Lancôme Monsieur Big Mascara
What it is:
Lancôme Mr Big Mascara is a BIG volume mascara that delivers instant heart-stopping volume with up to 24 hour wear that lasts all night, and even the morning after, for your biggest, blackest, boldest lashes yet.
What it does:
You’ll know Mr Big Mascara is the one at first stroke. The BIG brush and ultra-creamy formula glides like silk onto lashes to deliver up to 12x more volume* with up to 24 hour wear. No touch-ups, flaking and smudging. Perfect for your BIG evening out AND even the morning after.
*than bare lashes alone
Top Questions See all 352 Q&A
- "This mascrea by lancome is amazing! This brush application gives my lashes major volume and the lenght it gives my lashes is insaine" in 658 reviews
- "I have never tried this one but I'd love to try it but I love my lashes looking bug because I really don't have long lashes I HAve short ones and my eyes are little so u Gus think I shoot try?" in 150 reviews
- "I got this for my birthday from Ulta and i was so impressed by how this made my lashes look! It was volumizing and lengthening. Definitely recommend to anyone who struggles looking for a good mascara." in 83 reviews
- "Stay power I do not like mascara which isn’t waterproof. Especially because with eyes you can never trust, they can water any moment and with washable mascara entire look can go wrong. Hence, I chose the waterproof mascara from this range. The stay power is just marvelous. It doesn’t go off till you deliberately take it off which is a plus as well as a minus. Plus since it never smudges or wears off and minus since it’s very difficult to get them off even by using a good makeup remover.#good #slayy" in 77 reviews
- "This mascara is amazing! It provides a lot of volume. You get that grand eyelash effect without the fake eyelashes. It curled my eyelashes up without me having to use the curler. It made my eyelashes look thicker and did not clump either. It's my new favorite mascara. Highly recommend!" in 64 reviews
If you don't think there's a huge difference in mascaras it's because you're not using them right. You need to somehow figure out how to coat the entire lash, front and back and then the very tops and front and back of the tips and get them from root to tip. If you can do that then you can see the extent of the performance each mascara you have can do.
I do this by brushing from root to tip twice then brushing downwards on the back of the lash twice then back up again in the front then just on the back and front of the tips. I do this with a couple coats each of one mascara and then a different mascara. Same thing. If I do my bottom lashes I push upwards from the bottom tips of the lashes to curl and just darken the bottom halves so they dont look spidery and I only do the outer halves.
This was a pretty decent mascara and had I not had my holy grail, ride or die mascaras that nothing has been able to do better than in giving me a falsies look than I would absolutely love this. Ciaté London Wonderwand Intensely Volumising Mascara and my all time fav Burberry Beauty Bold Lash Mascara.
So I'm constantly comparing against those two.
So I loved the bottle and design and style of the outer bottle. The patent black and foil, metallic deep, hot pink is very se×y and pretty and feminine. I love it.
Pulling the brush out the wand is of average length and has an average size cap to hold onto so it's easy enough to maneuver based on that alone.
The actual brush is pretty soft and fluffy. It is so soft that it would be impossible to use on already drying or dried lashes but it works decent enough with bare, soft lashes.
It separates and coats the lashes pretty well.
The brush isn't so big that it makes a mess of my eyes now that I'm well practiced in my technique.
It does volumize and lengthen a bit but mostly just adds thickness which would be great for someone with sparse but longer lashes naturally.
It goes on naturally for the first coat or so but gives more of a thick and seductive bedroom eyed look the more coats you put on.
The formula holds onto the lashes immediately from the brush but doesn't easily clump up. It's not too thin either so it's the perfect formula in the way of consistency.
It lasts all day long and doesn't smudge. It's a fantastic mascara in a lot of ways and I totally recommend.
I hated almost everything about this mascara. Quick info: I'm Asian and my eyelashes grow straight and downward. It takes a lot to hold a curl. I think I've done everything I could possibly do to try to make this mascara work but it's been six months and it's time to show Monsieur out the door.
Formula: Maybe because it's a sample, but so much product gets clumped on the brush when I take it out of the tube. I have to wipe off an excessive amount just to thin the product out on the brush. Even then the product clumps heavily on my lashes. Not cute. After a while, it flakes LIKE CRAZY. I've washed out huge flakes from my contacts. It's also so heavy that my lashes droop immediately after I apply it. This thing can NOT hold a curl to save its life. I've heated my curler which generally works and use both a small fan brush and a disposable wand hoping it was just the wand. Nope. It just sucks. I've also tried to recurl after generally applying it on my lashes but the formula tries to make my lashes feathery soft and it ends up just bending and nothing happens.
Wand: The least offending culprit is the wand. I just don't like big, thick wands. This is a big and thick wand. If I use it vertically I can put a generous amount on my lower lashes. It's too clumsy for the upper lashes for some reason.
If I was masochistic enough I would try again with a waterproof formula if it was available. Overall, very disappointing because I expected more from a high end brand.
Seriously give [product:lancôme-monsieur-big-mascara] a try if you want great lashes that highlight your eyes making your lashes stand out in the perfect way! [product:lancôme-monsieur-big-mascara]
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos