Lagostina Maga EasyUp Pressure Cooker, 8900524613

by Lagostina

Can you do pressure canning in a pressure cooker?
Start your review of Lagostina Maga EasyUp Pressure Cooker, 8900524613!
Michelle N.
Charlton, ON
Lagostina Maga EasyUp Pressure Cooker, 8900524613 uploaded by Michelle N.
Lagostina Maga EasyUp Pressure Cooker, 8900524613 uploaded by Michelle N.
This pressure cooker is not what I expected, as you need to heat it on the stove like a regular pot, not having to plug it in. But I was thoroughly impressed by the quick cooking time (10 minutes for frozen chicken boneless breasts!) which is great for last minute dinners by throwing something together quickly. Dinner is done in literally no time at all. You do have to read the instructions carefully so that you know how to correctly use the pressure cooker properly, since it’s high pressure cooking with a ton of heat, it can be scary. Lagostina makes it easy to use and it’s a brand we trust, so we are happy. I cooked a basic chicken, potato and vegetable dish and it was able to fit plenty, to feed our family of 5. Lagostina Maga EasyUp Pressure Cooker, 8900524613
Lindsay  O.
Dartmouth, NS
Lagostina Maga EasyUp Pressure Cooker, 8900524613 uploaded by Lindsay  O.
When I received the Lagostina pressure cooker I was intimidated. The instructions were clear and easy to follow. They included a very detailed booklet. I find the pot quality to be amazing as I expected from such a great company like Lagostina. It is heavy duty and definitely worth its price. I was able to cook pulled pork in 45 mins instead of the 3 to 4 hours it would have taken to get the tender juicy meat. My Lagostina pressure cooker was easy to clean and will definitely be apart of my kitchen arsenault.
Hannah S.
West Kelowna, BC
Lagostina Maga EasyUp Pressure Cooker, 8900524613 uploaded by Hannah S.
I received the Lagostina Maga pressure cooker from Influenster and used this to make the chicken for a creamy pesto chicken and broccoli pasta dish, and the chicken turned out perfect for what I needed. I put in three frozen chicken breasts and in the 12 minute cooking time, it had them mostly cooked through (which is what the recipe called for, as the chicken would continue cooking all the way through as the recipe went on) and they were easy to cube up. If I had put in thawed chicken, I’m very confident they would have been fully cooked through, so I am excited to use it again for when I make other recipes! I also can’t wait to use the basket! I would definitely like to get the other accessories for this item!
Stephanie A.
Edmonton, AB
Lagostina Maga EasyUp Pressure Cooker, 8900524613 uploaded by Stephanie A.
I decided to get my in-laws to test this out as they have used pressure cookers for decades and would be able to make some great comparisons. Some of the feedback I received: • the lid was way more secure, and easier to unlock because of the handle, but as it sits inside the rim, it could be quite awkward to get out of the cooker itself, especially as it was hot. • It was a much smaller volume than their previous pressure cooker, and the steam basket took up space as well, so they had to adjust some recipes to factor for the size and found it was hard to know how much liquid to add. Some items ended up soggy from the water level rising, and others ended up running dry. Overall they were impressed with the build quality and will use it again, but not for larger recipes. Also recommend that the instructions and recipes should be grouped by language, and the font should be larger, as it was hard to see and involved a lot of jumping back and forth to get the information they wanted.
Gillian  B.
Kamloops, BC
Lagostina Maga EasyUp Pressure Cooker, 8900524613 uploaded by Gillian  B.
I received the Lagostina EasyUp pressure cooker and it couldn’t have came at a better time! My husband and I were already looking for a new pressure cooker. We also recently moved where there is only an induction range and this is compatible with induction. So far I’ve cooked kidney beans, mung dahl, soup and kitchari in this. There is a bit of a learning curve if you’re used to an old fashioned pressure cooker that whistles. I have to set a timer on this instead of counting whistles and figuring out the time has taken practice. Other than that it is really beautiful and looks great on the stove. The easy open and close lid is a bonus because there is no rubber gasket to worry about replacing and no air escapes from the lid. I would recommend this if you’re looking for a pressure cooker. I will also definitely consider purchasing other items from Lagostina as the quality is great. Lagostina Maga EasyUp Pressure Cooker, 8900524613
Cristina R.
Lagostina Maga EasyUp Pressure Cooker, 8900524613 uploaded by Cristina R.
I received this some weeks ago and I have been enjoying it a lot. I love cooking soups, so I used it on a regular basis. You can use the pressure cooker for anything, it will cook your food in a fraction of the time, compared to regular pots. It's large size, so you can cook for two days. It also, has a steam basket, for steaming your vegetables. Lagostina is a great name for kitchen tools and I am glad to have this particular pressure cooker
Amanda Y.
Edmonton, AB
Lagostina Maga EasyUp Pressure Cooker, 8900524613 uploaded by Amanda Y.
I received the Lagostina 7-L Maga Easy Up Pressure Cooker recently, and used it to make an earlier birthday dinner with my boyfriend. He had chosen Prime Rib Roast as the first dish to be cooked in our pressure cooker, and while it took us a little bit to figure out the timing as we had followed a recipe that uses an Instant Pot, dinner was a success! The Pressure Cooker was easy to use, the lid did take a bit of finagling to get it in position but taking it out was a breeze. I also like that it comes with a safety valve (just next to the handle) alongside the regular venting valve. It is a great safety feature that prevent over-pressurization, it releases a bit of steam overtime so I didn’t have to actually vent it out when the time is up. I’m looking forward to making more meals with the Pressure Cooker, maybe try one of the recommendations in the recipe book!
Caroline F.
Mascouche, QC
Lagostina Maga EasyUp Pressure Cooker, 8900524613 uploaded by Caroline F.
I loved everything about it. It works like a charm. The size make it easy to store if you don’t have much space and the aesthetic is beautiful. I would recommend it in a heartbeat.
Shiela P.
Lagostina Maga EasyUp Pressure Cooker, 8900524613 uploaded by Shiela P.
We are so excited to receive this Lagostina Maga EasyUp Pressure Cooker. We have been eyeing the instant pot for a while, but we have a better one now. I love how sleek it looks and how compact it is. Since this was our first time owning a pressure cooker, we had to read the manual, especially since this is not the plug-in type of cookware. The manual that came with it was a bit confusing for us, but we figured it out in the end. Although it may look small, you can actually cook a lot in it. Cleanup is easy, plus you can easily store it the cupboard when not in use versus the instantpot that is bulky. Overall, we are happy with this pressure cooker. The quality of the pot is superb, and we can tell that it will last a long time. I recommend this pot to everyone, and we cannot wait to try more dishes with it!
Shyla A.
Winnipeg, MB
Lagostina Maga EasyUp Pressure Cooker, 8900524613 uploaded by Shyla A.
Lagostina Maga EasyUp Pressure Cooker, 8900524613 uploaded by Shyla A.
Omg this is huge, I was able to make enough soup to last a month in just a single pot. If you want to make lots of food quickly this will do it for sure. It's seriously so shiny I could see my reflection in it lol The only thing I didn't care for was howl loud it gets when releasing steam. But that's not going to stop me from using this pressure cooker.