BY LANCÔME #93 in Mascara

For lavishly long, perfectly defined lashes, this iconic award-winning mascara provides the ultimate in separation. Carefully selected polymers coat each lash from root to tip, to help lengthen and outline each lash for unmatched definition. This best-selling mascara's unique brush applicator has specially grooved bristles that hold the perfect amount of product for gradual, even application every time.

• Does this mascara clump?5 Answers
  • What's the difference between the brushes to me I feel they all do ...3 Answers
  • I don't mind splurging on mascara it's one of the only 100% things ...5 Answers
Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.
Ann Arbor, MI
Lancome is best known for their mascara. I have used their Hypnose Drama a few times and it was absolutely phenomenal. I had high hopes for Definicils and wasn't left disappointed. This formula has "flexible polymers that coat each lash from root to tip, lengthening and defining each lash for unmatched definition." You need to try this if you are looking for an intense lengthening effect without the clumps. This is my new go-to for bottom lash mascara. The color range is strange because the shade "black" is much more of a charcoal/navy, so I would recommend the "very black" unless you are in fact looking for a charcoal/navy. Overall, this is the best lengthening mascara I have tried yet.
Dietra S.
Dietra S.
Conroe, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this product complimentary from Influenster to try and review. Honest thoughts: This mascara is awesome! If you want long and wispy lashes, this mascara is perfect for that! I tend to lean more towards volume when I buy a mascara but this mascara defines, separates and lengthens the lashes. If you do want volume though, add a little loose powder to the roots of your lashes and apply the mascara wiggling the wand at the roots then swipe up through the tips. 👌🏽 This mascara did not budge or flake on me and this wasn't the waterproof version of it. This mascara gets ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ stars from me!
Maria I.
Maria I.
West Jordan , UT
Beauty Junkie Expert
I wanted to love this mascara but, for me, it just didn't work. I wasn't surprised that it didn't work for me since my lashes are so ridiculously stubborn. They are stick straight and do not hold a curl unless I use a waterproof mascara. However, for my bottom lashes, this mascara is incredible! They made my bottom lashes look long and separated but full of volume. I was so surprised!! The only reason why I gave this mascara 3 stars is because it did not work for MY upper lashes BUT I'm in love with it for my bottom lashes. So happy I FINALLY have a bottom lash mascara that I love!!
Review for: Black
If your looking for length then this mascara is for you ! I absolutely love this mascara ! It is my all time favorite ! it makes my lashes look so long and it never clumps . It doesn't dry out in the tube or make my lashes feel dry . It doesn't flake or smudge . By far this is definitely my favorite mascara and I have repurchased and will continue to . This mascara also gives my lower lashes life which is something not a lot of mascaras can do ! If your looking for a good mascara that's worth the money ... I highly , highly recommend this one !
Suzette G.
Suzette G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This mascara is the first Lancome product I have ever used and since I loved it so much, I started testing out other Lancome products. I LOVE this mascara. It comes in a deep black shade, which I love for my very dark lashes and brows. The brush tip coats every single lash on top and bottom, and separates them. One layer is all I need and my lashes are curly, separated, and super dark black! It's in the $20, so if you go through mascara like I do (a tube every three weeks), it's a bit steep. Otherwise, another excellent product by Lancome :]
julianna L.
julianna L.
I rarely stick to one mascara and am constantly switching up what brand I buy. Being a contact lens wearer, a lot of mascaras flake off and irritate my eyes (four-eyes problems) but I think I found a winner in this high definition Definicils Macsara. It is fragrance free and ophthalmologist-tested (had to look up how to spell that haha) making it super safe for contact lens wear not to mention the volume/ thickness it gives your lashes! I love that you have build up the thickness you want with multiple applications!
Kristina M.
Kristina M.
Beaverton, OR
Pros: It's flexible without crumbling. There are plenty of places to buy it. Gives great length that can be combed into thin individual lashes. Lasts through a day even when I touch my lashes and eyes frequently. Doesn't destroy my eyes, contacts, or lashes when I'm too lazy to remove it at night and sleep with it.

Cons: Expensive. Won't hold even a slight curl from a lash curler.

I keep trying others because of the price, but I come right back because I want long individual lashes without thickening or feathering.
Kathryn D.
Kathryn D.
This is such an amazing mascara, and I'd still be wearing it if I didn't have super oily lids that result in a bunch of transfer (but with an aversion to waterproof mascara!). When you apply this, you can literally watch your eyelashes separate from one another like magic. If you're looking for something super chunky, super thickening, and super lengthening, this isn't for you. But if you really just want to add an extra oomph to your lashes and make them look more separate, this is perfect and worth all the hype.
Lindsey W.
Lindsey W.
Rochester, MN
Lancome recently discontinued my favorite mascara (Hypnose Doll Lashes) so I switched to this and Cils Booster xl. I get compliments on my lashes all the time! This with the Cils Booster is my favorite mascara now! I always get asked if my lashes are real. It's easy to get the mascara brush close to the roots and extend the length of your lashes. It lasts ALL day. I don't know if this bothers other people but it does make your lashes more "stiff" or "crunchy" but that does not bother me. Love this good stuff!
Aoibhinn R.
Aoibhinn R.
Hopkinton, MA
To sum it up, the Définicils Mascara is just alright for someone like me. When searching for a mascara I want volume and fullness, and this mascara just doesn't deliver on that end. In regards to formula and color, I have nothing bad to say about this product. The color is a nice, dark black and I don't notice any flaking or transferring. The product provides length, but for me makes my eyelashes look like spider legs. I wish this product could do more in the way of volume because then it would be great.
Joi J.
Joi J.
Concord , NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've tried other Lancôme mascaras and loved them, and I saw this in a recent vox box. I just want to know is this a really good mascara? Does anyone have problems with clumping? And does it give you a lot of length?
Melissa M.
Melissa M.
Neosho, MO
Has anyone tried this before? It sounds amazing.
Maddie M.
Maddie M.
I have been looking for a new mascara but always deal with one that clumps. Does this clump up a lot?
Rachel D.
Rachel D.
Is this volumizing at all?
Shannon G.
Shannon G.
North Bay
I don't mind splurging on mascara it's one of the only 100% things I put on my face everyday. Is this one worth the price tag for beautiful lashes and no clumps?