BY LANCÔME

What it is:
A fast-acting anti-aging serum that reveals smoother, more radiant skin in as little as 7 days.*

What it does:
No regimen is complete without Advanced Génifique, the first step to every beauty routine. This powerful anti-aging serum works to improve skin's key signs of youth: radiance, elasticity, firmness, skin tone, and smoothness. See visible results in just 7 days. This patented formula, which contains Bifidus extract, helps strengthen and protect skin's moisture barrier. The bottle features an exclusive self-loading dropper for the perfect dosage of serum with every application. This serum is designed for every woman, all skin types, and multiple ethnicities.

Ingredients: Water, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Adenosine, Faex Extract/Yeast Extract/Extrait De Levure, Peg-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine, Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide/Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium Edta, Octyldodecanol, Citronellol, Fragrance.

Usage:

1. Gently apply onto cleansed face and neck, morning and night.
2. The self-loading dropper gives you the perfect dose every time.
3. Follow with a moisturizer.

Tips:
• Keep a bottle in the fridge for instant relief after being outside in the sun or wind.
• Mix a drop into your foundation to give a great glow to the skin.
• Put a small drop on to dry lips before you apply lip liner and lipstick to smooth the lines on the lips.

• How quickly did you notice result when using this product...3 Answers
  • I use genifique for last 5 years,it's really helps me to ...1 Answers
  • This are my best friends now !! Which ones are yours ? La...1 Answers
Sara S.
The Serum that took me by storm. As many of us MUAs / Beauty Junkies do...I try multiple skin care products only to go right back to what we know and love. However I had noticed what I had been using on my now 36 year old skin did not seem to have the same power as what it did in previous years. So I was sent the Advanced Youth Serum feeling that I would instantly go back to old trusty. Well I was wrong hahaha! So wrong that I ended up buying the second to largest bottle. I noticed at first my skin looked healthier. At this point I was still using all of my old products, just switched serums. After a week small lines started to fade. Insert myself going absolutely into happy dance at this point! This kept getting better and better but I also noticed that I could use this every other day and it helped my old serum (that my skin was sooo used to) start working again as well. This way you get more bang for your buck. Or not, if you are like me and your old Serum is crazy expensive as well. Still though, it started working again. The packaging on this is very nice. The dropper swivels down and it locks. No more leaking bottles or having to squeeze though a dropper that might not pick up the product. The next time you use it...it’s ready to go. I’m in love with this stuff and finding more and more of the line that I enjoy. Yes it is pricey. When you start seeing lines you will pay whatever hehehehe! However I don’t feel with this one you have to wait until you are in your mid 30s. I would say late 20s to early 30s. Start with switching serums every other day or so. That way you still have great skin, but your skin does not get used to what you are using and stop working. As of now...I highly recommend at least the small bottle. It gives you a good 2 weeks since a little does go a long way. Naturally once you have a large bottle you go a little heavier on it because well....you have more hahaha! But still try to remember that you don’t need a ton, and try to keep it at the same amount you were using on that bottle you did not want to end (the small one.) The scent is not strong, but it is there. If you are sensitive please be aware that it is there. Still....if your skin can handle it, I think you would really enjoy this if your current serum is not stronger. If it is, you might be a little disappointed. I wasn’t though. I’m over the moon!
Cristina F.
The most important thing to tell you about my skin is that it’s EXTREMELY problematic. I have always suffered from severe cystic acne and have ALWAYS had the most oily skin & largest pores known to mankind. 👌🏼 Add maturing skin at 42 and I just need it all. And I need it all to be the best or my skin goes to complete 💩.

The first thing I noticed is that Lancôme Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Serum
is packed full of Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid and Sodium Hyaluronate, which screams anti-aging. I prefer to stay chemical free with my skincare but these ingredients are my kryptonite. I have a lot of no skincare years to make up for..

