La Roche-Posay Effaclar Medicated Acne Face Wash

MEDICATED GEL ACNE FACE WASH : Our best acne cleanser removes excess oil and helps clear acne breakouts. This salicylic acid face wash is formulated with 2% salicylic acid and lipo-hydroxy acid to remove impurities without harsh scrub particles that may irritate skin.

Do you guys know if this product is good?? I need I new cleanser...
Any thoughts on this facial cleanser? I’m looking for recommendations
Start your review of La Roche-Posay Effaclar Medicated Acne Face Wash!
Product Highlights
...this might just do the trick for you. Beware though, that if you have sensitive skin this might be too harsh for everyday use. I've used the Effaclar Duo as a spot treatment every other day or whenever I felt a pimple coming up. Yes La Roche is pricey, but I really do think it's worth it because it WORKS.in reviews
Jennifer P.
Phoenix, AZ
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Medicated Acne Face Wash uploaded by Jennifer P.
Purchased at: ULTA
I love this stuff. Gives me a cooling sensation when washing my face. Also doesn't make my face feel dryed out after washing . Helps with breakouts because it is medicated. Clear when rubbing on then suds up as you wash face. Skin feels amazing after I rinse soap off.
Kristina N.
Cordova, TN
Purchased at: ULTA
I don’t say this lightly, but this product and brand not only changed, but also saved my life. I have been dealing with terrible acne for the past 5 years that has both been caused by hormonal changes (due to a medication I was on years ago) and also clogged pours. I have spent hundreds and probably even thousands over the years trying different facial products to try to get rid of my acne, but to no avail. Before then, I have always had incredibly clear skin and not a single issue. I was desperate. I was depressed. I hated leaving my house because my acne got so bad that even makeup wouldn’t conceal it but would rather just make it seem like I had a bunch of skin colored bumps on my face. I even stopped seeing friends. I hated taking selfie’s and pictures with friends. Everything was just bad. Then I ran across a post about La Roche Posay, a long forgotten brand by me that I used to use back in High School when my skin was crystal clear and I decided to see what new products they would have. To my surprise they had an entire line for acne. I read hundreds of reviews and saw that people were having luck with it and since I had nothing to lose because my skin was at the worst it’s ever been, I decided to order the Effaclar Medicated wash, the Adapalene cream to test them out and see if maybe they would at least help a little bit. What came next was a shock to everyone. FOUR DAYS after washing my face twice a day with the Effaclar medicated wash and using the Adapalene cream, my acne began to clear up. It was like a holy moment in my life where I couldn’t believe my eyes. A few weeks later and all but 2 spots on each side of the face had cleared up. Due to the mask mandates from Covid 19, my pores would still get clogged a little but nothing compared to how it was before. I have since bought more products from the La Roche Posay brand and I couldn’t be any happier with them. After the 2 week mark, I purchased the La Roche Posay hydrating gentle cleanser, the lipikar lotion, the touleraine ultra moisturizer, the Effaclar duo acne treatment, the double repair facial moisturizer and also the Effaclar mat moisturizer. Literally every single product I have tried has been an absolute God-send! All of their products are dermatologist tested and approved and they are non comedogenic which means they DO NOT CLOG PORES!!! My face would sometimes be a little dry after using the Effaclar medicated wash, the Adapalene gel and the Effaclar duo treatment, so I began using the touleraine ultra moisturizer in the morning because it feels light on my skin, and then the lipikar lotion on my face at night to get a good hydration going overnight! I love using the double repair facial moisturizer under a very light layer of makeup and the Effaclar mat moisturizer is an absolute holy grail item used under a full face of makeup because it also acts as a primer. This is a really long review but I wanted you all to know that these products, while a little on the pricier side of daily skincare, are absolutely AMAZING and worth EVERY penny. Thank you so much La Roche Posay for saving my skin and bringing back the happiness and confidence that I lost 5 years ago. The before and after pictures speak for themselves! This is a ONE MONTH DIFFERENCE.
Isabella G.
Westport, CT
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Medicated Acne Face Wash uploaded by Isabella G.
