BY LANCÔME

Not all eye shadow primers are created equal. But this primer makes promises it can keep—long-lasting shadow wear and vibrancy, with absolutely no creasing. The silky-smooth, waterproof formula holds pigment in place and delivers nude, barely-there color that evens out eyelids and leaves them with a natural, matte finish. Apply with fingertips under your favorite Lancôme shadow. Fragrance-free.

• C11-13 Isoparaffin

• I have never used this brand. Is this good? Do they recom...1 Answers
  • I've been searching for a new eye primer to begin using I...1 Answers
  • Is this product worth buying?1 Answers
Lancôme Aquatique Waterproof Eyecolour Base
  • "Great to cover under eye dark circles or any darker skin its also creamy and great to apply so it's great to use" in 6 reviews
  • "I have used this primer for a while now & nothing compares to it. I have oily lids & it is perfect. It keep my shadow in place all day & the pot surprisingly lasts a long time. The only issue I have is the price. I just hate having to shell out that amount for a primer. I love Lancome but I also would love if it was a tad cheaper. :) " in 3 reviews
Jennifer T.
Hinesville, GA
Review for: Beige Ivoire more...
This has been a favorite go to eyeshadow base for me for years. I use it quite often. It seems to hold shadows longer than other products like shadow primers etc. this product doesn’t seem to be mentioned often these days but it is one of the better #shadowprimers or #shadowbases available! It is a bit on the pricier side but well worth it. It is waterproof which seems to give it extra grab and hold for eyeshadows. Lancôme Aquatique Waterproof Eyecolour Base
Jenna L.
Indianapolis, IN
This does work really well. And it keeps my shadows on all day. But it doesn't have a ton of coverage if you're wanting to wear no shadow. And the lightest shade has weird shimmer in it.
Alyssa H.
Frisco
Review for: Beige Ivoire more...
I would liken this to MAC’s paint pot. It is a great shadow base and for me I prefer this color to one of MACS because it blends in better with my skin tone. Helps keep my shadow on all day without creasing.
Ashly M.
Palm Desert
Review for: 02 Beige Porcelaine more...
I didn't like this product all that much. It really didn't help my eyeshadow stay on, and it didn't make the colors any brighter. I threw it away as soon as I bought my Urban Decay primer potion.
Madison D.
Review for: Nude more...
I️ Love this eye primer! I️t reminds me of the Mac paint pot in soft ocher ! I️t super full coverage and covers all the veins and discoloration on the lid.
Mireya G.
Lawndale, CA
Review for: Nude more...
Love the coverage of the eye primer, I went in looking for another eye primer and ended up in the Lancôme counter looking at these little jars, I bought it at Macy’s, love the presentation of the product, decent price.
Brittany G.
Valley Park, MO
For $27, I am completely unimpressed. I'v highlighted the good and the bad below. It may work for some of you ladies, but not for me.

PACKAGING – Sturdy glass jar with a black plastic twist off cap (similar to the Maybelline Color Tattoo packaging).

EASE OF USE – Very easy and straight forward; Simple dipping with finger or brush.

SCENT – Completely odorless

CONSISTENCY – Smooth, buttery crème

COLOR – 6 shades available (Beige Ivoire, Beige Porcelaine, Nude, Noisette, Sienne, Deep); All shades are flesh tone ranging from an ivory to a deep brown

OPACITY – Lid discoloration, veins, etc. are easily covered

FINISH/TEXTURE – Natural matte finish; velvety/silky texture

WEAR-TIME – 2-4 hours (oily-combination skin)

PRICE - $27

PROS – This base evens out eyelids for a blank canvas to build shadows on top. It also looks nice and natural on its own. If you have normal to dry skin, this may work for you.

CONS – If you have combination to oily skin, it is likely this product won’t work for you. I have oily-combination skin and, whether I wear it alone or under a shadow, it creases within 2-4 hours.

COMMENTS & SUGGESTIONS –
Lancôme’s eye colour base just isn’t worth it for me. Plus, it is not a cruelty-free brand.
If you are looking for better alternatives, as well as cruelty-free options, try out the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion ($20) or the Milani Eyeshadow Primer ($7).
Kayla B.
I got this as a sample and I love this! I wish it were easier to apply but its still five stars in my book. Eyeshadow looks so bold and lasts all day! I have sensitive skin and my eyes water a lot, this helps keep my makeup where it belongs. I use this everyday with drugstore eyeshadows most of the time.
Taylor H.
Chattanooga, TN
This has been my go to eye primer for years. I have naturally red hair, fair complexion. My eyelids have some transparency (veins), and freckles. I prefer to have that evened out as a base. My shadow stays put, can't recommend it enough!
Paula P.
Van Buren, MO
Review for: 02 Beige Porcelaine more...
This is another great product from Lancôme that I have used for twenty some years. It goes on smoothly, it evens out your lid color, everything stays in place & it does not crease. It is a product that I’m never without. It last a long time, as long as you put the lid on tightly when done so it will not dry out. I have heard people say that they like the product but do not like using it because you have to stick your finger in the small container, use a brush & you are good to go!
christie p.
Would this cover veins that show through eyelid?
christie p.
Under of over foundation?
christie p.
Matte or shimmery? Clear or color?
Is it long lasting?
Julissa L.
Is this product worth buying?