I love the self loading dropper. Seriously, why doesn’t all of my skincare come like this? Twist the cap and the dropper fills with the exact amount needed - and I’m talking enough to generously apply to my entire face and neck. The serum doesn’t feel oily at all, there is no scent and after a couple of minutes it’s completely soaked into my skin with absolutely no residue leftover. Nothing oily or tacky.. if anything my face feels fresh and clean.. and literally tighter. LOVE. The lines and wrinkles I do have begin to fill because of my kryptonite ingredients almost immediately!
Jennifer D.
Rosamond, CA
I loved the feel and smell of this serum very much. It also made a good base for my moisturizer and then makeup, without splitting any of my products up and wrecking everything. It also didn't cause any breakouts or other skin issues while I used it solidly every day (morning and night) for several months - till the bottle was empty. However, this wasn't really the right product for me. I'm not super old so the claims that it has don't really apply to me. I'm a great advocate for using skincare that addresses your concerns, not the concerns you may have down the line. You need preventative skincare, yes, but for your present skin, not the one you may have later. I didn't notice a difference in my skin after using it, other than I felt moisturized. Not for me but I recommend it for those who have the issues that the product claims to help.
Prisci C.
I’ve been using this serum everyday for the past three weeks and I’m really enjoying it. I use it after washing my face with a cleanser in the mornings and at night.

The texture is very lightweight and it absorbs into the skin nicely. Just a few minutes after application, there’s no lingering residue. It has a light floral scent and that doesn’t bother me and goes away quickly in case you’re sensitive to smells.

They say you start seeing results in about a week, but for me it actually took around 2 weeks to notice any differences in my skin. It looks brighter and clearer, some of the spots I have seem to be lighter as well. I can also say it has not irritate my skin or caused any new breakouts which is nice. So far I would recommend this, but I am still testing this so I will be updating this review with more info as time goes by.
Beth R.
SEVIERVILLE , TN
Thanks to Influenster, I am able to try this product at no cost!

I have been using it for 10 days and I like the way it feels.  I noticed that if I apply it in the mornings before putting on my makeup that my eyeliner tends to wear off more quickly.

I have now started to apply it at night and have noticed my makeup lasting longer.

There is no smell that I can make out and it takes very little.  I feel that it is quite expensive so the price alone would deter me from giving it 5 stars.

Knowing that it needs to be applied to my face at night rather than in the morning was the most helpful tip I would give to someone who buys it and has the run-away makeup issue.

I feel confident in saying that after only 10 days of using this serum that I do notice improvement in the 'youthfulness' look to my face and neck.  I am sure to apply it around my eyes and on my forehead...you know, the areas that are most affected by time/age!

If the results continue as I use this daily, I would highly consider purchasing more once this bottle is empty.  I do feel that, while expensive, it is improving the look of my skin.

