BY LA ROCHE-POSAY

Discover prebiotic skin care. Daily, oil free facial moisturizer to help restore healthy looking skin and protect against damaging UV rays. This Double Repair Moisturizer with SPF 30 works in two ways: Replenishes moisture for all-day hydration and helps restore skin’s natural protective barrier.

• Replenishes moisture with Glycerin and La Roche-Posay Prebiotic Thermal Water.
  • Helps restore skin's natural protective barrier with essential ceramides.
  • Lightweight lotion texture leaves skin feeling smooth.
  • Oil free moisturizer. Non comedogenic.

• Is this too heavy for oily skin?1 Answers
  • Is this a good product for people with eczema and dry skin?2 Answers
Buy on LaRoche...
Cynthia H.
Astoria, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
First and foremost, I did receive these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.

It has been a challenge to find skincare that protects my 30 year old skin from the harmful rays of the sun.  My dermatologist six months ago told me that I needed to stop using my moisturizer that had spf 15 in it but it was literally the only moisturizer that would not make my skin break out and didn't leave an oily residue.

The problem with my skin is that it is oily combo in some parts and dry in others.  Oh the joys of being in your 30s.  So I ditched that moisturizer and I've literally been searching for a great moisturizer that has at least spf 30 in it, that would also be great for my combo skin.  Cut two months ago I had to go back to her for my follow up to remove a cancerous looking mole and she had a list of moisturizers that I could afford and this was one of them.  So I put it on my Amazon wishlist because I was like "noted by my dermatologist this is one of the brands she recommends."

Now cut to Influenster coming into my life.  The story that I told above is one of those funny moments in your life where everything sort of just comes together.   They selected me to review these products (the moisturizer and the cleanser) via complimentary.  I literally was jumping for joy because I was waiting to purchase this EXACT moisturizer based on the recommendations of my dermatologist.  It was like FATE!

So here is my review- I've been wearing this moisturizer now for 2 solid weeks.  I am a firm believer that if you are going to review something, you need to first give it time for your skin to adjust and then see how your skin reacts to the product.  First thing I noticed is that the moisturizer blended in really nicely, a little goes a long way.  Second the consistency was never too thick for my combo skin to handle.  It absorbed into my skin and didn't leave an oily residue afterwards.  Third (this one is important because I've noticed with my aging skin that it has gotten more sensitive to products with SPF) I had no reactions to the spf other than seeing that it was protecting my fair Irish skin from the harmful rays.  I'm using this in the cold weather in NY and my skin has really responded so nicely to using this every single day.  My skin feels moisturized and it looks great.

I would absolutely recommend this moisturizer for those with combo skin and for those who are concerned about a good/high spf in your normal skincare routine.  I will absolutely be re-purchasing this product after I am done with it.
Brin D.
Concord, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have a lot to say about this moisturizer/sunscreen, which I received for free from Influenster. I'm seeing some people mention how much they're using, and find that most people aren't using nearly enough-which is very common! For my face, I spread the sunscreen generously across my middle finger, as I read in a study that, proportionally, that makes sunscreen the most effective. I wear sunscreen every. Single. Day. I usually use Japanese or Korean sunscreens, as they are usually a very light fluid and can have a matte, blurring finish. Knowing all this, I went into this review quite skeptical. First thing I noticed is I really like the texture of this moisturizer-it's got a soft cream texture, not a typical gloopy American sunscreen texture. It does have the strong sunscreen scent, which doesn't bother me. But you've got to be careful to not get this in your eyes, which is a bit of a daunting task since the eye area needs sunscreen too! I'm just careful to not get it in my lashes or waterline, as it'll burn very badly and make my eyes water. Once applied (should mention I have oily/dehydrated skin), I find my skin looks quite slick and glowy. Conflicting adjectives because I feel conflicted. It is a healthy look, but having oily skin, I worry about looking like a grease-ball. I feel that this protects me from the sun and wears decently under makeup. It looks very natural and sinks in relatively quickly, leaving me feel super plump and hydrated. I'm still on the fence about a repurchase, as it's not my favorite sunscreen, but I do love a lot of things about it, and find it pretty good for a winter moisturizer/spf combo, especially since it has ingredients beneficial to the skin's moisture barrier, like ceramides and niacinamide, which I've already reaped benefits from. It should be noted that I feel this moisturizer would have NO downsides for a different skin type-dry skin, or any skin types that don't struggle with oil. My skin has been looking exceptionally clear, soft, and bright. I'll update my review once I finish the bottle and see if my skin changes negatively without using this product.
Kimberly d.
Oakland, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This La Roche-Posay facial sunscreen keeps my dry skin hydrated all day long, and protects my skin from the sun's harmful rays.  I got this product for free from Influenster to test out and had never tried anything from La Roche-Posay before, but I was excited that the brand is specifically designed for super sensitive skin.  I like that it's free of fragrances and other irritants.

