BY LANCÔME #5 in Mascara

What it is:
Lancôme Mr Big Mascara is a BIG volume mascara that delivers instant heart-stopping volume with up to 24 hour wear that lasts all night, and even the morning after, for your biggest, blackest, boldest lashes yet.

What it does:
You’ll know Mr Big Mascara is the one at first stroke. The BIG brush and ultra-creamy formula glides like silk onto lashes to deliver up to 12x more volume* with up to 24 hour wear. No touch-ups, flaking and smudging. Perfect for your BIG evening out AND even the morning after.

*than bare lashes alone

• Does this mascara flake? Where it leaves dry black flecks on your...6 Answers
  • does it clump up6 Answers
Jelena S.
Jelena S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
his is probably one of the biggest Lancome releases in a while. Every time Lancome releases new mascara it’s a big thing for them as a company as well as for beauty market. Lancome has been leading on luxury mascara market for many years with their Definicils mascara but as well as legendary Hypnose, Grandiose etc… I have tried most of the Lancome mascaras they had in the past decade and I love them. Lancome really knows how to make amazing mascara and they have such a large offering – for volume, lenght, definition … all different kind of formulas, and different brushes (wands), they come in waterproof, deep black (seriously these are the blackest ones on the market) and brown. What’s not to love? Even if you have tried one mascara from Lancome and did not like it maybe you just didn’t get the one that is best for you. My all time favorite is just classic Hypnose in Deep black. Doll lashes is gorgeous for very natural and lifted look. Definicils is good for lenght and definition but I love to use it over Hypnose to separate lashes as well on my bottom lashes – Definicils is the only one that does not smudge on me. I do not ever experience smudging on the top only on the bottom since my lower lashes are pretty long and rub on the concealer. Monsieur Big’s wand is bigger and wider than Hypnose as you can see in the photos below. Formula has medium thickness, it is creamy and doesn’t tend to clump much. It really offers good volume but my main issue with this mascara is that formula tends to dry seconds after I apply it. It makes lashes so stiff that it is impossible to add another coat it almost feel if you try you will break your lashes. I like creamy formulas that are buildable and easy to work with. If I want more volume and want to add another coat I like my lash soft and easy to brush trough. Big plus for this formula is it’s longevity – this baby does not budge!!! No smudging and zero flaking during the day. Truly impressive.  I removed with my holy grail Bifacil without a trouble.
Jéssica S.
Jéssica S.
Portland, OR
#FOR FREE
I RECEIVED THIS PRODUCTS COMPLEMENTARY FROM INFLUENSTER

Unlike other self-proclaimed whip addicts, I do not wear mascara every day. Because of steady eye scratching and habitual picking whip, I try to avoid improving my fringe regularly. I also find some masks to be a pain to remove every night. Within a few days I received the Monsieur Big from Lancome, so I went to the test, Would it surpass my favorite mascara ???
I then started applying the primer, I could say that I would be obsessed. Inside the elegant tube, black is a fat, soft brush that becomes Lancome's largest yet. The wand is coated in a creamy, onyx formula that lengthens and volumizes your fringe at one go. The brush is also made up of soft fibers that hug and coat each whip. This makes it easier for you to achieve a faux-falsie look from root to tip.
Prior to applying mascara, I typically threaded my top water line to make my eyelashes look thicker - but I did not have that with Big Monsieur. Instead, I carefully moved the brush at the base of my eyelashes and distributed the product through the ends. I had longer, fuller, wispy eyelashes that just needed two coats. Resuming my cilia turned doll, I'm so mega in love, I swear to really shocked, I found the mascara of my life !!!💋❤❤
Ashley Sue B.
Ashley Sue B.
Raleigh, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
Monsieur Big mascara is a great stay-all-day formula. What drew me to the product is the claims about length, but what intrigued me is Lancome's claim that it lasts 24 hours. After using the product, I can easily say that I do not recommend it for dramatic length compared to other products, but I more than recommend it for its staying power and flawless formula. While it is every bit as lengthening as my other favorite mascaras, it doesn't create any EXTRA length, in any capacity (not even with lash primer). None. Lancome's Hypnose is just as lengthening. I almost docked it a star for that... HOWEVER, I put the product to the test and wore it for 24 hours straight. Summer heat and sweat, dinner, laughing, sleeping, and brunch... 24 hours later, MY MASCARA LOOKED JUST AS GREAT AS WHEN I APPLIED IT - with absolutely ZERO flaking or smudges. Color me impressed! Application is easy, as Lancome makes great spoolies that lengthen and separate (without smudging onto your lid during application). The fact that it still creates beautiful, long lashes with dramatic black color - and looks amazing a whole day later - means this will be a mainstay in my bag for long nights and sizzling days. Thank you Influenster and Lancome for the complimentary mascara to review! Lancôme Monsieur Big Mascara
Q N.
Q N.
Brooklyn Park, MN
Beauty Junkie Expert
i got this as a bday sample from ulta and its not the very best from what ive tried and heres why.

