noticed is that sometimes after a long night, my skin looks a bit dry around my nose, but this is easily remedied with some moisturizer.

Yes, it is pricey, but completely worth it. A little goes a long way, so it lasts for months. Also, if you have sensitive skin, I'd highly recommend this; it's the only foundation with decent coverage that hasn't made me break out. I've compared it side-by-side with other brands and nothing is so, er, skin-friendly?

Out of all the pale-friendly foundations I have tried, this is the best and most natural-looking and doesn't make me break out. This particular variety, the palest shade, works well on cool-toned skin.
Manee Z.
Las Vegas, NV
Review for: 280 Bisque W more...
I'm not too sure why this foundation has so many positive reviews...
To start, my skin type is severely oily. As a result, my skin becomes really textured with many clogged pores (tiny little bumps that contain no pus). I also have redness around my nose, mouth, and chin.
I purchased this foundation for $47. As a higher end brand, I expected better quality but I was so wrong! The only good thing I have to say about this foundation is that the color match is the best out of every foundation I've tried (which is a lot) and it doesn't oxidize. Other than that, I would not repurchase this!
The foundation is drying, so my skin will look patchy about 5 hours later. You would think it works well with oily skin, but maybe it does for someone who is slightly oily. The way it separates looks so harsh and muddy, and it emphasized dry patches that I didn't even know I had. It also emphasizes texture really badly. My clogged pores are flesh colored and can only really be seen in the sun without any makeup on. When I wear this foundation, it makes them look like dark brown spots.
Because of the price, I wouldn't recommend this foundation especially if you have dry skin or bumpy skin texture.
Sybil ✈.
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: 320 Bisque W more...
I loveee this foundation! It feels light and fresh on the face, doesn’t oxidize, looks like a second skin, doesn’t feel heavy or cakey whatsoever, and has a medium, natural matte, buildable coverage. It’s totally worth the price for me. Here’s how I use it with my large pores, oily/combo, acne-prone skin:

- Start with my usual skincare routine and sunscreen, then a dime-sized amount of Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer, and pat it into the skin (don’t rub!). Wait 2-5 minutes (I’ll use this time to get dressed).
- With my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge™, I start with another dime-sized amount of Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H Long Wear Foundation and tap it all over my face, adding more as needed. It blends so beautifully and a little goes a long way! I’ll usually add a bit more over my cheeks and nose to help cover redness.
- Concealer under my eyes (be sure to use eye cream beforehand), patting to blend with the same sponge. I’ve been using Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Concealer.
- With a powder brush, I use a very small amount of Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder to set my entire face. Again, gently tap/roll, don’t brush/sweep too hard or else it’ll leave streaks and mess up the foundation underneath.
- After the rest of my makeup, I spray with Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray to melt everything down and as a final protective layer.

