BY LANCÔME

A mascara that creates full body, high-volume lashes in a single stroke. Get dramatic eye looks when you brush on Hypnose Drama. The full contact brush, with its S-shaped curve, grasps, and coats lashes for a bold, eye-popping, full body fringe immediately giving a false-lash look.

• Does this smudge at all throughout the day?3 Answers
  • Does it really make your lashes look fuller? 2 Answers
  • How long does this last if it isn't waterproof? And does it at leng...2 Answers
  • "It makes my lashes look fuller and longer." in 1 review
  • "It give e the volume I need and it makes my eyelashes look longer then it already is." in 1 review
  • "Brush has a very good shape (small enough in size), curls up your lashes during application." in 1 review
  • "This is one of my favorite mascara to date." in 1 review
  • "The only thing that i did like about this mascara was that it gave me volume but just one swipe it could come off a little clumpy." in 1 review
Stephanie H.
Stephanie H.
Review for: Excessive Black
If you don't already have this mascara I urge you to go out and get it. I am obsessed with it!! This is my go to and new favorite!!! I have been using the hypnose drama but I love the wand and I love the way this mascara is so easy to apply. One coat is all I need! There is no need for anything else, no comb, no lash primer nothing. This wand and formula are magical. It makes me lashes look full, dark and long which is exactly how I love them. It separates and does not make them clump, even when I curl them after (yes I am a freak). My only wish for this mascara is the price!! I wish it wasn't so expensive, but then again it's magical so if it was cheap, it probably wouldn't work as well.
Jessica P.
Jessica P.
Laredo, TX
I originally received a sample size as a free gift when I made a purchase at Macy's. It was part of a promotion and I fell in love!! I went back and bought the full size because I went the sample so quickly. I use this when I want dramatic lashes. I have semi long lashes but they don't curl naturally. Using this mascara will cause my lashes to look extremely thick, long and they have tons of volume making them almost look like I have fake lashes on. I use it all the time. It is on the pricey side but I have tried drugstore mascaras who claim to do the same but I've always been disappointed. So I make the investment because I'm very happy with the look
Mayra R.
Mayra R.
Plano, TX
Can someone be in love with a mascara? I feel like I am! I tried this out in a sample size and loved it so much I have repurchased it four times! I have tried to go back to cheaper alternatives but nothing compares. If you like thick, voluminous, super defined lashes, this is the mascara for you! The applicator has a slight bend to it which allows you to almost curl your lashes as you apply. I have found at times the applicator does deposit too much product on your eyes, but that is easily rectified by wiping the wand on the tube's opening to remove some of the excess product prior to applying.
Vanessa C.
Vanessa C.
west warwick, ri
Review for: Excessive Black
Love! This mascara is extremely wet but its still easy to work with and it doesn't smudge you just have to be careful with it. It gives me such a bold look and i get so many compliments. Its curved brush helps curl your eyelashes as you apply it. It lasts all day and night and comes off easily with just water. I have to say I also love better then s**mascara by too faced and i'm stuck on which one i like better. They both have there perks and downfalls. I find that the better then s** is dry and flaky and doesn't last as long but i still love the look!
Tania H.
Tania H.
Winnipeg, MB
Review for: Excessive Black
This is my new favorite, holy grail mascara since trying out a sample size 100 point perk from Sephora. The brush is an oversized S shaped brush that delivers a beautiful coat on first application. It's buildable without getting clumpy too. It's safe for contact lens wearers and is fragrance free so it doesn't irritate sensitive eyes. It's very black, and is simply pretty when applied. HIGHLY recommend this, and most other Lancombe mascaras, they are bomb. A little pricey but really great products!!
Harriet C.
Harriet C.
Pittsburg, CA
Review for: Excessive Black
I really like this mascara. I got it has a sample/travel size from Ulta. It made my eye lashes look like I had on falsies. I put 2 coats on and that was enough for me. I naturally have long curly lashes, but they are thin/fine hairs. This product made them thicker, elongated, and separated the hairs nicely. It did exactly what the name said on the bottle. My lashes were full, had body, and volume. Once I'm done with the sample size I will be buying the full size.
Natalie R.
Natalie R.
Clarksville, TN
I agree with another reviewer on here. I was using "better than sex" And while its lovely at first by an hour or two I have smudges under my eye :-( With this mascara I got as a redemption from Sephora and fell in love. The length is there and NO SMUDGE. I am a contact wearer and my eyes protrude slightly (in my opinion) so I really give props when I don't have to worry about black smudge on the edges of my eyes or on my eyelids.
Laura O.
Laura O.
Cheektowaga, NY
This is a supremely pigmented and black mascara that offers a lot of volume for your lashes and also lifts and curls them. The curl will hold all day which is awesome and difficult to find in a mascara. This can often be found in value kits as well so don't let the price scare you off. I love the bristles of the brush as well, as they don't irritate my eyes like some rubber wands do and they get in between each of my lashes.
Mikayla P.
Mikayla P.
NY
Love love LOVE this mascara!! I got a sample size in the sephora lash stash set and fused it up, so i went out and purchased the full size! Whenever i wear this mascara i get compliments on my lashes and asked if I'm wearing falsies because it gives me a TON of volume and length. I do find it a little hard to layer without clumping, and that i always need to wipe off excess product because the giant want collects so much.
Paige R.
Paige R.
I have searched and searched for a volumizing mascara that makes my lashes look false whenever I wear one, and I finally found it about 2 years ago. The hypnotize drama mascara doesn't flake on me, and doesn't clump up easily. I can honestly say that this is my absolute favorite mascara. I never leave the house without it! And when you want your ladies to look extra long, try the lancome cils booster underneath!
maricela f.
maricela f.
Does the brush grab the lashes well?
Its waterproof?
Jane S.
Jane S.
Does this dry out quickly for anyone else? It used to be my HG but it started dying after about a month lately. I'd love to go back to it, but it never seems to last long.
Sofia C.
Sofia C.
Corfu , Greece
I am in love with this mascara!! I really can't get over it. I barely have any lashes and when I use it it's almost like I have fake lashes on. I really wanna try some other lancome mascaras though cause I am so interested to try more of them, but they are a little bit pricey..has anyone use any of the other ones?
Kelsey Z.
Kelsey Z.
Lakewood, OH
Does this smudge at all throughout the day?