BY LANCÔME #18 in Mascara

What it is:
Lancôme Mr Big Mascara is a BIG volume mascara that delivers instant heart-stopping volume with up to 24 hour wear that lasts all night, and even the morning after, for your biggest, blackest, boldest lashes yet.

What it does:
You’ll know Mr Big Mascara is the one at first stroke. The BIG brush and ultra-creamy formula glides like silk onto lashes to deliver up to 12x more volume* with up to 24 hour wear. No touch-ups, flaking and smudging. Perfect for your BIG evening out AND even the morning after.

*than bare lashes alone

• Does this mascara flake? Where it leaves dry black flecks on your...6 Answers
  • does it clump up6 Answers
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is a decent mascara. It's not mind blowing and I wouldn't buy it unless my favs weren't available. but going in line of the best mascaras of high end mascaras, and I've tried every one in store at my local sephora and a lot that are online and then some this is probably in the top 5.
If you don't think there's a huge difference in mascaras it's because you're not using them right. You need to somehow figure out how to coat the entire lash, front and back and then the very tops and front and back of the tips and get them from root to tip. If you can do that then you can see the extent of the performance each mascara you have can do.
I do this by brushing from root to tip twice then brushing downwards on the back of the lash twice then back up again in the front then just on the back and front of the tips. I do this with a couple coats each of one mascara and then a different mascara. Same thing. If I do my bottom lashes I push upwards from the bottom tips of the lashes to curl and just darken the bottom halves so they dont look spidery and I only do the outer halves.
This was a pretty decent mascara and had I not had my holy grail, ride or die mascaras that nothing has been able to do better than in giving me a falsies look than I would absolutely love this. Ciaté London Wonderwand Intensely Volumising Mascara and my all time fav Burberry Beauty Bold Lash Mascara.
So I'm constantly comparing against those two.
So I loved the bottle and design and style of the outer bottle. The patent black and foil, metallic deep, hot pink is very se×y and pretty and feminine. I love it.
Pulling the brush out the wand is of average length and has an average size cap to hold onto so it's easy enough to maneuver based on that alone.
The actual brush is pretty soft and fluffy. It is so soft that it would be impossible to use on already drying or dried lashes but it works decent enough with bare, soft lashes.
It separates and coats the lashes pretty well.
The brush isn't so big that it makes a mess of my eyes now that I'm well practiced in my technique.
It does volumize and lengthen a bit but mostly just adds thickness which would be great for someone with sparse but longer lashes naturally.
It goes on naturally for the first coat or so but gives more of a thick and seductive bedroom eyed look the more coats you put on.
The formula holds onto the lashes immediately from the brush but doesn't easily clump up. It's not too thin either so it's the perfect formula in the way of consistency.
It lasts all day long and doesn't smudge. It's a fantastic mascara in a lot of ways and I totally recommend.
Victoria B.
Bakersfield
Beauty Junkie Expert
I had a makeover done at Sephora and the MUA applied this to my lashes . If you didn't know me you would have thought I was wearing false eyelashes . This product is amazing . I had never used anything from LAncome and this significantly changed my outlook on the brand . It added tons of volume and length to my almost non existent lashes while giving them a great but natural lift/curl. I will be purchasing a new one rather soon because I use this mascara at least 3 times a week . It is a great mascara if your doing a full glam look or even just a light makeup day with nothing but mascara and a little lip color . As far as cost goes I think this is right on par with most high end mascara products being around 22-29 dollars . I would suggest atleast giving this one a try . If your unsure go into Sephora and check it out . I am sure that you will be changing your mind immediately and can almost guarantee that it will come home with you .
Tiffany T.
Minford, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
I first tried this mascara when I received it as a free birthday gift at Ulta. Since then, I have purchased it and use it regularly. I love the formula, not to wet, not to dry. It doesn't smear or create a mess when applying to the top or bottom lashes. The applicator is perfect for combing thru lashes and separating them, instead of clumping them together. It applies to each lash, creating a voluminous, lengthened look. It washes off easily but stays on all day without flaking, clumping, or smearing. I use this mascara when I wear false lashes as well, because it really works great for blending my natural lash in with the false lash. It gets 5 stars in my book because I can't come up with one con for this mascara.