I typically get dry spots on my forehead towards the end of the day regardless of how much facial serums and beauty oils I've tried in the past.  I was very surprised when I noticed that my skin stayed hydrated all day and no longer needed a midday blast of thermal water or serum.

A small downside is that is this product still feels like a slightly thick sunscreen when applying it, but fortunately it quickly absorbs into my skin and then I felt like I was wearing nothing extra on my face.  It works well under makeup, so it's a good way to add SPF protection to my daily routine.  Although the company states it does not conduct animal testing, I saw that they do not have any external Leaping bunny or other cruelty free certification for this product or brand.

Overall, it has performed very well as a hydrating sunscreen for my dry, sensitive skin and see why it is an Allure beauty award winner.
Meredith S.
Berkley, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this product complimentary from LaRoche-Posay and Influenster in exchange for my honest reviews. I find this to be a decent Moisturizer. Living in Michigan, you might not think you need SPF but it is definitely recommended on a daily basis. I also have dry skin and in the winter, it tends to get even drier. I find that this Moisturizer doesn't quite hydrate as much as my skin would like. I have layered it on top of a heavier Moisturizer to give additional moisture as well as the SPF protection and that works good. I think this product would work well with those who are normal to combo skin. But, do keep in mind the winters here can be pretty brutal so I don't think I'm giving it a fair assessment at this moment ! Knowing my skin, it does change over to combo in the warmer months and I definitely think this product would work for me very well during the Spring/Summer/Fall! I do love the fact that is has little to no added scent! It didn't break me out and it absorbs into the skin very easily.
Ashley R.
Portland, OR
Beauty Junkie Expert
Lately skincare has been a huge focus for me so when Influenster notified me I would be getting this moisturizer along with the cleanser, I was excited. I have fairly sensitive skin so the fact that it’s made for it and is scent free, was a total win for me. I started with the cleanser and I was in love with it. Next came the moisturizer. First thing I noticed was it had a faint sunscreen smell. When I applied it, I didn’t love it. It definitely felt more like a sunscreen than a moisturizer. It didn’t blend well into my skin. It seemed like it left a layer all over my face; almost making me want to rewash my face. Waking up the next morning, my face did feel softer and it had helped a with a dry patch I had on my nose. Overall, I will still use it. But I don’t think I would purchase on my own.

*I received this product for free for my honest review
Elizabeth N.
Bozeman, MT
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this product as a free sample.

This is a good moisturizer made even better with the addition of SPF. I have very sensitive skin and usually break out when I use SPF lotions, but I did not have that problem with this product.

Some other pros: It doesn't have a scent  and even though it fully moisturizes my skin (no dry spots), it doesn't make me feel greasy or oily. A little goes a long way, so I could see this tube lasting quite a while. I only use a pea-sized amount when applying.

I only use the lotion during the day, which is why I took off one star.
Malia R.
MIAMI, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Daily cleansers and moisturizers replenish essential moisture for hydrated, healthy looking skin. Developed under a strict formulation charter with carefully-selected ingredients, the Toleriane range of products are allergy tested, fragrance free, and paraben free.
I love how hydrated my skin leaves it, and it does not leave it greasy to have sun protection, it has 2 wonderful benefits, without a doubt it is a product that all people with delicate skin should have.
Lucy G.
Johnson City, TN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this product free for testing from Influenster. I absolutely loved Toleriane Double Repair Moisturizer UV Daily Facial Moisturizing Lotion because it was light weight, oil-free, and moisturizing. It didn't clog up my pores or cause acne, and it left my skin feeling fresh and moisturized all day. I have been searching for a moisturizer that has SPF because all the beauty sites talk about needing to have SPF lotion as your number one beauty ingredient. My only complaint about this product is that it really isn't fragrance free. It has an overwhelming SPF lotion scent. Overall, it's now my go-to moisturizer.
Melanie M.
Santa Ana, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
The only sunscreen I use! This also serves as my daily morning moisturizer. This product contains ceramide and niacinamide! Cermide helps plump the skin while creating a barrier that helps retain moisture and niacinamide (B3) helps reduce blemishes by helping reduce skin congestion and buildup. This moisturizer/sunscreen is super gentle and soaks right into my skin. It does not have an overly aggressive sunscreen smell to it which is nice. This is pretty affordable and can be found online or at Target. My absolute favorite sunscreen/moisturizer out there. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Double Repair Moisturizer UV
Meghan M.
Independence, MO
Beauty Junkie Expert
This product surprised me. It looks, feels and smells like a normal sunscreen, so I thought it would feel heavy, thick and oily like sunscreen usually does, but it didn’t! It felt very light and went on smoothly. I’m so excited to have a daily-use product that doubles as a moisturizer and protects your skin from sun damage! My face always feels so dry and it almost hurts in the fall/winter months, but ever since I e used this product my face stays moisturized all day long! No more cracking, uncomfortable skin.
I received this product for free for testing purposes.
Kimberly d.
Oakland, CA
Is this a good product for people with eczema and dry skin?
Alana S.
Is this too heavy for oily skin?