1. ive tried the cover girl super fiber mascara and the wet n wild waterproof its super great compared to this lancome mascara. this is my first lancome product and i was expecting better since my mum is a big fan of lancome.

2. i have combination skin but it leans more towards the oily side for a majority of my face and my glasses are a bit too tight so they cling/hug my face. that being said, this mascara is pretty crummy so itll leave little crumbs on the lens of my glasses and on my face. now i didnt say the things about my skin and glasses for no reason. i took off my glasses on a day wearing this mascara and there was a giant slightly faded line running across my face/cheek where the rim of my glasses were so i had to go clean it off

3. this product is very hard to remove at the end of the day. ive tried using oil, vaseline and a neutrogena makeup remover and it still was in my lashes and it stained around my eye area.

4. the brush is very big so i guess its nice since it coats my lashes well to get a fuller lash look.

so overall, i WOULD NOT put money on this
Katherine F.
Katherine F.
Carrboro, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got a deluxe sample of this as my birthday gift from Ulta (June 2017).

Pros:
-adds volume and thickness to lashes
-wand shape ok

Cons:
- Wand comes out with way too much product
- Clumpy: no matter how much time I spent taking off product from the wand or techniques I used, this mascara gave me serious spider lashes
- Maybe not for people with sensitive skin/eyes. I can definitey apply and wear this, but I had an allergic reaction when I took it off. Some got in my eye and it legit hurt and burned to the point I couldn't wear any eye products for a few days after. This was the only new product that I had introduced (same eye makeup remover, etc), and I tried it again to make sure and it is definitely this mascara.

