BY LA ROCHE-POSAY

Effaclar mat daily moisturizer targets oil for a dual mattifying and pore refining action, due to a combination of innovative ingredients. Formulated with: - new sebulyse technology with absorbing powders for a targetted action on excess oil. -micro-exfoliating lha: offers precise cell-by-cell exfoliation to smooth roughness and gradually even skin texture.â -zinc pidolate: neutralizes shine immediately upon application. -vitamin c and e antioxidants: help protect the skin from external agressors. see more...

Avvier M.
Avvier M.
I will give this product 4 stars. Because it is a good moisturizer and it does keep my face oil free for a while EXCEPT my nose reason being because my nose is the area where my face produces the most oil out of all. It is lightweight, I like the gel consistency because it distributes evenly and get absorbed quickly unlike a lot that just sit on top of your face all day which then later sounds like ACNEEE!! Well not only does it control your shine but pores too. mine are not that big therefore I can't really judge this moisturizer from that point of view. But remember, this is anti comedogenic so it won't clog pores.
Allana T.
Allana T.
Even though this is basically marketed as a moisturizer, I use it a a primer... and I LOVE it. It's lightweight, like a gel, and absorbs into the skin within seconds, but still does what it promises: mattifies and fills in the pores. My problem with most primers that are set to do those tasks is that the consistency and ingredients tend to make me break out. However, I've never had a problem with this and I've already gone through three tubes! If you're oily/combination, especially once the summer months roll by, do yourself a favor and try this out!
Amany I.
Amany I.
I have REALLY oily skin and live in a very humid place and this moisturizer feels thick on my skin, like it is clogging my pores and I just don't like the feel of it. I do like using it on top of my spf whenever I do use it since it does matiffy it and makes my skin feel smooth. Now, I have really textures skin (pores and acne) so I tried this as a makeup base (like the box says) and it didn't improve whatsoever the appearance of my skin. I wouldn't repurchase this.
Megan G.
Megan G.
Philadelphia, PA and Paris, France
My skin is on the oily side in the summer and I have to be careful with my daytime moisturizer. This is the perfect amount of moisture and my skin really did look matte after. Kind of a small container but you can squeeze more than you think out. It's the first matte type of moisturizer I've tried so i like it but I don't know if there's better value stuff out there or not.
Glenis D.
Glenis D.
It is excellent , my skin is very oily and effectively this gel helps control shine and leave dull skin , I apply before the foundation causes it to remain longer in my face and delays the emergence of the hated shine.
Doral, FL
The best product dermatologic, It function me as primer makeup. I liked for your formula I feel that acts of way the makeup not accumulate in the pores
Natalie C.
Natalie C.
Cleveland, TN
This moisturizer is forever my favorite! The problem with having oily skin is that you need to keep your skin moisturized, but you need something to keep your face looking matte all day too. This moisturizer really really helps. I struggled with finding a product that was A) actually a good moisturizer and B) actually helped combat my oily skin and this is the best I have found. It goes on like a gel and feels SO good on the face. My skin immediately feels so much softer after using this! It dries pretty quickly and from that point out my oily complexion is a lot more under control. It's also great about reducing the look of pores, which has also been a problem in the past. I am a huge fan of this (I'm on my third bottle now) and I will continue to buy this, it's worth every penny.
Cristina A.
Cristina A.
I picked this up as a suggestion from a pharmacist in Portugal. I was a bit skeptical because I've tried several mattifying moisturizers in the past, including one from Bioderma, and was never really all that impressed. This moisturizer feels light and gel-like and absorbs to a matte finish. I actually feel like my enlarged pores aren't as noticeable when I wear it which is a huge deal for me because it's one of the things that makes me most self-conscious about my skin. It was a good deal cheaper in Portugal than it is in the U.S. but I would highly recommend it if you have oily skin.
Syeda I.
Syeda I.
It's a very very good product for oily skins. If you feel that your skin is constantly oily and you often have pimples or acne problems, this would work best for you. And it works much better than any mattifying primer on your face. Its amazing the quality of this brand , for taking care of my face skin, i only use this products, my skin is kind of a mix, is greasy but also dry at the same time, and very sensitive I use Mat in the mornings , it make the balance that my face need, it keeps it hydrated and at the same time it controls the pimples and those stuff Its very light and its very quickly absorbed so you don't gave the feeling of having cream in you face I completely recommend this
Luisana P.
Luisana P.
Katy, TX
My dermatologist recommended me this product for my skin, it's my first time using it so I was a little skeptical, I love it because it does not make my face oily at all, and I can see the difference now on my pores and skin tone. I use it every morning before sunscreen and it feels super light, i got it at cvs. The only bad thing is that It does not last longer ( 2month)
Kelsey F.
Kelsey F.
Gainesville
Looking for a daily moisturizer that will make my oily skin feel matte but not dry. So many moisturizers make me feel greasy. Does this work for oily skin? Does it help hold makeup in place?
Doral, FL
Why do you think that effaclar mat is ideal for oil skin?