Sara B.
Richland, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have officially found my new holy grail mascara after years and years of trial and error! The new Lancôme monsieur Big Mascara is beyond the number one mascara on the market! It not only adds length and volume but it also does not clump or flake! Which is huge in any mascara! Usually you get one or the other and deal with flakes of mascara on your cheek! But not with the Monsieur Big! I am not over exaggerating! I can not say this enough! This mascara is hands down the best I have ever tried in my 38 years of life!
Kelly S.
Louisville
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this mascara! It makes my lashes curled and so long and thick they look fake! It does get a little bit clumpy if you use too much but I find when you put the brush at the base of the lash and wiggle up it eliminates some clumps. I use the Lancome Cils Booster first and it really helps make my lashes dramatic. The price point is really good for a high end mascara also. I might have one or two flakes at the end of the day under my eye.
Emily J.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This mascara is the best! To begin, it is super easy to apply with the wand. I almost never have a mess on my face! Secondly, the way it makes your lashes look is amazing. It looks like you are wearing fake lashes. However, the lashes aren't clumped together at all. Additionally, I have found that this product only flakes a little bit if you touch your lashes. Other than that, there is nothing, at all, wrong with this product. Even the price point is amazing:)
Kelly M.
San Juan Capo, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I hated this mascara when I first tried it but now it's one of my favorites. I find that mascara in general when it's brand new is much more liquidy compared to after a few uses. Once I had used this a few times and the formula dried up a bit it was phenomenal to work with. I just honestly don't like how most mascaras apply the first time and this one was no different. It's a bit pricey but overall worth it for such a quality brand.
Erin Z.
Los Angeles, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Received that a sample in my Glossybox. Was excited to try but after using a few times, I'm not a fan. The want brush is huge which hense the name is the way they intended. But the brush pulls out way too much product. And if I don't scrape some off, it would go on my lashes all goopy. Once applied carefully, my lashes look amazing. However, it is too much work especially if your in a hurry. Even when I'm able to take my time, it's annoying. Also, it is a pain to get off. Even with eye makeup remover, it ends up all over my face. I have to use the clinique balm to finally get the black all off the top of my cheeks. Glad this was a free sample or for the most part. Was upset it wasn't a full size product since Glossybox usually gives full size products but after using I'm glad it was a small one. I will use up but won't be purchasing the full size.
Melissa A.
Pennington , NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
I recently bought a sample size of this product after hearing all of the rave reviews! There are so many good things about this mascara! It gives amazing length and volume to your lashes with out making them look clumpy! It also doesn't make you lashes feel super dry and crusty like some mascaras can. The formula is very nice (not to wet not to dry) and goes on with out any hassle. Its definitely a buildable product, I use about two coats on my lashes to really achieve extreme volume! The only thing I don't love about this product is how hard it is to get off. I normally take my makeup off, pre cleanse with an oil and wash my face. Yet still after all of that I still have a tiny bit of mascara on. Now its not a huge deal I just have to add another step to my skincare routine and it does come off.
Nayara S.
Rockville, MD
Love this. Am definitely a Lancome mascara lover. Started with Definicils, moved up to Hypnose, and now Monsieur Big. Like all others before this Lancome mascara doesn't flake or smudge which is perfect since I've been wearing contact lenses for many years and flaking mascaras are a huge headache. Love this formula and even the large brush (although I don't do my lower lashes), it makes my puny lashes look better than they ever have. Thanks Lancome!
Sara B.
Richland, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this mascara flake? Where it leaves dry black flecks on your cheeks and below your lashes? Thank you for your reply!
breanne b.
mauriceville
does it clump up
Charlie T.
Oklahoma City, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
How well does this mascara come off?
anastasia d.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this the best mascara by this brand?
Maya L.
Irvine , CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this smudge on oily lids/ under eye area?