LaCie USB 3.0 1TB Rugged Mini Hard Drive uploaded by Rachel S.LaCie USB 3.0 1TB Rugged Mini Hard Drive uploaded by Tyler K.

BY LACIE #8 in Hard Drives

The LaCie Rugged Mini Hard Drive has a rugged hard design that can withstand shocks. This drive can take a fall from up to 47.2" (non-operating mode) without harm to the drive or your information. The Rugged Mini is also pressure-resistant and rain-resistant. Being tough on the outside it is also a true performer on the inside. Consider its USB 3.0 interface which is also USB 2.0 compliant, with a transfer rate of up to 5Gb/s. The private- public software that comes built-into the drive ensures that you can keep your files private with the help of a password protected section of the drive. Its iconic orange design is another popular feature of the hard drive. Plus with USB 3.0 speed and full backwards compatibility with USB 2.0 you can use it on almost any computer. You can transfer a 700Mb video in less than 7 seconds. Plus, you can also use the LaCie Mac USB 3.0 Driver to improve data transfer speed on your Mac (Up to 30% performance increase compared to FireWire 800)Automatic Backup The LaCie Rugged Mini hard drive gives you easy automatic worry-free backup for both PC and Mac computers. Maximum Reliability Known for its sturdy construction the LaCie hard drive lives up to its name. Consider this in addition to being rain resistant and shock resistant you can drive over it with a 1-ton car and it still works. Its small size makes it perfect to carry along wherever you go. Password ProtectionThe LaCie built-in Private-Public software makes it easy to ensure that all your files are secure and protected. The Smallest Member of the Rugged FamilyBeing small doesn't mean that the LaCie hard drive isn't powerful enough. With tons of new features added to its list of functions the LaCie hard drive is a solid investment on the go. Protect Your DataBesides protecting your data from external sources the LaCie Mini protects your data from intrusion. The secure password protection software ensures that your files are secure and protected anywhere you go. You can even see more...

Buy on Jet.com
Adam W.
Techie Expert Level 1
I use these for my photography anytime I'm not at home or in my studio. Though they can be a bit pricey, they're super durable and haven't failed me to date - even when an assistant drops or bumps it while running.  If you use drives for work or have highly valuable data that you travel with - I'd highly recommend these workhorses for your arsenal
Keirim V.
El Paso, TX
I have this in the 4TB option. It's perfect and gives you a peace of mind knowing you won't lose files if your hard drive gets dropped or damaged. It's a lot sturdier than a lot of other hard drives. If that's something you're looking for then this is perfect for you!
Stephanie k.
Indianapolis, IN
I am in love with this drive. It works BEAUTIFULLY with my macbook pro 13in with retina. I stupidly bought the Macbook without the hard drive before I started design school. I didn't know anything about file sizes and flash memory. So I bought this drive because my flash kept filling up, making me unable to use any of my software. I love that this drive works with my time machine app and will auto back up my computer. I bought the 1TB with the thunderbolt cable. If you spend the money on this product, you will NOT be sorry!
Leslie A.
Jersey City, NJ
Techie Expert Level 2
As an editor, I love when my company gets these for when we go out on the road. They are durable and have a cable built into it, which is really REALLY helpful. It's pretty fast and I've never had any issues with them (and I have like 10 of theses). Would definitely recommend.
Destiny L.
Bentonville, AR
I am a graphic designer for a local university and I purchased this hard drive to back up my files. I'm constantly on the go and worried that my drive might get damaged! This drive is holding up well and works very quickly. I have it adjusted to work with my Mac and my PC. I highly recommend this product for anyone who abuses their gear.
Lexi C.
Nashville, TN
Not as fast as I thought it would be, but you can't beat the size, weight & durability. I purchased it for my music files/protools sessions and photos, and it's perfect for that.
Kaylee M.
N Hollywood, CA
I am a film major so I use this on a daily basis. I keep all my film projects on it. Ive had mine for a year and I love it to death. It has so much storage on it. Very helpful if you have a lot to store on it.
Kyle B.
Princeton, NJ
Solid drive with durable construction, though the speeds are not as fast as advertised (even following directions and using a new high-spec computer). The rain resistance is a plus!
Derrika W.
Memphis, TN
Ingrid R.
South Gate, CA
I been wanting to obtain one of these for my personal use. but we have them at work they stand up pretty good to falls and things of that sort.