BY LA ROCHE-POSAY #64 in Facial Moisturizers

Discover prebiotic skin care. Daily, oil free facial moisturizer to help restore healthy looking skin and protect against damaging UV rays. This Double Repair Moisturizer with SPF 30 works in two ways: Replenishes moisture for all-day hydration and helps restore skin’s natural protective barrier.

• Replenishes moisture with Glycerin and La Roche-Posay Prebiotic Thermal Water.
  • Helps restore skin's natural protective barrier with essential ceramides.
  • Lightweight lotion texture leaves skin feeling smooth.
  • Oil free moisturizer. Non comedogenic.

• Is this too heavy for oily skin?1 Answers
  • Is this a good product for people with eczema and dry skin?2 Answers
Buy on LaRoche...
Cynthia H.
First and foremost, I did receive these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.

It has been a challenge to find skincare that protects my 30 year old skin from the harmful rays of the sun.  My dermatologist six months ago told me that I needed to stop using my moisturizer that had spf 15 in it but it was literally the only moisturizer that would not make my skin break out and didn't leave an oily residue.

The problem with my skin is that it is oily combo in some parts and dry in others.  Oh the joys of being in your 30s.  So I ditched that moisturizer and I've literally been searching for a great moisturizer that has at least spf 30 in it, that would also be great for my combo skin.  Cut two months ago I had to go back to her for my follow up to remove a cancerous looking mole and she had a list of moisturizers that I could afford and this was one of them.  So I put it on my Amazon wishlist because I was like "noted by my dermatologist this is one of the brands she recommends."

Now cut to Influenster coming into my life.  The story that I told above is one of those funny moments in your life where everything sort of just comes together.   They selected me to review these products (the moisturizer and the cleanser) via complimentary.  I literally was jumping for joy because I was waiting to purchase this EXACT moisturizer based on the recommendations of my dermatologist.  It was like FATE!

So here is my review- I've been wearing this moisturizer now for 2 solid weeks.  I am a firm believer that if you are going to review something, you need to first give it time for your skin to adjust and then see how your skin reacts to the product.  First thing I noticed is that the moisturizer blended in really nicely, a little goes a long way.  Second the consistency was never too thick for my combo skin to handle.  It absorbed into my skin and didn't leave an oily residue afterwards.  Third (this one is important because I've noticed with my aging skin that it has gotten more sensitive to products with SPF) I had no reactions to the spf other than seeing that it was protecting my fair Irish skin from the harmful rays.  I'm using this in the cold weather in NY and my skin has really responded so nicely to using this every single day.  My skin feels moisturized and it looks great.

I would absolutely recommend this moisturizer for those with combo skin and for those who are concerned about a good/high spf in your normal skincare routine.  I will absolutely be re-purchasing this product after I am done with it.
Brin D.
Concord, CA
I have a lot to say about this moisturizer/sunscreen, which I received for free from Influenster. I'm seeing some people mention how much they're using, and find that most people aren't using nearly enough-which is very common! For my face, I spread the sunscreen generously across my middle finger, as I read in a study that, proportionally, that makes sunscreen the most effective. I wear sunscreen every. Single. Day. I usually use Japanese or Korean sunscreens, as they are usually a very light fluid and can have a matte, blurring finish. Knowing all this, I went into this review quite skeptical. First thing I noticed is I really like the texture of this moisturizer-it's got a soft cream texture, not a typical gloopy American sunscreen texture. It does have the strong sunscreen scent, which doesn't bother me. But you've got to be careful to not get this in your eyes, which is a bit of a daunting task since the eye area needs sunscreen too! I'm just careful to not get it in my lashes or waterline, as it'll burn very badly and make my eyes water. This sometimes becomes a problem, as I can’t rub my eyes while wearing this sunscreen, otherwise my eyes will go haywire. Once applied (should mention I have oily/dehydrated skin), I find my skin looks quite slick and glowy. Conflicting adjectives because I feel conflicted. It is a healthy look, but having oily skin, I worry about looking like a grease-ball. I feel that this protects me from the sun and wears decently under makeup. It looks very natural and sinks in relatively quickly, leaving me feel super plump and hydrated. I'm still on the fence about a repurchase, as it's not my favorite sunscreen, but I do love a lot of things about it, and find it pretty good for a winter moisturizer/spf combo, especially since it has ingredients beneficial to the skin's moisture barrier, like ceramides and niacinamide, which I've already reaped benefits from. It should be noted that I feel this moisturizer would have NO downsides for a different skin type-dry skin, or any skin types that don't struggle with oil. My skin has been looking exceptionally clear, soft, and bright.
Shannon M.
Mobile, AL
This is the first time I have tried this brand and moisturizer. I have been really impressed with the way it feels on my skin and it does not leave my skin feeling oily. It goes on smooth and effortless. Another positive is that it doesn't leave your hands or face sticky as some moisturizers do with sunscreen in it. One of my favorite attributes is, it has sunscreen in it and you can tell because it smells like sunscreen. It has enough in it to be a good barrier for your skin and provide all day protection from the sun. When I was in high school my art teacher always told me the number one makeup/skincare product to always use is a moisturizer with sunscreen and I think I have found it in this moisturizer. The packaging is clean and easy to read all the benefits, directions and ingredients. This is also an affordable moisturizer if you are looking for a higher end moisturizer that will protect your face, smell great and provide you all day benefits! I received this as a free sample from Influenster but I would also purchase this for myself or others.
Stephanie G.
Chino, CA

A moisturizer with sunscreen is extremely important to me and to my surprise this had ingredients I had not seen before. I typically see Zinc Oxide, but this one had different ingredients for SPF, which I really liked! Sometimes Zinc can be hard on my face by increasing breakouts on my face, so I was happy to find an alternative.