I have also looked online and I have found Sephora to have the best deal on the product.
Iridian F.
HOUSTON, TX
Before I begin I should note that I have oily non problematic skin. I've never had issues with acne or being sensitive to certain products. For the most part I can use pretty much anything on my skin and I'll see results. Now as for my experience with the Genifique serum, for the first month my skin was looking great. Very moisturized and fresh looking. I could see a difference in my fine lines and dark circles. I was using the Genifique serum along with the Genifique Eye Cream and using a Lancome repair moisturizer. I was religiously using these products morning and night. After a month I saw my skin getting worse and worse. I though it might have been my eating habits or the fact that I wasn't drinking enough water. One day I looked in the mirror after I put on fresh makeup and OMG, my  skin was aged like 10 years! I consulted my dermatologist because it didn't matter how well I washed my face or how much or how little I would use, my skin would not improve. Turns out these products were too heavy and fragrant for my skin. Lancome products are meant for mostly more mature women, being that I'm in my early 20's these products did not work well for my skin type. ALTHOUGH, my mom has been using Lancome products for about two months and shes in her early 50's and SHE LOOKS AMAZING! THATS THE ONLY REASON WHY IM RATING THIS 5 STARS LOLZ
Maegan G.
Houma, LA
I’m actually so conflicted on how I feel about this product. I’ve never tried another serum that has the same lightweight, liquid formula as my Lancome Genifique. However, in terms of long lasting effects — I honestly cant say I’ve seen a dramatic difference in my skin after using an entire bottle. Which I’m quite disappointed with considering this serum is advertised to have amazing effects on your skin. Softens fine lines and wrinkles! Diminishes dark circles! One of a kind formula! Youth Activating! I feel as if there are far too many false claims for this to be so expensive. I enjoy the immediate effects, as it does leave a radiant glow. However I could get that same glow from drugstore products that cost a fraction of the price of this serum. My totally honest opinion is that if you can afford $80-$120 for a serum then by all means it’s worth the try! But if you’re looking for long lasting effects, and this would be an investment for you, I’d try finding a similar product in the drugstores first. Or ask for samples at the Lancome counter before splurging.
Ashantis J.
Product Description: A powerful youth activating serum that reveals youthful radiance and smoother skin in just 7 days. Drop by drop, this potent serum boosts youthful radiance, restoring smoother, more radiant skin you can see and feel in just 7 days.I received this product from Influenster complimentary to test and unfortunately, I don't have much to say. I'm in my early twenties, so youthful radiance is a huge issue for me. What I can say is that the serum is smooth and doesn't leave you feeling sticky, which is nice. It's definitely hydrating, so if you're someone that struggles with dry skin, it would be helpful.
Hailey T.
Holly Springs, MS
Absolutely amazing! Buy this product. I know it is expensive but it is worth it. The first time I used this my face literally shed its outer layer. I know they say "peeling" is product incompatibility but I only have this effect if I haven't used this stuff in awhile. It's not my other product balling up, it's my skin shedding its dead layer and you can SEE the results. Instant beautiful and radiant skin. This is the product that started me on my healthy skin anti aging quest for the best products for my face. So far, this is my HG serum. I swap occasionally with drunk elephant to add an acid to my routine but there is nothin like the silky, luxurious feeling of this serum. It doesn't take much but I just want to bathe in it. It's like a huge crystal clear glass of water for your face. It feels kind of sticky for the first 10 min after application but then you cannot even tell it was applied. My skin is so soft and has a luster even when i am dehydrated from working long shifts with few liquids. My skin doesn't show it at all. A bottle will last you forever so find this on sale if you need to buy then fork over that $80+ and you won't regret it. Life changing, holy grail product you MUST use.
Elizabeth B.
Hillsborough , NC
PROS:
-Luxury packaging
-Easy to apply (smooth, absorbs into skin quickly)
-Works well with other skin care products and makeup products without pilling.

CONS:
-Denatured Alcohol is the 4th ingredient in this serum (I prefer alcohol-free products OR for the alcohol to be much lower in the ingredient list because it can dry out your skin. *NOTE* Some alcohols (such as cetyl alcohol) are chemically different and are not harmful to skin. Denatured alcohol breaks down the skin barrier and is not ideal in skincare.
-Contains Fragrance (the last ingredient) which can be challenging for sensitive skin and can contribute to drying out skin.
-Contains dimethicones which can clog pores and be a challenge for acne-prone people.
-Not Cruelty Free
-Not budget friendly

I do enjoy this serum, however, I prefer other products on the market and do not like to use skin care products that contain fragrance and denatured alcohol.
I received this product complimentary from Influenster, however, I would not recommend this based on the ingredient list.
Danielle S.
Encinitas, CA
Why is this product so highly recommended? The expense is crazy!!
Michelle D.
Cambridge
I'm thinking about to purchase this product. Is it worth the price? After how many uses do you see a result ?
Is this serum safe for preggos?
Nicholene M.
For those of you who have been using this product. I am contemplating trying this out. What results have you seen since using it and at what time frame would you say you started seeing a difference? I Is it worth purchasing.
Jonelle S.
Yonkers, NY
Would you use this beneath makeup?

Sephora