BY LANCÔME #10 in Mascara

What it is:
Lancôme Mr Big Mascara is a BIG volume mascara that delivers instant heart-stopping volume with up to 24 hour wear that lasts all night, and even the morning after, for your biggest, blackest, boldest lashes yet.

What it does:
You’ll know Mr Big Mascara is the one at first stroke. The BIG brush and ultra-creamy formula glides like silk onto lashes to deliver up to 12x more volume* with up to 24 hour wear. No touch-ups, flaking and smudging. Perfect for your BIG evening out AND even the morning after.

*than bare lashes alone

• Does this mascara flake? Where it leaves dry black flecks on your...7 Answers
  • does it clump up6 Answers
  • Does this mascara give a lot length as well as make your lashes s...4 Answers
Reviews (2060)
  • "This mascrea by lancome is amazing! This brush application gives my lashes major volume and the lenght it gives my lashes is insaine" in 658 reviews
  • "I have never tried this one but I'd love to try it but I love my lashes looking bug because I really don't have long lashes I HAve short ones and my eyes are little so u Gus think I shoot try?" in 150 reviews
  • "I got this for my birthday from Ulta and i was so impressed by how this made my lashes look! It was volumizing and lengthening. Definitely recommend to anyone who struggles looking for a good mascara." in 83 reviews
  • "Stay power I do not like mascara which isn’t waterproof. Especially because with eyes you can never trust, they can water any moment and with washable mascara entire look can go wrong. Hence, I chose the waterproof mascara from this range. The stay power is just marvelous. It doesn’t go off till you deliberately take it off which is a plus as well as a minus. Plus since it never smudges or wears off and minus since it’s very difficult to get them off even by using a good makeup remover.#good #slayy" in 77 reviews
  • "This mascara is amazing! It provides a lot of volume. You get that grand eyelash effect without the fake eyelashes. It curled my eyelashes up without me having to use the curler. It made my eyelashes look thicker and did not clump either. It's my new favorite mascara. Highly recommend!" in 64 reviews
Myriah N.
west Hills , CA
Review for: Black more...
[product:lancôme-monsieur-big-mascara] is my new favorite mascara! Im a person who doesn't always do a whole face of make up i also have very sensitive eyes but I love mascara! I have to be very careful of the mascara i use or my eyes get really irritated, red and runny. The worst thing is getting raccoon eyes cause my mascara irratated my eyes so bad they wont stop running. I got [product:lancôme-monsieur-big-mascara] as a Christmas gift and I was a bit worried to try for the reasons i stated above once I did i fell in love. I love big full lashes and i in no way have the skills or patience to use false eye lashes. With this one swipe and my lashes are thicker longer and more full, i can layer it for major lash action if i choose to. In fact I was going to do a new beginnings 2018 review video on it, its that good. I normally use the kind that makes little tubes on your lashes or the manga mascara cause they don't irritate my eyes and provide the length and fullness i love. But with this i dont need to put multiple swipes of different stuff wait for it to dry then apply another layer. I can swipe and go really its so so great! The last mascara I found that I loved this much was lancomes fatale mascara before they discontinued it. I tried the hypnotic stuff from them which caused an immediate irritation and avoided any more from them till now. Its like they brought back fatale and made it even better! Now I want to stock up like a horder and buy every tube of this stuff so i never run the risk of them discontinuing it!