Skin type: Sensitive, oily, acne prone, uneven and dull, blackheads, redness. I've tried many, many face washes for blemish prone skin in my lifetime and this is one of my favorites. La Roche-Posay in general has some of my favorite skincare products so I wasn't surprised! It's very mild, lathers beautifully, and leaves your face feeling extremely clean without being tight or stripped of moisture. There was a noticeable difference in the clearness of my skin within the first week of use! I like to wipe my makeup off with a microfibre cloth first, then wash my face with this cleanser to get the first layer of makeup and gunk off. I wash my face a second time to let the salicylic acid penetrate into my pores and truly deep clean my face. 2-3 times a week I'll also use a konyaku sponge to gently exfoliate my skin on the second use. I have many problems with my skin, and this seems to really work for me in terms of gently yet effectively controlling oiliness, acne, and blackheads specifically. Exfoliation goes the extra mile to help with dullness.
emily P.
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Medicated Acne Face Wash uploaded by emily P.
My new fav!! this product makes my skin feel amazing and i start to see a difference after the first wash! my face has never felt and looked so good. This is definitely a product i will always use and recommend.La Roche-Posay Effaclar Medicated Acne Face Wash
Neshia J.
Jacksonville, FL
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Medicated Acne Face Wash uploaded by Neshia J.
Purchased at: Walgreens
I’ve been using this face wash for about a month now and I like it a lot! I suffer from hormonal acne from my birth control and this contains Salicylic Acid which that helps with the flare ups and Glycolic Acid that helps slowly fade away the dark marks the acne leaves behind. Nice duo in a tube! I will say this is not an everyday face wash for me because it will dry your skin out. I saw first hand the first week I used it. It foams up slightly, has a medicinal smell but it does what needs to be done! This here is a new favorite!
Ms. C.
Long Beach, CA
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Medicated Acne Face Wash uploaded by Ms. C.
Purchased at: ULTA
Ok, I am really happy with this cleanser. It is effective in preventing breakouts in combination with other acne fighting treatments. It helps with oiliness as well but doesn’t dry out the skin. A little bit goes a long way, it is fragrance free and contains exfoliating acids. Make sure to use sunscreen when using this. . . Update: the lid broke off after a month of use. It was really difficult to open the product for weeks and then it finally completely broke. I would prefer a better packaging, hence a star off.
Chyenne A.
Lincoln Park, MI
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Medicated Acne Face Wash uploaded by Chyenne A.
This has been working wonders for my back and chest. I’ve been struggling for the last couple of years with my back breaking out and this has helped a lot.
Himani W.
Westmont, IL
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Medicated Acne Face Wash uploaded by Himani W.
Absolute favorite..this cleanser is bomb, i have acne and this works like magic, definitely gonna stick to this one!
Ingrìd S.
Hattiesburg, MS
Purchased at: ULTA
I love this cleanser here is why : I have combination skin and also super sensitive skin eczema and psoriasis combination, this cleanser is super gentle and don’t dry me out. This is a medicated cleanser contain salicylic acid 2% target excess oil and help my skin with mild acne. Also I have seen huge result using this cleanser with their medicated toner on reducing my pores. I use it Morning and night time as a part of my routine and you can’t beat the price. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Medicated Acne Face Wash
Aksamal D.
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Medicated Acne Face Wash uploaded by Aksamal D.
love this cleanser. It’s pretty basic and I like that it’s gentle and has no fragrance and it’s non-foaming. It works really well for me now that my skin is dryer and a bit sensitive from using tretinoin. Its kind of similar to the Cerave hydrating cleanser but I think this one is much better at actually cleansing and it doesn’t leave a film behind.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Nathalie M.
Union City, NJ
il y a 2 mois
Arice G. il y a 2 mois
Quite effective, it leaves my face quite soft, with the use of approximately one week, in my case it started working. I hope it's the same to you if you decide to use it.
Fatima A.
Winnetka , CA
il y a 4 mois
Aleksei M. il y a 3 mois
It's great for acne-prone and sensitive skin. Mildly exfoliating, gentle but thorough cleansing, and doesn't strip moisture from the skin. It's an excellent acne facial cleanser.
Brenda C.
il y a 4 mois
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Medicated Acne Face Wash I just order this product on Amazon. Can you tell me if it’s worth it? Have you seen any improvement in your acne or oil production while using this? :)
Isabella G. il y a 4 mois
I did not see any improvement in my skin :(
Kara H.
Cleveland, TN
il y a 5 mois
Neshia J. il y a 5 mois
Yes it does! I love it!!!