This moisturizer does feel like a typical sunscreen when you first apply it, but it does dry like a powder. I have combination skin and this product hydrated my dry areas without making my oily areas worse, like others in the market. I felt like this was a very even product for my skin type. This product quickly absorbed on my face which I loved. I do use a face oil as a foundation primer and it works well under that too!

I would highly recommend to anyone with combination skin!

* I did receive this product courtesy of Influenster

Kimberly d.
Oakland, CA
This La Roche-Posay facial sunscreen keeps my dry skin hydrated all day long, and protects my skin from the sun's harmful rays.  I got this product for free from Influenster to test out and had never tried anything from La Roche-Posay before, but I was excited that the brand is specifically designed for super sensitive skin.  I like that it's free of fragrances and other irritants.

I typically get dry spots on my forehead towards the end of the day regardless of how much facial serums and beauty oils I've tried in the past.  I was very surprised when I noticed that my skin stayed hydrated all day and no longer needed a midday blast of thermal water or serum.

A small downside is that is this product still feels like a slightly thick sunscreen when applying it, but fortunately it quickly absorbs into my skin and then I felt like I was wearing nothing extra on my face.  It works well under makeup, so it's a good way to add SPF protection to my daily routine.  Although the company states it does not conduct animal testing, I saw that they do not have any external Leaping bunny or other cruelty free certification for this product or brand.

Overall, it has performed very well as a hydrating sunscreen for my dry, sensitive skin and see why it is an Allure beauty award winner.

I also let my husband try it since he has oily skin and he thought it was a great daily sunscreen for his face.
Mandy V.
San Jose, CA
I have combination to oily skin that is also sensitive and acne prone, with that in mind this product has worked well for me. I bought this on sale on Ulta’s website for about $10 and it’s really helped with my acne and acne scars. If I don’t apply sunscreen everyday I notice that my acne scars get darker so to help with that I got this and only need a dime sized amount to cover my face. I’m not exactly sure how it wears under makeup since I don’t wear face makeup on the daily but it for sure keeps the oils on my skin at bay throughout the day. It also doesn’t emphasize any dry patches I have but it actually smoothes it out by moisturizing it. I mainly bought it because I saw it has niacinimide and ceramide in the ingredients list and I know for sure those help my acne/skin out.
Melanie M.
Santa Ana, CA
The only sunscreen I use! This also serves as my daily morning moisturizer. This product contains ceramide and niacinamide! Cermide helps plump the skin while creating a barrier that helps retain moisture and niacinamide (B3) helps reduce blemishes by helping reduce skin congestion and buildup. This moisturizer/sunscreen is super gentle and soaks right into my skin. It does not have an overly aggressive sunscreen smell to it which is nice. This is pretty affordable and can be found online or at Target. My absolute favorite sunscreen/moisturizer out there. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Double Repair Moisturizer UV
Ali H.
Denver, CO
I wear this daily moisturizer when I know I'm going to be exposed to the sun. After applying it in the morning as my moisturizer, I wore it for a full day of very sunny Colorado skiing and my skin didn't burn or experience dryness or redness afterward -- a rare feat. However, I treated the product like a daily moisturizer first and foremost, so I applied it like I would any daily moisturizer. Big mistake. The sunscreen element made my eyes burn the whole day. I kept having to rub my eyes, and I wasn't even sweating a lot (which would cause it to run). The instructions and packaging really made me think this could be used as a daily moisturizer, but anyone who is even a little sensitive to sunscreen shouldn't wear this in that way. It also feels quite thick in a sunscreen way, not a high-end moisturizing way.
Sidra V.
Quincy, MA
I received this product complimentary for review from Influenster.  It's a little thicker than I like for a product I'm going to put under makeup, I want something more lotion-y.  However, it sinks in quickly, there isn't a particularly noticeable scent (nor a sunscreen-y scent).   It seems to work well under my makeup, I've worn it under a few different foundations and BB Creams and I haven't noticed any effect on wear time or anything like that.  Having a moisturizer with sunscreen in it is a big deal, and this product fits that bill - I remain a little put off by the thickness even though it has no impact on efficacy.  Everyone has their quirks!
P K.
First, let me state that I have used this moisturizer for the past 5 weeks. I wanted to make sure I had a thorough experience with it before reviewing it. After this trial period, I can confidently say that this was one of the best moisturizers I have used for my oily face. Especially during winter seasons, my face can can extremely dry and even patchy. However, with this moisturizer, the major problems seemed to diminish. The texture was fantastic, didn't feel too greasy or watery, and my skin felt very moisturized after. A little goes a long way with this product too, so don't squeeze out too much! In summary, I LOVED this moisturizer. Definitely worth a try!!!
Kimberly d.
Oakland, CA
Is this a good product for people with eczema and dry skin?
Alana S.
Is this too heavy for oily skin?