Seriously give [product:lancôme-monsieur-big-mascara] a try if you want great lashes that highlight your eyes making your lashes stand out in the perfect way! [product:lancôme-monsieur-big-mascara]
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Review for: Black more...
This is a decent mascara. It's not mind blowing and I wouldn't buy it unless my favs weren't available. but going in line of the best mascaras of high end mascaras, and I've tried every one in store at my local sephora and a lot that are online and then some this is probably in the top 5.
If you don't think there's a huge difference in mascaras it's because you're not using them right. You need to somehow figure out how to coat the entire lash, front and back and then the very tops and front and back of the tips and get them from root to tip. If you can do that then you can see the extent of the performance each mascara you have can do.
I do this by brushing from root to tip twice then brushing downwards on the back of the lash twice then back up again in the front then just on the back and front of the tips. I do this with a couple coats each of one mascara and then a different mascara. Same thing. If I do my bottom lashes I push upwards from the bottom tips of the lashes to curl and just darken the bottom halves so they dont look spidery and I only do the outer halves.
This was a pretty decent mascara and had I not had my holy grail, ride or die mascaras that nothing has been able to do better than in giving me a falsies look than I would absolutely love this. Ciaté London Wonderwand Intensely Volumising Mascara and my all time fav Burberry Beauty Bold Lash Mascara.
So I'm constantly comparing against those two.
So I loved the bottle and design and style of the outer bottle. The patent black and foil, metallic deep, hot pink is very se×y and pretty and feminine. I love it.
Pulling the brush out the wand is of average length and has an average size cap to hold onto so it's easy enough to maneuver based on that alone.
The actual brush is pretty soft and fluffy. It is so soft that it would be impossible to use on already drying or dried lashes but it works decent enough with bare, soft lashes.
It separates and coats the lashes pretty well.
The brush isn't so big that it makes a mess of my eyes now that I'm well practiced in my technique.
It does volumize and lengthen a bit but mostly just adds thickness which would be great for someone with sparse but longer lashes naturally.
It goes on naturally for the first coat or so but gives more of a thick and seductive bedroom eyed look the more coats you put on.
The formula holds onto the lashes immediately from the brush but doesn't easily clump up. It's not too thin either so it's the perfect formula in the way of consistency.
It lasts all day long and doesn't smudge. It's a fantastic mascara in a lot of ways and I totally recommend.
Cristie F.
Review for: Black more...
I got a deluxe sample size from Ulta for my birthday. Thank goodness I didn't spend any money on it.

I hated almost everything about this mascara. Quick info: I'm Asian and my eyelashes grow straight and downward. It takes a lot to hold a curl. I think I've done everything I could possibly do to try to make this mascara work but it's been six months and it's time to show Monsieur out the door.

Formula: Maybe because it's a sample, but so much product gets clumped on the brush when I take it out of the tube. I have to wipe off an excessive amount just to thin the product out on the brush. Even then the product clumps heavily on my lashes. Not cute. After a while, it flakes LIKE CRAZY. I've washed out huge flakes from my contacts. It's also so heavy that my lashes droop immediately after I apply it. This thing can NOT hold a curl to save its life. I've heated my curler which generally works and use both a small fan brush and a disposable wand hoping it was just the wand. Nope. It just sucks. I've also tried to recurl after generally applying it on my lashes but the formula tries to make my lashes feathery soft and it ends up just bending and nothing happens.

Wand: The least offending culprit is the wand. I just don't like big, thick wands. This is a big and thick wand. If I use it vertically I can put a generous amount on my lower lashes. It's too clumsy for the upper lashes for some reason.