The end result: a natural, yet flawless look that lasts from day to night! My pores are minimized (not invisible, it’s not magic) and I barely get oily anymore, whereas before, I’d get home and find a nasty oily disco ball looking back at me in the mirror. Now, I just have a subtle glow 😊
Britani C.
Broken Arrow, OK
Review for: 360 Bisque N more...
WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?! How did I even live before this came into my life 6 months ago. Holy cow. GAME CHANGER. Natural finish. Not too matte but not too dewy either. Medium coverage. Buildable for sure. Omg my skin has improved, I look freaking amazing, tbh. Thanks Lancôme 😘😘Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H Long Wear FoundationNYX Collection Noir Eye Liner Skinny BlackMARC JACOBS BEAUTY #Instamarc Light-Filtering Contour PowderJEFFREE STAR COSMETICS Velour Liquid LipstickMorphe x Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette
Jamie C.
Nichols, SC
Review for: 210 Buff N more...
I have tested this foundation out several times now.  My skin is normal to dry with fine lines, and freckles.  It has good lasting power, but I cannot build up past medium coverage without it looking cakey.  I do like that the SPF is built in so I can use a different moisturizer.  The wearability is a little different depending on what primer you use so try out a few different ones.  The pump is nice and it really takes very little to do your whole face for medium coverage.  It has not played well with others when I've tried to mix, so I use this one by itself only and for those days I plan to have a full face on more than a few hours (which is really almost any day for me!).  The price is a bit high and I would wait for a sale before getting this one.  It's nice, but it's not going to be a sell out or anything.
Lindsay S.
Review for: 110 Ivoire C, 100 Ivoire N more...
I wanted to try this foundation out for awhile now and finally took the change and picked one up I was hoping that it would be one of my new favorites like my Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Ultra-LongWear Foundation or my YSL all hours matte foundation but sadly it did not live up to them my problem was the color match and the coverage of the foundation first off I am a very fair girl and that lightest color in there range was to dark for me also I was excited to try the product when I heard it was full coverage which is what I want in my foundations but I am disappointed this product is not full coverage it is medium at best I will continue to use it since I paid a pretty penny for it but after I use it up I will not buy it again will be sticking with my two favorites Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Ultra-LongWear Foundation or YSL all hours matte foundation.
Michelle G.
Review for: 210 Buff N more...
I have heard so much about this foundation and have been mulling over whether or not to buy it for a while. I had myself shade matched at Macy’s and received a significantly sized sample from the woman tending to the Lancome counter. I was looking for something with medium to full coverage — something that could be built up without a thick cakey feeling. That is 100% this foundation. I can put on one layer of this foundation and the coverage is absolutely there yet somehow feels incredibly lightweight. I wear a Vitamin C serum, a light sunscreen, eye cream, and the first aid beauty coconut smoothie primer under the foundation. I have combination skin but these days it has been far more dry due to the weather. I have fairly problematic smile lines and, after 9+ hours of wear, I found that this is the first time a foundation did not wildly exaggerate, crease, or emphasize my smile lines. I was truly stunned. There was a natural crease but, my goodness, it was so faint and I hadn’t even set the area around my chin and mouth. I bought this first thing this morning so I could get the Sephora VIB discount. This product has a beautiful finish and neither dried out my skin nor did it make my skin oily. So pleased with this foundation!
Lindsey K.
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: 420 Bisque N more...
Amazing lasting power! I originally received a deluxe sample of this product from Sephora and liked it so much I bought the full size! Although the sample I received was way darker than my complexion, I decided to swatch it (without primer) and leave it on during the day to see how long it truly lasts. Well, the day passed and I completely forgot about the experiment until the NEXT MORNING when I woke up to find that the foundation was STILL there (see photo that shows it still on the morning after). Wow!

I knew at that moment I had found the one, as I am prone to oily skin and foundation just slides off my face like a greasy iceberg. I love how this product contains sunscreen, has decent coverage, is matte, AND is long lasting. I also love that it includes so many shades, specifically in the darker tones, which is appallingly in this year of 2018 still lacking in several other high end name brands.

I'm not super crazy about the $50 price tag but I guess I can't have it all, and if I think of it in terms of how many times I WOULDN'T have to re-apply with other brands it's not so bad. Plus, did you know Lancome engraves? So cool.

If you're looking for some quality foundation which excellent skin tone matching and lasting power with a matte finish, this is THE one for you. 5 stars plus!
Haleigh N.
San Francisco, CA
Review for: 140 Ivoire N more...
Biggest let down ever. The makeup artist at Sephora was wearing it and his face looked FLAWLESS. I quickly got shade matched and thanks to the wide range of colors, I found one that perfectly matched me. That’s where all the goodness ended. I have super oily skin with a few flaky patches around my mouth and between my eyes. This foundation goes on flawlessly, but within 20 minutes it started clinging to every single dry patch on my face. I had fine lines I didn’t even know existed thanks to this foundation. I tried applying it with different techniques, setting it differently, waiting longer to let my moisturizer set in and NOTHING helped. I was so scaly, I looked like a snake an hour in. Also, it didn’t last. 24 hours my ass. I could wipe this off With my fingers. I even tried switching up my skin care, and it didn’t help. Overall, a terrible fondation for anyone with anything but “normal” skin. Two stars for the shade range, but way too overpriced for the quality. Packaging was great but actual product felt more like a $10 drugstore foundation than a $50 department store one
Tracy T.
Council Blfs, IA
Anyone use a Beauty blender to apply this product? And do you love the product ?
Ash R.
I have been looking for a great foundation that is not only full coverage, but great for oily skin. Several people in passing have said they like Lancôme but I've never tried it. What are your experiences with this particular foundation? And did it work for your oily skin?
Jenny M.
bell , CA
Does this foundation really stay for 24 hour wear?
Kimberly I.
Anderson, SC
Does this work well for oily skin?
Maya J.
How well would this maintain in 90+ degree Texas summer heat and humidity?