Overall: This mascara is so clumpy that any pros are outweighed for me. I did not take off any stars for my sensitivity because I think there's something in some Lancome mascaras that I'm allergic to since I also experienced this with the Hypnose Drama mascara, and I actually did like that one!
Michelle M.
Michelle M.
OMAHA, NE
Beauty Junkie Expert
I recently received a sample of this mascara in a subscription box and I was really impressed! I love the brush applicator. The bristles are really soft and densely packed making full coverage a breeze. I included a photo comparing the wands of a few mascaras I use and you can really see how much product is on the brush on the third brush! The formula of the mascara is so creamy and goes on incredibly smoothly- no clumps here! One coat of Monsieur Big does wonders! I am happy to report that it lasted all day as well with no transfer or flaking. $25 sounds extravagant for mascara, but this one is worth the splurge! The only improvement would be if it was cruelty-free! Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara
Kristin C.
Kristin C.
West Columbia, SC
Beauty Junkie Expert
So I never thought I would ever find any mascara better than my obsession Hypnose Drama, but Lancôme has now made my head spin with their newest Monsieur Big mascara. It made my lashes full and noticeably longer with no clumpy mess. Basically my lashes were bangin!! And I was surprised that after a very long work day and the heat and humidity how good still looked. If you have thin lashes I would recommend using Lancômes CILS primer just to give it that extra oomph. My lashes already have some volume and curl so CILS doesn't work well with me, makes them way to full and my lashes start to stick together. But on some of my girlfriends they used the CILS and then the mascara and it looked great! Also the mascara is only $25 which is awesome.(I believe I pay 27.50 for my Drama). Ladies go check it out! And if you have a Dillards around you go visit the Lancôme ladies, they help me with all my Lancôme products! Hope y'all try it out, I want to hear what others have to say about it!
Carolyn H.
Carolyn H.
Orlando, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this product complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. I actually received this as a "sample" for my birthday and I wasn't impresses. I was hoping that the full size would change my mind. I'd probably consider myself a Mascara Junkie. I've tried brand after brand. And this just doesn't make the cut. One thing I like about mascaras is build-able coverage, and this is not a mascara that allows you to do that. One coat covers OK with some additional volume, but the mascara is literally called BIG Mascara, I want BIG lashes so I went to add more layers and that's where I noticed the issue.  I felt like the mascara got clumpy and heavy QUICKLY and the "thick creamy formula" felt messy to me, felt like the amount of time for the mascara to "dry" was unreasonable (I have really long lashes, so I kept getting fallout on my eyelid after blinking.)  Personally didn't find the brush to be anything other than ordinary. It took too much careful concentration to get the "look" I wanted from this mascara. I have a lot of lashes, so maybe someone who has "less" lashes (that sounds so silly) might enjoy this product more. I don't see myself purchasing a refill.
Elizabeth O.
Elizabeth O.
Methuen, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received my box from influenster! YAY! I was very excited to try out this mascara. In the box i received the Monseiur Big mascara , the super enhancing mascara base and the Bi-facial double action eye make-up remover. The mascara definitely does not take many coats to see results which is great!! It really does extend your lashes! I would say however, that its easy for this mascara to get clumpy if you apply too many coats. One-2 coats is plenty! I do wish this mascara would do a better job at curling my lashes but overall not a bad product. If their could be less clumping and add more curl to your lashes would be great! I love how big the wand is as well coats all your lashes instantly! The eyelash primer works okay but now I wonder if perhaps this is what is causing the mascara to clump? Next time I will try without it. The eye makeup remover is GREAT! I love it! It definitely gets rid of those black eyes. haha! Thanks influenster for this awesome box!! :) Lancôme Cils Booster XL Super Enhancing Mascara BaseLancôme Cils Booster XL Super Enhancing Mascara BaseLancôme Monsieur Big Mascara
Sadia S.
Sadia S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is the Lancôme Monsieur Big Mascara, which comes out on 7/26 for $25 @ultabeauty. I received this sample from a friend who received it as a #bdayfreebie from Ulta. I was sooo excited bc it's by Lancôme and I usually don't shell out the big bucks for mascara (my go to is usually maybelline push up drama; although recently I have been using my millions of Estée Lauder sample mascaras hahaha). I really like that the brush had so many bristles on it and it was pretty full, but after using it, I noticed that after a while my eyelashes would clump and it def wasn't good for long wear 😔😔😔. It's also very hard to take off and I usually use a neutrogena face wipe as well as cetaphil face cleanser to wipe off my makeup and clean my face. Even afterward, there were many times that the formula was soo hard on my lashes that I was literally pulling it off w my fingers. I def won't be wasting my money on this produc
anastasia d.
anastasia d.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this the best mascara by this brand?
breanne b.
breanne b.
mauriceville
does it clump up
Sara B.
Sara B.
Richland, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this mascara flake? Where it leaves dry black flecks on your cheeks and below your lashes? Thank you for your reply!
Charlie T.
Charlie T.
Oklahoma City, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
How well does this mascara come off?
kay s.
kay s.
Is this product any good I would like to try it