If I was masochistic enough I would try again with a waterproof formula if it was available. Overall, very disappointing because I expected more from a high end brand.
Lesley S.
Nashville, TN
Review for: 01 Big Is The New Black more...
Let me start by saying that I have sucky short thin eyelashes so mascara is one of the beauty items I will research and spend and compare to find the best ones. I normally use a primer, a volumizer and then finish my lashes off with a lengthener. It's crucial for me to have the volume and build a thick non-clumpy base, but it's just as important to have a brush that works in a curve-shaped fashion (even if it's not) to where it lengthens, building onto the volumizing mascara. With Monsieur Big from Lancome, it completely does the job of both without giving me flaky, clumpy lashes! Girlfriends with your short lashes, this is totally 100% worth the spend. I use Loreal Primer with it and it gets more compliments and works like Bad Gal used to  back in the day but doesn't deliver anymore. This is the new mascara. Sephora always has both sizes and it stays on all day. None of that black flake around the eye. And I'm always messing with my eyes during allergy season. Go get your Big on!
Jessica J.
Morristown, NJ
I got this sample from L'Oreal to try however the reviews are solely my own. At first this product was amazing! My lashes seemed to separate and lengthen evenly and perfectly. the product did not seem too heavy on my lashes and dried quickly. I wore this for two days and then I realize I must have had an allergic reaction to a component in the product. My eyes would continuously tear and crust from them being watery. My eyes got itchy and the product flaked off into my eyes making them itchier.  Don't think this is a bad product however I just didn't react well with it. In fact I think it is a great product for anyone else with non sensitive eyes.
Monica M.
Old Bridge, NJ
Review for: Black more...
I received the travel size from sephora since they had a full kit for 500 Sephora points. I finally got the chance to use it the other day and it was alright. It came with a white mascara primer base, and the mascara itself. I'm going to give it a 3 just because it didn't really do much for me. Sure the primer helped the mascara pop a little bit but it didn't do much for me compared to the Benefit They're Real Mascara. For the price of $24, if you're a big lancome fan then, hey, give it a shot. But for a person who has thin lashes and looking for a mascara that will really pull your look together, this isn't the route to go. At least it wasn't for me. I'm glad I got a travel size version because I would've been super upset if I bought a full size.
Kayla Y.
Springfield, VA
I wish I could give it a 4.5 - I *LOVE* this mascara, it adds volume, length, easy to apply, great brush and doesn't typically flake. I don't mind paying more for a GREAT product, but my problem is the tube starts drying out quickly when compared to other mascaras. Yes, I use it EVERY DAY, but it starts drying out  while there is clearly plenty of product left. And then the dried out stuff starts flaking. I mean, if I am paying $25+ for mascara, I expect at least to be on same page as drugstore versions. And I'm closing it tightly and have purchased multiple times, so not like I just got a dud.
Bailey A.
Alexandria
Review for: 01 Big Is The New Black more...
I first tried this out as a sample I got from Ulta as a birthday gift during my birth month and I was highly impressed! My lashes looked so dramatic and full when I used it and I loved it for a more dramatic look! Then I got the full size product in a makeup bag as a Christmas present and I have continued to use it every now and then for a more crazy lash effect! If you love big dramatic lashes, this it the mascara for you!!
Mary S.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Review for: 01 Big Is The New Black more...
This mascara is great overall. The brush is very full and gets the mascara onto all of my lashes while separating my lashes. It gives me both length and volume, especially after two or three coats. It would absolutely be a holy grail for me if it wasn't for the tiny bit of smudging and flaking that it causes under my eyes. It's very minimal, but still noticeable my the end of the day. I have oily skin, so especially the flaking is problematic, because once there's a flake on my cheek, it touches the oil on my cheek and there's really no way to get it off without smudging it onto my cheek even more and rubbing off some of my face makeup to get it off. Also, I have watery eyes in general so I know that could be part of the problem in regards to smudging, but there are some mascaras that do not smudge on me at all, like Yves Saint Laurent Mascara The Shock and my drugstore favorite, COVERGIRL Full Lash Bloom Mascara By LashBlast . I got a trial size of this mascara as a free gift, but I'm not satisfied enough to purchase it myself.
Sara B.
Richland, WA
Review for: 01 Big Is The New Black more...
I redeemed my points at Sephora a few days ago for the Lancôme Monsieur Big Mascara! Oh my Gosh I think I have found my new Holy Grail Mascara!! It doesn't clump and it goes on nice and smoothly! It also doesn't Flake which is amazing nowadays because it seems like all of the newer mascaras flake all of the place! One Coat and you have not only Length but also Volume! A lot of volume!! I am so excited about this mascara! I can't wait to go purchase the full size! You don't need any type of primer what so ever! The wand is curved slightly so it isn't straight which makes it easy to apply! If you haven't tried this mascara yet, then you truly are missing out!
Charlie T.
Oklahoma City, OK
How well does this mascara come off?
Sara B.
Richland, WA
Does this mascara flake? Where it leaves dry black flecks on your cheeks and below your lashes? Thank you for your reply!
Rachel s.
I love thick and long lashes and have yet to find my perfect mascara that does it all for me. Is this one worth a try?
anastasia d.
Is this the best mascara by this brand?
Lacey K.
I received this as a birthday gift from Ulta Beauty, does anyone know if it's any good? I prefer my lashes to be lengthy with a little volume