BY LA ROCHE-POSAY

Oily skin cleanser formulated with zinc to purify skin and help remove excess oil and shine. Clear, refreshing gel cleanser texture. Face wash tested on sensitive skin. Soap free. Alcohol free. Oil free. Ingredients: water, sodium laureth sulfate, peg-8, coco-betaine, hexylene glycol, sodium chloride, peg-120 methyl glucose dioleate, zinc pca, sodium hydroxide, citric acid, sodium benzoate, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, parfum/fragrance. see more...

Buy on Amazon
  • "This gel from La Roche gently purifies the skin eliminating impurities and excess sebum. It is special for sensitive skin and fats and is made with La Roche-Posay thermal water, which leaves the skin clean and fresh. I use it twice a week to thoroughly clean the skin, but I can use it daily if it works." in 34 reviews
Cady B.
Odem, TX
Okay- so let me start off by saying that I have been a HUGE LRP buff since 2008. Yes, a decade of bff-ship with the ENTIRE Effaclar line. My acne was horrible, painful cysts decorated my entire face along with lots of angry white heads. Kids can be cruel, and my acne was something they never let me forget about (as if I could forget- I could FEEL how big, plenty, and painful they all were just by moving my face!) This face wash is gentle, effective (what’s a better word for effective? Ah yes, super-effective). In conjunction with the rest of the Effaclar line, my entire face and neck cleared up completely. I’m talking 90% improvement in a matter of 2 months of consistent, routine use. No dryness, no irritation. I have never had anything work so well for such a long duration. Over 10 years of use and I’ll never stop!
It's J.
Ithaca, NY
I have the big pump bottle of this and it has lasted me for so long. I got two from France and I’m glad I did. It’s great for acne prone skin and really strips the face and purifies it. However, my face does feel quite dry afterwards which isn’t good (even if you have oily skin as that will cause your skin to create even more oil) and I find that using it once a day is good for me. Make sure to moisturize well after use. This product isn’t an end all be all product in that it isn’t miraculous but works well in conjunction with other products that are part of my skincare regimen.
Kate G.
This is a great cleanser for someone with very sensitive, but oily & even acne prone skin. I used this a while ago when my skin was much more combo/ oily and it’s a REALLY great alternative to traditional acne washes that contain salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. Those traditional types of acne washes tend to just dry the skin out more and cause more sensitivity and breakouts. This effaclar cleanser helped with oiliness and breakouts without over-drying or causing any extra sensitivity. I found it to be really great for that and helping to keep breakouts at bay. I cannot use this anymore, as my skin has changed and become more dry and gets dehydrated more easily. This cleanser is much better for people with more oily skin types.
Abigail C.
Windsor, CO
I love this cleanser. I use it as a second cleanse, so I can’t speak to how effectively it removes makeup, but it’s my perfect second cleanse. It’s gentle, doesn’t strip my skin, doesn’t irritate, and has a low pH. I would highly recommend to my fellow oily or combination skinned people! I’m on my second bottle and will definitely purchase again!
Inna S.
New Castle, DE
I am absolutely in love with this cleanser! My skin is super oily and problem, so I need a good-working products in my everyday routine. This cleanser works really good - cleanses my skin at the high level, with time could make it better in general. And it smells soo good!
Andressa K.
This is my favorite facial cleaner! I have been using it for a year now and it never disappoints me. It has a gentle texture that cleans your face and washes all the oil away from your face. My skin is extremely oily and this is the only cleaner that keep the oil away for a long time! I totally recommend it.
Kylie R.
Niagara on The Lake, ON
This product has been my cleanser for the past year and I would never turn back to others. It was reduced ance, blemishes, red lines, and thoroughly cleans my face. This product also gets all of my makeup, including eyeliner and mascara, off my face after a night out. Would recommend.
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel Cleanser I recently bought this from boots and I have to say I'm not sure it was worth the price. This is a very nice cleanser and will not irritate the skin but it does the same job as many cheaper alternatives.
Brenna M.
I bought this at CVS for about $13. It has a new blue packaging BTW. It has worked well on my skin and takes off all the makeup without making my skin feel like it's been stripped of it's natural oils or too dry. It was made for acne-prone skin but not specifically for acne. I will continue to use!
Stephanie I.
Worksop, Nottinghamshire
I found this product way too harsh for my skin. Even though I had oily skin at the time of using it, it left my skin dry, tight and angry! The scent of it was pretty strong too. I would ebb on the side of caution if you have sensitive skin with this one.