BY LANCÔME #38 in Makeup Remover

Effacil Gentle Eye Makeup Remover - Oil-free and water-fresh, this gentle liquid cleanses and comforts, leaving the delicate eye contour area feeling cool and relaxed, with no oily residue. Opthalmologist tested for safety(4.2 oz.) - Effacil Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

• Has anyone found a cheaper dupe similar to this or is it worth the ...2 Answers
  • It is so expensive guys. Do you really think that it is worth the m...2 Answers
  • How is this product?2 Answers
Fransalena G.
Fransalena G.
GLENDALE, AZ
Very neutral about this Lancome makeup remover. IT smells like an older women's perfume and is EXTREMELY oil based. Don't completely skip washing your face AFTER you've used this makeup remover out of your daily face routine. You would also need a few cotton pads to take all of your makeup off of your face.. Sensation wise, there is a bit of a cooling effect at first, but then the temperature of the makeup remover will either intensify the heat on your face (not burning hot, it's just a warm sensation) or be the exact temperature of your face. I'm neutral because it doesn't exactly work for me, it doesn't break me out but I do have to work the product into my face before washing it all off with cleaner and water, but it's still a makeup remover and though it takes time to show up to show out, it still gets the job done. I don't find myself reaching for this makeup remover often. Other than that. Eh. I would have been better off spending all that money on NYX makeup removers at Ulta with their $5/10 coupons.
Dawn G.
Dawn G.
For YEARS I have been using a different eye makeup remover, because it is effective and inexpensive, but always leaves an oily after effect. For someone like me who typically uses the remover directly before applying the new makeup (I know, poor routine) this can reek havoc on the new application. With this product, I swipe it off and can reapply almost immediately and my new application has stayed in place all day long. I like that it is lightweight. The cost is what keeps my rating down. My previous remover only cost a dollar... this was given to me by my daughter otherwise, I might not have ever tried it. I'm not certain I will use this product after I run out unless I can find it on sale.
teri m.
teri m.
Indianapolis, IN
This Lancome Gentle Eye Makeup Remover does exactly what it's name states it will do; removes eye makeup gently. There is no oily residue that will suddenly and inexplicably cause your eyes to suddenly turn red 3 hours into your evening after you've refreshed your makeup for a night out or even turned in for a Netflix date night. There is no tugging and rubbing required that makes you feel and perhaps does, make your eyelashes fall out. It is a luxurious, pampering way to either end your day or refresh your makeup to start your evening. TIP I've found eye makeup removers are also a gentle and non drying way to remove long lasting lip colors as well.
Kimberly M.
Kimberly M.
Elk Grove Vlg, IL
I have super sensitive skin and pretty picky about what I use on my eyes in general. This was recommended to me by my mom, who swears that it actually adds moisture to her eye area, and you know what? She's right. Used properly (apply to a cotton round, press to the eyelid gently for a minimum of 30 seconds and wipe gently downward), this is effective, not greasy, and leaves zero residue, but seems to keep the eye area nice and moist. My lashes even seem more conditioned after using it. In all honesty, I wouldn't ordinarily spend that much on a makeup remover, and it probably won't replace what I usually use, but it's a nice little luxury.
Marie E.
Marie E.
Charlotte, NC
This product just did not work for me. The way i use this is, i soak up a cotton pad with the product, press it & hold it on my eye so the product breaks down the makeup & the wipe with a new soaked cotton pad. Its takes me 3-4 pads just to remove makeup off one eye, and i doesn't fully remove it all. I feel like i have to rub my eyes really hard to get my makeup off. The good thing is that this product very gentle. It does not burn my eyes what so ever. Only problem is i have to put in so much work for something thats supposed to do the job that it claims to do. I do not this product is worth the price. Too expensive
Catherine B.
Catherine B.
Out of all the Lancome makeup removers I love the gentle version. Sometimes my eyes can become a bit sensitive to makeup removers and this one is always my go -to. I removes eye and face makeup like no other! Waterproof mascara and eyeliner are super easy to remove with this and it doesn't make my eye area irritated or puffy at all. This is a product that I think is really worth the splurge on because you're protecting your eyes from irritation and it is super gentle for anyone with sensitive skin, I highly recommend this product!
Rachel G.
Rachel G.
Bolingbrook, IL
Lancôme Effacil Gentle Eye Makeup Remover delivers the piece de resistance with this product! I typically go pretty heavy on the eye makeup, so removing makeup without irritating my sensitive skin can be tricky. Not anymore. Also, I have combination skin, tricky skin, consider yourself lucky you don't have to deal with my skin. I love that this product doesn't feel greasy, weigh my skin down, or clog my pores. I'm also thankful for the light, airy smell. Not much worse than a harsh scent right near your nose and eyes.
Jenna E.
Jenna E.
Shinnston , WV
This is an incredible makeup remover. I tend to love all of the Lancôme products because they are very effective and gentle on the skin. The only reason I am not giving this five stars is because when I purchased it, the sales lady said it would not make my face oily, but it did. My face was so oily I had to wash it twice. I always expect a little oil because it is more effective that way, but it was in excess. I will be purchasing again because I bought a face wash that works well with this makeup remover.
Edie R.
Edie R.
la habra, CA
I have really thin, crepey skin around my eyes, so rubbing and tugging and pulling at them to remove my eye makeup at the end of the time just isn't something I am ready to do. I take a cotton pad and a bit of this makeup remover, and let it sit for about 30 seconds, and it just melts the makeup away! I don't have to rub and tug to get even waterproof makeup off! This is my holy grail eye makeup remover and you will have to pry it out of my cold dead hands to get me to try another one!
Carmen D.
Carmen D.
New Orleans, LA
I first learned about this product from my mother and have been using it since I started wearing makeup back in high school, I just apply some of the liquid on a cotton round, and voila! My eye makeup comes off very easily with a few wipes, I like this product because it is oil free and unlike some other oil free eye makeup removers you don't have to keep rubbing at your eyes to get all of the make up off. I highly recommend this product, and it is well worth the investment!
Josmalyn D.
Josmalyn D.
San Juan PR
Is this good? I have been looking for a makeup remover and I have the money to buy it but I just don't know if this is good enough.
Holly-Jo B.
Holly-Jo B.
How big is the bottle and how much do you have to use. Does a little go a long way?
Amor C.
Amor C.
Corona, NY
I;ve benn looking for a eye makeup remover and Lancome it's one of my favorite brands but the price tag is holding me back, it this makeup remover worth the price?
KARLA G.
KARLA G.
Is this product worth it or good?
Diamond H.
Diamond H.
Wendell, NC
Has anyone found a cheaper dupe similar to this or is it worth the splurge?